KB HOME is a homebuilding company. The Company is engaged in selling and building a range of new homes designed primarily for first-time, move-up and active adult homebuyers, including attached and detached single-family residential homes. It operates through five segments, which consist of four homebuilding segments and one financial services segment. Its homebuilding segments include West Coast, Southwest, Central and Southeast. The homebuilding segments are engaged in the acquisition and development of land primarily for residential purposes. The financial services segment offers property and casualty insurance and, in certain instances, earthquake, flood and personal property insurance to its homebuyers in the same markets as its homebuilding segments, and provides title services in the majority of markets located within its Central and Southeast homebuilding segments. It offers homes in development communities, at urban in-fill locations and as part of mixed-use projects.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Construction
- Industry: Residential Construction
- Sub-Industry: Homebuilding
- Symbol: NYSE:KBH
- CUSIP: 48666K10
- Web: www.kbhome.com
- Market Cap: $1.82 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 85,273,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $20.69
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $17.93
- 52 Week Range: $13.55 - $21.75
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 18.70
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 10.99
- P/E Growth: 0.68
- Annual Revenue: $3.73 billion
- Price / Sales: 0.49
- Book Value: $20.36 per share
- Price / Book: 1.05
- Annual Dividend: $0.10
- Dividend Yield: 0.5%
- EBIDTA: $224.42 million
- Net Margins: 2.94%
- Return on Equity: 6.35%
- Return on Assets: 2.11%
- Current Ratio: 1.24%
- Quick Ratio: 0.24%
- Average Volume: 2.55 million shs.
- Beta: 1.93
- Short Ratio: 5.6
Frequently Asked Questions for KB Home (NYSE:KBH)
What is KB Home's stock symbol?
KB Home trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "KBH."
How often does KB Home pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for KB Home?
KB Home announced a quarterly dividend on Thursday, April 13th. Investors of record on Thursday, May 4th will be paid a dividend of $0.025 per share on Thursday, May 18th. This represents a $0.10 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 0.47%. The ex-dividend date is Tuesday, May 2nd. View KB Home's Dividend History.
How were KB Home's earnings last quarter?
KB Home (NYSE:KBH) released its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, March, 23rd. The company reported $0.15 earnings per share for the quarter, topping the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of $0.13 by $0.02. The business had revenue of $818.60 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $797.78 million. KB Home had a net margin of 2.94% and a return on equity of 6.35%. The company's revenue was up 20.7% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter last year, the business posted $0.14 earnings per share. View KB Home's Earnings History.
When will KB Home make its next earnings announcement?
Where is KB Home's stock going? Where will KB Home's stock price be in 2017?
18 brokerages have issued 12 month price objectives for KB Home's stock. Their predictions range from $11.50 to $22.00. On average, they anticipate KB Home's stock price to reach $17.33 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for KB Home.
What are analysts saying about KB Home stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about KB Home stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "The first quarter earnings and sales of KB Home surpassed analysts’ expectations by 7.1% and 2.1%, respectively. The company started 2017 with an impressive 20.7% growth in revenues and double-digit rise in deliveries and housing revenues. Strong orders in value (up 32%) and backlog (up 25%) bode well for the company. Regionally, operations in the West Coast have been the most encouraging. A healthy housing industry and strong demand trends in the markets served by KB Home drove the quarterly results. However, community count, which declined 2.5% during the quarter, is expected to remain flat in the second quarter on a year-over-year basis. Although KB Home has developed the right strategy to generate cash, accelerate asset turnover, boost returns and reduce debt, the rising interest rates may dent demand, thereby hurting the company’s profits." (3/27/2017)
- 2. Wedbush analysts commented, "We reiterate our OUTPERFORM rating on KBH. KBH raised the FY17 guidance midpoints for revenue to $4.15 billion from $4.0 billion and the operating margin to 6.1% from 6.0% based on much higher F1Q17 order growth than we expected. Consequently, we are lifting our FY17E/FY18E EPS to $1.61/$1.86 from $1.55/$1.75." (3/24/2017)
- 3. BTIG Research analysts commented, "In our view, KBH's business model represents a pre-crisis approach to homebuilding in an industry that has changed. KBH is attempting to re-build local market share to regain some control over margins, but is hampered by competition, an excessive debt load, an overhang of high cost land and a build-to-order strategy that does not mesh well with current labor shortages nor asset turnover efficiency, in our view." (2/7/2017)
Who are some of KB Home's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to KB Home include TRI Pointe Group (TPH), Ryland Group (RYL), M.D.C. Holdings (MDC), Meritage Homes Corp (MTH), Taylor Morrison Home Corp (TMHC), Cavco Industries (CVCO), William Lyon Homes (WLH), M/I Homes (MHO), Century Communities (CCS), Beazer Homes USA (BZH), Hovnanian Enterprises (HOV), AV Homes (AVHI), New Home Company (NWHM), Gafisa SA (GFA), UCP (UCP) and WCI Communities (WCIC).
Who are KB Home's key executives?
KB Home's management team includes the folowing people:
- Jeffrey T. Mezger, Chairman of the Board, President, Chief Executive Officer
- Jeff J. Kaminski, Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice President
- Brian J. Woram, Executive Vice President, General Counsel
- Albert Z. Praw, Executive Vice President - Real Estate and Business Development
- Thomas F. Norton, Senior Vice President - Human Resources
- William R. Hollinger, Senior Vice President, Chief Accounting Officer
- Melissa Lora, Lead Independent Director
- Timothy W. Finchem, Independent Director
- Stuart A. Gabriel Ph.D., Independent Director
- Thomas W. Gilligan Ph.D., Independent Director
Who owns KB Home stock?
