Cerus Corporation is a biomedical products company. The Company is engaged in developing and commercializing the INTERCEPT Blood System for blood safety. The Company operates through blood safety segment. The Company's INTERCEPT Blood System is based on its technology for controlling biological replication, and is designed to reduce blood-borne pathogens in donated blood components intended for transfusion. The Company's INTERCEPT Blood System is designed to target and inactivate blood-borne pathogens, such as viruses, including human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), West Nile, Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS), hepatitis B and C; bacteria and parasites, as well as harmful white blood cells, while preserving the therapeutic properties of platelet, plasma and red blood cell transfusion products. The Company's INTERCEPT Blood System is for use with blood components, including plasma, platelets, and red blood cells.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Medical Devices & Implants
- Sub-Industry: Health Care Supplies
- Symbol: NASDAQ:CERS
- CUSIP: 15708510
- Web: www.cerus.com
- Market Cap: $275.03 million
- Outstanding Shares: 109,137,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $2.51
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $3.04
- 52 Week Range: $1.93 - $6.59
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -4.94
- P/E Growth: 0.00
- Annual Revenue: $36.83 million
- Price / Sales: 7.47
- Book Value: $0.36 per share
- Price / Book: 7.00
- EBIDTA: ($61,750,000.00)
- Net Margins: -164.39%
- Return on Equity: -120.31%
- Return on Assets: -65.38%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.30%
- Current Ratio: 2.94%
- Quick Ratio: 2.46%
- Average Volume: 861,062 shs.
- Beta: 1.79
- Short Ratio: 14.04
Frequently Asked Questions for Cerus Corporation (NASDAQ:CERS)
What is Cerus Corporation's stock symbol?
Cerus Corporation trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "CERS."
How were Cerus Corporation's earnings last quarter?
Cerus Corporation (NASDAQ:CERS) announced its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, August, 3rd. The company reported ($0.16) earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, hitting analysts' consensus estimates of ($0.16). The business had revenue of $9.53 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $9.14 million. Cerus Corporation had a negative net margin of 164.39% and a negative return on equity of 120.31%. The company's revenue was up 3.0% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter last year, the firm earned ($0.18) EPS. View Cerus Corporation's Earnings History.
When will Cerus Corporation make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Cerus Corporation's stock going? Where will Cerus Corporation's stock price be in 2017?
4 brokerages have issued 1 year price objectives for Cerus Corporation's stock. Their predictions range from $5.00 to $10.00. On average, they anticipate Cerus Corporation's stock price to reach $7.25 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Cerus Corporation.
What are analysts saying about Cerus Corporation stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Cerus Corporation stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Cerus Corporation is developing medical products based on a platform technology that prevents nucleic acid replication. The company's initial application of this technology is the development of systems to inactivate viruses, bacteria and other pathogens in blood components used for transfusion. The company is also focusing research and development efforts on other potential health care applications for this platform technology, including pathogen inactivation of source plasma used for fractionation, improving the outcomes of stem cell transplantation. " (6/27/2017)
- 2. Cantor Fitzgerald analysts commented, "We reiterate our Overweight rating and $9 PT following mixed 4Q16 results and strong 2017 guidance. The company reports that 55 U.S. hospitals have begun receiving INTERCEPT platelets, with a pipeline of ~10 more expected in 1Q17 and additional hospitals expected in 2Q17. Driving that adoption is the key to 2017, in our view, and the company is sharply focused on driving hospital adoption through expanded medical science liaisons and hospital implementation teams. That said, some hospitals are already ordering as many units as are available and others are not yet in use due to capacity constraints, which we expect to be alleviated as more of the 36 installed systems come online. We continue to believe 2017 may be a breakout year as U.S. INTERCEPT utilization drives kit sales and the company progresses with both its U.S. and European red blood cell programs." (3/8/2017)
Who are some of Cerus Corporation's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Cerus Corporation include Endologix (ELGX), RTI Surgical (RTIX), Obalon Therptcs (OBLN), ConforMIS (CFMS), Second Sight Medical Products (EYES), Concepta PLC (CPT), Concepta PLC (FRI), Cyberonics (CYBX), HeartWare International (HTWR), St Jude Medical (STJ), Trivascular Technologies (TRIV) and Uroplasty (UPI).
Who are Cerus Corporation's key executives?
Cerus Corporation's management team includes the folowing people:
- Daniel N. Swisher Jr., Independent Chairman of the Board
- William M. Greenman, President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Kevin D. Green, Chief Financial Officer, Vice President - Finance
- Caspar Hogeboom, President, Cerus Europe and EEMEA
- Laurence M. Corash M.D., Senior Vice President, Chief Medical and Chief Scientific Officer, Director
- Carol M. Moore, Senior Vice President - Regulatory Affairs, Quality and Clinical
- Richard J. Benjamin, Chief Medical Officer
- Vivek K. Jayaraman, Chief Commercial Officer
- Chrystal N. Menard, Chief Legal Officer and General Counsel
- Timothy Bruce Anderson, Independent Director
Who owns Cerus Corporation stock?
Cerus Corporation's stock is owned by a variety of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include Elk Creek Partners LLC (5.52%), Vanguard Group Inc. (4.71%), Peregrine Capital Management LLC (3.17%), Senvest Management LLC (2.83%), State Street Corp (1.67%) and ARK Investment Management LLC (1.62%). Company insiders that own Cerus Corporation stock include Carol Moore, Kevin Dennis Green, Laurence M Corash, Richard J Benjamin and William Mariner Greenman. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Cerus Corporation.
