About AcelRx Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ACRX)
AcelRx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of therapies for the treatment of moderate-to-severe acute pain. The Company operates through the segment, which includes development and commercialization of product candidates for the treatment of pain. Its lead product candidates include ARX-04, Zalviso, which utilize sublingual sufentanil, delivered through a non-invasive route of administration, and ARX-03. ARX-04 is meant for the treatment of moderate-to-severe acute pain to be administered by a healthcare professional to a patient in medically supervised settings. Zalviso is meant for the management of moderate-to-severe acute pain in hospitalized adult patients. ARX-03 provides mild sedation, anxiety reduction and pain relief for patients undergoing painful procedures in a physician's office. It also includes ARX-02, which is meant for the treatment of patients who suffer from breakthrough pain (BTP) due to cancer.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Bio Therapeutic Drugs
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:ACRX
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.acelrx.com
- Market Cap: $91.89 million
- Outstanding Shares: 45,380,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $3.55
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $2.92
- 52 Week Range: $1.55 - $5.75
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -2.15
- P/E Growth: 0.000
- Annual Revenue: $15.57 million
- Price / Sales: 5.90
- Book Value: ($0.70) per share
- Price / Book: -2.91
- EBITDA: ($35,160,000.00)
- Net Margins: -319.19%
- Return on Assets: -53.35%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: -0.47%
- Current Ratio: 4.92%
- Quick Ratio: 4.81%
- Average Volume: 2.26 million shs.
- Beta: 3.04
- Short Ratio: 2.51
Frequently Asked Questions for AcelRx Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ACRX)
What is AcelRx Pharmaceuticals' stock symbol?
AcelRx Pharmaceuticals trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "ACRX."
How were AcelRx Pharmaceuticals' earnings last quarter?
AcelRx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:ACRX) issued its quarterly earnings data on Tuesday, August, 1st. The company reported ($0.29) earnings per share for the quarter, missing the Zacks' consensus estimate of ($0.28) by $0.01. The firm had revenue of $2.66 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $2.63 million. View AcelRx Pharmaceuticals' Earnings History.
When will AcelRx Pharmaceuticals make its next earnings announcement?
Where is AcelRx Pharmaceuticals' stock going? Where will AcelRx Pharmaceuticals' stock price be in 2017?
7 equities research analysts have issued twelve-month price targets for AcelRx Pharmaceuticals' shares. Their forecasts range from $2.00 to $14.00. On average, they anticipate AcelRx Pharmaceuticals' share price to reach $7.67 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for AcelRx Pharmaceuticals.
What are analysts saying about AcelRx Pharmaceuticals stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about AcelRx Pharmaceuticals stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "AcelRx Pharmaceuticals, Inc., is a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of therapies for the treatment of pain. The Company product candidates comprises: ARX-01 or the Sufentanil NanoTab PCA System; ARX-02 or the Sufentanil NanoTab BTP Management System; and ARX-03 or the Sufentanil/Triazolam NanoTab which are in their development stage. Its product ARX-01 is focused on acute post-operative pain, ARX-02 is focused on the treatment of cancer breakthrough pain and ARX-03 is focused on providing mild sedation, anxiety reduction, and pain relief to patients undergoing painful procedures in a physician's office. AcelRx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is headquartered in Redwood City, California. " (8/4/2017)
- 2. Stifel Nicolaus analysts commented, "Arc Logistics Partners LP reported 4Q16 Adjusted EBITDA of $13.9 million, below our estimate of $14.9 million, and distributable cash flow (DCF) of $11.0 million against our estimate of $11.1 million. Adjusted EBITDA came in below our estimates due to slightly lower revenues and higher operating expense on the quarter. Management provided an update on the ongoing Gulf LNG arbitration case and noted that the arbitration panel has heard the arguments and is in the process of rendering a decision. With that said, a timeline for a decision was not provided. On the call management highlighted their belief that the Gulf arbitration is acting as an overhang on ARCX units and expect a resolution to provide uplift to the partnership's valuation (assuming a positive outcome). Although we ultimately expect a favorable resolution for ARCX in the Gulf LNG arbitration, a full valuation and uncertainty over the outcome are keeping us on the sidelines. At this time we are maintaining our Hold rating." (3/14/2017)
- 3. Royal Bank Of Canada analysts commented, "ACRX reported 4Q results after the close where focus was primarily on the upcoming DSUVIA (ARX-04) launch, the expected AdCom meeting prior to approval, and progress with the Zalviso trial and the EU launch. We continue to view the story as on-track and make only minor adjustments to our model. We reiterate our Outperform rating and $6 PT." (3/3/2017)
Who are some of AcelRx Pharmaceuticals' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to AcelRx Pharmaceuticals include Sorrento Therapeutics (SRNE), Fate Therapeutics (FATE), Ovid Therapeutc (OVID), Recro Pharma (REPH), Vascular Biogenics (VBLT), Redhill Biopharma (RDHL), Synthetic Biologics (SYN), Conatus Pharmaceuticals (CNAT), Dimension Therapeutics (DMTX), XBiotech (XBIT), Adverum Biotechnologies (ADVM), Agile Therapeutics (AGRX), Verastem (VSTM), Cempra (CEMP), Summit Therapeutics PLC (SMMT), Immune Design Corp. (IMDZ), Cellular Biomedicine Group (CBMG) and Cidara Therapeutics (CDTX).
