About Patterson Companies (NASDAQ:PDCO)
Patterson Companies, Inc. is a value-added distributor focused on providing a customer experience to professionals in the dental and animal health markets. The Company operates through three segments: dental, animal health and corporate. Dental and Animal health are strategic business units that offer similar products and services to different customer bases. Dental provides a virtually complete range of consumable dental products, equipment and software and turnkey digital solutions. In addition it provides value-added services to dentists, dental laboratories, institutions and other healthcare professionals throughout North America. Animal health is a leading, full-line distributor of animal health products, services and technologies. Corporate segment is comprised of general and administrative expenses, including home office support costs in areas such as information technology, finance, legal, human resources and facilities.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Medical Equipment Wholesale
- Sub-Industry: Health Care Distributors
- Symbol: NASDAQ:PDCO
- CUSIP: 70339510
- Web: www.pattersoncompanies.com
- Market Cap: $3.7707 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 93,349,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $38.33
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $42.00
- 52 Week Range: $35.93 - $49.26
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 22.88
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 15.94
- P/E Growth: 2.03
- Annual Revenue: $5.56 billion
- Price / Sales: 0.66
- Book Value: $14.83 per share
- Price / Book: 2.65
- Annual Dividend: $1.04
- Dividend Yield: 2.6%
- EBITDA: $400.22 million
- Net Margins: 2.93%
- Return on Equity: 15.51%
- Return on Assets: 6.09%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.72%
- Current Ratio: 2.01%
- Quick Ratio: 1.15%
- Average Volume: 1.34 million shs.
- Beta: 0.97
- Short Ratio: 11.42
Frequently Asked Questions for Patterson Companies (NASDAQ:PDCO)
What is Patterson Companies' stock symbol?
Patterson Companies trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "PDCO."
How often does Patterson Companies pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Patterson Companies?
Patterson Companies announced a quarterly dividend on Tuesday, September 19th. Stockholders of record on Friday, October 13th will be given a dividend of $0.26 per share on Friday, October 27th. This represents a $1.04 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 2.64%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Thursday, October 12th. View Patterson Companies' Dividend History.
How were Patterson Companies' earnings last quarter?
Patterson Companies, Inc. (NASDAQ:PDCO) posted its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, August, 24th. The company reported $0.44 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, meeting the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of $0.44. The firm earned $1.30 billion during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $1.34 billion. Patterson Companies had a return on equity of 15.51% and a net margin of 2.93%. Patterson Companies's quarterly revenue was down 1.4% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the previous year, the firm earned $0.51 EPS. View Patterson Companies' Earnings History.
When will Patterson Companies make its next earnings announcement?
What guidance has Patterson Companies issued on next quarter's earnings?
Patterson Companies issued an update on its FY18 earnings guidance on Thursday, August, 24th. The company provided earnings per share guidance of $2.25-2.40 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus estimate of $2.31.
Where is Patterson Companies' stock going? Where will Patterson Companies' stock price be in 2017?
13 equities research analysts have issued 12-month target prices for Patterson Companies' shares. Their forecasts range from $34.00 to $50.00. On average, they expect Patterson Companies' stock price to reach $41.80 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Patterson Companies.
