About Energy Recovery (NASDAQ:ERII)
Energy Recovery, Inc. is an energy solutions provider to industrial fluid flow markets. The Company's solutions convert wasted pressure energy into a reusable asset and preserve or eliminate pumping technology in hostile processing environments. Its segments include Water, Oil & Gas, and Corporate. The Water Segment focuses on products sold for use in reverse osmosis water desalination. The Oil & Gas Segment consists of products sold for use in hydraulic fracturing, gas processing, and chemical processing. The Company offers energy recovery devices (ERDs) in the water desalination market with its pressure exchanger (PX) and turbocharger technologies. The Company offers VorTeq hydraulic fracturing system, IsoBoost, and IsoGen product lines to the oil and gas market. The Company's customers include engineering, procurement and construction companies, original equipment manufacturers, international oil companies, national oil companies, and exploration and production companies.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Industrial Products
- Industry: Industrial Machinery
- Sub-Industry: Industrial Machinery
- Symbol: NASDAQ:ERII
- CUSIP: 29270J10
- Web: www.energyrecovery.com
- Market Cap: $441.47 million
- Outstanding Shares: 53,576,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $7.57
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $7.62
- 52 Week Range: $6.13 - $14.48
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 278.97
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 23.79
- P/E Growth: 1.07
- Annual Revenue: $55.87 million
- Price / Sales: 7.76
- Book Value: $1.22 per share
- Price / Book: 6.63
- EBITDA: $3.95 million
- Net Margins: 3.07%
- Return on Equity: 2.43%
- Return on Assets: 1.07%
- Current Ratio: 7.37%
- Quick Ratio: 6.97%
- Average Volume: 425,380 shs.
- Beta: 5.54
- Short Ratio: 22.03
Frequently Asked Questions for Energy Recovery (NASDAQ:ERII)
What is Energy Recovery's stock symbol?
Energy Recovery trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "ERII."
How will Energy Recovery's stock buyback program work?
Energy Recovery announced that its board has approved a share repurchase program on Wednesday, April 12th 2017, which authorizes the company to buyback $15,000,000.00 in shares, according to EventVestor. This buyback authorization authorizes the company to buy up to 3.4% of its stock through open market purchases. Stock buyback programs are generally an indication that the company's management believes its stock is undervalued.
How were Energy Recovery's earnings last quarter?
Energy Recovery, Inc. (NASDAQ:ERII) posted its quarterly earnings data on Wednesday, August, 2nd. The company reported ($0.01) earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, hitting the consensus estimate of ($0.01). The company earned $12.20 million during the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $14.99 million. Energy Recovery had a net margin of 3.07% and a return on equity of 2.43%. The firm's revenue for the quarter was down 7.6% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter last year, the business earned $0.01 EPS. View Energy Recovery's Earnings History.
When will Energy Recovery make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Energy Recovery's stock going? Where will Energy Recovery's stock price be in 2017?
7 brokerages have issued 12-month price objectives for Energy Recovery's shares. Their predictions range from $12.00 to $20.00. On average, they expect Energy Recovery's share price to reach $16.57 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Energy Recovery.
What are analysts saying about Energy Recovery stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Energy Recovery stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Based in San Leandro, California, ENERGY RECOVERY, INC. is a leading global developer and manufacturer of highly efficient energy recovery devices utilized in the water desalination industry. Energy Recovery, Inc. operates primarily in the sea water reverse osmosis segment of the desalination industry.ERI manufactures ultra-high efficiency recovery products and technology, specifically the ERI PX Pressure Exchanger, that are among the enabling technologies driving the rapid growth in seawater reverse osmosis desalination, and are helping to make desalination affordable worldwide. " (7/10/2017)
- 2. FBR & Co analysts commented, "Last week, we hosted President and CEO Joel Gay, CFO Chris Gannon, and Managing Director, IR and Corporate Development Brian Uhlmer in meetings with clients. We heard encouraging updates across all three of the oil & gas division's current initiatives: design finalization and construction of the Gen-II missile in time for the VorTeq system to attempt its delayed first milestone (M1) in 3Q17; introduction this year of the second PX-derivative product for the oil & gas sector; and monetization traction in the GCC Middle East for the IsoBoost/IsoGen lines. At its present level, the stock is valuing these oil & gas opportunities, in aggregate, at ~$1/share and thus proffering a very attractive risk/reward entry point, in our view. ERII's water division and net cash position are worth $4.50 and $1.83, by our estimates." (3/28/2017)
- 3. Evercore ISI analysts commented, " A relatively new entrant to the OFS space, Energy Recovery is an energy solutions provider who leverages its expertise in fluid dynamics and advanced material sciences to arbitrage pressure energy. Through its IP-protected Pressure Exchanger (PX) technology, along with its various derivatives, Energy Recovery aims to create markets to preserve or eliminate pumps that are subject to, and destroyed by, hostile process fluids, and to convert wasted pressure energy into a reusable asset. In doing so, ERII seeks to reduce customer opex, capex, and downtime, allowing for quicker customer payback periods and significant margins and returns for ERII. While the company looks to diversify its story and investment case, investors will likely continue to focus on the VorTeq's path to commercialization, given the large potential NPV impact. According to our math, the current share price appraises a minimal likelihood of success, which we deem overly pessimistic, while acknowledging that many investors are likely willing to sacrifice initial upside and wait until M1 is achieved in 2H17 and more clarity is provided as to M2 and the commercialization timeline. We remain confident in commercialization and rate the shares Outperform with a $20 PT." (3/15/2017)
Who are some of Energy Recovery's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Energy Recovery include Fairmount Santrol Holdings (FMSA), NN (NNBR), Columbus McKinnon Corporation (CMCO), TPI Composites (TPIC), Ituran Location and Control (ITRN), Casella Waste Systems (CWST), Global Brass and Copper Holdings (BRSS), Myers Industries (MYE), Unifi (UFI), Landauer (LDR), Plug Power (PLUG), Titan International (TWI), Park-Ohio Holdings Corp. (PKOH), DXP Enterprises (DXPE), Net 1 UEPS Technologies (UEPS), Kornit Digital (KRNT), Insteel Industries (IIIN) and Heritage-Crystal Clean (HCCI).
