NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NXP) is a holding company. The Company operates as a semiconductor company. The Company provides high performance mixed signal and standard product solutions. The Company's segments are High Performance Mixed Signal (HPMS), Standard Products (SP), and Corporate and Other. Its product solutions are used in a range of end-market applications, including automotive, personal security and identification, wireless and wireline infrastructure, mobile communications, multi-market industrial, consumer and computing. It engages with global original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and sells products in all geographic regions. NXP's HPMS segment includes business lines, such as Automotive, Secure Identification Solutions (SIS), Secure Connected Devices (SCD), and Secure Interfaces and Infrastructure (SI&I). The Company's SP segment supplies a range of standard semiconductor components, such as small signal discretes and power discretes.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Semiconductors - NEC
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:NXPI
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.nxp.com
- Market Cap: $38.01189 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 251,752,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $109.27
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $104.62
- 52 Week Range: $80.13 - $109.98
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 20.11
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 16.93
- P/E Growth: 1.09
- Annual Revenue: $9.49 billion
- Price / Sales: 2.91
- Book Value: $36.77 per share
- Price / Book: 2.99
- EBIDTA: $2.64 billion
- Net Margins: 15.93%
- Return on Equity: 17.01%
- Return on Assets: 7.89%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.51%
- Current Ratio: 2.27%
- Quick Ratio: 1.71%
- Average Volume: 3.23 million shs.
- Beta: 0.9
- Short Ratio: 1.21
Frequently Asked Questions for NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ:NXPI)
What is NXP Semiconductors N.V.'s stock symbol?
NXP Semiconductors N.V. trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "NXPI."
How were NXP Semiconductors N.V.'s earnings last quarter?
NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ:NXPI) posted its earnings results on Wednesday, October, 26th. The company reported $0.26 earnings per share for the quarter, topping analysts' consensus estimates of ($0.08) by $0.34. The firm had revenue of $2.47 billion for the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $3.08 million. NXP Semiconductors N.V. had a net margin of 15.93% and a return on equity of 17.01%. The company's revenue was up 62.2% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the previous year, the firm posted $1.57 earnings per share. View NXP Semiconductors N.V.'s Earnings History.
Where is NXP Semiconductors N.V.'s stock going? Where will NXP Semiconductors N.V.'s stock price be in 2017?
20 equities research analysts have issued 1-year target prices for NXP Semiconductors N.V.'s shares. Their forecasts range from $98.00 to $120.00. On average, they anticipate NXP Semiconductors N.V.'s share price to reach $109.29 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for NXP Semiconductors N.V..
What are analysts saying about NXP Semiconductors N.V. stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about NXP Semiconductors N.V. stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "NXP Semiconductors N.V. is a global semiconductor company. The Company designs and manufactures High Performance Mixed Signal semiconductor solutions to meet the requirements of systems and sub-systems in its target markets. High Performance Mixed Signal solutions are an optimized mix of analog and digital functionality integrated into a system or sub-system. The Company's expertise is in RF, analog, power management, interface, security and digital processing products. NXP's solutions are used in a wide range of automotive, identification, wireless infrastructure, lighting, industrial, mobile, consumer and computing applications. The Company claims to provide its customers improved power efficiency, functional performance, miniaturization, quality, durability and adaptability in their electronic systems and application solutions. NXP is based in Eindhoven, the Netherlands, with research and development activities in Asia, Europe and the United States, and manufacturing facilities in Asia and Europe. " (7/5/2017)
- 2. Mizuho analysts commented, "We believe the $110 offer for NXPI is ~15.2x consensus F18E EPS and, while at a discount to the ~18-20x F18 P/E for some of the peers, on an EV/EBITDA or debt/EBITDA and GM profitability it looks more in-line. However, we believe Automotive has grown to be a more attractive secular L-T market for QCOM as the handset market matures." (5/31/2017)
- 3. Needham & Company LLC analysts commented, "Today Qualcomm River Holdings B.V. announced that it has extended the offering period of its cash tender offer for NXPI to April 4th 2017 at 5:00pm EST. The offer will expire at this time unless terminated or further extended. (NXPI faces a termination fee of $1.25B and QCOM faces a $2.0B termination fee if the deal does not go through.) As of yesterday at market close, 58K NXPI shares have been tendered (~17.2% of shares outstanding). Currently NXPI is selling at a ~6% discount to the offer price. We continue to not only believe that this spread will narrow as regulatory approvals come in but also that the stock is worth $110 on a stand-alone basis at a 15.3x P/E on 2018 estimates." (3/8/2017)
Are investors shorting NXP Semiconductors N.V.?
