About National CineMedia (NASDAQ:NCMI)
National CineMedia, Inc. (NCM, Inc.) is a holding company that manages its consolidated subsidiary National CineMedia, LLC (NCM LLC). The Company operates digital in-theater network in North America, allowing NCM LLC to sell advertising and certain third-party theater circuits under long-term network affiliate agreements. It is engaged in the sale of advertising to national, regional and local businesses in First Look, its cinema advertising and entertainment pre-show seen on movie screens across the United States It also sells advertising on its Lobby Entertainment Network (LEN), a series of screens located in movie theater lobbies, as well as other forms of advertising and promotions in theater lobbies. The Company sells online and mobile advertising through its Cinema Accelerator digital product to reach entertainment audiences beyond the theater. In-theater advertising and entertainment content is distributed across NCM LLC's national theater network.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Business Services
- Industry: Advertising Agency
- Sub-Industry: Advertising
- Symbol: NASDAQ:NCMI
- CUSIP: 63530910
- Web: www.ncm.com
- Market Cap: $427.33 million
- Outstanding Shares: 60,614,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $6.63
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $7.78
- 52 Week Range: $5.12 - $16.05
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 22.03
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 20.14
- P/E Growth: -3.88
- Annual Revenue: $425 million
- Price / Sales: 1.01
- Book Value: ($7.12) per share
- Price / Book: -0.99
- Annual Dividend: $0.88
- Dividend Yield: 12.3%
- EBITDA: $187.5 million
- Net Margins: 4.56%
- Return on Equity: -16.58%
- Return on Assets: 1.84%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: -13.47%
- Current Ratio: 1.94%
- Quick Ratio: 1.94%
- Average Volume: 882,511 shs.
- Beta: 0.68
- Short Ratio: 5.08
Frequently Asked Questions for National CineMedia (NASDAQ:NCMI)
What is National CineMedia's stock symbol?
National CineMedia trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "NCMI."
How often does National CineMedia pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for National CineMedia?
National CineMedia announced a quarterly dividend on Wednesday, August 2nd. Stockholders of record on Saturday, August 12th will be given a dividend of $0.22 per share on Thursday, August 31st. This represents a $0.88 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 12.48%. The ex-dividend date is Wednesday, August 9th. View National CineMedia's Dividend History.
How were National CineMedia's earnings last quarter?
National CineMedia, Inc. (NASDAQ:NCMI) released its earnings results on Monday, August, 7th. The company reported $0.03 earnings per share for the quarter, missing the consensus estimate of $0.07 by $0.04. The business had revenue of $97.10 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $104.30 million. National CineMedia had a negative return on equity of 16.58% and a net margin of 4.56%. The business's revenue for the quarter was down 15.9% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the prior year, the business earned $0.11 EPS. View National CineMedia's Earnings History.
When will National CineMedia make its next earnings announcement?
Where is National CineMedia's stock going? Where will National CineMedia's stock price be in 2017?
7 brokers have issued 1 year price targets for National CineMedia's stock. Their forecasts range from $6.50 to $18.08. On average, they expect National CineMedia's stock price to reach $10.93 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for National CineMedia.
