Tutor Perini Corporation is a construction company offering general contracting, construction management and design-build services to private customers and public agencies across the world. The Company operates through three segments: Civil, Building and Specialty Contractors. Its Civil segment specializes in public works construction and the repair, replacement and reconstruction of infrastructure across various geographic regions of the United States. Its Building segment provides services to various specialized building markets for private and public works customers, including the hospitality and gaming, transportation, healthcare, corporate and municipal offices, sports and entertainment, education, correctional facilities, biotech, pharmaceutical and industrial markets. Its Specialty Contractors segment specializes in electrical, mechanical, plumbing, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC), fire protection systems, and pneumatically placed concrete.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Construction
- Industry: Construction & Engineering - NEC
- Sub-Industry: Construction & Engineering
- Symbol: NYSE:TPC
- CUSIP: 90110910
- Web: www.tutorperini.com
- Market Cap: $1.37 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 49,695,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $27.63
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $29.00
- 52 Week Range: $18.05 - $33.00
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 14.94
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 9.65
- P/E Growth: 1.24
- Annual Revenue: $5.01 billion
- Price / Sales: 0.27
- Book Value: $31.40 per share
- Price / Book: 0.88
- EBIDTA: $274.3 million
- Net Margins: 1.88%
- Return on Equity: 6.15%
- Return on Assets: 2.29%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.48%
- Current Ratio: 2.02%
- Quick Ratio: 2.02%
- Average Volume: 326,262 shs.
- Beta: 2.44
- Short Ratio: 10.91
Frequently Asked Questions for Tutor Perini Corporation (NYSE:TPC)
What is Tutor Perini Corporation's stock symbol?
Tutor Perini Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "TPC."
How were Tutor Perini Corporation's earnings last quarter?
Tutor Perini Corporation (NYSE:TPC) announced its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, August, 2nd. The company reported $0.43 earnings per share for the quarter, missing the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of $0.51 by $0.08. The company earned $1.31 billion during the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $1.40 billion. Tutor Perini Corporation had a net margin of 1.88% and a return on equity of 6.15%. Tutor Perini Corporation's revenue for the quarter was down .3% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter last year, the firm posted $0.41 earnings per share. View Tutor Perini Corporation's Earnings History.
What guidance has Tutor Perini Corporation issued on next quarter's earnings?
Tutor Perini Corporation updated its FY17 earnings guidance on Wednesday, May, 3rd. The company provided earnings per share guidance of $2.10-2.40 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus earnings per share estimate of $2.28. The company issued revenue guidance of more than $5.5 billion, compared to the consensus revenue estimate of $5.46 billion.
Where is Tutor Perini Corporation's stock going? Where will Tutor Perini Corporation's stock price be in 2017?
7 brokers have issued 12-month target prices for Tutor Perini Corporation's shares. Their forecasts range from $22.00 to $38.00. On average, they anticipate Tutor Perini Corporation's stock price to reach $31.00 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Tutor Perini Corporation.
What are analysts saying about Tutor Perini Corporation stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Tutor Perini Corporation stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Tutor Perini Corporation provides diversified general contracting, construction management and design-build services to private clients and public agencies worldwide. The company operates in four segments: Civil, Building, Specialty Contractors, and Management Services. The Civil segment engages in public works construction activities and the repair, replacement, and reconstruction of infrastructure. The Building segment offers services in specialized building markets, including hospitality and gaming, transportation, healthcare, municipal offices, sports and entertainment, education, correctional facilities, biotech, pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology. The Specialty Contractors segment provides plumbing, HVAC, electrical, mechanical, and concrete services for the industrial, commercial, hospitality and gaming, and transportation markets. The Management Services segment offers construction and design-build services to the U.S. military and government agencies, and multi-national corporations. " (7/6/2017)
- 2. Canaccord Genuity analysts commented, "We met with CFO Gary Smalley and IR earlier this week at TPC’s headquarters. We remain positive on the 2H demand inflection and continue to expect strong long-term growth driven primarily by a better funding environment for Civil projects. The outlook for continuing margin improvements looks upbeat as well, given the growing mix of Civil within backlog and absolute improvements for margins in Specialty and from better overall pricing. In the near term we expect the timing of the wind-down and ramp-up of certain Civil projects to drive a more 2H weighting for results than we had previously modeled, especially for EPS. We are adjusting the linearity of our 2017 estimates accordingly, while leaving the full year for 2017 and 2018 unchanged. Given strong award activity ($774M in Civil awards in Q2) and recent news that TPC was low bidder on an additional $142M of Civil work, we expect Civil backlog to grow substantially Y/Y in Q2, although overall backlog could be flat to down modestly. In our view, the growth and increasing mix of Civil backlog is the best indicator of future EBITDA trends for the company." (6/23/2017)
Who are some of Tutor Perini Corporation's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Tutor Perini Corporation include KBR (KBR), Granite Construction Incorporated (GVA), Balfour Beatty plc (BBY), Chicago Bridge & Iron Company N.V. (CBI), Primoris Services Corporation (PRIM), NCI Building Systems (NCS), Kier Group plc (KIE), John Laing Group PLC (JLG), Galliford Try plc (GFRD), Argan (AGX), Aegion Corp (AEGN), Keller Group plc (KLR), Morgan Sindall Group PLC (MGNS), Grana y Montero S.A.A. (GRAM), USD Partners LP (USDP), Renew Holdings Plc (RNWH), Carillion plc (CLLN) and Severfield PLC (SFR).
