About AMC Networks (NASDAQ:AMCX)
AMC Networks Inc. is a holding company, which conducts all of its operations through its subsidiaries. The Company owns and operates entertainment businesses and assets. It operates through two segments: National Networks, and International and Other. National Networks includes activities of its programming businesses, which include its programming networks distributed in the United States and Canada. The International and Other segment includes AMC Networks International (AMCNI), the Company's international programming businesses consisting of a portfolio of channels in Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and parts of Asia and Africa; IFC Films, the Company's independent film distribution business; AMCNI- DMC, the broadcast solutions unit of certain networks of AMCNI and third-party networks, and various developing online content distribution initiatives. National Networks' programming networks include AMC, WE tv, BBC AMERICA and SundanceTV.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Television Broadcasting
Sub-IndustryCable & Satellite
Trailing P/E Ratio10.2544580955781
Forward P/E Ratio7.34
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$2.76 billion
Price / Sales1.17
Cash Flow$20.47 per share
Price / Cash2.54
Book Value($0.02) per share
Price / Book-2,599.50
Net Income$270.51 million
Return on Equity948.45%
Return on Assets10.28%
AMC Networks (NASDAQ:AMCX) Frequently Asked Questions
What is AMC Networks' stock symbol?
AMC Networks trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "AMCX."
How will AMC Networks' stock buyback program work?
AMC Networks declared that its board has authorized a stock repurchase plan on Thursday, June 8th 2017, which permits the company to repurchase $500,000,000.00 in outstanding shares, according to EventVestor. This repurchase authorization permits the company to buy up to 13.9% of its stock through open market purchases. Stock repurchase plans are typically an indication that the company's board of directors believes its stock is undervalued.
How were AMC Networks' earnings last quarter?
AMC Networks Inc (NASDAQ:AMCX) released its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, November, 2nd. The company reported $1.68 EPS for the quarter, topping the Zacks' consensus estimate of $1.15 by $0.53. The firm had revenue of $648 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $660.79 million. AMC Networks had a return on equity of 948.45% and a net margin of 12.12%. The company's quarterly revenue was up 2.1% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the previous year, the company earned $1.11 earnings per share. View AMC Networks' Earnings History.
When will AMC Networks make its next earnings announcement?
Where is AMC Networks' stock going? Where will AMC Networks' stock price be in 2018?
13 analysts have issued 12-month price objectives for AMC Networks' stock. Their predictions range from $55.00 to $72.00. On average, they expect AMC Networks' share price to reach $62.55 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for AMC Networks.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about AMC Networks stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about AMC Networks stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "AMC Networks Inc. is engaged in producing programming and movie content. It owns and operates various cable televisions. Its programming networks include AMC, IFC, Sundance Channel, WE tv, and IFC films. The AMC is a television network which focuses on the original programming and movie-based entertainment. IFC creates long and short-form content inspired by music, web, gaming, animation, news, and culture. The Sundance Channel is the television destination for independent-minded viewers. The WE tv is the women's network specially devoted to the relationships during life's defining moments. The IFC films consist of multiple brands that bring specialty films to the largest possible audience. AMC Networks Inc. is headquartered in New York, New York. " (1/19/2018)
- 2. Guggenheim analysts commented, "Several press outlets reported that AMC Networks is planning an ad-free online streaming service that will be exclusively available to authenticated pay-TV subscribers. To date, the company has not confirmed the reports, though we consider the product launch to be likely. The service, which according to the press articles is expected to price between $4.99 and $6.99 monthly, would likely provide enhancements to the traditional linear offering including exclusive full in-season ondemand program availability, additional program content beyond what is possible on ad-supported linear TV, and the elimination of commercial interruptions. For comparison, we estimate that AMCX currently earns an average of $0.83 per subscriber per month in its traditional distribution arrangements... We are maintaining our BUY rating and our $70 price target, which is based on 11x our 2017 EPS estimate of $6.25 (up from our prior $6.24). Our target multiple is a 40% discount to the S&P 500 and a 33% discount to large-cap media peers, which reflects our expectation of ongoing concern around the maturity of The Walking Dead franchise. We continue to believe that the market value under-appreciates the company's ability to develop and monetize compelling programming, supporting our BUY rating." (3/28/2017)
- 3. Instinet analysts commented, "AMCX reported 4Q earnings of $1.30, above Street estimates, and we believe the 2017 outlook could reassure investors, particularly given expectations for modest YoY affiliate growth acceleration... We came away from the earnings call encouraged by AMCX's content pipeline, its financial, outlook and its strengthening balance sheet. We increase our 2017 EPS estimates to $5.98 from $5.95, given commentary around ad trends, affiliate trajectory and margins." (2/24/2017)
- 4. Stifel Nicolaus analysts commented, "Following the 4Q16 earnings call, we are upgrading AMC Networks from a Hold to a Buy and establishing a target price of $70. The upgrade comes after better than expected advertising in the quarter despite materially down Walking Dead ratings indicating considerable ad monetization outside of that window and the continued attractiveness of the show in a fragmented market. We raise our estimates and view guidance as conservative. We are Buy rated." (2/24/2017)
Who are some of AMC Networks' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to AMC Networks include Hugo Boss (BOSSY), B & M EUROPEAN VAL (BMRRY), Leggett & Platt (LEG), Carter's (CRI), Pool (POOL), SJM (SJMHF), H & R Block (HRB), Madison Square Garden (MSG), International Game Technology (IGT), Columbia Sportswear (COLM), Merlin Entertainme (MERLY), Brunswick (BC), Grand Canyon Education (LOPE), Mediaset (MDIUY), Ladbrokes Coral Group (LDCOY), Hilton Grand Vacations (HGV), Roku (ROKU) and Metro (MTTRY).