What are analysts saying about National CineMedia stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about National CineMedia stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "NATIONAL CINEMEDIA operates the largest digital in theatre network in North America that allows them to distribute advertisements and other content for our advertising, meetings and events businesses utilizing our proprietary digital content network. They have long term exhibitor services agreements with our founding members, Cinemark and Regal, the three largest motion picture exhibition companies in the U.S.and multi year agreements with several other theatre operators whom they refer to as network affiliates. The network affiliate agreements grant them exclusive rights, subject to limited exceptions, to sell advertising on their theatre screens. " (10/18/2017)
- 2. Credit Suisse Group analysts commented, "We raise our rating to Neutral (from UP) after the steep fall in the stock price, and highlight that the ~7% dividend yield provides support at current levels. We remain relatively cautious on the equity story given challenging structural headwinds and highlight that we now expect minimal growth in adj. EBITDA and cash available for distribution over the next 2-3 years. We lower our 2017/18 adj. EBITDA forecasts by 6-8%, and our EPS forecasts by 35%/39% to $0.37/$0.36 (previously $0.57/$0.58)." (3/15/2017)
- 3. B. Riley analysts commented, "National CineMedia (NCMI) reported upside Q4 results in the face of an industry box office that declined compared to the year-ago period. However, even though we previewed the potential for strengthening trends into 2017 on the impressive film slate and high-demand franchise titles, initial 2017 guidance was disappointing and likely reflects early conservatism from a relatively new management team as well as recently-weakening trends in the scatter ad market. With a lower guidance base now in place, we actually believe there is more of a bias to the upside than risk to the downside as the year progresses ' which could include early campaigns to get ahead of another strong film slate in 2018. Regardless, we would not be surprised if the potentially meaningful sale of NCMI shares by AMC (Buy; $47.50 PT) as part of the DOJ approval for the Carmike acquisition remained an overhang for the time being ' even though we believe this is already priced into shares here. With that in mind, we recommend investors add to positions at currently depressed levels with the added bonus of being paid a 7.1% dividend yield to wait for that overhang to pass. We are lowering our 2017/2018 estimates along with the weaker guidance and maintaining our Buy rating with a lowered price target of $16.00 (down from $18.75) ' which still provides a potential return of 35% including the dividend yield." (2/24/2017)
Who are some of National CineMedia's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to National CineMedia include Atento S.A. (ATTO), Huron Consulting Group (HURN), Navigant Consulting (NCI), Qiwi Plc (QIWI), Tarena International (TEDU), MDC Partners (MDCA), Crawford & Company (CRD.B), RPX Corporation (RPXC), InnerWorkings (INWK), NV5 Global (NVEE), Veritone (VERI), Everi Holdings (EVRI), Kforce (KFRC), Cross Country Healthcare (CCRN), The Hackett Group (HCKT), Barrett Business Services (BBSI), Vectrus (VEC) and Franklin Covey Company (FC).
Who are National CineMedia's key executives?
National CineMedia's management team includes the folowing people:
- Scott N. Schneider, Executive Chairman of the Board
- Clifford E. Marks, President
- Andrew J. England, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Katherine L. Scherping CPA, Chief Financial Officer
- Ralph E. Hardy Jr., Executive Vice President, General Counsel
- Scott Felenstein, Executive Vice President, Chief Revenue Officer
- Lawrence Snapp, Senior Vice President - Corporate Development, Chief Digital Officer
- Peter B. Brandow, Director
- Thomas F. Lesinski, Director
- Lawrence A. Goodman, Independent Director
Who owns National CineMedia stock?
National CineMedia's stock is owned by a number of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include
AMC ENTERTAINMENT HOLDINGS, INC.
AMC ENTERTAINMENT HOLDINGS, INC.
STANDARD GENERAL L.P.
(16.20%), Skylands Capital LLC (1.29%) and Gilman Hill Asset Management LLC (0.37%). Company insiders that own National CineMedia stock include Alfonso P Rosabal Jr, Amc Starplex, Llc, American Multi-Cinema, Inc, Clifford E Marks, Paula Williams Madison and Scott N Schneider. View Institutional Ownership Trends for National CineMedia.
Who sold National CineMedia stock? Who is selling National CineMedia stock?
National CineMedia's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Gilman Hill Asset Management LLC. Company insiders that have sold National CineMedia stock in the last year include Alfonso P Rosabal Jr, Amc Starplex, Llc and American Multi-Cinema, Inc. View Insider Buying and Selling for National CineMedia.
Who bought National CineMedia stock? Who is buying National CineMedia stock?
How do I buy National CineMedia stock?
Shares of National CineMedia can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is National CineMedia's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for National CineMedia (NASDAQ NCMI)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about National CineMedia and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of National CineMedia stock can currently be purchased for approximately $7.05.