Who are AcelRx Pharmaceuticals' key executives?
AcelRx Pharmaceuticals' management team includes the folowing people:
- Adrian Adams, Independent Chairman of the Board
- Richard A. King, President
- Vincent J. Angotti, Chief Executive Officer
- Raffi M. Asadorian, Chief Financial Officer
- Pamela P. Palmer M.D. Ph.D., Chief Medical Officer, Director
- Badri N. Dasu, Chief Engineering Officer
- Lawrence G. Hamel, Chief Development Officer
- Jane Wright-Mitchell, Chief Legal Officer
- Richard F. Afable M.D., Director
- Howard B. Rosen, Director
How do I buy AcelRx Pharmaceuticals stock?
Shares of AcelRx Pharmaceuticals can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is AcelRx Pharmaceuticals' stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for AcelRx Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ ACRX)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about AcelRx Pharmaceuticals and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of AcelRx Pharmaceuticals stock can currently be purchased for approximately $2.03.
Consensus Ratings for AcelRx Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ACRX) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||3 Hold Ratings, 4 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.57)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$7.67 (278.60% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for AcelRx Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ACRX)
Analysts' Ratings History for AcelRx Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ACRX)
(Data available from 10/23/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|10/13/2017||Piper Jaffray Companies||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$2.00||N/A|
|10/13/2017||Royal Bank Of Canada||Lower Price Target||Outperform -> Outperform||$6.00 -> $5.00||N/A|
|10/13/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Downgrade||Buy -> Hold||N/A|
|10/12/2017||Roth Capital||Set Price Target||Buy||$8.00||N/A|
|10/3/2017||HC Wainwright||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$10.00||High|
|8/9/2017||Stifel Nicolaus||Upgrade||Hold -> Buy||High|
|8/1/2017||Cowen and Company||Reiterated Rating||Hold||High|
|5/6/2016||Seaport Global Securities||Upgrade||Accumulate -> Buy||N/A|
|4/14/2016||Janney Montgomery Scott||Initiated Coverage||Neutral||N/A|
Earnings History for AcelRx Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ACRX)Earnings History by Quarter for AcelRx Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ ACRX)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/1/2017||Q2 2017||($0.28)||($0.29)||$2.63 million||$2.66 million||View||Listen|
|5/8/2017||Q1 2017||($0.28)||($0.34)||$2.36 million||$3.11 million||View||Listen|
|3/2/2017||Q4 2016||($0.23)||($0.21)||$3.05 million||$6.44 million||View||Listen|
|11/1/2016||Q316||($0.23)||($0.25)||$2.89 million||$1.60 million||View||N/A|
|7/28/2016||Q216||($0.22)||($0.24)||$2.17 million||$4.53 million||View||Listen|
|3/7/2016||Q415||($0.10)||($0.24)||$4.97 million||$1.73 million||View||Listen|
|10/29/2015||Q315||($0.23)||$0.11||$1.75 million||$13.90 million||View||Listen|
|8/3/2015||Q215||($0.26)||($0.20)||$0.30 million||$1.92 million||View||Listen|
|5/4/2015||Q115||($0.28)||($0.27)||$0.40 million||$0.18 million||View||N/A|
