Groupon, Inc. operates online local commerce marketplaces throughout the world that connect merchants to consumers by offering goods and services at a discount. The Company operates through three segments: North America, which represents the United States and Canada; EMEA, which consists of Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and international operations (Rest of World). It offers deals on goods and services in approximately three categories: Local Deals (Local), Groupon Goods (Goods) and Groupon Getaways (Travel). Collectively, Local and Travel consists of its services offerings and Goods, which the Company refers as Shopping, which reflect its product offerings. In its Goods category, the Company acts as the merchant of record, particularly for deals in North America and in EMEA. It offers deals on products for which it acts as the merchant of record. It acts as a marketing agent by selling vouchers (Groupons) that can be redeemed for products or services with third party merchants.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Retail/Wholesale
- Industry: Internet Information Providers
- Sub-Industry: Internet Retail
- Exchange: NASDAQ
- Symbol: GRPN
- CUSIP: 39947310
- Previous Close: $4.42
- 50 Day Moving Average: $3.71
- 200 Day Moving Average: $4.42
- 52-Week Range: $2.92 - $5.94
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 24.56
- P/E Growth: 1.61
- Market Cap: $2.51B
- Outstanding Shares: 573,562,000
- Beta: 1.33
- Net Margins: -6.03%
- Return on Equity: -29.46%
- Return on Assets: -6.77%
Companies Related to Groupon:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.53%
- Current Ratio: 0.92%
- Quick Ratio: 0.92%
What is Groupon's stock symbol?
Groupon trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "GRPN."
Where is Groupon's stock going? Where will Groupon's stock price be in 2017?
17 brokers have issued 12 month price targets for Groupon's shares. Their predictions range from $3.90 to $6.50. On average, they anticipate Groupon's stock price to reach $5.01 in the next year.
When will Groupon announce their earnings?
Groupon is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Wednesday, April, 26th 2017.
What are analysts saying about Groupon stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Groupon stock:
According to Zacks Investment Research, "Groupon continues to see strength in its customer acquisition and shopping endeavors, aimed at developing its local core business. The impressive fourth-quarter results reflected this trend. Additionally, Groupon has increased its marketing spend, which should boost business to a great extent in the long run. However, we note that the stock has underperformed the broader market over the last one year. Groupon is investing quite a bit in the transition, which is expected to affect its near-term financials. Further, the company is yet to report significant profits, which is a concern for the investors. Moreover, intensifying competition and impending lawsuits are other headwinds." (2/22/2017)
- Macquarie analysts commented, "GRPN continues to show progress against its key strategic priorities, and this mgmt team's disciplined/focused approach coupled w/the large fragmented TAM in online local underpin our OP rating on the stock. We see potential for organic N.A. local trends to re-accelerate over the next few quarters driven by recent consumer/merchant product improvements and investment in improving avg customer frequency; LT, there is also some potential for Intl. Our revised $5.50 price target implies 11.5x '17 EV/EBITDA, adj. for GRPN's $451mm merchant payable, and gives no credit for TMON or any future exited country sales." (2/16/2017)
- Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "GRPN delivered a beat quarter and mgmt provided guidance (largely in line with expectations) based on the country footprint expected after the completion of int'l rationalization. Mgmt made good progress on its strategic initiatives and focus in 2017 remains on further streamlining the business, growing the customer base and improving the user experience - all expected to get GRPN back to positive EBITDA and FCF growth. We maintain our Hold and raise PT to $5." (2/16/2017)
- Wedbush analysts commented, "We expect steady progress on growth initiatives will likely result in low-double-digit earnings growth, as restructuring is lapped and larger cohorts continue to stack. However, we are downgrading to NEUTRAL from OUTPERFORM as the stock has achieved our price target." (2/16/2017)
- Evercore ISI analysts commented, "In Line on Revenue and Below on CSOI. We are in line with the Street on 4Q16 billings at $1.7bn (down 1% y/y) and on net revenue at $917mm (flat y/ y). However, we are slightly lower than Street at $21mm for CSOI (down 37% y/ y and 5.7% of revenue) and $0.04 for adj. EPS vs. Street at $24mm and $0.03 respectively. Mixed intra-quarter traffic data supports this conservatism in addition to survey data that suggests low net promoter scores. For 2017, we expect net revenue of $1.4bn (2% y/y and 1% below Street) on billings of $6.3bn (3% y/y), and for the bottom-line CSOI of $105mm (7.7% of revenue). While Groupon valuation looks fairly inexpensive on a multiple-to-billings or revenues, it is important to not lose sight of the fact that global billings and revenues are not growing, as the company looks to reposition itself in fewer key markets, while GAAP EPS remains negative. Further, although the company does appear to have ample cash reserve (~$700mm), there are roughly $600mm in accrued merchant payables on roughly break-even FCF. As such, at a minimum, we see the high level of volatility for Groupon shares as continuing. Our $5.00 target (unchanged), implies the shares can trade at 0.35x EV / 2018 billings, or 0.7x EV / 2018 revenue, and 32x 2018 adj. P/E, though offering little valuation support on a GAAP P/E basis until 2021 (41x)." (2/13/2017)
Who owns Groupon stock?
Groupon's stock is owned by a number of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include FMR LLC (14.79%), Renaissance Technologies LLC (2.19%), Allianz Asset Management AG (1.20%), State Street Corp (1.15%), AQR Capital Management LLC (0.40%) and Menta Capital LLC (0.23%). Company insiders that own Groupon stock include Bradley A Keywell, Brian Stevens, Dane A Drobny, Eric P Lefkofsky, James Sullivan, Peter J Barris, Sri Viswanath and Theodore Leonsis.
Who sold Groupon stock? Who is selling Groupon stock?
Groupon's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Renaissance Technologies LLC, FMR LLC, AQR Capital Management LLC, Allianz Asset Management AG, Commerzbank Aktiengesellschaft FI, State Board of Administration of Florida Retirement System, Formidable Asset Management LLC and Capstone Investment Advisors LLC. Company insiders that have sold Groupon stock in the last year include Brian Stevens, Dane A Drobny, James Sullivan and Peter J Barris.
Who bought Groupon stock? Who is buying Groupon stock?
Groupon's stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Menta Capital LLC, TCS Capital Management LLC, State Street Corp, Putnam Investments LLC, Russell Investments Group Ltd., A.R.T. Advisors LLC, Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services Inc. and Tudor Investment Corp Et Al.
How do I buy Groupon stock?
Shares of Groupon can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Groupon stock cost?
One share of Groupon stock can currently be purchased for approximately $4.42.