About Check Point Software Technologies
Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. (Check point) develops, markets and supports a range of products and services for information technology (IT) security. The Company's products and services are sold to enterprises, service providers, small and medium sized businesses and consumers. It offers enterprises a platform to deploy independent, modular and interoperable security applications (Software Blades), such as firewall, virtual private network (VPN), intrusion prevention system (IPS), Application Control, Anti-Bot, antivirus, data loss prevention (DLP), policy management, event analysis or multi-domain management. The Company offers Software Blades grouped into functional packages to address specific security issues. It has product offerings under these packages, which include Next Generation Firewall, Next Generation Threat Prevention, Next Generation Secure Web Gateway and Next Generation Data Protection.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Security Software & Services
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Exchange: NASDAQ
- Symbol: CHKP
- Previous Close: $98.91
- 50 Day Moving Average: $97.62
- 200 Day Moving Average: $84.62
- 52-Week Range: $74.34 - $101.77
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 23.83
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 17.48
- P/E Growth: 1.74
- Market Cap: $16.65B
- Outstanding Shares: 167,220,000
- Beta: 0.87
- Net Margins: 41.63%
- Return on Equity: 21.19%
- Return on Assets: 14.57%
Companies Related to Check Point Software Technologies:
- Current Ratio: 1.62%
- Quick Ratio: 1.53%
What is Check Point Software Technologies' stock symbol?
Check Point Software Technologies trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "CHKP."
Where is Check Point Software Technologies' stock going? Where will Check Point Software Technologies' stock price be in 2017?
31 equities research analysts have issued 12-month target prices for Check Point Software Technologies' stock. Their predictions range from $65.00 to $118.00. On average, they anticipate Check Point Software Technologies' share price to reach $99.13 in the next twelve months.
When will Check Point Software Technologies announce their earnings?
Check Point Software Technologies is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Tuesday, April, 18th 2017.
What are analysts saying about Check Point Software Technologies stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Check Point Software Technologies stock:
- Stifel Nicolaus analysts commented, "Prior to the market open on Thursday, January 19, Check Point Software Technologies released 4Q16 results that came in meaningfully ahead of Street expectations across all major financial metrics. Strong demand for Check Point's new family of appliances (which now makes up >85% of appliance revenue) persisted through Q4, driving a sequential acceleration in software blades revenue growth and a sequential re-acceleration in appliance revenue growth, a metric that both we and the Street expected to decelerate during the period. However, it remains unclear the degree to which new customer acquisitions have contributed to this growth (the company has not provided any specific data regarding this), leading us to conservatively conclude that this growth in newer appliances is being sourced primarily from existing customers transitioning away from legacy deployments. Additionally, management noted that while its utilization of discounting on maintenance contracts slowed to a degree during the period, it did continue through year-end, a trend that we believe could limit growth in maintenance revenues through 1H17, at a minimum. We reiterate our Hold rating but are raising our target price to $94 on common shares of Check Point." (1/20/2017)
- Instinet analysts commented, "Check Point announced 4Q'16 results, with billings growth of 12% yoy, above our estimate and above the 7% growth in the September quarter on a tougher yoy compare. We continue to have longer-term concerns about competitive pressures in the network security market, but we believe Check Point will be able to continue to report yoy billings growth in the mid- to high-single-digit range given its large and sticky installed base as well as its ability to be a fast follower of new security trends. We maintain our Buy rating on an attractive uFCF yield of near 9% on CY'18E numbers. FY17E EPS from $5.01 to $5.25; FY18E EPS from $5.55 to $5.85." (1/20/2017)
According to Zacks Investment Research, "Check Point is a provider of information technology (IT) security solutions across the world. The stock price has outperformed the broader market over the last six months. The outperformance can be attributed to upward estimate revisions. Going forward, we believe that the rapid adoption of Check Point’s data center appliances and continuous enhancements in data center product lines will provide ample support to its top line. The company’s focus on enhancing mobile capabilities will aid it to tap greater larger opportunities. Furthermore, Check Point’s strategy of growing through acquisitions is praiseworthy." (1/12/2017)
Who owns Check Point Software Technologies stock?
Check Point Software Technologies' stock is owned by a number of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include Franklin Resources Inc. (4.93%), Aberdeen Asset Management PLC UK (2.59%), Iridian Asset Management LLC CT (2.17%), William Blair Investment Management LLC (1.44%), State Street Corp (1.42%) and FMR LLC (1.37%).
Who sold Check Point Software Technologies stock? Who is selling Check Point Software Technologies stock?
Check Point Software Technologies' stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Iridian Asset Management LLC CT, Franklin Resources Inc., Aberdeen Asset Management PLC UK, Federated Investors Inc. PA, Capstone Investment Advisors LLC, Atlanta Capital Management Co. L L C, Raymond James Financial Services Advisors Inc. and Bank of Nova Scotia Trust Co..
Who bought Check Point Software Technologies stock? Who is buying Check Point Software Technologies stock?
Check Point Software Technologies' stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including William Blair Investment Management LLC, Alyeska Investment Group L.P., Russell Investments Group Ltd., Asset Management One Co. Ltd., WFG Advisors LP, DZ BANK AG Deutsche Zentral Genossenschafts Bank Frankfurt am Main, FMR LLC and Bessemer Group Inc..
How do I buy Check Point Software Technologies stock?
Shares of Check Point Software Technologies can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Check Point Software Technologies stock cost?
One share of Check Point Software Technologies stock can currently be purchased for approximately $98.91.