About IPG Photonics (NASDAQ:IPGP)
IPG Photonics Corporation develops and manufactures a range of high-performance fiber lasers, fiber amplifiers, and diode lasers used in various applications primarily in materials processing worldwide. The company's laser products include low, medium, and high power lasers; fiber pigtailed packaged diodes and fiber coupled direct diode laser systems; high-energy pulsed lasers, multi-wavelength and tunable lasers, and single-polarization and single-frequency lasers; laser diode chips and packaged laser diodes; and high power optical fiber delivery cables, fiber couplers, beam switches, chillers, scanners, and other accessories. It also provides erbium-doped fiber and Raman amplifiers, and integrated communications systems, which are deployed in broadband networks, such as fiber to the home, fiber to the curb, passive optical networks, and dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM) networks; ytterbium and thulium specialty fiber amplifiers and broadband light sources; and single-frequency, linearly polarized, and polarization-maintaining versions of its amplifier products. In addition, the company offers interconnect, coarse wavelength division multiplexing, DWDM, and tunable-based pluggable interfaces to serve optical transmission needs; integrated laser systems; 2D flat sheet cutter systems and multi-axis systems; welding seam stepper and picker, a fiber laser welding tool; and specialized fiber laser systems for material processing applications. Its lasers and amplifiers are also used in materials processing, advanced communications, and medical applications. The company markets its products to original equipment manufacturers, system integrators, and end users through direct sales force, as well as through agreements with independent sales representatives and distributors. IPG Photonics Corporation was founded in 1990 and is headquartered in Oxford, Massachusetts.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Semiconductors & related devices
Sub-IndustryElectronic Manufacturing Services
SectorComputer and Technology
Trailing P/E Ratio33.19
Forward P/E Ratio28.42
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$1.41 billion
Price / Sales9.18
Cash Flow$9.5136 per share
Price / Cash25.33
Book Value$37.72 per share
Price / Book6.39
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)$7.26
Net Income$347.61 million
Return on Equity21.59%
Return on Assets18.73%
IPG Photonics (NASDAQ:IPGP) Frequently Asked Questions
What is IPG Photonics' stock symbol?
IPG Photonics trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "IPGP."
How were IPG Photonics' earnings last quarter?
IPG Photonics Co. (NASDAQ:IPGP) issued its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, May, 1st. The semiconductor company reported $1.93 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of $1.80 by $0.13. The semiconductor company had revenue of $359.90 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $346.35 million. IPG Photonics had a net margin of 25.56% and a return on equity of 21.59%. The firm's quarterly revenue was up 25.9% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the prior year, the company earned $1.38 EPS. View IPG Photonics' Earnings History.
When is IPG Photonics' next earnings date?
What guidance has IPG Photonics issued on next quarter's earnings?
IPG Photonics issued an update on its second quarter earnings guidance on Tuesday, May, 1st. The company provided earnings per share (EPS) guidance of $2.05-2.35 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus EPS estimate of $2.16. The company issued revenue guidance of $400-430 million, compared to the consensus revenue estimate of $407.53 million.
What price target have analysts set for IPGP?
7 analysts have issued 12 month price targets for IPG Photonics' shares. Their forecasts range from $235.00 to $294.00. On average, they expect IPG Photonics' share price to reach $274.00 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for IPG Photonics.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about IPG Photonics stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about IPG Photonics stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "IPG Photonics reported impressive first-quarter 2018 results. The company is benefiting from strong adoption of fiber lasers over conventional lasers as well as non-laser cutting and welding equipment. Moreover, secular transition to high powered products and increased electric vehicle battery production primarily drive the increased adoption of the high powered lasers. The company is gaining in China, Europe, North America and Japan. Further, its vertically integrated business model is helping IPG keep costs down. Acquisitions like Menara Networks and ILT have helped portfolio expansion. Shares have outperformed the industry in the past year. However, volatility faced by materials processing markets, customer concentration and significant China exposure remain major headwinds." (5/23/2018)
- 2. Benchmark Co. analysts commented, "We hosted meetings between mid-West investors and IPG. The meetings focused on growth expectations, new products, and the competitive landscape." (5/21/2018)
- 3. Canaccord Genuity analysts commented, "We believe guidance may be conservative given healthy demand for systems, high power, and additive manufacturing among other drivers, noting consumer electronics represents less than 10% of IPGP’s total revenue. Even with these positives, we believe IPGP will be range bound given decelerating Y/Y growth expected through Q3 and the fact that IPGP remains well off trough multiples. Our estimates are largely unchanged and our price target remains $235. Investment highlights IPGP reported Q1/18 earnings results of $359.9M in revenues and $1.93 in EPS. Results for the quarter exceeded CG estimates of $332.5M/$1.75, consensus of $346M/$1.79 and guidance of between $330M and $355M in revenues and EPS in the range of $1.62 to $1.87 on stronger than anticipated top line growth and gross margins." (5/1/2018)
Who are some of IPG Photonics' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to IPG Photonics include Applied Materials (AMAT), NXP Semiconductors (NXPI), Analog Devices (ADI), Infineon Technologies (IFNNY), TOKYO ELECTRON/ADR (TOELY), Microchip Technology (MCHP), STMicroelectronics (STM), Kyocera (KYO), Skyworks Solutions (SWKS), Xilinx (XLNX), Maxim Integrated Products (MXIM), Advanced Micro Devices (AMD), Marvell Technology Group (MRVL), ON Semiconductor (ON) and Qorvo (QRVO).
