About United Rentals
United Rentals, Inc. is a holding company engaged in the business of equipment rental. The Company conducts its operations through its subsidiary, United Rentals (North America), Inc. (URNA) and subsidiaries of URNA. It operates through two segments: general rentals, and trench, power and pump. The general rentals includes the rental of general construction and industrial equipment, such as backhoes, skid-steer loaders, forklifts, earthmoving equipment and material handling equipment; aerial work platforms, such as boom lifts and scissor lifts, general tools and light equipment, such as pressure washers, water pumps and power tools. The trench, power and pump segment includes the rental of specialty construction products and related services. The trench, power and pump segment consists of the Trench Safety region; the Power and heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) region, and the Pump Solutions region. The Company operates approximately 900 rental locations.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Construction
- Industry: Rental & Leasing Services
- Sub-Industry: Trading Companies & Distributors
- Exchange: NYSE
- Symbol: URI
- CUSIP: 91136310
- Previous Close: $124.15
- 50 Day Moving Average: $120.38
- 200 Day Moving Average: $95.37
- 52-Week Range: $49.91 - $131.19
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 19.25
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 12.26
- P/E Growth: 1.00
- Market Cap: $10.47B
- Outstanding Shares: 84,310,000
- Beta: 2.49
- Net Margins: 9.82%
- Return on Equity: 50.17%
- Return on Assets: 6.30%
Companies Related to United Rentals:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 4.80%
- Current Ratio: 0.95%
- Quick Ratio: 0.90%
What is United Rentals' stock symbol?
United Rentals trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "URI."
Where is United Rentals' stock going? Where will United Rentals' stock price be in 2017?
18 brokers have issued 1 year target prices for United Rentals' shares. Their predictions range from $60.33 to $150.00. On average, they expect United Rentals' share price to reach $102.76 in the next year.
When will United Rentals announce their earnings?
United Rentals is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Tuesday, April, 18th 2017.
What are analysts saying about United Rentals stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about United Rentals stock:
According to Zacks Investment Research, "United Rentals, Inc. is one of North America's largest equipment rental companies with over branches in the majority of states, several Canadian provinces and Mexico. The company offers for rent different types of equipment to customers that include construction and industrial companies, manufacturers, utilities, municipalities, homeowners and others. " (2/2/2017)
- Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "With URI up 21% YTD (vs S&P500 +2.5%) investors could be forgiven for considering taking profits. However, following 16Q4 beat with improving macro and accretive NES Rentals acquisition: see more to go for in 2017. Including NES Rentals (from April 2017), we model 2017 $2.97B EBITDA & $9.19 EPS. Trading on appealing CY17 6.2x EV/EBITDA & 13.8x PE with supportive macro/improving energy & flexibility for further M&A/Buyback: Reaffirm Buy with increased $150 PT." (1/30/2017)
- Citigroup Inc. analysts commented, "URI announced plans to acquire NES Rentals, the #8 aerial rental company in terms of fleet size, for $965MM in cash, an attractive price in our view given URI's synergy track record. We see this as a strong signal in URI's confidence that the current emerging upcycle has years of runway ahead, and we suspect this may trigger further industry consolidation Initial 2017 EBITDA guidance is inline with our expectations, but our initial view calls for upside to this (separate from NES). FCF guidance is set at $700M, down from ~$1.2B in '16, largely on higher capex. We are raising our price target to $140 on pro forma upside from the deal and initial 2017 guidance. URI remains a Buy on improving rental market fundamentals, capital deployment catalysts and still neutral sentiment." (1/26/2017)
Who owns United Rentals stock?
United Rentals' stock is owned by a variety of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include State Street Corp (7.70%), FMR LLC (4.12%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (2.11%), Brown Advisory Inc. (0.79%), Appaloosa LP (0.78%) and Numeric Investors LLC (0.74%). Company insiders that own United Rentals stock include Brian Mcauley, Craig Adam Pintoff, Dale A Asplund, Donald C Roof, Filippo Passerini, Jason D Papastavrou, Jeffrey J Fenton, Jenne K Britell, Jessica Graziano, John S Mckinney, Jonathan Mark Gottsegen, Jose B Alvarez, Lawrence Keith Wimbush, Matthew John Flannery, Michael Kneeland and William B Plummer.
Who sold United Rentals stock? Who is selling United Rentals stock?
United Rentals' stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Brown Advisory Inc., FMR LLC, AMF Pensionsforsakring AB, Dimensional Fund Advisors LP, Renaissance Technologies LLC, State Street Corp, Credit Agricole S A and Billings Capital Management LLC. Company insiders that have sold United Rentals stock in the last year include Brian Mcauley, Craig Adam Pintoff, Dale A Asplund, Filippo Passerini, Jason D Papastavrou, Jeffrey J Fenton, Jenne K Britell, Jessica Graziano, John S Mckinney, Jose B Alvarez, Lawrence Keith Wimbush, Matthew John Flannery, Michael Kneeland and William B Plummer.
Who bought United Rentals stock? Who is buying United Rentals stock?
United Rentals' stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Appaloosa LP, Fred Alger Management Inc., Numeric Investors LLC, Putnam Investments LLC, Two Sigma Investments LP, Asset Management One Co. Ltd., Caxton Associates LP and Fiera Capital Corp. Company insiders that have bought United Rentals stock in the last two years include Donald C Roof, Jason D Papastavrou, Jenne K Britell and Jose B Alvarez.
How do I buy United Rentals stock?
Shares of United Rentals can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of United Rentals stock cost?
One share of United Rentals stock can currently be purchased for approximately $124.15.