KB Home's stock is owned by many different of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include FMR LLC (12.58%), BlackRock Inc. (11.80%), Donald Smith & CO. Inc. (8.13%), Vanguard Group Inc. (7.50%), AQR Capital Management LLC (6.73%) and Fisher Asset Management LLC (4.18%). Company insiders that own KB Home stock include Jeffrey T Mezger, Robert L Jr Patton and Thomas F Norton. View Institutional Ownership Trends for KB Home.
Who sold KB Home stock? Who is selling KB Home stock?
KB Home's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including FMR LLC, Capital Fund Management S.A., AQR Capital Management LLC, Suntrust Banks Inc., Fisher Asset Management LLC, Cipher Capital LP, Bank of Montreal Can and South Dakota Investment Council. Company insiders that have sold KB Home stock in the last year include Jeffrey T Mezger and Thomas F Norton. View Insider Buying and Selling for KB Home.
Who bought KB Home stock? Who is buying KB Home stock?
KB Home's stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including BlackRock Inc., Horseman Capital Management Ltd, Braun Stacey Associates Inc., Quantitative Investment Management LLC, Prudential Financial Inc., Gilder Gagnon Howe & Co. LLC, Geode Capital Management LLC and Vanguard Group Inc.. View Insider Buying and Selling for KB Home.
How do I buy KB Home stock?
Shares of KB Home can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is KB Home's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for KB Home (NYSE KBH)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about KB Home and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of KB Home stock can currently be purchased for approximately $21.32.
Earnings History for KB Home (NYSE:KBH)Earnings History by Quarter for KB Home (NYSE:KBH)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|6/19/2017|| || || || || || || || |
|3/23/2017||Q1 2017||$0.13||$0.15||$797.78 million||$818.60 million||View||N/A|
|1/11/2017||Q416||$0.37||$0.40||$1.16 billion||$1.19 billion||View||N/A|
|9/20/2016||Q316||$0.39||$0.42||$954.12 million||$913.28 million||View||Listen|
|6/21/2016||Q216||$0.14||$0.17||$753.14 million||$811.05 million||View||Listen|
|3/23/2016||Q116||$0.11||$0.14||$633.98 million||$678.40 million||View||Listen|
|1/7/2016||Q415||$0.50||$0.43||$1.07 million||$985.80 million||View||N/A|
|9/24/2015||Q315||$0.22||$0.23||$818.63 million||$840.20 million||View||Listen|
|6/19/2015||Q215||$0.08||$0.10||$655.00 million||$622.97 million||View||Listen|
|3/20/2015||Q115||$0.02||$0.08||$470.71 million||$580.12 million||View||Listen|
|1/13/2015||Q414||$0.56||$0.27||$778.50 million||$796.00 million||View||N/A|
|9/24/2014||Q314||$0.40||$0.28||$640.12 million||$589.21 million||View||Listen|
|6/27/2014||Q214||$0.20||$0.27||$563.10 million||$565.00 million||View||Listen|
|3/19/2014||Q114||$0.09||$0.12||$437.09 million||$450.70 million||View||Listen|
|12/19/2013||Q4||$0.21||$0.31||$569.55 million||$618.50 million||View||Listen|
|9/24/2013||Q313||$0.21||$0.28||$569.30 million||$549.00 million||View||N/A|
|6/27/2013||Q2 2013||($0.06)||($0.04)||$450.80 million||$524.40 million||View||N/A|
|3/21/2013||Q1 2013||($0.22)||($0.16)||$359.80 million||$405.20 million||View||N/A|
|12/20/2012||Q4 2012||$0.06||$0.10||$567.06 million||$578.20 million||View||N/A|
|9/21/2012||Q312||($0.16)||$0.04||$430.05 million||$424.50 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for KB Home (NYSE:KBH)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.61
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.87
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Current Dividend Information for KB Home (NYSE:KBH)
|Most Recent Dividend:||5/18/2017|
|Dividend Growth:||0.00% (3 Year Average)|
|Payout Ratio:||8.85% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
6.29% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
5.15% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Dividend History by Quarter for KB Home (NYSE:KBH)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for KB Home (NYSE:KBH)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 8.60%Insider Trades by Quarter for KB Home (NYSE:KBH)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 95.74%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|3/29/2017||Thomas F Norton||SVP||Sell||45,000||$19.81||$891,450.00|| |
|7/27/2016||Jeffrey T Mezger||Insider||Sell||500,000||$16.47||$8,235,000.00|| |
|7/26/2016||Jeffrey T Mezger||CEO||Sell||230,000||$16.43||$3,778,900.00|| |
|7/25/2016||Jeffrey T Mezger||CEO||Sell||110,000||$16.39||$1,802,900.00|| |
|2/10/2016||Robert L. Jr. Patton||Director||Buy||67,615||$9.64||$651,808.60|| |
|4/27/2015||Nicholas S Franklin||EVP||Buy||5,000||$14.76||$73,800.00|| |
|5/10/2013||Thomas F Norton||SVP||Sell||35,417||$24.23||$858,153.91|| |
Headline Trends for KB Home (NYSE:KBH)
Latest Headlines for KB Home (NYSE:KBH)
KB Home (KBH) Chart for Monday, May, 29, 2017