What are analysts saying about Patterson Companies stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Patterson Companies stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "The Patterson Companies reported a mixed first quarter of fiscal 2017 wherein adjusted earnings beat the Zacks Consensus Estimate, while revenues missed the same. Patterson Companies’ Dental platform sales dropped significantly on a year-over-year basis in the first quarter, thanks to declining consumables and dental equipment sales. The U.S. dental products distribution industry is highly competitive. Share price movement in the past three months has been disappointing with the stock trading below the broader industry. Furthermore, management expects headwinds in the technology-based equipment business to persist through fiscal 2018 as Patterson Companies has been shifting to the new go-to market strategy with an expanded technology-based product portfolio. Meanwhile, we are upbeat about the company’s Animal Health segment that witnessed strong sales in the last quarter." (9/6/2017)
- 2. UBS AG analysts commented, "tough to fill" even with new product introductions — a view that is shared among others on the Street.The loss of Sirona could also generate further market share losses in consumables sales, which are expected to remain in the low-single digit range, Cherny continued. As such, it is not clear at this point in time if the company will be able to accelerate recent EBIT growth, especially when factoring in expectations for further EBIT margin pressures from the Animal Health mix shift.Meanwhile, Patterson hasn't yet brought in a permanent CEO, and once an executive is appointed, they will need to immediately implement a sales force rebuild, the analyst added. Also, the ongoing ERP investment (Enterprise Resource Planning) and roll-out continues to be an overhang and needs to be managed properly to fully take advantage of any new opportunity.While these issues are indeed fixable and the hiring of a new CEO could "pivot the company in a more sustainable direction," (7/11/2017)
- 3. Stifel Nicolaus analysts commented, "Our accompanying survey diligence (n = 72) highlights near-term market share concerns for Patterson's dental business amid turnover in the company's sales reps and decision not to extend exclusivity for Sirona equipment (largely CEREC and imaging) after September 2017. Longer term, our findings suggest pressure from alternative sources of supply (e.g., Amazon) is creeping into the equation and the prominence of GPOs seems likely to increase, which in short, could shift purchasing power toward the dental practices and curtail future growth. Additionally, competition for large DSO contracts is heating up as evidenced by the recent Patterson / Heartland deal. While Dental and Veterinary continue to offer compelling end market dynamics, the headwinds detailed in our survey keep us on the sidelines with the belief that the lower multiples recently ascribed to these businesses may become the new normal. We reiterate our Hold rating on PDCO and lower our target price to $39 (from $41)." (1/30/2017)
Who are some of Patterson Companies' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Patterson Companies include William Demant Holdings (WILYY), West Pharmaceutical Services (WST), Bio-Rad Laboratories (BIO), BIOVERATIV INC (BIVV), bluebird bio (BLUE), TESARO (TSRO), Icon Plc (ICLR), Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd (RDY), Exact Sciences Corporation (EXAS), INC Research Holdings (INCR), Charles River Laboratories International (CRL), Envision Healthcare Corporation (EVHC), Hill-Rom Holdings (HRC), United Therapeutics Corporation (UTHR), Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX), PRA Health Sciences (PRAH), Galapagos NV (GLPG) and athenahealth (ATHN).
Who are Patterson Companies' key executives?
Patterson Companies' management team includes the folowing people:
- James W. Wiltz, Interim President, Interim Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Ann B. Gugino, Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice President, Treasurer
- David G. Misiak, President - Patterson Dental North America
- Kevin M Pohlman, Interim President - Patterson Animal Health
- Kelly A. Baker, Chief Human Resource Officer
- Les B. Korsh, Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary
- John D. Buck, Non-Executive Chairman of the Board
- Alex N. Blanco, Independent Director
- Jody H. Feragen, Independent Director
- Sarena S. Lin, Independent Director
Who owns Patterson Companies stock?
Patterson Companies' stock is owned by many different of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include Shell Asset Management Co. (0.27%), Fisher Asset Management LLC (0.13%), Sit Investment Associates Inc. (0.08%), State Treasurer State of Michigan (0.03%), Eqis Capital Management Inc. (0.02%) and Quantitative Systematic Strategies LLC (0.01%). Company insiders that own Patterson Companies stock include Ann B Gugino, Ellen A Rudnick, James W Wiltz, John D Buck and Scott P Anderson. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Patterson Companies.
Who sold Patterson Companies stock? Who is selling Patterson Companies stock?
Patterson Companies' stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Mutual of America Capital Management LLC, Quantitative Systematic Strategies LLC and State Treasurer State of Michigan. Company insiders that have sold Patterson Companies stock in the last year include Ann B Gugino, Ellen A Rudnick, James W Wiltz and Scott P Anderson. View Insider Buying and Selling for Patterson Companies.
Who bought Patterson Companies stock? Who is buying Patterson Companies stock?
