AMC Networks Inc. is a holding company, which conducts all of its operations through its subsidiaries. The Company owns and operates entertainment businesses and assets. It operates through two segments: National Networks, and International and Other. National Networks includes activities of its programming businesses, which include its programming networks distributed in the United States and Canada. The International and Other segment includes AMC Networks International (AMCNI), the Company's international programming businesses consisting of a portfolio of channels in Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and parts of Asia and Africa; IFC Films, the Company's independent film distribution business; AMCNI- DMC, the broadcast solutions unit of certain networks of AMCNI and third-party networks, and various developing online content distribution initiatives. National Networks' programming networks include AMC, WE tv, BBC AMERICA and SundanceTV.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Consumer Discretionary
- Industry: Television Broadcasting
- Sub-Industry: Cable & Satellite
- Symbol: NASDAQ:AMCX
- CUSIP: 00164V10
- Web: www.amcnetworks.com
- Market Cap: $3.59136 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 66,593,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $54.41
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $56.15
- 52 Week Range: $46.17 - $67.61
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 13.13
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 7.85
- P/E Growth: 0.86
- Annual Revenue: $2.77 billion
- Price / Sales: 1.30
- Book Value: $0.47 per share
- Price / Book: 114.96
- EBIDTA: $845.29 million
- Net Margins: 10.59%
- Return on Equity: 502.40%
- Return on Assets: 8.63%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 43.16%
- Current Ratio: 1.71%
- Quick Ratio: 1.71%
- Average Volume: 698,534 shs.
- Beta: 0.96
- Short Ratio: 6.1
Frequently Asked Questions for AMC Networks (NASDAQ:AMCX)
What is AMC Networks' stock symbol?
AMC Networks trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "AMCX."
How will AMC Networks' stock buyback program work?
AMC Networks announced that its board has approved a share repurchase program on Thursday, June 8th 2017, which allows the company to buyback $500,000,000.00 in shares, according to EventVestor. This buyback authorization allows the company to reacquire up to 13.9% of its shares through open market purchases. Shares buyback programs are often a sign that the company's board believes its shares are undervalued.
How were AMC Networks' earnings last quarter?
AMC Networks Inc. (NASDAQ:AMCX) issued its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, May, 4th. The company reported $2.10 earnings per share for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of $2.00 by $0.10. The company had revenue of $720.19 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $720.15 million. AMC Networks had a net margin of 10.59% and a return on equity of 502.40%. The firm's revenue for the quarter was up 1.9% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter last year, the company posted $2.09 EPS. View AMC Networks' Earnings History.
When will AMC Networks make its next earnings announcement?
Where is AMC Networks' stock going? Where will AMC Networks' stock price be in 2017?
15 brokerages have issued 1 year target prices for AMC Networks' shares. Their predictions range from $37.00 to $73.00. On average, they expect AMC Networks' share price to reach $60.18 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for AMC Networks.
What are analysts saying about AMC Networks stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about AMC Networks stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "AMC Networks Inc. is engaged in producing programming and movie content. It owns and operates various cable televisions. Its programming networks include AMC, IFC, Sundance Channel, WE tv, and IFC films. The AMC is a television network which focuses on the original programming and movie-based entertainment. IFC creates long and short-form content inspired by music, web, gaming, animation, news, and culture. The Sundance Channel is the television destination for independent-minded viewers. The WE tv is the women's network specially devoted to the relationships during life's defining moments. The IFC films consist of multiple brands that bring specialty films to the largest possible audience. AMC Networks Inc. is headquartered in New York, New York. " (4/25/2017)
- 2. Guggenheim analysts commented, "Several press outlets reported that AMC Networks is planning an ad-free online streaming service that will be exclusively available to authenticated pay-TV subscribers. To date, the company has not confirmed the reports, though we consider the product launch to be likely. The service, which according to the press articles is expected to price between $4.99 and $6.99 monthly, would likely provide enhancements to the traditional linear offering including exclusive full in-season ondemand program availability, additional program content beyond what is possible on ad-supported linear TV, and the elimination of commercial interruptions. For comparison, we estimate that AMCX currently earns an average of $0.83 per subscriber per month in its traditional distribution arrangements... We are maintaining our BUY rating and our $70 price target, which is based on 11x our 2017 EPS estimate of $6.25 (up from our prior $6.24). Our target multiple is a 40% discount to the S&P 500 and a 33% discount to large-cap media peers, which reflects our expectation of ongoing concern around the maturity of The Walking Dead franchise. We continue to believe that the market value under-appreciates the company's ability to develop and monetize compelling programming, supporting our BUY rating." (3/28/2017)
- 3. Instinet analysts commented, "AMCX reported 4Q earnings of $1.30, above Street estimates, and we believe the 2017 outlook could reassure investors, particularly given expectations for modest YoY affiliate growth acceleration... We came away from the earnings call encouraged by AMCX's content pipeline, its financial, outlook and its strengthening balance sheet. We increase our 2017 EPS estimates to $5.98 from $5.95, given commentary around ad trends, affiliate trajectory and margins." (2/24/2017)
Who are some of AMC Networks' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to AMC Networks include Live Nation Entertainment (LYV), Mattel (MAT), Gildan Activewear (GIL), Leggett & Platt, Incorporated (LEG), Liberty Media Corporation (FWONA), Man Wah Holdings Ltd (MAWHY), UbiSoft Entertainment (UBSFY), H&R Block (HRB), SJM Holdings (SJMHF), Ralph Lauren Corporation (RL), China Lodging Group, Limited (HTHT), Polaris Industries (PII), Brunswick Corporation (BC), Michael Kors Holdings Limited (KORS), Six Flags Entertainment Corporation New (SIX), News Corporation (NWSA), HUGO BOSS (BOSSY) and Dolby Laboratories (DLB).
