About Sequans Communications S.A. (NYSE:SQNS)
Sequans Communications S.A. is a fabless designer, developer and supplier of fourth Generation long term evolution (4G LTE) semiconductor solutions for wireless broadband applications, with a specific focus on the single-mode device market. Its semiconductor solutions integrate baseband processor and radio frequency (RF) transceiver integrated circuits (ICs) along with its signal processing techniques, algorithms and software stacks. In the broadband data device market, its solutions serve as the wireless communications platform in devices, such as smartphones; Universal Serial Bus (USB) dongles; portable routers; embedded wireless modems for laptops, tablets, and other consumer multimedia devices; and customer-premises equipment, such as fixed wireless access modems, routers and residential gateways. The Company's products include SQN3330, SQN3223, SQN3221, SQN3241, VZ120Q, VZ22Q, VZ22M, US60L, SQN3220, SQN3240, SQN3120, SQN5120, SQN3140, VZ20Q, VZ20M, SQN1210 and SQN1220.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Semiconductors
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NYSE:SQNS
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.sequans.com
- Market Cap: $145.73 million
- Outstanding Shares: 79,762,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $2.76
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $3.33
- 52 Week Range: $1.65 - $4.75
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -12.27
- P/E Growth: -18.94
- Annual Revenue: $52.06 million
- Price / Sales: 2.82
- Book Value: $0.18 per share
- Price / Book: 10.22
- EBITDA: ($11,890,000.00)
- Net Margins: -42.44%
- Return on Equity: -212.46%
- Return on Assets: -32.62%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.40%
- Current Ratio: 1.30%
- Quick Ratio: 1.09%
- Average Volume: 594,928 shs.
- Beta: 2.58
- Short Ratio: 1.03
Frequently Asked Questions for Sequans Communications S.A. (NYSE:SQNS)
What is Sequans Communications S.A.'s stock symbol?
Sequans Communications S.A. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "SQNS."
How were Sequans Communications S.A.'s earnings last quarter?
Sequans Communications S.A. (NYSE:SQNS) announced its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, August, 1st. The company reported ($0.07) earnings per share for the quarter, missing the consensus estimate of ($0.06) by $0.01. The business earned $13.22 million during the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $14.48 million. Sequans Communications S.A. had a negative return on equity of 212.46% and a negative net margin of 42.44%. Sequans Communications S.A.'s revenue for the quarter was up 33.8% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the previous year, the company posted ($0.10) EPS. View Sequans Communications S.A.'s Earnings History.
When will Sequans Communications S.A. make its next earnings announcement?
What guidance has Sequans Communications S.A. issued on next quarter's earnings?
Sequans Communications S.A. updated its third quarter earnings guidance on Wednesday, October, 4th. The company provided earnings per share (EPS) guidance of ($0.07)-($0.06) for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus earnings per share estimate of ($0.06). The company issued revenue guidance of $11.0-11.2 million, compared to the consensus revenue estimate of $15.93 million.
Where is Sequans Communications S.A.'s stock going? Where will Sequans Communications S.A.'s stock price be in 2017?
6 brokerages have issued twelve-month target prices for Sequans Communications S.A.'s stock. Their forecasts range from $3.00 to $5.00. On average, they anticipate Sequans Communications S.A.'s share price to reach $3.96 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Sequans Communications S.A..
What are analysts saying about Sequans Communications S.A. stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Sequans Communications S.A. stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Sequans Communications S.A., operates as a fabless designer, developer and supplier of 4G semiconductor solutions for wireless broadband applications. Solutions offered by the Company include baseband processor and radio frequency, or RF, transceiver integrated circuits, or ICs, along with signal processing techniques, algorithms and software stacks. Its solutions can be applied in devices like: smartphones; USB dongles; portable routers; embedded wireless modems for laptops, netbooks, tablets, and other consumer multimedia and industrial devices; consumer premises equipment, or CPE, such as residential gateways; and basestations. Sequans Communications S.A. is based in Paris, France. " (10/10/2017)
- 2. Needham & Company LLC analysts commented, "SQNS negatively pre-announced 3Q17 results, reducing 3Q17 revenue expectations by ~$5MM from the prior mid-point and shaving $0.01 from the upper end of its EPS range due to continued weakness/pricing pressure in emerging markets broadband CPE equipment and an inventory correction in the Verizon Jetpack business. A Vertical Markets deal also slipped to 4Q17. Management expects the Broadband weakness to continue through year-end. While the CAT 1/CAT M IoT outlook remains intact, we are forced to reduce our forward estimates, which in turn will once again raise concerns about the balance sheet and cash burn. While this near-term impact is disappointing, we remain positive on SQNS given the company’s leadership in narrowband LTE." (10/4/2017)
- 3. B. Riley analysts commented, "We will have more detailed implications for our C17&18 revenue and EPS estimates of $61.3MM(34.4%)/($0.21) and $101.1MM(65.1%)/($0.01) following Wednesday’s call." (10/4/2017)
- 4. Canaccord Genuity analysts commented, "We believe the module certification should accelerate product time to market for fast growing vertical market opportunities including vehicle telematics, security, and surveillance. We believe the certification is consistent with our expectations for ramping CAT-1 IoT related revenue during 2H17, as we estimate $15M of CAT-1 IoT related sales in 2017 increasing to $32M in C2018. This announcement ahead of MWC Americas follows the prior certification of the Calliope chipset on AT&T and other US carriers. In addition, Sequans recently introduced a tracker platform based on the integration of Sequans and ST technologies chipsets." (9/13/2017)
Who are some of Sequans Communications S.A.'s key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Sequans Communications S.A. include Kopin Corporation (KOPN), Sparton Corporation (SPA), Pixelworks (PXLW), QuickLogic Corporation (QUIK), eMagin (EMAN), Nanoco Group PLC (NANO), Resonant (RESN), Intermolecular (IMI), Netlist (NLST), ParkerVision (PRKR), Rubicon Technology (RBCN), MoSys (MOSY), Alent PLC (ALNT), Alliance Fiber Optic Products (AFOP), Altera (ALTR), Applied Micro Circuits (AMCC), ARM Holdings plc (ARM) and ARM Holdings plc (ARMH).