Patterson Companies' stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Shell Asset Management Co., Sit Investment Associates Inc., Fisher Asset Management LLC and Eqis Capital Management Inc.. View Insider Buying and Selling for Patterson Companies.
How do I buy Patterson Companies stock?
Shares of Patterson Companies can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Patterson Companies' stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Patterson Companies (NASDAQ PDCO)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Patterson Companies and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Patterson Companies stock can currently be purchased for approximately $39.37.
Consensus Ratings for Patterson Companies (NASDAQ:PDCO) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||4 Sell Ratings, 6 Hold Ratings, 3 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Hold (Score: 1.92)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$41.80 (6.17% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for Patterson Companies (NASDAQ:PDCO)
Analysts' Ratings History for Patterson Companies (NASDAQ:PDCO)
(Data available from 10/22/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|10/19/2017||Piper Jaffray Companies||Initiated Coverage||Neutral -> Neutral||$41.00||N/A|
|9/26/2017||Robert W. Baird||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$44.00||Low|
|9/21/2017||Morgan Stanley||Initiated Coverage||Equal -> Equal Weight||$42.00||Medium|
|9/19/2017||Royal Bank Of Canada||Initiated Coverage||Sector Perform -> Sector Perform||$42.00||Medium|
|8/22/2017||Cleveland Research||Reiterated Rating||Hold||High|
|8/17/2017||Craig Hallum||Reiterated Rating||Hold -> Sell||$46.00 -> $41.00||Low|
|8/15/2017||Stifel Nicolaus||Lower Price Target||Sell -> Sell||$39.00 -> $34.00||High|
|7/13/2017||Credit Suisse Group||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$45.00 -> $50.00||Low|
|5/15/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$40.00||Low|
|3/15/2017||Deutsche Bank AG||Initiated Coverage||Hold -> Hold||$45.00||Medium|
|3/3/2017||Evercore ISI||Downgrade||Hold -> Underperform||N/A|
|11/23/2016||Off Wall Street||Reiterated Rating||Sell||N/A|
|11/1/2016||Northcoast Research||Reiterated Rating||Buy||N/A|
|8/24/2016||Bank of America Corporation||Initiated Coverage||Underperform||$44.00||N/A|
|11/24/2015||William Blair||Reiterated Rating||Hold||N/A|
Earnings History for Patterson Companies (NASDAQ:PDCO)Earnings History by Quarter for Patterson Companies (NASDAQ PDCO)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/24/2017||Q1 2018||$0.44||$0.44||$1.34 billion||$1.30 billion||View||N/A|
|5/25/2017||4/30/2017||$0.65||$0.69||$1.46 billion||$1.45 billion||View||N/A|
|2/23/2017||Q317||$0.57||$0.58||$1.43 billion||$1.40 billion||View||N/A|
|11/22/2016||Q217||$0.60||$0.56||$1.44 billion||$1.40 billion||View||N/A|
|8/25/2016||Q117||$0.51||$0.51||$1.35 billion||$1.32 billion||View||Listen|
|5/26/2016||Q416||$0.75||$0.77||$1.46 billion||$1.45 billion||View||Listen|
|2/25/2016||Q316||$0.67||$0.68||$1.40 billion||$1.40 billion||View||Listen|
|11/24/2015||Q216||$0.60||$0.56||$1.40 billion||$1.39 billion||View||Listen|
|8/27/2015||Q116||$0.54||$0.47||$1.14 billion||$1.10 billion||View||Listen|
|5/21/2015||Q415||$0.65||$0.68||$1.13 billion||$1.10 billion||View||Listen|
|2/19/2015||Q315||$0.59||$0.55||$1.12 billion||$1.10 billion||View||N/A|
|11/20/2014||Q215||$0.51||$0.48||$1.05 billion||$1.10 billion||View||N/A|
|8/21/2014||Q115||$0.50||$0.50||$1.04 billion||$1.06 billion||View||N/A|