Who are AMC Networks' key executives?
AMC Networks' management team includes the folowing people:
- Charles F. Dolan, Executive Chairman of the Board
- Joshua W. Sapan, President, Chief Executive Officer
- Sean S. Sullivan, Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice President
- Edward A. Carroll, Chief Operating Officer
- Christian B. Wymbs, Executive Vice President, Chief Accounting Officer
- James G. Gallagher, Executive Vice President, General Counsel
- William J. Bell, Director
- James L. Dolan, Director
- Kristin A. Dolan, Director
- Patrick F. Dolan, Director
Who owns AMC Networks stock?
AMC Networks' stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include Clearbridge Investments LLC (12.90%), BlackRock Inc. (0.00%), Vanguard Group Inc. (0.00%), Shapiro Capital Management LLC (0.00%), Jennison Associates LLC (2.39%) and State Street Corp (2.28%). Company insiders that own AMC Networks stock include James Gallagher, James Lawrence Dolan and Marianne Dolan Weber. View Institutional Ownership Trends for AMC Networks.
Who sold AMC Networks stock? Who is selling AMC Networks stock?
AMC Networks' stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Alliancebernstein L.P., FMR LLC, GMT Capital Corp, Westwood Holdings Group Inc., Renaissance Technologies LLC, Gotham Asset Management LLC, Cornerstone Capital Management Holdings LLC. and Schwab Charles Investment Management Inc.. View Insider Buying and Selling for AMC Networks.
Who bought AMC Networks stock? Who is buying AMC Networks stock?
AMC Networks' stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including BlackRock Inc., Omega Advisors Inc., Los Angeles Capital Management & Equity Research Inc., Morgan Stanley, LSV Asset Management, Hancock Holding Co., Jennison Associates LLC and Lazard Asset Management LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for AMC Networks.
How do I buy AMC Networks stock?
Shares of AMC Networks can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is AMC Networks' stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for AMC Networks (NASDAQ AMCX)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about AMC Networks and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of AMC Networks stock can currently be purchased for approximately $54.03.
Consensus Ratings for AMC Networks (NASDAQ:AMCX) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||1 Sell Rating, 7 Hold Ratings, 7 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Hold (Score: 2.40)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$60.18 (11.39% upside)|
Analysts' Ratings History for AMC Networks (NASDAQ:AMCX)
(Data available from 6/27/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|6/9/2017||Moffett Nathanson||Reiterated Rating||Sell||High|
|5/8/2017||Deutsche Bank AG||Lower Price Target||Hold||$65.00 -> $61.00||Low|
|4/10/2017||Piper Jaffray Companies||Downgrade||Overweight -> Neutral||Medium|
|2/27/2017||Loop Capital||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$56.00||N/A|
|2/24/2017||Instinet||Boost Price Target||Positive||$63.00 -> $65.00||N/A|
|2/24/2017||Stifel Nicolaus||Upgrade||Hold -> Buy||$56.00 -> $70.00||N/A|
|2/24/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$57.00||N/A|
|1/11/2017||Albert Fried & Company||Reiterated Rating||Hold||N/A|
|11/4/2016||Pacific Crest||Reiterated Rating||Hold -> Neutral||N/A|
|10/6/2016||FBR & Co||Initiated Coverage||Outperform||N/A|
|10/6/2016||FBN Securities||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||N/A|
|9/22/2016||Nomura||Lower Price Target||Buy||$70.00 -> $63.00||N/A|
|8/5/2016||Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The)||Lower Price Target||Buy||$84.00 -> $73.00||N/A|
|8/5/2016||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Lower Price Target||Neutral||$66.00 -> $62.00||N/A|
|6/22/2016||Morgan Stanley||Downgrade||Overweight -> Equal Weight||$78.00 -> $65.00||N/A|