Who sold Cerus Corporation stock? Who is selling Cerus Corporation stock?
Cerus Corporation's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Alliancebernstein L.P., Wells Fargo & Company MN, Peregrine Capital Management LLC, Stoneridge Investment Partners LLC, New York State Common Retirement Fund, TIAA CREF Investment Management LLC, Schwab Charles Investment Management Inc. and Bank of New York Mellon Corp. Company insiders that have sold Cerus Corporation stock in the last year include Carol Moore, Kevin Dennis Green, Richard J Benjamin and William Mariner Greenman. View Insider Buying and Selling for Cerus Corporation.
Who bought Cerus Corporation stock? Who is buying Cerus Corporation stock?
Cerus Corporation's stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Elk Creek Partners LLC, ARK Investment Management LLC, Delta Lloyd Asset Management N.V., Vanguard Group Inc., Marshall Wace North America L.P., Bamco Inc. NY, First Midwest Bank Trust Division and Salzhauer Michael. View Insider Buying and Selling for Cerus Corporation.
How do I buy Cerus Corporation stock?
Shares of Cerus Corporation can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Cerus Corporation's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Cerus Corporation (NASDAQ CERS)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Cerus Corporation and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Cerus Corporation stock can currently be purchased for approximately $2.52.
Earnings History for Cerus Corporation (NASDAQ:CERS)Earnings History by Quarter for Cerus Corporation (NASDAQ CERS)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|11/2/2017|| || || || || || || || |
|8/3/2017||Q2 2017||($0.16)||($0.16)||$9.14 million||$9.53 million||View||Listen|
|5/4/2017||Q1 2017||($0.17)||($0.18)||$8.98 million||$7.01 million||View||Listen|
|3/7/2017||Q4 2016||($0.16)||($0.13)||$11.29 million||$10.10 million||View||Listen|
|11/3/2016||Q316||($0.17)||($0.14)||$10.34 million||$10.20 million||View||N/A|
|8/4/2016||Q216||($0.17)||($0.18)||$8.88 million||$9.25 million||View||N/A|
|5/3/2016||Q1||($0.16)||($0.17)||$8.29 million||$7.60 million||View||N/A|
|3/8/2016||Q415||($0.16)||($0.15)||$9.72 million||$9.70 million||View||Listen|
|11/5/2015||Q315||($0.16)||($0.17)||$10.00 million||$8.04 million||View||N/A|
|8/6/2015||Q215||($0.15)||($0.17)||$8.71 million||$8.83 million||View||N/A|
|5/5/2015||Q214||($0.16)||($0.21)||$7.70 million||$7.70 million||View||N/A|
|2/26/2015||Q114||($0.15)||($0.25)||$10.36 million||$9.70 million||View||N/A|
|11/4/2014||Q413||($0.13)||($0.15)||$9.83 million||$10.36 million||View||N/A|
|7/31/2014||Q313||($0.13)||($0.16)||$8.17 million||$8.60 million||View||N/A|
|5/1/2014||Q313||($0.09)||($0.04)||$9.65 million||$7.86 million||View||N/A|
|2/25/2014||Q213||($0.09)||($0.10)||$11.77 million||$9.23 million||View||N/A|
|10/29/2013||($0.09)||($0.29)||$10.34 million||$10.54 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Cerus Corporation (NASDAQ:CERS)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($0.55)
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Cerus Corporation (NASDAQ:CERS)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Cerus Corporation (NASDAQ:CERS)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 7.40%Insider Trades by Quarter for Cerus Corporation (NASDAQ:CERS)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 58.26%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|8/11/2017||Laurence M Corash||Insider||Buy||92,796||$2.45||$227,350.20|| |
|3/15/2017||Kevin Dennis Green||CFO||Sell||2,343||$4.21||$9,864.03|| |
|3/15/2017||William Mariner Greenman||Insider||Sell||8,786||$4.21||$36,989.06|| |
|3/14/2017||Carol Moore||SVP||Sell||2,377||$4.15||$9,864.55|| |
|3/14/2017||Richard J Benjamin||Insider||Sell||1,189||$4.15||$4,934.35|| |
|8/22/2016||Kevin Dennis Green||CFO||Sell||17,150||$6.80||$116,620.00|| |
|8/19/2015||Laurence M Corash||Insider||Buy||25,900||$4.99||$129,241.00|| |
|8/18/2015||Laurence M Corash||Insider||Buy||84,600||$4.77||$403,542.00|| |
|11/10/2014||William Mariner Greenman||CEO||Buy||21,800||$3.93||$85,674.00|| |
|11/19/2012||William Mariner Greenman||CEO||Buy||3,200||$3.02||$9,664.00|| |
|11/16/2012||Laurence M Corash||Insider||Buy||2,000||$2.85||$5,700.00|| |
|11/16/2012||William Mariner Greenman||CEO||Buy||13,800||$2.85||$39,330.00|| |
Headline Trends for Cerus Corporation (NASDAQ:CERS)
Latest Headlines for Cerus Corporation (NASDAQ:CERS)
Cerus Corporation (CERS) Chart for Thursday, September, 21, 2017