Shopify Inc is a Canada-based company engaged in the offering cloud-based, multi-channel commerce platform. The Company's platform is designed for small and medium-sized businesses. Using a single interface, the Company's merchants can design, set up and manage their business across multiple sales channels, including Web and mobile storefronts, social media storefronts and physical retail locations. The Company's platform provides merchants with a single view of their business and customers across all of their sales channels and enables them to manage products and inventory, process orders and payments, ship orders, build customer relationships and leverage analytics and reporting. The Company's merchants use its platform to sell online, in retail stores and on the go.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Application Software
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Exchange: NYSE
- Symbol: SHOP
- Previous Close: $63.08
- 50 Day Moving Average: $51.14
- 200 Day Moving Average: $43.92
- 52-Week Range: $19.51 - $63.93
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 450.57
- P/E Growth: -33.00
- Market Cap: $5.66B
- Outstanding Shares: 88,958,000
- Beta: 1.09
- Net Margins: -9.96%
- Return on Equity: -13.30%
- Return on Assets: -10.70%
Companies Related to Shopify:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.03%
- Current Ratio: 6.91%
- Quick Ratio: 6.91%
What is Shopify's stock symbol?
Shopify trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "SHOP."
Where is Shopify's stock going? Where will Shopify's stock price be in 2017?
27 analysts have issued 12-month price targets for Shopify's shares. Their forecasts range from $35.00 to $75.00. On average, they expect Shopify's stock price to reach $56.44 in the next twelve months.
When will Shopify announce their earnings?
Shopify is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Tuesday, May, 2nd 2017.
What are analysts saying about Shopify stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Shopify stock:
- Wedbush analysts commented, "We expect Shopify to continue to grow at above-ecommerce market growth rates for the foreseeable future as it continues to penetrate its sizable SMB TAM and makes in-roads with larger brands. FY16 ends on a high note. Q4 results topped expectations as revenue grew 86% YoY to $130.4 million coming in well ahead of both consensus of $121.6 million and the guidance range of $120-$122 million. Revenue growth was driven by strong execution across the board." (2/16/2017)
- Robert W. Baird analysts commented, "Shopify reported Q4 results above consensus on the top and bottom line, driven by strength across both Subscription and Merchant solutions. Looking ahead, management plans to continue making investments in product to improve functionality for merchants, leverage existing data, and expand the partner/developer ecosystem. We believe that Shopify's value proposition for SMBs remains top-of-class, and expect a stable revenue growth trajectory benefiting from increasing Shopify Plus adoption and deepening merchant engagement. Maintain Outperform rating with a new $69 price target." (2/15/2017)
According to Zacks Investment Research, "Shopify Inc. offers cloud-based commerce platform. The Company's platform provides merchants to design, set up and manage their stores through Web, mobile, social media, brick-and-mortar locations and pop-up shops. Shopify Inc. is based in Ottawa, Canada. " (11/9/2016)
Morgan Stanley analysts commented, "We recognize investor preference for a faster timeline to profitability but see the company’s effort to drive merchant growth and maximize platform value as the right long-term move." (5/5/2016)
Who owns Shopify stock?
Shopify's stock is owned by a number of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include FMR LLC (12.82%), Light Street Capital Management LLC (1.55%), Renaissance Technologies LLC (1.45%), Scge Management L.P. (0.98%), Federated Investors Inc. PA (0.53%) and Castleark Management LLC (0.36%).
Who sold Shopify stock? Who is selling Shopify stock?
Shopify's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Fred Alger Management Inc., Light Street Capital Management LLC, Two Sigma Investments LP, FIL Ltd, Royce & Associates LP, Turner Investments LLC, Renaissance Technologies LLC and Barometer Capital Management Inc..
Who bought Shopify stock? Who is buying Shopify stock?
Shopify's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Scge Management L.P., Nicholas Investment Partners LP, FMR LLC, Bessemer Group Inc., Russell Investments Group Ltd., Waratah Capital Advisors Ltd., Paulson & CO. Inc. and Advisory Research Inc..
How do I buy Shopify stock?
Shares of Shopify can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Shopify stock cost?
One share of Shopify stock can currently be purchased for approximately $63.08.