About AMC Networks
AMC Networks Inc. is a holding company, which conducts all of its operations through its subsidiaries. The Company owns and operates entertainment businesses and assets. The Company operates through two segments: National Networks, and International and Other. The National Networks segment principally includes activities of its programming businesses, which include its programming networks distributed in the United States and Canada. The International and Other segment principally includes AMC Networks International (AMCNI), the Company's international programming businesses consisting of a portfolio of channels in Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and parts of Asia and Africa; IFC Films, the Company's independent film distribution business; AMCNI- DMC, the broadcast solutions unit of certain networks of AMCNI and third-party networks, and various developing online content distribution initiatives.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Consumer Discretionary
- Industry: Entertainment - Diversified
- Sub-Industry: Cable & Satellite
- Exchange: NASDAQ
- Symbol: AMCX
- CUSIP: 00164V10
- Previous Close: $60.95
- 50 Day Moving Average: $56.58
- 200 Day Moving Average: $53.54
- 52-Week Range: $70,426,000.00 - $46.17
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 16.30
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 9.39
- P/E Growth: 1.14
- Market Cap: $4.29B
- Outstanding Shares: 70,426,000
- Beta: 1.01
- Net Margins: 12.80%
- Return on Equity: 408.71%
- Return on Assets: 8.18%
Companies Related to AMC Networks:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 19.26%
- Current Ratio: 1.99%
- Quick Ratio: 1.99%
What is AMC Networks' stock symbol?
AMC Networks trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "AMCX."
Where is AMC Networks' stock going? Where will AMC Networks' stock price be in 2017?
19 brokerages have issued 12 month target prices for AMC Networks' stock. Their forecasts range from $37.00 to $82.00. On average, they expect AMC Networks' stock price to reach $63.60 in the next year.
When will AMC Networks announce their earnings?
AMC Networks is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Wednesday, May, 3rd 2017.
What are analysts saying about AMC Networks stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about AMC Networks stock:
- Instinet analysts commented, "AMCX reported 4Q earnings of $1.30, above Street estimates, and we believe the 2017 outlook could reassure investors, particularly given expectations for modest YoY affiliate growth acceleration... We came away from the earnings call encouraged by AMCX's content pipeline, its financial, outlook and its strengthening balance sheet. We increase our 2017 EPS estimates to $5.98 from $5.95, given commentary around ad trends, affiliate trajectory and margins." (2/24/2017)
- Guggenheim analysts commented, "We remain positive on the company's original programming strategy and slate, which we believe will produce at least 121 scripted original episodes on AMC in 2017, up from 110 in 2016. New series include The Terror, The Son, Loaded, as well as the return of Humans and Into the Badlands. In 2016, AMC Studios produced 10 whollyowned scripted series and we expect that momentum to continue into 2017. The benefit of this strategy can be directly seen in the growth of other revenue at U.S. Networks which we estimate was up 37% and 76% for 2016 and 4Q16, respectively. We estimate other revenue growth of 12% in 2017. We are maintaining our BUY rating and raising our price target from $66 to $70 (based on 11x our 2017 EPS estimate of $6.24). Our multiple is 11x, up from our prior 10x, maintaining a ~66% discount to the S&P500, which reflects ongoing concern around the company's key Walking Dead franchise. We continue to believe that the market value under-appreciates the company's ability to develop and monetize compelling programming." (2/24/2017)
- Stifel Nicolaus analysts commented, "Following the 4Q16 earnings call, we are upgrading AMC Networks from a Hold to a Buy and establishing a target price of $70. The upgrade comes after better than expected advertising in the quarter despite materially down Walking Dead ratings indicating considerable ad monetization outside of that window and the continued attractiveness of the show in a fragmented market. We raise our estimates and view guidance as conservative. We are Buy rated." (2/24/2017)
According to Zacks Investment Research, "AMC Networks Inc. is engaged in producing programming and movie content. It owns and operates various cable televisions. Its programming networks include AMC, IFC, Sundance Channel, WE tv, and IFC films. The AMC is a television network which focuses on the original programming and movie-based entertainment. IFC creates long and short-form content inspired by music, web, gaming, animation, news, and culture. The Sundance Channel is the television destination for independent-minded viewers. The WE tv is the women's network specially devoted to the relationships during life's defining moments. The IFC films consist of multiple brands that bring specialty films to the largest possible audience. AMC Networks Inc. is headquartered in New York, New York. " (2/23/2017)
Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "Comments made by AMCX management earlier today indicate that 4Q domestic advertising growth is trending below expectations largely due to weaker ratings. We are lowering our 4Q ad growth estimate to +1% (from +6%), resulting in full year growth of 4% (in line with mgmt commentary). Erosion of ratings for returning shows across the broader TV universe remain an issue. Ratings Delivery Impacting Ad Growth. Management highlighted that the company now expects ad growth of 4% for 2016, down from the original expectation of +5.5%. This implies ad growth in the 4th quarter of ~1%, below the original 4Q guide of +6%." (12/7/2016)
Who owns AMC Networks stock?
AMC Networks' stock is owned by many different of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include
DOLAN CHARLES F
(9.80%), Thompson Siegel & Walmsley LLC (3.46%), FMR LLC (2.70%), State Street Corp (2.16%), Gamco Investors INC. ET AL (1.68%) and Investec Asset Management LTD (1.31%). Company insiders that own AMC Networks stock include Brian Sweeney, Edward A Carroll, James Gallagher, James Lawrence Dolan, John P Giraldo and Marianne Dolan Weber.
Who sold AMC Networks stock? Who is selling AMC Networks stock?
AMC Networks' stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including FMR LLC, Allianz Asset Management AG, Marshall Wace LLP, Renaissance Technologies LLC, Guggenheim Capital LLC, Gamco Investors INC. ET AL, State Street Corp and Pinnacle Associates Ltd..
Who bought AMC Networks stock? Who is buying AMC Networks stock?
AMC Networks' stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Thompson Siegel & Walmsley LLC, Horizon Kinetics LLC, Russell Investments Group Ltd., Two Sigma Investments LP, GLG Partners LP, Martingale Asset Management L P, Numeric Investors LLC and Capstone Investment Advisors LLC.
How do I buy AMC Networks stock?
Shares of AMC Networks can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of AMC Networks stock cost?
One share of AMC Networks stock can currently be purchased for approximately $60.95.