|5/22/2014||Q414||$0.66||$0.61||$1.13 billion||$1.10 billion||View||N/A|
|2/20/2014||Q314||$0.57||$0.57||$1.07 billion||$1.08 billion||View||N/A|
|11/21/2013||Q2||$0.48||$0.48||$1,000.00 million||$998.80 million||View||Listen|
|8/22/2013||Q1 2014||$0.48||$0.46||$914.57 million||$880.10 million||View||N/A|
|5/23/2013||Q4 2013||$0.62||$0.62||$969.44 million||$964.90 million||View||N/A|
|2/21/2013||Q3 2013||$0.52||$0.52||$907.54 million||$915.86 million||View||N/A|
|8/23/2012||Q113||$0.49||$0.45||$883.19 million||$889.23 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Patterson Companies (NASDAQ:PDCO)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $2.31
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $2.30
2019 EPS Consensus Estimate: $2.55
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Current Dividend Information for Patterson Companies (NASDAQ:PDCO)
|Payout Ratio:||60.47% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
45.41% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
42.11% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Dividend History by Quarter for Patterson Companies (NASDAQ PDCO)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Patterson Companies (NASDAQ:PDCO)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 0.46%Insider Trades by Quarter for Patterson Companies (NASDAQ:PDCO)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 88.64%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|10/11/2017||Ann B. Gugino||CFO||Sell||750||$36.73||$27,547.50|| |
|7/11/2017||Ann B. Gugino||Insider||Sell||750||$42.40||$31,800.00|| |
|6/14/2017||Scott P. Anderson||Director||Sell||10,000||$46.76||$467,600.00|| |
|5/30/2017||Ann B. Gugino||Insider||Sell||750||$43.83||$32,872.50|| |
|3/9/2017||James W Wiltz||Director||Sell||5,000||$44.52||$222,600.00|| |
|3/2/2017||Ellen A Rudnick||Director||Sell||3,000||$45.70||$137,100.00|| |
|3/1/2017||James W Wiltz||Director||Sell||10,000||$45.65||$456,500.00|| |
|2/28/2017||James W. Wiltz||Director||Sell||40,000||$45.29||$1,811,600.00|| |
|12/7/2016||John D Buck||Director||Buy||2,500||$39.98||$99,950.00|| |
|8/29/2016||Ann B Gugino||Insider||Sell||750||$46.22||$34,665.00|| |
|5/31/2016||Ann B Gugino||CFO||Sell||750||$48.86||$36,645.00|| |
|9/25/2015||James W Wiltz||Director||Sell||5,000||$45.14||$225,700.00|| |
|9/24/2015||Jerome E Thygesen||VP||Sell||3,760||$45.00||$169,200.00|| |
|9/11/2015||Ellen A. Rudnick||Director||Sell||12,000||$45.45||$545,400.00|| |
|12/1/2014||George L Henriques||Insider||Sell||8,000||$48.20||$385,600.00|| |
|6/9/2014||Sean M Muniz||VP||Sell||1,095||$39.58||$43,340.10|| |
|3/6/2014||George Henriques||Insider||Sell||3,022||$41.74||$126,138.28|| |
|12/6/2013||George Henriques||Insider||Sell||7,700||$41.73||$321,321.00|| |
|11/26/2013||Ann Gugino||VP||Sell||1,008||$41.43||$41,761.44|| |
|9/16/2013||Charles Reich||Director||Sell||43,831||$41.20||$1,805,837.20|| |
|9/12/2013||Harold C Slavkin||Director||Sell||12,000||$41.02||$492,240.00|| |
|9/5/2013||Ellen A Rudnick||Director||Sell||12,000||$40.00||$480,000.00|| |
|9/3/2013||Andre Lacy||Director||Sell||12,000||$39.88||$478,560.00|| |
|8/27/2013||Ann Gugino||VP||Sell||3,121||$40.11||$125,183.31|| |
|9/18/2012||Harold C Slavkin||Director||Sell||2,844||$34.36||$97,719.84|| |
Headline Trends for Patterson Companies (NASDAQ:PDCO)
Latest Headlines for Patterson Companies (NASDAQ:PDCO)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Patterson Companies (PDCO) Chart for Sunday, October, 22, 2017