About Intuitive Surgical
Intuitive Surgical, Inc. (Intuitive) designs, manufactures and markets da Vinci Surgical Systems, and related instruments and accessories. The Company's da Vinci Surgical System consists of a surgeon's console, a patient-side cart and a vision system. The da Vinci Surgical System translates a surgeon's hand movements, which are performed on instrument controls at a console, into corresponding micro-movements of instruments positioned inside the patient through small incisions or ports. The da Vinci Surgical System provides its operating surgeons with control, range of motion, tissue manipulation solution and three-dimensional (3-D), high-definition vision. It allows surgeons to work through the small ports enabled by minimally invasive surgery procedures. Its da Vinci Surgery utilizes computational, robotic and imaging technologies. It focuses on five surgical specialties: gynecologic surgery, urologic surgery, general surgery, cardiothoracic surgery, and head and neck surgery.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Medical Appliances & Equipment
- Sub-Industry: Health Care Equipment
- Exchange: NASDAQ
- Symbol: ISRG
- CUSIP: 46120E60
- Previous Close: $735.35
- 50 Day Moving Average: $685.56
- 200 Day Moving Average: $676.58
- 52-Week Range: $546.45 - $736.63
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 39.26
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 27.72
- P/E Growth: 2.61
- Market Cap: $28.52B
- Outstanding Shares: 38,786,000
- Beta: 0.55
- Net Margins: 27.21%
- Return on Equity: 14.24%
- Return on Assets: 12.74%
Companies Related to Intuitive Surgical:
- Current Ratio: 5.45%
- Quick Ratio: 5.14%
What is Intuitive Surgical's stock symbol?
Intuitive Surgical trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "ISRG."
Where is Intuitive Surgical's stock going? Where will Intuitive Surgical's stock price be in 2017?
19 analysts have issued 12-month price targets for Intuitive Surgical's stock. Their forecasts range from $600.00 to $800.00. On average, they expect Intuitive Surgical's share price to reach $735.93 in the next year.
When will Intuitive Surgical announce their earnings?
Intuitive Surgical is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Monday, April, 17th 2017.
What are analysts saying about Intuitive Surgical stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Intuitive Surgical stock:
- Canaccord Genuity analysts commented, "ISRG is shaping up to be one of the most compelling large-cap med-tech stocks in the sector, in our view; thus, we stay buyers of the stock. Coming off one of the most impressive years in its nearly two-decade run - delivering 13% revenue growth and 26% pro-forma EPS growth, and building its cash position to ~$5 Billion ' ISRG outlined in detail what we believe is the most robust new product pipeline in its history (which we discuss in detail below). Granted, the firm guided to a significant ramp in OpEx in 2017 (+15-18% Y/Y) - primary R&D spending (i.e. $80M in accelerated R&D projects in 2017) - to fund important clinical trials (cost/economic studies, molecular imaging), augment development of key projects (catheter robotics, new molecular imaging modalities, diagnostics/biopsy platform) and 'grease' the regulatory machinery around the world (China, Japan, Brazil, and US). This will undoubtedly tamp down pro forma EPS growth in 2017E (we now model 5% Y/Y vs. 13% previously); however, we think the launch of SP during 2017, coupled with OpEx leverage (as the R&D surge abates next year), will accelerate EPS growth back to the mid-teens at least in 2018E (we model 16% Y/ Y growth). With a few of the aforementioned, unique, compelling new revenue drivers poised to join the party in 2019 and beyond, we think bears will find it hard to bet against the 'Surge.' To wit, we view the current spending surge as a bullish indication, positively reinforcing how management views business trends playing out over the next several years. We reiterate a Buy rating and $800 target price (which excludes over $75 in cash/share after the $2B accelerated share repurchase slated for immediate execution)." (1/25/2017)
According to Zacks Investment Research, "Over the past one year Intuitive Surgical has outperformed the broader industry trends in terms of price performance. Additionally, a favorable estimate revision trend for the current year holds considerable promise for the stock. Intuitive Surgical has been gaining prominence in the niche markets, courtesy of the growing adoption of the da Vinci system (a surgical platform) among physicians and overall growth in global procedures. Furthermore, incremental spending on product development and higher investments in international markets are prudent moves that will drive long-term growth. However, Intuitive Surgical faces the risk of lower capital spending by hospitals. Thus a major source of risk is pricing pressure. Additionally, challenging foreign exchange movements are likely to mar prospects." (1/17/2017)
J P Morgan Chase & Co analysts commented, "Over the weekend, we attended the second annual Global Symposium on Robotic Assisted and Minimally Invasive Hernia Repair, which was a gathering of >250 general surgeons in New York. The meeting was positive for Intuitive Surgical (ISRG), as interest in robotic hernia repair has increased since last year, with a number of presentations highlighting both clinical and cost data, while there was broader acknowledgement that robotics is the future for hernia repair (including by ISRG’s Chief Medical Officer, who not surprisingly, spoke positively about potential future adoption, with potential for it to eventually reach 40-50% penetration). Following the conference, along with our recent physician survey (see note here), we are increasingly confident that hernia is a legitimate opportunity for ISRG, and should continue to be a primary driver of sustainable procedure growth over the near to intermediate term." (9/20/2016)
Who owns Intuitive Surgical stock?
Intuitive Surgical's stock is owned by many different of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include FMR LLC (5.67%), State Street Corp (4.21%), Baillie Gifford & Co. (4.03%), Brown Advisory Inc. (1.92%), Edgewood Management LLC (1.71%) and Janus Capital Management LLC (0.61%). Company insiders that own Intuitive Surgical stock include Alan J Levy, Amal M Johnson, Colin Morales, Curet Myriam, David J Rosa, Eric H Halvorson, Gary S Guthart, George Stalk Jr, Jamie Samath, Jerome J Mcnamara, Lonnie M Smith, Mark J Meltzer, Marshall Mohr and Salvatore Brogna.
Who sold Intuitive Surgical stock? Who is selling Intuitive Surgical stock?
Intuitive Surgical's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including FMR LLC, Orbimed Advisors LLC, Brown Advisory Inc., Two Sigma Investments LP, Credit Agricole S A, Baird Financial Group Inc., Baillie Gifford & Co. and Denver Investment Advisors LLC. Company insiders that have sold Intuitive Surgical stock in the last year include Alan J Levy, Amal M Johnson, Colin Morales, Curet Myriam, David J Rosa, Eric H Halvorson, Gary S Guthart, George Stalk Jr, Jamie Samath, Lonnie M Smith, Mark J Meltzer, Marshall Mohr and Salvatore Brogna.
Who bought Intuitive Surgical stock? Who is buying Intuitive Surgical stock?
Intuitive Surgical's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Renaissance Technologies LLC, State Street Corp, Janus Capital Management LLC, Asset Management One Co. Ltd., Russell Investments Group Ltd., NN Investment Partners Holdings N.V., Guggenheim Capital LLC and Flinton Capital Management LLC.
How do I buy Intuitive Surgical stock?
Shares of Intuitive Surgical can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Intuitive Surgical stock cost?
One share of Intuitive Surgical stock can currently be purchased for approximately $735.35.