About Concert Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:CNCE)
Concert Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company. The Company is engaged in the discovery and development of small molecule drugs. The Company operates through the development of pharmaceutical products on its own behalf or in collaboration with others. The Company's deuterated chemical entity platform (DCE Platform), has potential across various therapeutic areas. Its product candidates include AVP-786, CTP-656, CTP-730, CTP-543 and JZP-386. The Company's product candidate, CTP-656, is a next generation potentiator that it is initially developing for the treatment of cystic fibrosis in patients having gating mutations, including the G551D mutation. CTP-543 was discovered by applying Concert's deuterium chemistry technology to modify ruxolitinib. AVP-786 is a combination of a dextromethorphan and an ultra-low dose of quinidine. CTP-730 is a phosphodiesterase 4 (PDE4) inhibitor that has potential for the treatment of various inflammatory diseases.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Biotechnology & Medical Research
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:CNCE
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.concertpharma.com
- Market Cap: $365.03 million
- Outstanding Shares: 22,687,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $14.94
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $14.66
- 52 Week Range: $7.11 - $19.11
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -7.59
- P/E Growth: 0.00
- Annual Revenue: $82,000.00
- Price / Sales: 4,451.63
- Book Value: $2.85 per share
- Price / Book: 5.65
- EBITDA: ($49,110,000.00)
- Net Margins: -60,681.70%
- Return on Equity: -61.98%
- Return on Assets: -48.50%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.45%
- Current Ratio: 17.50%
- Quick Ratio: 17.50%
- Average Volume: 144,606 shs.
- Beta: 1.44
- Short Ratio: 2.44
Frequently Asked Questions for Concert Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:CNCE)
What is Concert Pharmaceuticals' stock symbol?
Concert Pharmaceuticals trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "CNCE."
How were Concert Pharmaceuticals' earnings last quarter?
Concert Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:CNCE) released its earnings results on Tuesday, August, 8th. The company reported ($0.58) earnings per share for the quarter, beating analysts' consensus estimates of ($0.62) by $0.04. The business earned $0.02 million during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $0.20 million. Concert Pharmaceuticals had a negative net margin of 60,681.70% and a negative return on equity of 61.98%. View Concert Pharmaceuticals' Earnings History.
When will Concert Pharmaceuticals make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Concert Pharmaceuticals' stock going? Where will Concert Pharmaceuticals' stock price be in 2017?
4 brokers have issued 12 month price objectives for Concert Pharmaceuticals' shares. Their predictions range from $21.00 to $32.00. On average, they expect Concert Pharmaceuticals' share price to reach $27.00 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Concert Pharmaceuticals.
What are analysts saying about Concert Pharmaceuticals stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Concert Pharmaceuticals stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Concert Pharmaceuticals Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company. It is focused on applying its DCE Platform (R) to create novel small molecule drugs. The Company manufactures drugs in various therapeutic areas such as hot flashes, HIV, renal hepatic, neuropathic pain, MRSA infection, and schizophrenia, multiple tumors, and hyperparathyroidism. Concert Pharmaceuticals Inc. is based in United States. " (10/10/2017)