Who are Energy Recovery's key executives?
Energy Recovery's management team includes the folowing people:
- Hans Peter Michelet, Independent Chairman of the Board
- Joel Gay, President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Chris M. Gannon, Chief Financial Officer
- Sharon Smith-Lenox CPA, Corporate Controller, Chief Accounting Officer
- Nocair Bensalah, Vice President - Operations
- Rodney Clemente, Vice President - Global Desalination Sales
- Eric O. Siebert, Vice President - Corporate Strategy
- Emily Smith, Vice President - Marketing
- Andrew B. Stroud Jr., Vice President of Human Resources
- William Yeung, General Counsel
Who owns Energy Recovery stock?
Energy Recovery's stock is owned by many different of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include Nationwide Fund Advisors (0.04%). Company insiders that own Energy Recovery stock include Alexander J Buehler, Andrew B Stroud Jr, Arve Hanstveit, Chris M Gannon, Eric Siebert, Hans Peter Michelet, Juan Otero, Olav Fjell, Robert Yu Lang Mao and William Yeung. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Energy Recovery.
Who sold Energy Recovery stock? Who is selling Energy Recovery stock?
How do I buy Energy Recovery stock?
Shares of Energy Recovery can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Energy Recovery's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Energy Recovery (NASDAQ ERII)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Energy Recovery and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Energy Recovery stock can currently be purchased for approximately $8.09.
Earnings History for Energy Recovery (NASDAQ:ERII)Earnings History by Quarter for Energy Recovery (NASDAQ ERII)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/2/2017||Q2 2017||($0.01)||($0.01)||$14.99 million||$12.20 million||View||Listen|
|5/3/2017||Q1 2017||$0.01||($0.01)||$15.15 million||$12.26 million||View||Listen|
|3/8/2017||Q4 2016||$0.03||$0.06||$13.15 million||$17.90 million||View||Listen|
|11/2/2016||Q316||$0.11||($0.01)||$14.53 million||$11.02 million||View||Listen|
|8/3/2016||Q2||($0.05)||$0.01||$10.34 million||$13.20 million||View||Listen|
|11/5/2015||Q3||($0.01)||($0.01)||$9.01 million||$12.10 million||View||Listen|
|8/6/2015||Q2||($0.09)||($0.01)||$9.16 million||$10.50 million||View||Listen|
|5/7/2015||Q115||($0.04)||($0.16)||$9.30 million||$5.90 million||View||Listen|
|3/5/2015||Q414||$0.04||($0.09)||$16.60 million||$14.80 million||View||Listen|
|11/10/2014||Q314||($0.10)||($0.11)||$7.90 million||$5.34 million||View||Listen|
|8/6/2014||Q214||($0.05)||($0.09)||$6.94 million||$6.41 million||View||Listen|
|5/7/2014||Q114||($0.02)||($0.07)||$8.77 million||$3.90 million||View||Listen|
|3/5/2014||Q413||$0.08||$0.13||$21.37 million||$23.24 million||View||Listen|
|11/7/2013||Q313||($0.02)||($0.08)||$9.85 million||$4.90 million||View||Listen|
|7/31/2013||Q2 2013||($0.06)||($0.03)||$7.97 million||$8.57 million||View||Listen|
|5/8/2013||Q1 2013||($0.05)||($0.09)||$7.35 million||$6.40 million||View||Listen|
|3/6/2013||Q4 2012||($0.02)||($0.04)||$13.69 million||$15.10 million||View||Listen|
|11/7/2012||Q312||($0.02)||($0.04)||$12.21 million||$10.50 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Energy Recovery (NASDAQ:ERII)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.47
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.36
