About AeroVironment (NASDAQ:AVAV)
AeroVironment, Inc. designs, develops, produces, supports, and operates unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and efficient energy systems (EES) in the United States and internationally. The company offers small UAS products to deliver intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance; and communications, such as real-time tactical reconnaissance, tracking, combat assessment, and geographic data to the small tactical unit or individual operator. Its small UAS wirelessly transmit critical live video and other information to a hand-held ground control unit enabling the operator to view and capture images; ground control systems allow the operator to control the aircraft; and tactical missile systems designed to be reusable for various flights and to be recovered through an autonomous landing feature that enables a controlled descent to a designated location. The company also provides spare equipment, alternative payload modules, batteries, and chargers; repair, refurbishment and replacement, training, and customer support services to small UAS; turnkey information solutions; and engineering services. In addition, it offers electric vehicle charging systems, services, and related solutions for plug-in passenger vehicles; PosiCharge industrial electric vehicle charging systems for electric material handling vehicles and airport ground support equipment; and power cycling and test systems for developers and manufacturers of electric vehicles, as well as battery packs, electric motors, and fuel cells. The company sells EES products directly through sales force; and through retailers, resellers, industrial battery and lift-truck dealers, and distributors and representatives. It serves the U.S. Department of Defense, including the U.S. Army, Marine Corps, Special Operations Command, Air Force, and Navy, as well as commercial, consumer, and government customers. The company was founded in 1971 and is headquartered in Monrovia, California.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Sub-IndustryAerospace & Defense
Trailing P/E Ratio110.48
Forward P/E Ratio85.80
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$264.87 million
Price / Sales5.42
Cash Flow$0.8428 per share
Price / Cash71.26
Book Value$16.30 per share
Price / Book3.68
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)$0.54
Net Income$12.47 million
Return on Equity9.15%
Return on Assets8.23%
AeroVironment (NASDAQ:AVAV) Frequently Asked Questions
What is AeroVironment's stock symbol?
AeroVironment trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "AVAV."
How were AeroVironment's earnings last quarter?
AeroVironment, Inc. (NASDAQ:AVAV) issued its quarterly earnings data on Tuesday, March, 6th. The aerospace company reported $0.09 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the Zacks' consensus estimate of $0.07 by $0.02. The aerospace company earned $63.90 million during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $58.18 million. AeroVironment had a return on equity of 9.15% and a net margin of 10.50%. The firm's revenue was up 20.1% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period last year, the company earned ($0.09) earnings per share. View AeroVironment's Earnings History.
When is AeroVironment's next earnings date?
What price target have analysts set for AVAV?
5 brokers have issued twelve-month target prices for AeroVironment's shares. Their forecasts range from $36.00 to $65.00. On average, they anticipate AeroVironment's share price to reach $48.00 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for AeroVironment.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about AeroVironment stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about AeroVironment stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "AeroVironment, Inc. designs, develops, produces, operates a portfolio of products and services for government agencies, businesses and consumers. It operates through two segments: Unmanned Aircraft Systems, which focuses primarily on the design, development, production, support and operation of UAS and tactical missile systems that provide situational awareness, multi-band communications, force protection and other mission effects, and Efficient Energy Systems, which focuses primarily on the design, development, production, support and operation of electric energy systems. The Company supplies UAS, tactical missile systems and related services primarily to organizations within the United States Department of Defense. The Company also supplies charging systems and services for electric vehicles, and power cycling and test systems to commercial, consumer and government customers. It serves the U.S. Department of Defense, including the U.S. Army, Marine Corps, Special Operations Command, Air Force, and Navy. " (6/11/2018)
- 2. Canaccord Genuity analysts commented, "We recently spent a day on the road with management of AeroVironment (AVAV). After the stock’s recent strong performance, interest in the story is high, and confidence in the longer-term upside is increasing. However, the fact that management is sticking to its full year FY18 outlook does raise questions about the sustainability of the recent strength in the defense business even with the signing today of a ~$700B FY18 defense authorization. The current FY18 guidance implies H2/18 sales and EPS down 3% and 60%, respectively (and the Q4/18 comp is very difficult). And while management may well continue its better-than-expected run, we believe the company has benefitted near term from a surge in op-tempo troop activity, and we will wait for a better entry point to get more bullish. We are maintaining our HOLD rating and our $50 price target." (12/14/2017)
Who are some of AeroVironment's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to AeroVironment include Curtiss-Wright (CW), CAE (CAE), Elbit Systems (ESLT), Embraer (ERJ), COBHAM PLC/ADR (CBHMY), KLX (KLXI), Moog Inc Class B (MOG.B), Moog Inc Class A (MOG.A), Aerojet Rocketdyne (AJRD), Esterline Technologies (ESL), AAR (AIR), Kratos Defense & Security Solutions (KTOS), Wesco Aircraft (WAIR), Engility (EGL) and Astronics (ATRO).