- 2. HC Wainwright analysts commented, "de-risked platform for drug discovery" along with a lead clinical asset for alopecia areata.Over the past five years, the company has leveraged its proprietary platform as a source for external partnerships and has had four validating partnership deals, the analyst continued. The most recent partnership related to the acquisition of CTP-656 which is under FTC review before the final close date in October.While there is "little clarity" into the review process of CTP-656, investors should believe in the "fundamental value of a deuterated potentiator to the many players still eager to assemble the best-in-class triple combo for cystic fibrosis," Fein stated.CTP-543The recent clinical hold lift of Concert's CTP-543, a deuterated ruxolitinib (a JAK1/2 inhibitor), for the treatment of adults with moderate-to-severe AA, should be viewed as the removal of an overhang and clears a path for a phase 2a readout in the bottom half of 2018, Fein also noted."We suspect that this clinical hold may [have] less to do with endogenous factors (e.g., the compound or trial itself), and more to do with exogenous factors (e.g., the evolving sphere of research around AA field and JAK inhibitor research broadly)," he wrote. "As such, we applaud management's attitude in starting an open and conciliatory dialogue with the agency early on to prevent any possible negative downstream scenarios and allow the data to speak for itself." (7/24/2017)
- 3. Aegis analysts commented, "We still anticipate the deal to close and for Concert to receive the $160 mil upfront payment." (6/12/2017)
Who are some of Concert Pharmaceuticals' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Concert Pharmaceuticals include ANI Pharmaceuticals (ANIP), AC Immune SA (ACIU), BeyondSpring (BYSI), WAVE Life Sciences (WVE), Voyager Therapeutics (VYGR), Celyad SA (CYAD), ImmunoGen (IMGN), Inovio Pharmaceuticals (INO), Mesoblast Limited (MESO), PDL BioPharma (PDLI), TG Therapeutics (TGTX), Adamas Pharmaceuticals (ADMS), Agenus (AGEN), Kala Pharmaceuticals (KALA), Cara Therapeutics (CARA), Celldex Therapeutics (CLDX), Arbutus Biopharma Corporation (ABUS) and Idera Pharmaceuticals (IDRA).
Who are Concert Pharmaceuticals' key executives?
Concert Pharmaceuticals' management team includes the folowing people:
- Richard H. Aldrich, Chairman of the Board, Co-Founder
- Roger D. Tung Ph.D., President, Chief Executive Officer, Co-Founder, Director
- Ryan Lynch, Principal Financial Officer, Principal Accounting Officer
- Nancy Stuart, Chief Operating Officer
- Robert Silverman Ph.D. J.D., Senior Vice President and General Counsel
- James Cassella,, Senior Vice President, chief development officer
- Christine Boisclair, Vice President - Regulatory Affairs
- Scott Weintraub, Vice President - Commercial and Product Strategy
- Thomas G. Auchincloss Jr., Director
- Ronald W. Barrett Ph.D., Director
Who owns Concert Pharmaceuticals stock?
Concert Pharmaceuticals' stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include Ingalls & Snyder LLC (5.33%). Company insiders that own Concert Pharmaceuticals stock include Nancy Stuart, Pauline Mcgowan, Roger D Tung, Ronald W Barrett, Ryan Lynch, Thomas G Auchincloss and Wilfred E Jaeger. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Concert Pharmaceuticals.
Who bought Concert Pharmaceuticals stock? Who is buying Concert Pharmaceuticals stock?
Concert Pharmaceuticals' stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Ingalls & Snyder LLC. Company insiders that have bought Concert Pharmaceuticals stock in the last two years include Roger D Tung and Thomas G Auchincloss. View Insider Buying and Selling for Concert Pharmaceuticals.
How do I buy Concert Pharmaceuticals stock?
Shares of Concert Pharmaceuticals can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Concert Pharmaceuticals' stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Concert Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ CNCE)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Concert Pharmaceuticals and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Concert Pharmaceuticals stock can currently be purchased for approximately $16.09.