NXP Semiconductors N.V. saw a decrease in short interest in the month of June. As of June 15th, there was short interest totalling 4,432,155 shares, a decrease of 18.8% from the May 31st total of 5,459,050 shares. Based on an average daily trading volume, of 3,130,723 shares, the days-to-cover ratio is currently 1.4 days. Currently, 1.3% of the shares of the company are short sold.
Who are some of NXP Semiconductors N.V.'s key competitors?
Some companies that are related to NXP Semiconductors N.V. include Micron Technology (MU), Analog Devices (ADI), Microchip Technology Incorporated (MCHP), Xilinx (XLNX), STMicroelectronics N.V. (STM), Advanced Micro Devices (AMD), Maxim Integrated Products (MXIM), Freescale Semiconductor Ltd (FSL), Advanced Semiconductor Engineering (ASX), Flextronics International (FLEX), Marvell Technology Group (MRVL), Arrow Electronics (ARW), Coherent (COHR), ON Semiconductor Corporation (ON), Microsemi Corporation (MSCC), United Microelectronics Corporation (UMC), Jabil Circuit (JBL) and Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation (SMI).
Who are NXP Semiconductors N.V.'s key executives?
NXP Semiconductors N.V.'s management team includes the folowing people:
- Richard L. Clemmer, President, Chief Executive Officer, Executive Director
- Daniel Durn, Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice President
- Keith Shull, Chief Human Resource Officer, Executive Vice President
- Guido Dierick, Executive Vice President, General Counsel, Secretary
- David Reed, Executive Vice President, General Manager - Operations
- Frans Scheper, Executive Vice President, General Manager of Standard Products Applications
- Kurt Sievers, Executive Vice President, General Manager, HPMS Automotive
- Ruediger Stroh, Executive Vice President, General Manager, HPMS Identification
- Steve Owen, Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing
- Peter Kelly, Executive vice president - strategy, M&A and integration
Who owns NXP Semiconductors N.V. stock?
NXP Semiconductors N.V.'s stock is owned by many different of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include Confluence Investment Management LLC (0.18%), Bartlett & Co. LLC (0.08%), APG Asset Management N.V. (0.05%), Lathrop Investment Management Corp (0.05%), Neville Rodie & Shaw Inc. (0.05%) and Vigilant Capital Management LLC (0.04%). View Institutional Ownership Trends for NXP Semiconductors N.V..
Who sold NXP Semiconductors N.V. stock? Who is selling NXP Semiconductors N.V. stock?
NXP Semiconductors N.V.'s stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Mizuho Securities USA LLC, Stock Yards Bank & Trust Co., Armstrong Shaw Associates Inc. CT, Cobiz Wealth LLC, Confluence Investment Management LLC, US Bancorp DE, Hemenway Trust Co LLC and Reilly Financial Advisors LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for NXP Semiconductors N.V..
Who bought NXP Semiconductors N.V. stock? Who is buying NXP Semiconductors N.V. stock?
NXP Semiconductors N.V.'s stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Pennsylvania Trust Co, Forsta AP Fonden, Verde Servicos Internacionais S.A., Factory Mutual Insurance Co., Opera Trading Capital, Exane Asset Management, Aperio Group LLC and Mint Tower Capital Management B.V.. View Insider Buying and Selling for NXP Semiconductors N.V..
How do I buy NXP Semiconductors N.V. stock?
Shares of NXP Semiconductors N.V. can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is NXP Semiconductors N.V.'s stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ NXPI)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about NXP Semiconductors N.V. and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of NXP Semiconductors N.V. stock can currently be purchased for approximately $109.86.