Who are AeroVironment's key executives?
AeroVironment's management team includes the folowing people:
- Mr. Wahid Nawabi, Chief Exec. Officer, Pres & Director (Age 49)
- Ms. Teresa Covington, Sr. VP & CFO (Age 55)
- Kirk Flittie, VP & GM of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (Age 56)
- Mr. Kenneth D. Karklin, VP & GM of Efficient Energy Systems (Age 49)
- Mr. Steven A. Gitlin, VP Corp. Strategy, Investor Relations & Corp. Communication
Has AeroVironment been receiving favorable news coverage?
News headlines about AVAV stock have trended positive recently, according to Accern Sentiment. The research firm identifies negative and positive press coverage by analyzing more than 20 million news and blog sources in real-time. Accern ranks coverage of publicly-traded companies on a scale of negative one to positive one, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. AeroVironment earned a media sentiment score of 0.28 on Accern's scale. They also gave press coverage about the aerospace company an impact score of 46.51 out of 100, meaning that recent press coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the company's share price in the next several days.
Who are AeroVironment's major shareholders?
AeroVironment's stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include BlackRock Inc. (16.01%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (5.96%), Lord Abbett & CO. LLC (2.72%), Baillie Gifford & Co. (2.17%), Global X Management Co. LLC (1.75%) and Legal & General Group Plc (1.66%). Company insiders that own AeroVironment stock include Douglas E Scott, Kenneth D Karklin, Kirk J Flittie, Raymond D Cook, Timothy E Conver and Wahid Nawabi. View Institutional Ownership Trends for AeroVironment.
Which major investors are selling AeroVironment stock?
AVAV stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Neuberger Berman Group LLC, Lord Abbett & CO. LLC, Russell Investments Group Ltd., JPMorgan Chase & Co., Northern Trust Corp, Comerica Bank, New York State Common Retirement Fund and US Bancorp DE. Company insiders that have sold AeroVironment company stock in the last year include Kenneth D Karklin and Timothy E Conver. View Insider Buying and Selling for AeroVironment.
Which major investors are buying AeroVironment stock?
AVAV stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Legal & General Group Plc, BlackRock Inc., Global X Management Co. LLC, Baillie Gifford & Co., Stephens Investment Management Group LLC, Migdal Insurance & Financial Holdings Ltd., Fisher Asset Management LLC and Allianz Asset Management GmbH. View Insider Buying and Selling for AeroVironment.
How do I buy shares of AeroVironment?
Shares of AVAV can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is AeroVironment's stock price today?
One share of AVAV stock can currently be purchased for approximately $60.06.
How big of a company is AeroVironment?
AeroVironment has a market capitalization of $1.42 billion and generates $264.87 million in revenue each year. The aerospace company earns $12.47 million in net income (profit) each year or $0.54 on an earnings per share basis. AeroVironment employs 661 workers across the globe.
How can I contact AeroVironment?
AeroVironment's mailing address is 800 ROYAL OAKS DRIVE SUITE 210, MONROVIA CA, 91016. The aerospace company can be reached via phone at 626-357-9983 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for AeroVironment (AVAV)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about AeroVironment and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe AVAV will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe AVAV will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.