Consensus Ratings for National CineMedia (NASDAQ:NCMI) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||5 Hold Ratings, 2 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Hold (Score: 2.29)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$10.93 (55.04% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for National CineMedia (NASDAQ:NCMI)
Analysts' Ratings History for National CineMedia (NASDAQ:NCMI)
(Data available from 10/23/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|9/28/2017||Credit Suisse Group||Lower Price Target||Neutral||$8.00 -> $7.00||Low|
|8/12/2017||B. Riley||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$14.00||Medium|
|8/8/2017||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Reiterated Rating||Neutral -> Neutral||$12.00 -> $8.00||High|
|8/2/2017||Wedbush||Initiated Coverage||Neutral -> Neutral||$6.50||High|
|5/15/2017||Barrington Research||Downgrade||Outperform -> Market Perform||Medium|
|5/5/2017||FBR & Co||Downgrade||Outperform -> Market Perform||$12.00||High|
|11/8/2016||Benchmark Co.||Boost Price Target||Buy||$17.81 -> $18.08||N/A|
|7/20/2016||Stifel Nicolaus||Downgrade||Buy -> Hold||N/A|
|11/10/2015||MKM Partners||Boost Price Target||Neutral||$15.00 -> $16.00||N/A|
Earnings History for National CineMedia (NASDAQ:NCMI)Earnings History by Quarter for National CineMedia (NASDAQ NCMI)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/7/2017||Q2 2017||$0.07||$0.03||$104.30 million||$97.10 million||View||Listen|
|5/4/2017||Q1 2017||($0.05)||($0.08)||$73.82 million||$71.90 million||View||Listen|
|2/23/2017||Q416||$0.22||$0.24||$140.65 million||$142.50 million||View||N/A|
|11/7/2016||Q316||$0.12||$0.13||$114.52 million||$113.50 million||View||Listen|
|8/8/2016||Q216||$0.14||$0.11||$115.52 million||$115.40 million||View||N/A|
|5/4/2016||Q116||($0.04)||($0.05)||$74.53 million||$76.20 million||View||N/A|
|2/25/2016||Q415||$0.20||$0.20||$128.48 million||$136.40 million||View||Listen|
|11/9/2015||Q315||$0.14||$0.13||$112.74 million||$111.70 million||View||N/A|
|8/6/2015||Q215||$0.18||$0.17||$119.40 million||$121.50 million||View||N/A|
|5/11/2015||Q115||($0.06)||$0.01||$76.60 million||$76.90 million||View||Listen|
|2/26/2015||Q414||$0.22||$0.18||$121.30 million||$123.10 million||View||N/A|
|11/3/2014||Q314||$0.12||$0.11||$103.60 million||$100.80 million||View||N/A|
|8/5/2014||Q214||$0.08||$0.08||$96.99 million||$99.90 million||View||N/A|
|5/5/2014||Q114||($0.05)||($0.05)||$70.20 million||$70.02 million||View||N/A|
|2/20/2014||Q413||$0.16||$0.32||$117.58 million||$1.22 million||View||N/A|
|10/30/2013||Q313||$0.29||$0.25||$137.13 million||$135.10 million||View||N/A|
|8/1/2013||Q2 2013||$0.18||$0.17||$119.96 million||$122.80 million||View||N/A|
|5/2/2013||Q1 2013||($0.01)||($0.02)||$79.94 million||$82.20 million||View||N/A|
|2/21/2013||Q4 2012||$0.16||$0.16||$119.79 million||$115.90 million||View||N/A|
|11/1/2012||Q312||$0.32||$0.30||$145.24 million||$143.70 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for National CineMedia (NASDAQ:NCMI)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.33
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.36
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Current Dividend Information for National CineMedia (NASDAQ:NCMI)
|Most Recent Dividend:||8/31/2017|
|Payout Ratio:||283.87% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