Who are IPG Photonics' key executives?
IPG Photonics' management team includes the folowing people:
- Dr. Valentin P. Gapontsev, Founder, Chairman & CEO (Age 79)
- Mr. Timothy P. V. Mammen, Sr. VP & CFO (Age 48)
- Dr. Eugene Scherbakov, COO, Sr. VP of Europe & Director (Age 70)
- Mr. Angelo P. Lopresti II, Gen. Counsel, Sr. VP and Sec. (Age 54)
- Mr. Trevor D. Ness, Sr. VP of Worldwide Sales & Marketing (Age 45)
Has IPG Photonics been receiving favorable news coverage?
News coverage about IPGP stock has trended somewhat negative recently, according to Accern Sentiment Analysis. The research group scores the sentiment of news coverage by reviewing more than twenty million news and blog sources in real-time. Accern ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of negative one to positive one, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. IPG Photonics earned a news sentiment score of -0.13 on Accern's scale. They also assigned news headlines about the semiconductor company an impact score of 45.69 out of 100, meaning that recent news coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the stock's share price in the near future.
Who are IPG Photonics' major shareholders?
IPG Photonics' stock is owned by a number of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include BlackRock Inc. (5.32%), Eagle Asset Management Inc. (1.29%), Carillon Tower Advisers Inc. (1.10%), JPMorgan Chase & Co. (0.95%), Guggenheim Capital LLC (0.86%) and BRILLIANCE ASSET MANAGEMENT Ltd (0.85%). Company insiders that own IPG Photonics stock include Alexander Ovtchinnikov, Angelo P Lopresti, Catherine P Lego, Eugene A Shcherbakov, Henry E Gauthier, Igor Samartsev, John R Peeler, Thomas J Seifert, Timothy Pv Mammen, Trevor Ness, Valentin Gapontsev Trust I and William S Hurley. View Institutional Ownership Trends for IPG Photonics.
Which major investors are selling IPG Photonics stock?
IPGP stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including BlackRock Inc., Prudential Financial Inc., BRILLIANCE ASSET MANAGEMENT Ltd, Principal Financial Group Inc., Principal Financial Group Inc., Eagle Asset Management Inc., Massachusetts Financial Services Co. MA and Reynders McVeigh Capital Management LLC. Company insiders that have sold IPG Photonics company stock in the last year include Alexander Ovtchinnikov, Angelo P Lopresti, Eugene A Shcherbakov, Henry E Gauthier, Igor Samartsev, John R Peeler, Timothy Pv Mammen, Trevor Ness, Valentin Gapontsev Trust I and William S Hurley. View Insider Buying and Selling for IPG Photonics.
Which major investors are buying IPG Photonics stock?
IPGP stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Guggenheim Capital LLC, KEYWISE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT Ltd, Legal & General Group Plc, Rockefeller Capital Management L.P., Summit Trail Advisors LLC, Barclays PLC, Motley Fool Asset Management LLC and Northern Trust Corp. View Insider Buying and Selling for IPG Photonics.
How do I buy shares of IPG Photonics?
Shares of IPGP can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is IPG Photonics' stock price today?
One share of IPGP stock can currently be purchased for approximately $240.98.
How big of a company is IPG Photonics?
IPG Photonics has a market capitalization of $12.94 billion and generates $1.41 billion in revenue each year. The semiconductor company earns $347.61 million in net income (profit) each year or $7.26 on an earnings per share basis. IPG Photonics employs 5,030 workers across the globe.
How can I contact IPG Photonics?
IPG Photonics' mailing address is 50 OLD WEBSTER ROAD, OXFORD MA, 01540. The semiconductor company can be reached via phone at 508-373-1100.
MarketBeat Community Rating for IPG Photonics (IPGP)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about IPG Photonics and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe IPGP will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe IPGP will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.