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Energy Recovery (NASDAQ:ERII)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Energy Recovery (NASDAQ:ERII)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 23.60%Insider Trades by Quarter for Energy Recovery (NASDAQ:ERII)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 33.75%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|9/14/2017||Olav Fjell||Director||Buy||18,000||$7.08||$127,440.00|| |
|3/14/2017||Robert Yu Lang Mao||Director||Buy||20,000||$7.53||$150,600.00|| |
|3/14/2017||William Yeung||General Counsel||Buy||3,298||$7.58||$24,998.84|| |
|11/8/2016||William Yeung||General Counsel||Buy||4,770||$10.10||$48,177.00|| |
|8/15/2016||Alexander J Buehler||Director||Sell||500||$13.01||$6,505.00|| |
|8/11/2016||Alexander J Buehler||Director||Sell||24,500||$13.05||$319,725.00|| |
|8/9/2016||Alexander J Buehler||Director||Sell||5,000||$13.00||$65,000.00|| |
|6/15/2016||Hans Peter Michelet||Director||Sell||150,000||$9.14||$1,371,000.00|| |
|6/6/2016||Chris M Gannon||CFO||Buy||6,350||$10.96||$69,596.00|| |
|5/24/2016||Eric Siebert||VP||Buy||21,389||$9.51||$203,409.39|| |
|5/17/2016||Andrew B Stroud Jr||VP||Sell||2,700||$11.11||$29,997.00|| |
|4/20/2016||Arve Hanstveit||Director||Sell||50,000||$12.59||$629,500.00|| |
|3/21/2016||Arve Hanstveit||Director||Sell||27,900||$10.11||$282,069.00|| |
|3/11/2016||Robert Yu Lang Mao||Director||Buy||40,000||$9.45||$378,000.00|| |
|3/10/2016||Alexander J Buehler||Director||Sell||30,000||$9.79||$293,700.00|| |
|3/9/2016||Arve Hanstveit||Director||Sell||60,000||$8.63||$517,800.00|| |
|12/15/2015||Juan Otero||Insider||Buy||6,715||$7.04||$47,273.60|| |
|11/20/2015||Hans Peter Michelet||Director||Sell||69,700||$7.00||$487,900.00|| |
|11/17/2015||Hans Peter Michelet||Director||Sell||26,400||$7.32||$193,248.00|| |
|11/13/2015||Hans Peter Michelet||Director||Sell||13,600||$7.74||$105,264.00|| |
|3/12/2015||Alexander J Buehler||Director||Buy||120,000||$2.81||$337,200.00|| |
|3/12/2015||Ole Peter Lorentzen||Major Shareholder||Buy||200,000||$2.74||$548,000.00|| |
|3/11/2015||Andrew B Stroud Jr||VP||Buy||1,700||$2.83||$4,811.00|| |
|11/12/2014||Ole Peter Lorentzen||Major Shareholder||Buy||158,907||$4.52||$718,259.64|| |
|11/6/2014||Ole Peter Lorentzen||Major Shareholder||Buy||197,200||$4.26||$840,072.00|| |
|9/3/2014||Ole Peter Lorentzen||Major Shareholder||Buy||735,000||$4.38||$3,219,300.00|| |
|5/30/2014||Dominique Trempont||Director||Buy||21,571||$5.15||$111,090.65|| |
|5/27/2014||Dominique Trempont||Director||Buy||39,566||$4.74||$187,542.84|| |
|5/21/2014||Robert Yu Lang Mao||Director||Buy||50,000||$4.57||$228,500.00|| |
|5/7/2014||Ole Peter Lorentzen||major shareholder||Buy||1,000,000||$5.21||$5,210,000.00|| |
|3/26/2014||Fred Olav Johannessen||Director||Sell||180,000||$5.46||$982,800.00|| |
|3/11/2014||Arve Hanstveit||Director||Sell||80,000||$6.01||$480,800.00|| |
|2/18/2014||Ole Peter Lorentzen||major shareholder||Buy||100,000||$4.17||$417,000.00|| |
|12/2/2013||Hans Peter Michelet||Director||Sell||20,300||$5.01||$101,703.00|| |
|11/13/2013||Dominique Trempont||Director||Buy||64,622||$4.64||$299,846.08|| |
|8/30/2013||Arve Hanstveit||Director||Buy||80,800||$5.13||$414,504.00|| |
|5/14/2013||Dominique Trempont||Director||Buy||57,143||$3.50||$200,000.50|| |
Headline Trends for Energy Recovery (NASDAQ:ERII)
Latest Headlines for Energy Recovery (NASDAQ:ERII)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Energy Recovery (ERII) Chart for Tuesday, October, 24, 2017