Earnings History for Concert Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:CNCE)Earnings History by Quarter for Concert Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ CNCE)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/8/2017||Q2 2017||($0.62)||($0.58)||$0.20 million||$0.02 million||View||Listen|
|5/2/2017||Q1 2017||($0.54)||($0.60)||$0.02 million||View||Listen|
|3/6/2017||Q4 2016||($0.66)||($0.54)||$0.02 million||View||Listen|
|11/8/2016||Q316||($0.63)||($0.51)||$0.06 million||$0.03 million||View||Listen|
|8/9/2016||Q2||($0.63)||($0.60)||$0.06 million||$0.07 million||View||N/A|
|5/5/2016||Q116||($0.45)||($0.63)||$1.66 million||$0.06 million||View||N/A|
|3/1/2016||Q415||($0.05)||$0.03||$11.24 million||$10.30 million||View||N/A|
|11/5/2015||Q315||($0.41)||($0.39)||$4.50 million||$1.70 million||View||Listen|
|8/5/2015||Q215||($0.46)||($0.40)||$1.66 million||$3.25 million||View||Listen|
|5/8/2015||Q115||($0.38)||($0.48)||$2.70 million||$1.30 million||View||Listen|
|2/27/2015||Q414||($0.60)||($0.48)||$1.77 million||$1.31 million||View||N/A|
|11/12/2014||Q314||($0.45)||($0.43)||$1.67 million||$4.40 million||View||N/A|
|8/12/2014||Q214||($0.40)||($0.45)||$1.30 million||$1.20 million||View||N/A|
|5/14/2014||Q114||($0.49)||($0.76)||$0.44 million||$1.61 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Concert Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:CNCE)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-2.04 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-2.12 EPS
Dividend History for Concert Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:CNCE)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Concert Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:CNCE)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 10.10%Insider Trades by Quarter for Concert Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:CNCE)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 61.62%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|9/14/2017||Ryan Lynch||Insider||Sell||3,500||$14.51||$50,785.00|| |
|5/12/2016||Thomas G Auchincloss||Director||Buy||2,000||$10.11||$20,220.00|| |
|5/11/2016||Roger D Tung||CEO||Buy||19,610||$10.55||$206,885.50|| |
|12/16/2015||Wilfred E Jaeger||Director||Sell||10,360||$19.57||$202,745.20|| |
|12/15/2015||Wilfred E Jaeger||Director||Sell||54,572||$20.10||$1,096,897.20|| |
|12/14/2015||Pauline Mcgowan||VP||Sell||498||$20.07||$9,994.86|| |
|12/14/2015||Wilfred E Jaeger||Director||Sell||3,922||$20.09||$78,792.98|| |
|11/9/2015||Ronald W. Barrett||Director||Sell||17,699||$22.27||$394,156.73|| |
|11/2/2015||Nancy Stuart||COO||Sell||23,216||$24.29||$563,916.64|| |
|9/18/2015||Robert Silverman||VP||Sell||10,000||$20.00||$200,000.00|| |
|9/10/2015||Wilfred E Jaeger||Director||Sell||120,000||$18.22||$2,186,400.00|| |
|8/18/2015||Wilfred E Jaeger||Director||Sell||760,000||$15.81||$12,015,600.00|| |
|8/13/2015||Wilfred E Jaeger||Director||Sell||92,215||$16.75||$1,544,601.25|| |
|8/12/2015||Wilfred E Jaeger||Director||Sell||97,785||$17.49||$1,710,259.65|| |
|6/8/2015||Robert Silverman||VP||Sell||5,000||$16.35||$81,750.00|| |
|3/11/2015||Nancy Stuart||COO||Sell||46,430||$15.00||$696,450.00|| |
|3/11/2015||Pauline Mcgowan||VP||Sell||5,973||$16.00||$95,568.00|| |
|3/10/2015||Pauline Mcgowan||VP||Sell||22,122||$13.90||$307,495.80|| |
|11/18/2014||Three Arch Management Iv, L.L.||Director||Sell||250,000||$12.29||$3,072,500.00|| |
|2/20/2014||Skyline Venture Partners Quali||Major Shareholder||Buy||150,000||$14.00||$2,100,000.00|| |
|2/19/2014||Life Science Ventures Vi G Tvm||Director||Buy||89,000||$14.00||$1,246,000.00|| |
|2/19/2014||Plc Glaxosmithkline||Major Shareholder||Buy||35,000||$14.00||$490,000.00|| |
Headline Trends for Concert Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:CNCE)
Latest Headlines for Concert Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:CNCE)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Concert Pharmaceuticals (CNCE) Chart for Sunday, October, 22, 2017