Consensus Ratings for NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ:NXPI) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||16 Hold Ratings, 3 Buy Ratings, 1 Strong Buy Rating|
|Consensus Rating:||Hold (Score: 2.25)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$109.29 (0.52% downside)|
Analysts' Ratings History for NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ:NXPI)
(Data available from 7/24/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|7/21/2017||BMO Capital Markets||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$110.00||Low|
|7/10/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$110.00||Low|
|7/4/2017||Stifel Nicolaus||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$110.00||Low|
|6/19/2017||Deutsche Bank AG||Downgrade||Buy -> Hold||$110.00||Low|
|5/15/2017||Instinet||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||Low|
|5/8/2017||Nomura||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||Low|
|3/8/2017||Needham & Company LLC||Reiterated Rating||Strong-Buy||$110.00||Low|
|2/7/2017||Oppenheimer Holdings, Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Market Perform||N/A|
|2/7/2017||Morgan Stanley||Reiterated Rating||Equal Weight||$110.00||N/A|
|2/7/2017||Canaccord Genuity||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$110.00||N/A|
|12/21/2016||Citigroup Inc.||Initiated Coverage||Neutral||$105.00||N/A|
|10/30/2016||Raymond James Financial, Inc.||Downgrade||Outperform -> Market Perform||N/A|
|10/28/2016||SunTrust Banks, Inc.||Downgrade||Buy -> Hold||N/A|
|10/28/2016||Robert W. Baird||Downgrade||Outperform -> Neutral||$110.00||N/A|
|10/27/2016||Drexel Hamilton||Downgrade||Buy -> Hold||$115.00 -> $110.00||N/A|
|10/13/2016||Sanford C. Bernstein||Set Price Target||Buy||$110.00||N/A|
|7/29/2016||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Boost Price Target||Neutral||$97.00 -> $98.00||N/A|
|7/27/2016||Pacific Crest||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$105.00||N/A|
|7/20/2016||Summit Redstone||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$91.00||N/A|
|6/27/2016||Bank of America Corporation||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||N/A|
|5/18/2016||Credit Suisse Group||Reiterated Rating||Buy||N/A|
|5/5/2016||Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The)||Upgrade||Neutral -> Buy||$80.00 -> $110.00||N/A|
|4/27/2016||Topeka Capital Markets||Lower Price Target||Buy||$100.00 -> $90.00||N/A|
|4/12/2016||FBR & Co||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$105.00||N/A|
|2/18/2016||Barclays PLC||Lower Price Target||Overweight||$100.00 -> $95.00||N/A|
|11/12/2015||Sterne Agee CRT||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$107.00||N/A|
|10/30/2015||Susquehanna Bancshares Inc||Lower Price Target||Positive||$128.00 -> $100.00||N/A|
Earnings History for NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ:NXPI)Earnings History by Quarter for NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ NXPI)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|10/26/2016||Q3||($0.08)||$0.26||$3.08 million||$2.47 billion||View||Listen|
|7/27/2016||Q216||$1.35||$1.39||$2.35 billion||$2.37 billion||View||Listen|
|2/3/2016||Q4||$1.07||$1.25||$1.29 billion||$1.61 billion||View||Listen|
|10/28/2015||Q3||$1.35||$1.43||$1.55 billion||$1.52 billion||View||Listen|
|7/29/2015||Q215||$1.24||$1.29||$1.51 billion||$1.51 billion||View||Listen|
|4/29/2015||Q115||$1.17||$1.20||$1.47 billion||$1.47 billion||View||Listen|
|2/4/2015||Q414||$1.18||$1.20||$1.52 billion||$1.54 billion||View||Listen|
|10/22/2014||Q314||$1.18||$1.22||$1.50 billion||$1.52 billion||View||Listen|
|7/23/2014||Q214||$0.94||$0.94||$1.33 billion||$1.35 billion||View||Listen|
|4/23/2014||Q114||$0.81||$0.87||$1.23 billion||$1.25 billion||View||Listen|
|10/24/2013||Q313||$0.81||$0.85||$1.26 billion||$1.25 billion||View||Listen|
|4/22/2013||Q1 2013||$0.49||$0.72||$1.07 billion||$1.09 billion||View||Listen|
|1/30/2013||Q4 2012||$0.48||$0.50||$1.09 billion||$1.07 billion||View||Listen|
Earnings Estimates for NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ:NXPI)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $5.54 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $6.49 EPS
Dividend History for NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ:NXPI)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading History for NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ:NXPI)
No insider trades for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Headline Trends for NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ:NXPI)
Latest Headlines for NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ:NXPI)
NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NXPI) Chart for Monday, July, 24, 2017