|6/17/2016||Sanford C. Bernstein||Reiterated Rating||Market Perform||N/A|
|4/26/2016||Macquarie||Upgrade||Neutral -> Outperform||$82.00||N/A|
|3/30/2016||Topeka Capital Markets||Lower Price Target||Hold||$71.00 -> $69.00||N/A|
|3/2/2016||Cowen and Company||Lower Price Target||Market Perform||$72.00 -> $69.00||N/A|
|9/24/2015||Evercore ISI||Upgrade||Hold -> Buy||$75.00 -> $90.00||N/A|
Earnings History for AMC Networks (NASDAQ:AMCX)Earnings History by Quarter for AMC Networks (NASDAQ AMCX)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/2/2017|| || || || || || || || |
|5/4/2017||Q1 2017||$2.00||$2.10||$720.15 million||$720.19 million||View||Listen|
|2/23/2017||Q416||$1.26||$1.30||$709.83 million||$729.60 million||View||N/A|
|11/3/2016||Q316||$1.02||$1.01||$660.58 million||$634.60 million||View||N/A|
|8/4/2016||Q216||$1.28||$1.28||$676.87 million||$685.00 million||View||Listen|
|5/5/2016||Q116||$1.79||$1.99||$695.47 million||$707.00 million||View||N/A|
|2/25/2016||Q415||$1.18||$1.31||$675.02 million||$678.95 million||View||Listen|
|11/5/2015||Q315||$0.87||$1.09||$604.81 million||$605.05 million||View||N/A|
|8/6/2015||Q215||$0.97||$1.23||$592.97 million||$601.00 million||View||N/A|
|5/4/2015||Q115||$1.48||$1.66||$655.66 million||$668.68 million||View||N/A|
|2/26/2015||Q414||$1.03||$1.15||$602.42 million||$609.44 million||View||N/A|
|11/6/2014||Q314||$0.75||$0.74||$511.06 million||$519.60 million||View||Listen|
|8/7/2014||Q214||$0.87||$0.90||$514.30 million||$522.10 million||View||N/A|
|5/8/2014||Q114||$1.16||$1.04||$507.53 million||$525.00 million||View||Listen|
|2/27/2014||Q4||$0.77||$0.49||$418.90 million||$435.00 million||View||Listen|
|11/7/2013||Q313||$0.85||$0.81||$393.40 million||$395.30 million||View||N/A|
|8/8/2013||Q2 2013||$0.78||$1.87||$368.08 million||$379.30 million||View||N/A|
|5/9/2013||Q1 2013||$0.80||$0.85||$365.98 million||$382.00 million||View||N/A|
|2/26/2013||Q4 2012||$0.63||$0.21||$370.03 million||$367.70 million||View||N/A|
|11/8/2012||Q312||$0.36||$0.51||$292.08 million||$332.10 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for AMC Networks (NASDAQ:AMCX)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $6.23
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $7.34
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for AMC Networks (NASDAQ:AMCX)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for AMC Networks (NASDAQ:AMCX)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 17.67%Insider Trades by Quarter for AMC Networks (NASDAQ:AMCX)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 81.66%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|3/20/2017||James Gallagher||EVP||Sell||4,000||$58.75||$235,000.00|| |
|3/8/2016||James Lawrence Dolan||Insider||Sell||65,000||$66.89||$4,347,850.00|| |
|11/11/2015||Marianne Dolan Weber||insider||Sell||1,000||$78.28||$78,280.00|| |
|5/22/2015||James Gallagher||EVP||Sell||1,000||$77.49||$77,490.00|| |
|5/6/2015||Edward A Carroll||COO||Sell||8,250||$79.20||$653,400.00|| |
|3/26/2015||Brian Sweeney||Director||Sell||1,875||$73.59||$137,981.25|| |
|3/17/2015||John P Giraldo||CAO||Sell||3,976||$72.18||$286,987.68|| |
|5/28/2014||Patrick Francis Dolan||Insider||Sell||2,886||$61.55||$177,633.30|| |
|3/11/2014||James Gallagher||EVP||Sell||3,000||$76.46||$229,380.00|| |
|8/16/2013||Edward Carroll||COO||Sell||7,170||$65.01||$466,121.70|| |
|8/14/2013||William Bell||Director||Sell||5,000||$67.38||$336,900.00|| |
|6/17/2013||Patrick Francis Dolan||Insider||Sell||300,000||$62.50||$18,750,000.00|| |
|5/29/2013||Joshua W Sapan||CEO||Sell||93,950||$66.95||$6,289,952.50|| |
|10/2/2012||Luxor Capital Group, Lp||Major Shareholder||Sell||875,000||$42.75||$37,406,250.00|| |
Headline Trends for AMC Networks (NASDAQ:AMCX)
Latest Headlines for AMC Networks (NASDAQ:AMCX)
AMC Networks (AMCX) Chart for Tuesday, June, 27, 2017