About MacroGenics (NASDAQ:MGNX)
MacroGenics, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering and developing monoclonal antibody-based therapeutics for the treatment of cancer, as well as various autoimmune disorders and infectious diseases. The Company develops therapeutic product candidates using its antibody-based technology platforms and also in collaboration with other biopharmaceutical companies. It has a pipeline of product candidates in human clinical testing, primarily as treatments for different types of cancers, which are created using its technology platforms. Its clinical product candidate, margetuximab, has been enhanced using its Fc Optimization platform. The Company is also developing several product candidates targeting B7-H3, a protein in the B7 family of immune regulator proteins. The Company's product candidates also include enoblituzumab and MGD009, MGC018, MGD006 (flotetuzumab), MGD007, MGD011 (duvortuxizumab), PF-06671008 and MGD010.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Bio Therapeutic Drugs
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:MGNX
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.macrogenics.com
- Market Cap: $652.43 million
- Outstanding Shares: 36,798,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $17.74
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $18.14
- 52 Week Range: $14.36 - $31.85
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -4.50
- P/E Growth: 0.01
- Annual Revenue: $12.08 million
- Price / Sales: 54.01
- Book Value: $6.31 per share
- Price / Book: 2.81
- EBITDA: ($140,860,000.00)
- Net Margins: -1,216.51%
- Return on Equity: -56.81%
- Return on Assets: -48.97%
- Current Ratio: 8.37%
- Quick Ratio: 8.37%
- Average Volume: 203,802 shs.
- Beta: 2.77
- Short Ratio: 16.21
Frequently Asked Questions for MacroGenics (NASDAQ:MGNX)
What is MacroGenics' stock symbol?
MacroGenics trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "MGNX."
How were MacroGenics' earnings last quarter?
MacroGenics, Inc. (NASDAQ:MGNX) announced its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, August, 2nd. The company reported ($1.14) earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of ($1.05) by $0.09. The business earned $1.70 million during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $15.82 million. MacroGenics had a negative net margin of 1,216.51% and a negative return on equity of 56.81%. The company's quarterly revenue was down 97.9% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period last year, the firm earned $1.12 EPS. View MacroGenics' Earnings History.
When will MacroGenics make its next earnings announcement?
Where is MacroGenics' stock going? Where will MacroGenics' stock price be in 2017?
11 brokerages have issued twelve-month target prices for MacroGenics' shares. Their predictions range from $21.00 to $44.00. On average, they expect MacroGenics' stock price to reach $31.56 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for MacroGenics.
What are analysts saying about MacroGenics stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about MacroGenics stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "MacroGenics Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company. It is focused on discovering and developing innovative monoclonal antibody-based therapeutics. The Company has a diverse portfolio of product candidates focused in three therapeutic areas: oncology, autoimmune disorders and infectious diseases. MacroGenics Inc. is headquartered in Rockville, Maryland. " (10/10/2017)
- 2. BTIG Research analysts commented, "Based upon the 4Q16 earnings call hosted last week and our follow-up conversation with management, we present an outline of expected activities during 2017. The majority of the MGNX portfolio will be entering or expanding Phase 1 studies during 2017, which will weigh potential clinical catalysts towards 2H2017 and early 2018. The most significant identified clinical read-out during 2017 will likely be the futility analysis from the Margetuximab pivotal study. We reiterate our Buy Rating but lower our Price Target to $28 from $35 as we push out Margetuximab sales expectations until 2021. A summary of events for 2017 is charted on Page 2 of this report." (3/6/2017)
- 3. Cowen and Company analysts commented, "MGNX reported 4Q16 results and provided a pipeline update." (3/1/2017)
- 4. Instinet analysts commented, "We are initiating coverage of MacroGenics with a Buy rating and $41 target price. We recommend accumulating MGNX shares in 2017, as we anticipate several data sets across programs, specifically for the company's B7-H3 franchise. We expect data cross multiple tumor types from ongoing basket trials of both enoblituzumab and bispecific counterpart MGD009 to define initial market opportunities that represent upside to current estimates." (3/1/2017)
- 5. Stifel Nicolaus analysts commented, "Management's relatively quiet 4Q16 earnings announcement/call was expected following the comprehensive pipeline update provided at the December 2016 R&D Day. The specific timing and magnitude of incremental news flow from both wholly-owned and partnered programs throughout FY17 still remains a bit uncertain ' but we anticipate the finalization of dose and administration schedules for a variety of DART programs to allow for the initiation of dose expansion cohorts in both FY17 and beyond. SOPHIA enrollment appears to remain on track and a newly-implemented trial amendment allowing for Kadcyla-na??ve patients should facilitate the pace of enrollment and eventually expand the addressable market opportunity. We continue to find valuation attractive here. Reduced target price of $42 (previously $51) reflects higher FY17 and forward-year OpEx ' coupled with reduced longer-term collaborative revenue estimates." (3/1/2017)
Who are some of MacroGenics' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to MacroGenics include Clinigen Group PLC (CLIN), Ascendis Pharma A/S (ASND), Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR), Dynavax Technologies Corporation (DVAX), Dermira (DERM), Lexicon Pharmaceuticals (LXRX), Epizyme (EPZM), Sangamo Therapeutics (SGMO), NeuroDerm (NDRM), REGENXBIO (RGNX), Xencor (XNCR), Athenex (ATNX), Retrophin (RTRX), Amarin Corporation PLC (AMRN), Omeros Corporation (OMER), Ignyta (RXDX), Reata Pharmaceuticals (RETA) and Intra-Cellular Therapies (ITCI).