303.45% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
251.43% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Dividend History by Quarter for National CineMedia (NASDAQ NCMI)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for National CineMedia (NASDAQ:NCMI)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 5.40%Insider Trades by Quarter for National CineMedia (NASDAQ:NCMI)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 85.72%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|9/29/2017||Amc Starplex, Llc||Major Shareholder||Sell||2,800,000||$6.49||$18,172,000.00|| |
|9/18/2017||American Multi-Cinema, Inc.||Major Shareholder||Sell||12,000,000||$6.09||$73,080,000.00|| |
|11/25/2016||Alfonso P Rosabal Jr||COO||Sell||2,615||$16.01||$41,866.15|| |
|6/22/2016||Clifford E Marks||President||Sell||1,014||$15.00||$15,210.00|| |
|3/15/2016||Paula Williams Madison||Director||Sell||7,468||$14.66||$109,480.88|| |
|3/1/2016||Scott N Schneider||Director||Sell||13,500||$15.19||$205,065.00|| |
|2/26/2016||Clifford E Marks||Insider||Sell||20,170||$15.04||$303,356.80|| |
|2/16/2016||Clifford E Marks||Insider||Sell||25,282||$15.04||$380,241.28|| |
|6/17/2015||Paula Williams Madison||Director||Sell||5,144||$16.23||$83,487.12|| |
|1/22/2015||Clifford E Marks||Insider||Sell||4,867||$15.01||$73,053.67|| |
|1/20/2015||Clifford E Marks||Insider||Sell||9,461||$14.71||$139,171.31|| |
|2/25/2014||Clifford Marks||Insider||Sell||14,171||$15.75||$223,193.25|| |
|2/5/2014||Clifford Marks||Insider||Sell||6,260||$17.95||$112,367.00|| |
|1/2/2014||David Oddo||CFO||Sell||6,721||$19.76||$132,806.96|| |
|12/18/2013||Clifford Marks||Insider||Sell||39,132||$19.00||$743,508.00|| |
|12/13/2013||Clifford Marks||Insider||Sell||1,504||$19.00||$28,576.00|| |
|11/26/2013||Clifford Marks||Insider||Sell||30,614||$18.50||$566,359.00|| |
|10/18/2013||Clifford E Marks||Insider||Sell||35,874||$19.25||$690,574.50|| |
|9/9/2013||Regal Cinemas Inc||Director||Sell||2,300,000||$17.79||$40,917,000.00|| |
|8/26/2013||Ralph Hardy||EVP||Sell||168,092||$18.49||$3,108,021.08|| |
|8/23/2013||Earl Weihe||COO||Sell||17,909||$18.41||$329,704.69|| |
|8/22/2013||Clifford Marks||Insider||Sell||35,873||$18.75||$672,618.75|| |
|8/22/2013||Stephen Lanning||Director||Sell||18,236||$18.61||$339,371.96|| |
|8/16/2013||Clifford Marks||Insider||Sell||71,746||$18.15||$1,302,189.90|| |
|8/5/2013||Kurt C Hall||CEO||Sell||53,711||$18.75||$1,007,081.25|| |
|7/26/2013||Kurt C Hall||CEO||Sell||1,400||$18.27||$25,578.00|| |
|7/25/2013||Kurt C Hall||CEO||Sell||15,288||$18.29||$279,617.52|| |
|7/23/2013||Kurt C Hall||CEO||Sell||3,500||$18.29||$64,015.00|| |
|6/4/2013||Kurt C Hall||CEO||Sell||19,482||$17.34||$337,817.88|| |
|5/31/2013||Clifford E Marks||Insider||Sell||45,202||$16.86||$762,105.72|| |
|5/29/2013||Clifford E Marks||Insider||Sell||64,356||$17.25||$1,110,141.00|| |
|5/28/2013||Kurt C Hall||CEO||Sell||29,740||$17.39||$517,178.60|| |
|5/23/2013||Kurt C Hall||CEO||Sell||12,300||$17.31||$212,913.00|| |
|5/10/2013||Edward H Meyer||Director||Sell||10,000||$17.02||$170,200.00|| |
|9/13/2012||Clifford E Marks||Insider||Sell||6,200||$16.05||$99,510.00|| |
Headline Trends for National CineMedia (NASDAQ:NCMI)
Latest Headlines for National CineMedia (NASDAQ:NCMI)
Loading headlines, please wait.
National CineMedia (NCMI) Chart for Monday, October, 23, 2017