Who are Sequans Communications S.A.'s key executives?
Sequans Communications S.A.'s management team includes the folowing people:
- Georges M Karam, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer, President
- Deborah Choate, Chief Financial Officer
- Bertrand Debray, Chief Operating Officer
- Didier Dutronc, Chief Marketing Officer
- Eddy Tang, Vice President - Manufacturing Operations
- Nick Taluja, Vice President - Worldwide Sales
- T. Craig Miller, Vice President - Worldwide Marketing
- Fabien Buda, Vice President - Engineering
- Hugues Waldburger, Vice President - Product and Program Management
- Rudy Leser, Vice President - Business Development
Who owns Sequans Communications S.A. stock?
Who sold Sequans Communications S.A. stock? Who is selling Sequans Communications S.A. stock?
How do I buy Sequans Communications S.A. stock?
Shares of Sequans Communications S.A. can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Sequans Communications S.A.'s stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Sequans Communications S.A. (NYSE SQNS)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Sequans Communications S.A. and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Sequans Communications S.A. stock can currently be purchased for approximately $1.84.
Earnings History for Sequans Communications S.A. (NYSE:SQNS)Earnings History by Quarter for Sequans Communications S.A. (NYSE SQNS)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/1/2017||6/30/2017||($0.06)||($0.07)||$14.48 million||$13.22 million||View||Listen|
|5/2/2017||3/31/2017||($0.08)||($0.06)||$12.39 million||$12.40 million||View||Listen|
|2/14/2017||Q416||($0.06)||($0.06)||$13.90 million||$14.00 million||View||Listen|
|10/27/2016||Q316||($0.09)||($0.07)||$12.26 million||$12.50 million||View||Listen|
|7/28/2016||Q216||($0.09)||($0.10)||$10.95 million||$9.90 million||View||Listen|
|4/28/2016||Q116||($0.09)||($0.09)||$10.54 million||$9.30 million||View||Listen|
|2/4/2016||Q415||($0.06)||($0.07)||$10.93 million||$11.00 million||View||N/A|
|10/22/2015||Q315||($0.09)||($0.08)||$9.38 million||$9.40 million||View||Listen|
|7/23/2015||Q215||($0.11)||($0.11)||$7.88 million||$7.80 million||View||Listen|
|4/23/2015||Q115||($0.13)||($0.14)||$5.10 million||$4.80 million||View||N/A|
|2/5/2015||Q414||($0.13)||($0.12)||$7.40 million||$6.60 million||View||N/A|
|10/23/2014||Q314||($0.13)||($0.13)||$7.32 million||$6.46 million||View||Listen|
|7/24/2014||Q214||($0.14)||($0.14)||$5.53 million||$5.10 million||View||N/A|
|4/24/2014||Q114||($0.13)||($0.13)||$5.00 million||$4.50 million||View||N/A|
|2/6/2014||Q4 13||($0.16)||($0.15)||$5.02 million||$5.00 million||View||N/A|
|10/24/2013||Q313||($0.19)||($0.20)||$4.00 million||$4.10 million||View||N/A|
|7/25/2013||Q2 2013||($0.19)||($0.19)||$2.40 million||$2.30 million||View||N/A|
|2/7/2013||Q4 2012||($0.22)||($0.28)||$4.88 million||$3.10 million||View||Listen|
|10/25/2012||Q312||($0.18)||($0.17)||$8.57 million||$8.00 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Sequans Communications S.A. (NYSE:SQNS)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-0.26 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-0.15 EPS
Dividend History for Sequans Communications S.A. (NYSE:SQNS)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading History for Sequans Communications S.A. (NYSE:SQNS)
No insider trades for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Headline Trends for Sequans Communications S.A. (NYSE:SQNS)
Latest Headlines for Sequans Communications S.A. (NYSE:SQNS)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Sequans Communications S.A. (SQNS) Chart for Monday, October, 23, 2017