About Check Point Software Technologies (NASDAQ:CHKP)
Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. (Check point) develops, markets and supports a range of products and services for information technology (IT) security. The Company's products and services are sold to enterprises, service providers, small and medium sized businesses and consumers. It offers enterprises a platform to deploy independent, modular and interoperable security applications (Software Blades), such as firewall, virtual private network (VPN), intrusion prevention system (IPS), Application Control, Anti-Bot, antivirus, data loss prevention (DLP), policy management, event analysis or multi-domain management. The Company offers Software Blades grouped into functional packages to address specific security issues. It has product offerings under these packages, which include Next Generation Firewall, Next Generation Threat Prevention, Next Generation Secure Web Gateway and Next Generation Data Protection.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Application Software
Trailing P/E Ratio22.1303418803419
Forward P/E Ratio21.49
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$1.74 billion
Price / Sales9.72
Cash Flow$4.45 per share
Price / Cash23.28
Book Value$19.96 per share
Price / Book5.19
Net Income$724.84 million
Return on Equity22.46%
Return on Assets15.11%
Check Point Software Technologies (NASDAQ:CHKP) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Check Point Software Technologies' stock symbol?
Check Point Software Technologies trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "CHKP."
How were Check Point Software Technologies' earnings last quarter?
Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. (NASDAQ:CHKP) announced its earnings results on Tuesday, October, 31st. The technology company reported $1.18 earnings per share for the quarter, topping analysts' consensus estimates of $1.12 by $0.06. Check Point Software Technologies had a net margin of 42.80% and a return on equity of 22.46%. View Check Point Software Technologies' Earnings History.
When will Check Point Software Technologies make its next earnings announcement?
What guidance has Check Point Software Technologies issued on next quarter's earnings?
Check Point Software Technologies issued an update on its fourth quarter earnings guidance on Tuesday, October, 31st. The company provided EPS guidance of $1.45-1.55 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus EPS estimate of $1.49. The company issued revenue guidance of $485-525 million, compared to the consensus revenue estimate of $529.40 million.
Where is Check Point Software Technologies' stock going? Where will Check Point Software Technologies' stock price be in 2018?
25 brokers have issued 1-year price objectives for Check Point Software Technologies' shares. Their forecasts range from $100.00 to $132.00. On average, they expect Check Point Software Technologies' share price to reach $114.05 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Check Point Software Technologies.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Check Point Software Technologies stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Check Point Software Technologies stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Check Point is a provider of information technology (IT) security solutions worldwide. Shares of the company have outperformed the broader market over the past one year. We believe that the rapid adoption of Check Point’s data center appliances and continuous enhancements in data center product lines will provide ample support to its top line. The company’s focus on enhancing mobile capabilities will aid it to tap greater larger opportunities. Furthermore, Check Point’s strategy of growing through acquisitions is praiseworthy. However, Check Point’s soft Q4 outlook makes us cautious about its near-term performance. Moreover, changing customer spending behavior, intensifying competition, an uncertain economic environment and currency fluctuations remain headwinds." (1/2/2018)
- 2. BTIG Research analysts commented, "We are maintaining our $24 price target on SABR shares after a solid quarter with EBITDA 5% above consensus and management maintaining FY17 guidance. While no change to ’18E FCF, expected to grow in-line with mid-single-digit revenue growth, we believe a relatively vanilla quarter, with new agency contracts in higher unit economic regions (EMEA/APAC), are now benefiting Travel Network (TN) top- line, indicating management’s transition-plan is materializing. However, visibility into ’19E FCF accelerating is likely needed to materially shift some of the entrenched negative sentiment that exists around shares. Guidance suggests declining Airline solutions revenue near term, but this is largely priced in. Hospitality re-accelerated and commentary suggest mid-teens growth is sustainable. We believe SABR is well- positioned to scale long-term travel technology trends." (11/1/2017)
