About Wells Fargo & Co
Wells Fargo & Company is a bank holding company. The Company is a financial services company, which offers banking, insurance, trust and investments, mortgage banking, investment banking, retail banking, brokerage, and consumer and commercial finance. It has three operating segments: Community Banking, Wholesale Banking, and Wealth and Investment Management. Its Community Banking segment offers financial products and services for consumers and small businesses, including checking and savings accounts, credit and debit cards, and auto, student and small business lending. Its Wholesale Banking segment provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Its Wealth and Investment Management segment provides a range of personalized wealth management, investment, and retirement products and services to clients across the United States-based businesses. It operates through over 8,700 locations and approximately 13,000 automated teller machines.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Finance
- Industry: Money Center Banks
- Sub-Industry: Diversified Banks
- Exchange: NYSE
- Symbol: WFC
- CUSIP: 94974610
- Previous Close: $57.81
- 50 Day Moving Average: $56.23
- 200 Day Moving Average: $51.18
- 52-Week Range: $5,016,109,000.00 - $43.55
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 14.49
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 12.57
- P/E Growth: 1.87
- Market Cap: $289.98B
- Outstanding Shares: 5,016,109,000
- Beta: 0.98
- Net Margins: 23.30%
- Return on Equity: 12.60%
- Return on Assets: 1.17%
Companies Related to Wells Fargo & Co:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 1.45%
- Current Ratio: 0.92%
- Quick Ratio: 0.90%
What is Wells Fargo & Co's stock symbol?
Wells Fargo & Co trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "WFC."
How often does Wells Fargo & Co pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Wells Fargo & Co?
Wells Fargo & Co announced a quarterly dividend on Tuesday, January 24th. Stockholders of record on Friday, February 3rd will be given a dividend of $0.38 per share on Wednesday, March 1st. This represents a $1.52 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 2.63%. The ex-dividend date is Wednesday, February 1st.
Where is Wells Fargo & Co's stock going? Where will Wells Fargo & Co's stock price be in 2017?
32 analysts have issued 1-year target prices for Wells Fargo & Co's stock. Their predictions range from $43.00 to $65.00. On average, they expect Wells Fargo & Co's share price to reach $52.78 in the next year.
When will Wells Fargo & Co announce their earnings?
Wells Fargo & Co is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Thursday, April, 13th 2017.
What are analysts saying about Wells Fargo & Co stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Wells Fargo & Co stock:
- Credit Suisse Group analysts commented, "Our 2017 and 2018 estimates are $4.15 and 4.45 per share, respectively (consensus is at $4.19/4.58); base case estimate risk/sensitivity is driven by more or less movement in interest rates (we're assuming one 25bps rate hike in each of 2017 and 2018 with the 10-year Treasury hovering ~2.50%), commercial credit trends (later in the cycle), and capital markets conditions." (2/16/2017)
According to Zacks Investment Research, "Wells Fargo’s shares underperformed the Zacks categorized Regional Banks-Major industry over the last one year. Though troubles intensified following the bank’s $190-million settlement to resolve regulators’ claims of illegally opening millions of unauthorized accounts, the company’s fourth-quarter 2016 earnings outpaced the Zacks Consensus Estimate as well as the prior-year quarter’s earnings. Strong loans and deposit balances, along with elevated interest income aided the results. However, higher expenses and lower non-interest income remained a concern. While the current crisis at the company will take some time to alleviate, we believe that continued growth in loans and deposits and expansion moves should support its growth profile. Also, the company raised its prime lending rate to 3.75%, following Fed interest rate hike to 0.50%–0.75%, which is likely to alleviate margin pressure in the coming period." (2/6/2017)
- FBR & Co analysts commented, "Wells Fargo reported 4Q16 GAAP EPS of $0.96, missing FBR's estimate of $1.01 and the Street estimate of $1.00. Wells had a disappointing fourth quarter as a combination of hedging inefficiencies, low mortgage banking revenue, and losses from trading all weighed on earnings. The company estimates that its hedges on long-term debt alone cost it $0.07 on GAAP EPS this quarter. On a positive note, Wells displayed its ability to take full advantage of its asset sensitive balance sheet in a rising rate environment by tacking on 5 bps to NIM while net interest income rose 3.8% quarter over quarter. As far as the retail sales practice scandal goes, the company has taken on various initiatives to rebuild customer trust, which has shown signs of improvement, but is still nowhere near revitalized. Overall, this wasn't the best quarter for Wells as the scandal continued to cast a shadow on retail confidence and non-interest revenues looked sluggish. That said, we see tailwinds in the company's near future from interest rates and Washington policies, which should propel Wells forward. We maintain our Market Perform rating and price target of $55." (1/17/2017)
Who owns Wells Fargo & Co stock?
Wells Fargo & Co's stock is owned by a number of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include Barrow Hanley Mewhinney & Strauss LLC (0.71%), Davis Selected Advisers (0.53%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (0.48%), Prudential PLC (0.26%), AQR Capital Management LLC (0.19%) and Asset Management One Co. Ltd. (0.17%). Company insiders that own Wells Fargo & Co stock include Avid Modjtabai, David M Carroll, James H Quigley, James M Strother, Kevin A Rhein, Lloyd H Dean, Michael J Heid, Michael J Loughlin, Richard Levy and Timothy J Sloan.
Who sold Wells Fargo & Co stock? Who is selling Wells Fargo & Co stock?
Wells Fargo & Co's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Fiera Capital Corp, I.G. Investment Management LTD., Barrow Hanley Mewhinney & Strauss LLC, Dimensional Fund Advisors LP, Prudential PLC, Institutional Capital LLC, Aberdeen Asset Management PLC UK and Weitz Investment Management Inc.. Company insiders that have sold Wells Fargo & Co stock in the last year include Avid Modjtabai, David M Carroll, Lloyd H Dean and Timothy J Sloan.
Who bought Wells Fargo & Co stock? Who is buying Wells Fargo & Co stock?
Wells Fargo & Co's stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Asset Management One Co. Ltd., FIL Ltd, AQR Capital Management LLC, Equity Investment Corp Acquisition Inc, Empire Life Investments Inc., Fred Alger Management Inc., Elkfork Partners LLC and Alyeska Investment Group L.P..
How do I buy Wells Fargo & Co stock?
Shares of Wells Fargo & Co can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Wells Fargo & Co stock cost?
One share of Wells Fargo & Co stock can currently be purchased for approximately $57.81.