Who are AMC Networks' key executives?
AMC Networks' management team includes the folowing people:
- Charles F. Dolan, Executive Chairman of the Board (Age 91)
- Joshua W. Sapan, President, Chief Executive Officer (Age 66)
- Sean S. Sullivan, Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice President (Age 50)
- Edward A. Carroll, Chief Operating Officer (Age 53)
- Christian B. Wymbs, Executive Vice President, Chief Accounting Officer (Age 47)
- James G. Gallagher, Executive Vice President, General Counsel (Age 58)
- William J. Bell, Director (Age 77)
- James L. Dolan, Director (Age 62)
- Kristin A. Dolan, Director (Age 51)
- Patrick F. Dolan, Director (Age 65)
Who owns AMC Networks stock?
AMC Networks' stock is owned by a variety of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include Clearbridge Investments LLC (13.13%),
DOLAN CHARLES F
(11.30%), Investec Asset Management LTD (2.92%), LSV Asset Management (2.59%), Schroder Investment Management Group (1.96%) and Jennison Associates LLC (1.87%). Company insiders that own AMC Networks stock include James Gallagher and James Lawrence Dolan. View Institutional Ownership Trends for AMC Networks.
Who sold AMC Networks stock? Who is selling AMC Networks stock?
AMC Networks' stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Deutsche Bank AG, American Century Companies Inc., Clearbridge Investments LLC, Alliancebernstein L.P., Millennium Management LLC, First Quadrant L P CA, Martingale Asset Management L P and Fort L.P.. View Insider Buying and Selling for AMC Networks.
Who bought AMC Networks stock? Who is buying AMC Networks stock?
AMC Networks' stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Schroder Investment Management Group, Boston Partners, LSV Asset Management, River Road Asset Management LLC, TIAA CREF Investment Management LLC, Lazard Asset Management LLC, Schwab Charles Investment Management Inc. and Chicago Equity Partners LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for AMC Networks.
How do I buy AMC Networks stock?
Shares of AMC Networks can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is AMC Networks' stock price today?
One share of AMC Networks stock can currently be purchased for approximately $51.99.
How big of a company is AMC Networks?
AMC Networks has a market capitalization of $3.18 billion and generates $2.76 billion in revenue each year. The company earns $270.51 million in net income (profit) each year or $5.07 on an earnings per share basis. AMC Networks employs 2,343 workers across the globe.
How can I contact AMC Networks?
AMC Networks' mailing address is 11 PENN PLAZA, NEW YORK NY, 10001. The company can be reached via phone at 212-324-8500 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for AMC Networks (AMCX)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about AMC Networks and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
AMC Networks (NASDAQ:AMCX) Analysts' Consensus Rating (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus analyst ratings for company stocks using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Analyst consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings from Wall Street analysts. Each stock's consensus analyst rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Today||30 Days Ago||90 Days Ago||180 Days Ago|
|Consensus Rating: ||Hold||Hold||Hold||Hold|
|Consensus Rating Score: ||2.23||2.15||2.15||2.38|
|Ratings Breakdown: ||0 Sell Rating(s)|
10 Hold Rating(s)
3 Buy Rating(s)
0 Strong Buy Rating(s)
|1 Sell Rating(s)|
9 Hold Rating(s)
3 Buy Rating(s)
0 Strong Buy Rating(s)
|1 Sell Rating(s)|
9 Hold Rating(s)
3 Buy Rating(s)
0 Strong Buy Rating(s)
|1 Sell Rating(s)|
6 Hold Rating(s)
6 Buy Rating(s)
0 Strong Buy Rating(s)
|Consensus Price Target: ||$62.55||$61.45||$60.36||$59.44|
|Price Target Upside: ||18.95% upside||13.64% upside||25.19% upside||4.52% downside|
AMC Networks (NASDAQ:AMCX) Consensus Price Target History