Who are MacroGenics' key executives?
MacroGenics' management team includes the folowing people:
- Paulo F. Costa, Independent Chairman of the Board
- Scott Koenig M.D., Ph.D., President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- James Karrels MBA, Chief Financial Officer, Senior Vice President, Secretary
- Ezio Bonvini M.D., Senior Vice President - Research, Chief Scientific Officer
- Atul Saran, Senior Vice President, General Counsel
- Eric Risser, Senior Vice President - Business Development and Portfolio Management and Chief Business Officer
- Thomas Spitznagel Ph.D., Senior Vice President - Bio Pharmaceutical Development and Manufacturing
- Jon Wigginton, Senior Vice President - Clinical Development and Chief Medical Officer
- Lynn Cilinski, Vice President, Controller, Treasurer
- Karen Jean Ferrante M.D., Independent Director
How do I buy MacroGenics stock?
Shares of MacroGenics can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is MacroGenics' stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for MacroGenics (NASDAQ MGNX)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about MacroGenics and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of MacroGenics stock can currently be purchased for approximately $17.73.
Consensus Ratings for MacroGenics (NASDAQ:MGNX) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||2 Hold Ratings, 9 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.82)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$31.56 (77.98% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for MacroGenics (NASDAQ:MGNX)
Analysts' Ratings History for MacroGenics (NASDAQ:MGNX)
(Data available from 10/22/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|9/12/2017||Stifel Nicolaus||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$34.00||High|
|9/1/2017||SunTrust Banks, Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$26.00||High|
|8/7/2017||Morgan Stanley||Lower Price Target||Equal Weight||$22.00 -> $21.00||Low|
|8/4/2017||Cowen and Company||Reiterated Rating||Buy||Low|
|3/31/2017||Raymond James Financial, Inc.||Initiated Coverage||Outperform -> Outperform||$26.00||High|
|3/6/2017||BTIG Research||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$35.00 -> $28.00||N/A|
|3/1/2017||Instinet||Initiated Coverage||Buy -> Buy||$41.00||N/A|
|3/1/2017||Roth Capital||Set Price Target||Buy||$40.00||N/A|
|1/25/2017||Citigroup Inc.||Lower Price Target||Neutral||$32.00 -> $24.00||N/A|
|6/14/2016||Oppenheimer Holdings, Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Buy||N/A|
|5/19/2016||Leerink Swann||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$47.00||N/A|
|2/18/2016||Janney Montgomery Scott||Initiated Coverage||Buy||$36.00||N/A|
Earnings History for MacroGenics (NASDAQ:MGNX)Earnings History by Quarter for MacroGenics (NASDAQ MGNX)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/2/2017||Q2 2017||($1.05)||($1.14)||$15.82 million||$1.70 million||View||Listen|
|5/3/2017||Q1 2017||($0.99)||($1.08)||$5.88 million||$2.06 million||View||Listen|
|2/28/2017||Q416||($0.86)||($1.00)||$10.65 million||$5.00 million||View||Listen|
|11/2/2016||Q316||($0.80)||($0.97)||$12.45 million||$3.30 million||View||N/A|
|8/3/2016||Q216||($0.02)||$1.12||$27.22 million||$80.67 million||View||N/A|
|5/4/2016||Q1||($0.67)||($0.88)||$10.95 million||$2.85 million||View||N/A|
|8/5/2015||Q2||($0.44)||($0.71)||$13.88 million||$6.72 million||View||N/A|
|5/6/2015||Q1 2015||$0.87||($0.58)||$58.29 million||$71.28 million||View||N/A|
|3/3/2015||Q4 2014||($0.36)||($0.69)||$12.41 million||$5.48 million||View||N/A|
|11/11/2014||Q3 2014||($0.42)||($0.14)||$9.43 million||$18.38 million||View||Listen|
