About Sequans Communications (NYSE:SQNS)
Sequans Communications S.A., together with its subsidiaries, engages in fabless designing, developing, and supplying 4G LTE semiconductor solutions for wireless broadband and Internet of Things applications. Its solutions incorporate baseband processor and radio frequency (RF) transceiver integrated circuits along with proprietary signal processing techniques, algorithms, and software stacks. The company offers baseband solutions used to encode and decode data based on 4G protocols that serve as the wireless processing platform for a 4G device; RF transceivers used to transmit and receive wireless transmissions; and system-on-chip solutions that integrate the baseband and RF transceiver functions. Its solutions serves as the wireless communications platform in various devices, including USB dongles; portable routers; embedded wireless modems for computing and multimedia devices; and customer-premises equipment, such as fixed wireless broadband access modems, routers, and residential gateways. The company's solutions also provide connectivity for industrial devices in transportation, security, asset tracking, retail, smart energy, smart city, agriculture, healthcare, and other applications. It serves OEMs, ODMs, contract manufacturers, or system integrators, as well as distributors who provide customer communications, logistics, and support functions. The company operates in the Asia-Pacific region, including Taiwan, China, South Korea, and Japan; Europe; the Middle East; and North and South America. Sequans Communications S.A. was founded in 2003 and is headquartered in Paris, France.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Semiconductors & related devices
SectorComputer and Technology
Trailing P/E Ratio-6.68
Forward P/E Ratio-8.36
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$48.26 million
Price / Sales3.47
Price / CashN/A
Book Value$0.05 per share
Price / Book41.80
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)($0.31)
Return on Equity-243.68%
Return on Assets-40.63%
Sequans Communications (NYSE:SQNS) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Sequans Communications' stock symbol?
Sequans Communications trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "SQNS."
How were Sequans Communications' earnings last quarter?
Sequans Communications SA (NYSE:SQNS) posted its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, May, 2nd. The semiconductor company reported ($0.08) EPS for the quarter, meeting the consensus estimate of ($0.08). The semiconductor company earned $11.23 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $11.23 million. Sequans Communications had a negative net margin of 62.26% and a negative return on equity of 243.68%. The company's quarterly revenue was down 9.7% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter in the previous year, the business posted ($0.06) EPS. View Sequans Communications' Earnings History.
When is Sequans Communications' next earnings date?
What guidance has Sequans Communications issued on next quarter's earnings?
Sequans Communications updated its second quarter earnings guidance on Wednesday, May, 2nd. The company provided EPS guidance of ($0.08-0.07) for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus earnings per share estimate of ($0.07). The company issued revenue guidance of $12.5-14.5 million, compared to the consensus revenue estimate of $13.30 million.
What price target have analysts set for SQNS?
7 brokerages have issued 1-year price targets for Sequans Communications' stock. Their forecasts range from $2.50 to $5.00. On average, they expect Sequans Communications' stock price to reach $3.75 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Sequans Communications.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Sequans Communications stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Sequans Communications stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Sequans Communications S.A., operates as a fabless designer, developer and supplier of 4G semiconductor solutions for wireless broadband applications. Solutions offered by the Company include baseband processor and radio frequency, or RF, transceiver integrated circuits, or ICs, along with signal processing techniques, algorithms and software stacks. Its solutions can be applied in devices like: smartphones; USB dongles; portable routers; embedded wireless modems for laptops, netbooks, tablets, and other consumer multimedia and industrial devices; consumer premises equipment, or CPE, such as residential gateways; and basestations. Sequans Communications S.A. is based in Paris, France. " (6/14/2018)
- 2. Needham & Company LLC analysts commented, "Sequans reported 1Q18 results and 2Q18 guidance largely in-line with our and Street estimates. While the Broadband business continues to face near-term headwinds, IoT revenue increased by >50% Q/Q. With the CAT 1 revenue ramp on track and CAT M1/NB1 revenue set to reach higher levels in 2H18, Sequans anticipates sequential revenue growth throughout the calendar year. Importantly, we have increasing confidence that revenue will ramp to the high-teens by year-end thereby significantly reducing the company’s cash burn. To reflect a more gradual recovery in the broadband business and a slight timing shift in the CAT-M1/NB1 ramp, we are modestly reducing our 2018 and 2019 estimates. However, with strong visibility into the hockey stick" in IoT revenue, we reiterate our Buy rating and $3 PT ." (5/2/2018)
Who are some of Sequans Communications' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Sequans Communications include ChipMOS Technologies (IMOS), Ultra Clean (UCTT), Quantenna Communications (QTNA), Ichor (ICHR), Photronics (PLAB), NVE (NVEC), Enphase Energy (ENPH), Hanwha Q Cells (HQCL), Aquantia (AQ), Alpha and Omega Semiconductor (AOSL), Magnachip Semiconductor (MX), Daqo New Energy (DQ), JinkoSolar (JKS), JA Solar (JASO) and NeoPhotonics (NPTN).
Who are Sequans Communications' key executives?
Sequans Communications' management team includes the folowing people:
- Dr. Georges Karam, Chairman, Chief Exec. Officer and Pres (Age 56)
- Mr. Bertrand Debray, Chief Operating Officer (Age 53)
- Ms. Deborah Choate, Chief Financial Officer (Age 54)
- Mr. Didier Dutronc, Chief Marketing Officer (Age 58)
- Mr. Nick Taluja, VP of Worldwide Sales (Age 46)
Has Sequans Communications been receiving favorable news coverage?
News stories about SQNS stock have been trending somewhat positive this week, according to Accern Sentiment. The research firm identifies positive and negative media coverage by analyzing more than 20 million news and blog sources in real time. Accern ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. Sequans Communications earned a news sentiment score of 0.13 on Accern's scale. They also gave media headlines about the semiconductor company an impact score of 46.85 out of 100, indicating that recent media coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the stock's share price in the next several days.
Who are Sequans Communications' major shareholders?
Which institutional investors are buying Sequans Communications stock?
How do I buy shares of Sequans Communications?
Shares of SQNS can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Sequans Communications' stock price today?
One share of SQNS stock can currently be purchased for approximately $2.09.
How big of a company is Sequans Communications?
Sequans Communications has a market capitalization of $168.05 million and generates $48.26 million in revenue each year. The semiconductor company earns $-26,160,000.00 in net income (profit) each year or ($0.31) on an earnings per share basis. Sequans Communications employs 213 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Sequans Communications?
Sequans Communications' mailing address is 15-55 BLVD CHARLES DE GAULLE, COLOMBES I0, 92700. The semiconductor company can be reached via phone at 33-1-70-72-16-00 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Sequans Communications (SQNS)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Sequans Communications and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe SQNS will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe SQNS will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.