About Ascendis Pharma A/S (NASDAQ:ASND)
Ascendis Pharma A/S is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company. The Company is engaged in applying its TransCon technology to develop sustained release prodrug therapies with several product candidates in clinical and preclinical development. The Company is developing its product candidate, TransCon human growth hormone (TransCon hGH) for once-weekly administration to treat growth hormone deficiency (GHD) and other indications. In addition to TransCon hGH, the Company has developed a pipeline of long-acting prodrug product candidates, such as TransCon Treprostinil for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH), TransCon Peptides for the treatment of diabetes and TransCon Ranibizumab for the treatment of ophthalmology. It is also using its TransCon technology platform to develop TransCon Parathyroid Hormone (TransCon PTH) for hypoparathyroidism, a rare endocrine disorder of calcium and phosphate metabolism.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Bio Therapeutic Drugs
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:ASND
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.ascendispharma.com
- Market Cap: $1.27536 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 32,502,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $33.79
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $33.79
- 52 Week Range: $17.15 - $42.00
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -11.54
- P/E Growth: -0.34
- Annual Revenue: $3.64 million
- Price / Sales: 313.14
- Book Value: $4.68 per share
- Price / Book: 7.49
- EBITDA: ($105,450,000.00)
- Net Margins: -2,977.70%
- Return on Equity: -67.76%
- Return on Assets: -60.93%
- Current Ratio: 8.54%
- Quick Ratio: 8.54%
- Average Volume: 295,913 shs.
- Beta: 0.71
Frequently Asked Questions for Ascendis Pharma A/S (NASDAQ:ASND)
What is Ascendis Pharma A/S's stock symbol?
Ascendis Pharma A/S trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "ASND."
How were Ascendis Pharma A/S's earnings last quarter?
Ascendis Pharma A/S (NASDAQ:ASND) released its quarterly earnings results on Friday, August, 18th. The company reported ($1.04) EPS for the quarter, missing the consensus estimate of ($0.80) by $0.24. The business earned $0.44 million during the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $0.78 million. Ascendis Pharma A/S had a negative net margin of 2,977.70% and a negative return on equity of 67.76%. The firm's revenue for the quarter was down 61.4% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter last year, the company earned ($0.53) EPS. View Ascendis Pharma A/S's Earnings History.
When will Ascendis Pharma A/S make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Ascendis Pharma A/S's stock going? Where will Ascendis Pharma A/S's stock price be in 2017?
6 brokerages have issued twelve-month price objectives for Ascendis Pharma A/S's stock. Their predictions range from $10.71 to $51.00. On average, they anticipate Ascendis Pharma A/S's share price to reach $36.95 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Ascendis Pharma A/S.
What are analysts saying about Ascendis Pharma A/S stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Ascendis Pharma A/S stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Ascendis Pharma A/S is a biopharmaceutical company. The company's product pipeline consist of TransCon Human Growth Hormone, TransCon Treprostinil, TransCon Insulin, TransCon Peptide and TransCon Ranibizumab, which are in different clinical stage, for the treatments of hormone deficiency, endocrinology, central nervous system disorders, infectious diseases and diabetes. Its technology includes TransCon which develop prodrug therapies. Ascendis Pharma A/S is based in Denmark. " (8/23/2017)
- 2. Wedbush analysts commented, "The Wedbush View. We see ASND as an attractive investment in the short- and longer-term with pipeline progress and competitor data release in the coming months, plus results from the pivotal heiGHt trial in late 2018. Cash runway into Q4:18. Ascendis reported revenues of €0.37MM and a (loss) of €(0.78)." (5/24/2017)
- 3. Leerink Swann analysts commented, "We project that ASND’s cash position at YE16 will be ~ $180M and expect this will fund operations through completion of its TransCon Growth Hormone study in 2018." (12/1/2016)
Who are some of Ascendis Pharma A/S's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Ascendis Pharma A/S include Halozyme Therapeutics (HALO), Aerie Pharmaceuticals (AERI), Loxo Oncology (LOXO), Prothena Corporation PLC (PRTA), Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical (RARE), China Biologic Products (CBPO), Array BioPharma (ARRY), Insmed (INSM), Intercept Pharmaceuticals (ICPT), NovoCure Limited (NVCR), Acceleron Pharma (XLRN), Radius Health (RDUS), AnaptysBio (ANAB), Five Prime Therapeutics (FPRX), MyoKardia (MYOK), Clinigen Group PLC (CLIN), Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR) and Dynavax Technologies Corporation (DVAX).