|11/10/2014||Q4 2014||($0.33)||($0.32)||$4.95 million||$4.83 million||View||N/A|
|8/11/2014||Q214||($0.27)||($0.34)||$0.20 million||$0.07 million||View||N/A|
|5/8/2014||Q114||($0.23)||($0.22)||$0.28 million||$0.10 million||View||N/A|
|3/3/2014||Q413||($0.17)||($0.18)||$4.93 million||$27.60 million||View||N/A|
|8/12/2013||Q2 2013||($0.22)||($0.22)||$1.73 million||$0.41 million||View||Listen|
Earnings Estimates for AcelRx Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ACRX)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($0.91)
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for AcelRx Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ACRX)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for AcelRx Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ACRX)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 28.10%Insider Trades by Quarter for AcelRx Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ACRX)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 23.32%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|10/2/2017||Lawrence G Hamel||Insider||Sell||10,161||$5.29||$53,751.69|| |
|9/11/2017||Raffi Asadorian||CFO||Buy||7,000||$3.24||$22,680.00|| |
|8/24/2017||Mark G Edwards||Director||Buy||5,000||$3.02||$15,100.00|| |
|8/24/2017||Vincent J Angotti||CEO||Buy||15,000||$3.00||$45,000.00|| |
|8/22/2017||Pamela P. Palmer||Insider||Buy||10,000||$2.95||$29,500.00|| |
|6/19/2017||Life Sciences Maste Perceptive||Major Shareholder||Sell||875,000||$2.40||$2,100,000.00|| |
|9/29/2016||Perceptive Advisors Llc||Major Shareholder||Sell||216,500||$3.92||$848,680.00|| |
|9/15/2016||Perceptive Advisors Llc||Major Shareholder||Sell||392,850||$3.70||$1,453,545.00|| |
|5/13/2016||Howard B Rosen||CEO||Buy||10,206||$3.26||$33,271.56|| |
|5/12/2016||Mark G Edwards||Director||Buy||15,000||$3.15||$47,250.00|| |
|11/18/2015||Perceptive Advisors Llc||Major Shareholder||Sell||176,200||$5.35||$942,670.00|| |
|11/6/2015||Perceptive Advisors Llc||Major Shareholder||Sell||92,100||$4.59||$422,739.00|| |
|9/9/2015||Perceptive Advisors Llc||Major Shareholder||Sell||310,000||$4.18||$1,295,800.00|| |
|5/7/2015||Mark G Edwards||Director||Buy||40,000||$3.13||$125,200.00|| |
|3/10/2014||Mark Wan||Director||Sell||1,000,000||$12.35||$12,350,000.00|| |
|11/7/2013||Perceptive Advisors Llc||major shareholder||Buy||200,000||$6.51||$1,302,000.00|| |
|11/4/2013||Perceptive Advisors Llc||major shareholder||Buy||155,000||$6.87||$1,064,850.00|| |
|11/1/2013||Perceptive Advisors Llc||Major Shareholder||Buy||360,660||$6.91||$2,492,160.60|| |
|9/20/2013||Guy Nohra||Director||Sell||158,153||$10.59||$1,674,840.27|| |
|9/18/2013||Guy Nohra||Director||Sell||128,780||$10.42||$1,341,887.60|| |
|7/23/2013||Perceptive Advisors Llc||Major Shareholder||Buy||850,000||$11.65||$9,902,500.00|| |
|6/6/2013||Mark G Edwards||Director||Buy||10,000||$8.10||$81,000.00|| |
|5/28/2013||Adrian Adams||Director||Buy||75,000||$8.19||$614,250.00|| |
|12/7/2012||Mark A Wan||Director||Buy||2,416,918||$3.31||$7,999,998.58|| |
Headline Trends for AcelRx Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ACRX)
Latest Headlines for AcelRx Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ACRX)
Loading headlines, please wait.
AcelRx Pharmaceuticals (ACRX) Chart for Monday, October, 23, 2017