AMC Networks (NASDAQ:AMCX) Analyst Ratings History
(Data available from 2/24/2016 forward)
AMC Networks (NASDAQ:AMCX) Earnings History and Estimates Chart
AMC Networks (NASDAQ AMCX) Earnings History by Quarter
(Earnings results data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|11/2/2017||Q3 2017||$1.15||$1.68||$660.79 million||$648.00 million||View||N/A|
|8/3/2017||Q2 2017||$1.41||$1.88||$715.23 million||$710.55 million||View||Listen|
|5/4/2017||Q1 2017||$2.00||$2.10||$720.15 million||$720.19 million||View||Listen|
|2/23/2017||Q416||$1.26||$1.30||$709.83 million||$729.60 million||View||N/A|
|11/3/2016||Q316||$1.02||$1.01||$660.58 million||$634.60 million||View||N/A|
|8/4/2016||Q216||$1.28||$1.28||$676.87 million||$685.00 million||View||Listen|
|5/5/2016||Q116||$1.79||$1.99||$695.47 million||$707.00 million||View||N/A|
|2/25/2016||Q415||$1.18||$1.31||$675.02 million||$678.95 million||View||Listen|
|11/5/2015||Q315||$0.87||$1.09||$604.81 million||$605.05 million||View||N/A|
|8/6/2015||Q215||$0.97||$1.23||$592.97 million||$601.00 million||View||N/A|
|5/4/2015||Q115||$1.48||$1.66||$655.66 million||$668.68 million||View||N/A|
|2/26/2015||Q414||$1.03||$1.15||$602.42 million||$609.44 million||View||N/A|
|11/6/2014||Q314||$0.75||$0.74||$511.06 million||$519.60 million||View||Listen|
|8/7/2014||Q214||$0.87||$0.90||$514.30 million||$522.10 million||View||N/A|
|5/8/2014||Q114||$1.16||$1.04||$507.53 million||$525.00 million||View||Listen|
|2/27/2014||Q4||$0.77||$0.49||$418.90 million||$435.00 million||View||Listen|
|11/7/2013||Q313||$0.85||$0.81||$393.40 million||$395.30 million||View||N/A|
|8/8/2013||Q2 2013||$0.78||$1.87||$368.08 million||$379.30 million||View||N/A|
|5/9/2013||Q1 2013||$0.80||$0.85||$365.98 million||$382.00 million||View||N/A|
|2/26/2013||Q4 2012||$0.63||$0.21||$370.03 million||$367.70 million||View||N/A|
|11/8/2012||Q312||$0.36||$0.51||$292.08 million||$332.10 million||View||N/A|
AMC Networks (NASDAQ:AMCX) Earnings Estimates
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $6.70
(Earnings estimates data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for AMC Networks (NASDAQ:AMCX)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
AMC Networks (NASDAQ AMCX) Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History
Insider Ownership Percentage: 17.67%
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 89.04%
AMC Networks (NASDAQ AMCX) Insider Trades by Quarter
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Shares Held After Transaction||Details|
|3/20/2017||James Gallagher||EVP||Sell||4,000||$58.75||$235,000.00||12,260|| |
|3/8/2016||James Lawrence Dolan||Insider||Sell||65,000||$66.89||$4,347,850.00|| |
|11/11/2015||Marianne Dolan Weber||insider||Sell||1,000||$78.28||$78,280.00||810|| |
|5/22/2015||James Gallagher||EVP||Sell||1,000||$77.49||$77,490.00|| |
|5/6/2015||Edward A Carroll||COO||Sell||8,250||$79.20||$653,400.00|| |
|3/26/2015||Brian Sweeney||Director||Sell||1,875||$73.59||$137,981.25|| |
|3/17/2015||John P Giraldo||CAO||Sell||3,976||$72.18||$286,987.68|| |
|5/28/2014||Patrick Francis Dolan||Insider||Sell||2,886||$61.55||$177,633.30|| |
|3/11/2014||James Gallagher||EVP||Sell||3,000||$76.46||$229,380.00||4,914|| |
|8/16/2013||Edward Carroll||COO||Sell||7,170||$65.01||$466,121.70||16,901|| |
|8/14/2013||William Bell||Director||Sell||5,000||$67.38||$336,900.00|| |
|6/17/2013||Patrick Francis Dolan||Insider||Sell||300,000||$62.50||$18,750,000.00|| |
|5/29/2013||Joshua W Sapan||CEO||Sell||93,950||$66.95||$6,289,952.50|| |
|10/2/2012||Luxor Capital Group, Lp||Major Shareholder||Sell||875,000||$42.75||$37,406,250.00|| |
AMC Networks (NASDAQ AMCX) News Headlines
AMC Networks (NASDAQ:AMCX) SEC Filings
This page is loading this company's SEC Filings. Please wait...
AMC Networks (NASDAQ:AMCX) Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement
AMC Networks (NASDAQ AMCX) Stock Chart for Saturday, February, 24, 2018