Who are Tutor Perini Corporation's key executives?
Tutor Perini Corporation's management team includes the folowing people:
- Ronald N. Tutor, Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer
- James Allen Frost, President, Chief Operating Officer, Director
- Michael R. Klein, Lead Independent Vice Chairman of the Board
- Gary G. Smalley, Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice President
- Leonard Rejcek, Executive Vice President, President and Chief Executive Officer - Building Group
- Ryan J. Soroka, Chief Accounting Officer, Vice President, Principal Accounting Officer
- Sidney J. Feltenstein, Director
- Peter Arkley, Independent Director
- Thomas C. Leppert, Independent Director
- Robert C. Lieber, Independent Director
Who owns Tutor Perini Corporation stock?
Tutor Perini Corporation's stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include Russell Investments Group Ltd. (0.84%), Peregrine Capital Management LLC (0.66%), Boston Advisors LLC (0.38%), John G Ullman & Associates Inc. (0.24%), Livforsakringsbolaget Skandia Omsesidigt (0.09%) and James Investment Research Inc. (0.08%). View Institutional Ownership Trends for Tutor Perini Corporation.
Who sold Tutor Perini Corporation stock? Who is selling Tutor Perini Corporation stock?
Who bought Tutor Perini Corporation stock? Who is buying Tutor Perini Corporation stock?
Tutor Perini Corporation's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including John G Ullman & Associates Inc., James Investment Research Inc., Russell Investments Group Ltd., Boston Advisors LLC, Eqis Capital Management Inc., Strs Ohio, Aperio Group LLC and KAMES CAPITAL plc. View Insider Buying and Selling for Tutor Perini Corporation.
How do I buy Tutor Perini Corporation stock?
Shares of Tutor Perini Corporation can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Tutor Perini Corporation's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Tutor Perini Corporation (NYSE TPC)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Tutor Perini Corporation and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Tutor Perini Corporation stock can currently be purchased for approximately $27.60.
Consensus Ratings for Tutor Perini Corporation (NYSE:TPC) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||1 Hold Rating, 6 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.86)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$31.00 (12.32% upside)|
Analysts' Ratings History for Tutor Perini Corporation (NYSE:TPC)
(Data available from 7/27/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|6/23/2017||Canaccord Genuity||Reiterated Rating||Buy||Low|
|2/16/2017||DA Davidson||Reiterated Rating||Buy||N/A|
|1/27/2017||KeyCorp||Initiated Coverage||Sector Weight||N/A|
|1/26/2017||FBR & Co||Boost Price Target||Outperform||$35.00 -> $38.00||N/A|
|1/25/2017||Standpoint Research||Upgrade||Hold -> Buy||N/A|
|12/28/2016||MKM Partners||Boost Price Target||Buy||$31.00 -> $34.00||N/A|
|11/3/2016||Sidoti||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||$28.00 -> $22.00||N/A|
|10/24/2016||Seaport Global Securities||Upgrade||Accumulate -> Buy||$26.00||N/A|
|12/9/2015||Stifel Nicolaus||Initiated Coverage||Hold||N/A|
Earnings History for Tutor Perini Corporation (NYSE:TPC)Earnings History by Quarter for Tutor Perini Corporation (NYSE TPC)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|2/23/2017||Q416||$0.60||$0.60||$1.36 billion||$1.25 billion||View||N/A|
|11/2/2016||Q316||$0.62||$0.57||$1.38 million||$1.33 billion||View||N/A|
|8/2/2016||Q2||$0.51||$0.43||$1.40 billion||$1.31 billion||View||N/A|