|8/5/2014||Q2 2014||($0.29)||($0.44)||$11.22 million||$9.22 million||View||N/A|
|5/6/2014||Q1 2014||($0.09)||($0.12)||$18.00 million||$14.72 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for MacroGenics (NASDAQ:MGNX)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($4.16)
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($3.69)
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for MacroGenics (NASDAQ:MGNX)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for MacroGenics (NASDAQ:MGNX)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 8.30%Insider Trades by Quarter for MacroGenics (NASDAQ:MGNX)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 84.47%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|6/5/2017||Jon Marc Wigginton||SVP||Sell||5,000||$20.00||$100,000.00|| |
|4/19/2017||Jon Marc Wigginton||SVP||Sell||15,000||$20.00||$300,000.00|| |
|10/3/2016||Jon Marc Wigginton||CMO||Sell||10,000||$29.34||$293,400.00|| |
|10/3/2016||Lynn Cilinski||VP||Sell||6,231||$29.28||$182,443.68|| |
|8/1/2016||Jon Marc Wigginton||SVP||Sell||20,000||$30.78||$615,600.00|| |
|7/1/2016||Jon Marc Wigginton||CMO||Sell||5,000||$27.22||$136,100.00|| |
|7/1/2016||Lynn Cilinski||VP||Sell||8,922||$27.22||$242,856.84|| |
|5/27/2016||Lynn Cilinski||VP||Sell||5,000||$25.00||$125,000.00|| |
|3/3/2016||Paulo F Costa||Director||Buy||10,000||$17.20||$172,000.00|| |
|1/4/2016||Jon Marc Wigginton||SVP||Sell||10,000||$29.64||$296,400.00|| |
|11/23/2015||Lynn Cilinski||VP||Sell||6,921||$35.00||$242,235.00|| |
|11/16/2015||Ezio Bonvini||VP||Sell||3,117||$31.44||$97,998.48|| |
|10/15/2015||Ezio Bonvini||VP||Sell||6,233||$25.21||$157,133.93|| |
|10/1/2015||Jon Marc Wigginton||SVP||Sell||5,000||$21.11||$105,550.00|| |
|7/10/2015||Ezio Bonvini||VP||Sell||2,400||$38.09||$91,416.00|| |
|7/1/2015||Jon Marc Wigginton||SVP||Sell||5,000||$37.15||$185,750.00|| |
|7/1/2015||Lynn Cilinski||VP||Sell||6,921||$37.15||$257,115.15|| |
|6/30/2015||Ezio Bonvini||VP||Sell||6,497||$38.07||$247,340.79|| |
|6/24/2015||Ezio Bonvini||VP||Sell||6,097||$38.08||$232,173.76|| |
|6/23/2015||Ezio Bonvini||VP||Sell||13,054||$38.14||$497,879.56|| |
|6/15/2015||Ezio Bonvini||VP||Sell||6,233||$34.01||$211,984.33|| |
|5/15/2015||Ezio Bonvini||VP||Sell||6,233||$30.24||$188,485.92|| |
|4/15/2015||Ezio Bonvini||VP||Sell||6,233||$33.98||$211,797.34|| |
|2/2/2015||Jon Marc Wigginton||SVP||Sell||5,000||$31.04||$155,200.00|| |
|12/22/2014||Kathryn E Stein||SVP||Sell||10,946||$37.00||$405,002.00|| |
|12/18/2014||Eric Blasius Risser||VP||Sell||10,000||$33.50||$335,000.00|| |
|12/18/2014||Kathryn E Stein||SVP||Sell||10,946||$33.00||$361,218.00|| |
|11/24/2014||Eric Blasius Risser||VP||Sell||10,000||$27.75||$277,500.00|| |
|11/21/2014||Kathryn E Stein||VP||Sell||10,946||$27.00||$295,542.00|| |
|11/17/2014||Kathryn E Stein||VP||Sell||25,301||$23.30||$589,513.30|| |
|11/13/2014||Eric Blasius Risser||VP||Sell||25,000||$23.80||$595,000.00|| |
|10/1/2014||Jon Marc Wigginton||VP||Sell||5,000||$20.48||$102,400.00|| |
|9/2/2014||Eric Blasius Risser||VP||Sell||8,316||$20.89||$173,721.24|| |
|8/18/2014||Jon Marc Wigginton||VP||Sell||5,000||$20.52||$102,600.00|| |
|6/30/2014||Eric Blasius Risser||VP||Sell||8,000||$21.84||$174,720.00|| |
|5/29/2014||Kathryn E Stein||VP||Sell||10,946||$19.75||$216,183.50|| |
|2/18/2014||Edward Hurwitz||Director||Sell||308,513||$36.50||$11,260,724.50|| |
|10/16/2013||Kenneth Galbraith||Director||Buy||46,875||$16.00||$750,000.00|| |
Headline Trends for MacroGenics (NASDAQ:MGNX)
Latest Headlines for MacroGenics (NASDAQ:MGNX)
Loading headlines, please wait.
MacroGenics (MGNX) Chart for Sunday, October, 22, 2017