- 3. Robert W. Baird analysts commented, "We view the recent product updates as a positive and would look for increased traction to get more constructive on the shares. FQ1 results. Revenue of $435 million was up 8% YoY and slightly above consensus of $432 million. Non-GAAP EPS of $1.20 was also modestly above consensus of $1.18. Non-GAAP operating profit of 53.5% was down 120bps QoQ and 180 bps YoY due to increases in R&D and, more so, S&M. FQ2 guidance. Management expects FQ2 revenue/non-GAAP EPS in the range of $440-$465 million/$1.17-$1.25; roughly in line with consensus of $454 million/$1.23." (4/27/2017)
- 4. Stifel Nicolaus analysts commented, "Prior to the market open on Thursday, January 19, Check Point Software Technologies released 4Q16 results that came in meaningfully ahead of Street expectations across all major financial metrics. Strong demand for Check Point's new family of appliances (which now makes up >85% of appliance revenue) persisted through Q4, driving a sequential acceleration in software blades revenue growth and a sequential re-acceleration in appliance revenue growth, a metric that both we and the Street expected to decelerate during the period. However, it remains unclear the degree to which new customer acquisitions have contributed to this growth (the company has not provided any specific data regarding this), leading us to conservatively conclude that this growth in newer appliances is being sourced primarily from existing customers transitioning away from legacy deployments. Additionally, management noted that while its utilization of discounting on maintenance contracts slowed to a degree during the period, it did continue through year-end, a trend that we believe could limit growth in maintenance revenues through 1H17, at a minimum. We reiterate our Hold rating but are raising our target price to $94 on common shares of Check Point." (1/20/2017)
- 5. Instinet analysts commented, "Check Point announced 4Q'16 results, with billings growth of 12% yoy, above our estimate and above the 7% growth in the September quarter on a tougher yoy compare. We continue to have longer-term concerns about competitive pressures in the network security market, but we believe Check Point will be able to continue to report yoy billings growth in the mid- to high-single-digit range given its large and sticky installed base as well as its ability to be a fast follower of new security trends. We maintain our Buy rating on an attractive uFCF yield of near 9% on CY'18E numbers. FY17E EPS from $5.01 to $5.25; FY18E EPS from $5.55 to $5.85." (1/20/2017)
Who are some of Check Point Software Technologies' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Check Point Software Technologies include Autodesk (ADSK), Workday (WDAY), Symantec (SYMC), Square (SQ), ANSYS (ANSS), PTC (PTC), King Digital Entertainment (KING), Sabre (SABR), Zendesk (ZEN), New Relic (NEWR), Mulesoft (MULE), BOX (BOX), Twilio (TWLO), Cyberark Software (CYBR), Five9 (FIVN), Radware (RDWR), Keywords Studios (KWS) and GB Group (GBG).
Who are Check Point Software Technologies' key executives?
Check Point Software Technologies' management team includes the folowing people:
- Amnon Bar-Lev, President
- Gil Shwed, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Jerry T. Ungerman, Vice Chairman of the Board
- Tal Payne CPA, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operating Officer (Age 44)
- Dorit Dor, Vice President - Products
- Marius Nacht, Non-Executive Chairman of the Board
- Dan Propper, Independent Director (Age 76)
- David Rubner, Independent Director (Age 75)
- Tal Shavit, Independent Director
- Yoav Z. Chelouche, Independent Outside Director (Age 64)
Who owns Check Point Software Technologies stock?
Check Point Software Technologies' stock is owned by a variety of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include Vontobel Asset Management Inc. (0.34%), Dalton Greiner Hartman Maher & Co. (0.07%), Train Babcock Advisors LLC (0.03%), Schwab Charles Investment Management Inc. (0.03%), Bank of Montreal Can (0.03%) and FCM Investments TX (0.02%). View Institutional Ownership Trends for Check Point Software Technologies.
Who sold Check Point Software Technologies stock? Who is selling Check Point Software Technologies stock?
Check Point Software Technologies' stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Bank of Montreal Can, Dalton Greiner Hartman Maher & Co., Schwab Charles Investment Management Inc., Jaffetilchin Investment Partners LLC, FCM Investments TX, Train Babcock Advisors LLC and Creative Planning. View Insider Buying and Selling for Check Point Software Technologies.
Who bought Check Point Software Technologies stock? Who is buying Check Point Software Technologies stock?
How do I buy Check Point Software Technologies stock?
Shares of Check Point Software Technologies can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Check Point Software Technologies' stock price today?
One share of Check Point Software Technologies stock can currently be purchased for approximately $103.57.
How big of a company is Check Point Software Technologies?
Check Point Software Technologies has a market capitalization of $16.93 billion and generates $1.74 billion in revenue each year. The technology company earns $724.84 million in net income (profit) each year or $4.68 on an earnings per share basis. Check Point Software Technologies employs 4,281 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Check Point Software Technologies?