|5/4/2016||Q116||$0.19||$0.31||$1.14 billion||$1.09 billion||View||N/A|
|2/29/2016||Q415||$0.08||$0.18||$1.31 billion||$1.20 billion||View||Listen|
|8/6/2015||Q215||$0.52||$0.41||$1.23 billion||$1.31 billion||View||N/A|
|5/7/2015||Q115||$0.23||$0.10||$1.24 billion||$1.07 billion||View||N/A|
|2/26/2015||Q414||$0.71||$0.56||$1.28 billion||$1.20 billion||View||N/A|
|11/5/2014||Q314||$0.69||$0.73||$1.23 billion||$1.25 billion||View||N/A|
|8/5/2014||Q214||$0.48||$0.58||$1.15 billion||$1.08 billion||View||N/A|
|5/7/2014||Q114||$0.21||$0.33||$1.05 billion||$955.20 million||View||N/A|
|2/24/2014||Q413||$0.61||$0.68||$1.16 billion||$1.10 billion||View||Listen|
|11/4/2013||Q313||$0.55||$0.54||$1.23 billion||$1.03 billion||View||Listen|
|8/9/2013||Q2 2013||$0.37||$0.32||$1.07 billion||$1.05 billion||View||Listen|
|5/1/2013||Q1 2013||$0.24||$0.31||$983.16 million||$992.93 million||View||Listen|
|2/21/2013||Q4 2012||$0.66||$0.66||$1.15 billion||$1.11 billion||View||Listen|
|11/1/2012||Q312||$0.48||$0.54||$1.15 billion||$1.10 billion||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Tutor Perini Corporation (NYSE:TPC)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $2.31
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $2.91
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Tutor Perini Corporation (NYSE:TPC)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Tutor Perini Corporation (NYSE:TPC)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 24.50%Insider Trades by Quarter for Tutor Perini Corporation (NYSE:TPC)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 80.64%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|3/17/2017||James A Frost||COO||Sell||110,000||$30.27||$3,329,700.00|| |
|12/20/2016||James A Frost||COO||Sell||7,500||$28.79||$215,925.00|| |
|9/17/2015||James A Frost||COO||Sell||5,000||$18.15||$90,750.00|| |
|9/14/2015||James A. Frost||COO||Sell||30,000||$17.06||$511,800.00|| |
|6/18/2015||James A Frost||COO||Sell||21,300||$24.00||$511,200.00|| |
|6/15/2015||Ronald N Tutor||CEO||Buy||10,080||$23.66||$238,492.80|| |
|6/10/2015||N. Tutor Separate Prope Ronald||Major Shareholder||Buy||6,258||$23.21||$145,248.18|| |
|6/10/2015||Ronald N Tutor||CEO||Buy||36,805||$22.87||$841,730.35|| |
|6/9/2015||N. Tutor Separate Prope Ronald||Major Shareholder||Buy||10,798||$22.68||$244,898.64|| |
|6/8/2015||N. Tutor Separate Prope Ronald||Major Shareholder||Buy||19,749||$22.86||$451,462.14|| |
|6/5/2015||Ronald N Tutor||CEO||Buy||95,004||$22.52||$2,139,490.08|| |
|6/2/2015||Ronald N Tutor||CEO||Buy||58,111||$21.03||$1,222,074.33|| |
|12/17/2013||Ronald Tutor||CEO||Sell||72,399||$25.24||$1,827,350.76|| |
|12/13/2013||Ronald Tutor||CEO||Sell||77,601||$25.56||$1,983,481.56|| |
|11/7/2013||Robert Band||President||Sell||22,395||$21.86||$489,554.70|| |
|9/18/2013||N. Tutor Separate Prope Ronald||major shareholder||Sell||100,000||$19.04||$1,904,000.00|| |
|8/21/2013||N. Tutor Separate Prope Ronald||major shareholder||Sell||100,000||$19.03||$1,903,000.00|| |
|6/7/2013||Ronald N Tutor||CEO||Sell||39,070||$17.50||$683,725.00|| |
|6/6/2013||Ronald N Tutor||CEO||Sell||110,930||$17.65||$1,957,914.50|| |
|6/3/2013||Kenneth R Burk||EVP||Sell||51,075||$18.21||$930,075.75|| |
|5/17/2013||Ronald N Tutor||CEO||Sell||50,000||$18.24||$912,000.00|| |
|3/12/2013||Ronald N Tutor||CEO||Sell||200,000||$17.22||$3,444,000.00|| |
|9/14/2012||Mark Caspers||VP||Sell||14,400||$11.96||$172,224.00|| |
Headline Trends for Tutor Perini Corporation (NYSE:TPC)
Latest Headlines for Tutor Perini Corporation (NYSE:TPC)
Tutor Perini Corporation (TPC) Chart for Thursday, July, 27, 2017