Who are Ascendis Pharma A/S's key executives?
Ascendis Pharma A/S's management team includes the folowing people:
- Michael Wolff Jensen, Chairman of the Board, Senior Vice President, General Counsel
- Jan Moeller Mikkelsen, President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Scott T. Smith, Chief Financial Officer, Senior Vice President
- Lotte Soenderbjerg, Senior Vice President, Chief Administrative Officer
- Harald Rau, Senior Vice President, Chief Scientific Officer
- Martin D. Auster M.D., Senior Vice President, Chief Business Officer
- Flemming Steen Jensen, Senior Vice President, Product Supply
- Grethe Rasmussen Ph.D., Senior Vice President, Product Development
- Kennett Sprogoee Ph.D., Senior Vice President, Product Innovation
- Peter Rasmussen, Vice President, Finance and Principal Financial and Accounting Officer
When did Ascendis Pharma A/S IPO?
(ASND) raised $85 million in an initial public offering on Wednesday, January 28th 2015. The company issued 5,000,000 shares at a price of $16.00-$18.00 per share. BofA Merrill Lynch and Leerink Partners served as the underwriters for the IPO and Wells Fargo Securities was co-manager.
How do I buy Ascendis Pharma A/S stock?
Shares of Ascendis Pharma A/S can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Ascendis Pharma A/S's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Ascendis Pharma A/S (NASDAQ ASND)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Ascendis Pharma A/S and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Ascendis Pharma A/S stock can currently be purchased for approximately $35.07.
Consensus Ratings for Ascendis Pharma A/S (NASDAQ:ASND) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||1 Hold Rating, 5 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.83)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$36.95 (5.37% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for Ascendis Pharma A/S (NASDAQ:ASND)
Analysts' Ratings History for Ascendis Pharma A/S (NASDAQ:ASND)
(Data available from 10/22/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|9/28/2017||Bank of America Corporation||Boost Price Target||$36.00 -> $46.00||Low|
|9/22/2017||Wells Fargo & Company||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$51.00||High|
|9/22/2017||Credit Suisse Group||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$30.00 -> $50.00||High|
|9/22/2017||Wedbush||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$65.00 -> $10.71||High|
|9/1/2017||Leerink Swann||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$28.00||High|
|5/11/2017||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Initiated Coverage||Overweight||$36.00||Low|
Earnings History for Ascendis Pharma A/S (NASDAQ:ASND)Earnings History by Quarter for Ascendis Pharma A/S (NASDAQ ASND)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|11/29/2017|| || || || || || || || |
|8/18/2017||6/30/2017||($0.80)||($1.04)||$0.78 million||$0.44 million||View||N/A|
|5/23/2017||Q1||($0.64)||($0.83)||$1.10 million||$0.40 million||View||N/A|
|3/22/2017||Q4||($0.61)||($0.55)||$1.22 million||$1.13 million||View||N/A|
|11/30/2016||Q316||($0.71)||($0.80)||$1.25 million||$1.30 million||View||N/A|
|8/31/2016||Q216||($0.67)||($0.60)||$1.11 million||$1.28 million||View||Listen|
|4/14/2016||Q4 2015||($0.46)||($0.54)||$2.17 million||View||N/A|
|8/24/2015||Q2||($0.48)||($0.70)||$2.23 million||$2.15 million||View||N/A|
|5/18/2015||Q115||($0.39)||$0.07||$2.24 million||$2.38 million||View||Listen|
Earnings Estimates for Ascendis Pharma A/S (NASDAQ:ASND)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($3.19)
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($3.39)
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Ascendis Pharma A/S (NASDAQ:ASND)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading History for Ascendis Pharma A/S (NASDAQ:ASND)
No insider trades for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Headline Trends for Ascendis Pharma A/S (NASDAQ:ASND)
Latest Headlines for Ascendis Pharma A/S (NASDAQ:ASND)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Ascendis Pharma A/S (ASND) Chart for Sunday, October, 22, 2017