Check Point Software Technologies' mailing address is 5 Ha'Solelim Street, TEL AVIV-YAFO, 6789705, Israel. The technology company can be reached via phone at +972-3-7534555 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Check Point Software Technologies (CHKP)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Check Point Software Technologies and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
Check Point Software Technologies (NASDAQ:CHKP) Analysts' Consensus Rating (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus analyst ratings for company stocks using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Analyst consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings from Wall Street analysts. Each stock's consensus analyst rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Today||30 Days Ago||90 Days Ago||180 Days Ago|
|Consensus Rating: ||Hold||Hold||Buy||Hold|
|Consensus Rating Score: ||2.32||2.35||2.52||2.48|
|Ratings Breakdown: ||0 Sell Rating(s)|
17 Hold Rating(s)
8 Buy Rating(s)
0 Strong Buy Rating(s)
|0 Sell Rating(s)|
17 Hold Rating(s)
9 Buy Rating(s)
0 Strong Buy Rating(s)
|0 Sell Rating(s)|
14 Hold Rating(s)
15 Buy Rating(s)
0 Strong Buy Rating(s)
|0 Sell Rating(s)|
16 Hold Rating(s)
15 Buy Rating(s)
0 Strong Buy Rating(s)
|Consensus Price Target: ||$114.05||$114.05||$112.09||$108.36|
|Price Target Upside: ||7.74% upside||7.74% upside||5.01% downside||1.86% upside|
Check Point Software Technologies (NASDAQ:CHKP) Consensus Price Target History
Check Point Software Technologies (NASDAQ:CHKP) Analyst Ratings History
(Data available from 1/17/2016 forward)
Check Point Software Technologies (NASDAQ:CHKP) Earnings History and Estimates Chart
Check Point Software Technologies (NASDAQ CHKP) Earnings History by Quarter
(Earnings results data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|7/20/2017||6/30/2017||$1.22||$1.26||$454.62 million||$458.60 million||View||N/A|
|4/27/2017||3/31/2017||$1.07||$1.10||$432.41 million||$435.50 million||View||N/A|
|1/19/2017||Q416||$1.25||$1.46||$478.07 million||$487.00 million||View||Listen|
|10/31/2016||Q316||$0.97||$1.13||$422.79 million||$428.00 million||View||Listen|
|7/26/2016||Q216||$1.07||$1.09||$422.19 million||$423.00 million||View||Listen|
|4/20/2016||Q116||$1.03||$1.06||$404.37 million||$404.00 million||View||Listen|
|1/28/2016||Q415||$1.15||$1.20||$457.08 million||$458.00 million||View||Listen|
|10/26/2015||Q315||$0.98||$0.94||$402.96 million||$404.00 million||View||Listen|
|7/22/2015||Q215||$0.87||$0.99||$392.55 million||$395.00 million||View||Listen|
|4/20/2015||Q115||$0.91||$0.95||$370.28 million||$372.58 million||View||N/A|
|1/29/2015||Q414||$0.98||$0.98||$416.13 million||$420.60 million||View||N/A|
|10/23/2014||Q314||$0.83||$0.93||$367.10 million||$370.00 million||View||Listen|
|7/23/2014||Q214||$0.87||$0.89||$359.37 million||$363.00 million||View||N/A|
|4/29/2014||Q114||$0.78||$0.84||$341.92 million||$342.00 million||View||N/A|
|1/28/2014||Q413||$0.95||$0.98||$383.43 million||$387.10 million||View||Listen|
|10/21/2013||Q313||$0.84||$0.85||$343.62 million||$344.10 million||View||Listen|
|7/18/2013||Q2 2013||$0.81||$0.83||$337.22 million||$340.20 million||View||Listen|
|4/22/2013||Q1 2013||$0.78||$0.79||$328.20 million||$322.70 million||View||N/A|
|1/23/2013||Q4 2012||$0.88||$0.91||$373.66 million||$368.60 million||View||N/A|
Check Point Software Technologies (NASDAQ:CHKP) Earnings Estimates
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $5.28
(Earnings estimates data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Check Point Software Technologies (NASDAQ:CHKP)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading History for Check Point Software Technologies (NASDAQ CHKP)
No insider trades for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Check Point Software Technologies (NASDAQ CHKP) News Headlines
Check Point Software Technologies (NASDAQ:CHKP) SEC Filings
This page is loading this company's SEC Filings. Please wait...
Check Point Software Technologies (NASDAQ:CHKP) Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement
Check Point Software Technologies (NASDAQ CHKP) Stock Chart for Wednesday, January, 17, 2018