About Preferred Bank (NASDAQ:PFBC)
Preferred Bank is a commercial bank. The Bank provides deposit services, as well as real estate finance, commercial loans and trade finance to small and mid-sized businesses and their owners, entrepreneurs, real estate developers and investors, professionals and high net worth individuals. The Bank offers various services, such as personal banking, business banking and treasury management. The Bank's loan portfolio includes real estate mortgage loans, real estate construction loans, commercial loans and trade finance. Its real estate mortgage portfolio consists of real estate mini-perm loans, as well as purchased residential mortgages. The Bank offers a range of commercial loan products, including lines of credit for working capital, term loans for capital expenditures and commercial and stand-by letters of credit. Through its branch network, the Bank provides a range of financial services to individuals and companies located primarily in Southern California.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Finance
- Industry: Banks
- Sub-Industry: Regional Banks
- Symbol: NASDAQ:PFBC
- CUSIP: 74036740
- Web: www.preferredbank.com
- Market Cap: $777.56 million
- Outstanding Shares: 14,369,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $56.34
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $53.95
- 52 Week Range: $36.02 - $60.99
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 20.25
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 15.94
- P/E Growth: 1.83
- Annual Revenue: $111.9 million
- Price / Sales: 7.57
- Book Value: $21.24 per share
- Price / Book: 2.78
- Annual Dividend: $0.80
- Dividend Yield: 1.4%
- Net Margins: 28.91%
- Return on Equity: 14.05%
- Return on Assets: 1.25%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.35%
- Current Ratio: 1.04%
- Quick Ratio: 1.04%
- Average Volume: 65,140 shs.
- Beta: 0.94
- Short Ratio: 6.41
Frequently Asked Questions for Preferred Bank (NASDAQ:PFBC)
What is Preferred Bank's stock symbol?
Preferred Bank trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "PFBC."
How often does Preferred Bank pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Preferred Bank?
Preferred Bank announced a quarterly dividend on Friday, September 22nd. Shareholders of record on Friday, October 6th will be paid a dividend of $0.20 per share on Friday, October 20th. This represents a $0.80 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 1.36%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Thursday, October 5th. View Preferred Bank's Dividend History.
How were Preferred Bank's earnings last quarter?
Preferred Bank (NASDAQ:PFBC) posted its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, October, 19th. The company reported $0.69 earnings per share for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of $0.62 by $0.07. The firm earned $27.85 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $27.53 million. Preferred Bank had a net margin of 28.91% and a return on equity of 14.05%. View Preferred Bank's Earnings History.
When will Preferred Bank make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Preferred Bank's stock going? Where will Preferred Bank's stock price be in 2017?
2 brokerages have issued 1-year price objectives for Preferred Bank's stock. Their forecasts range from $65.00 to $65.00. On average, they expect Preferred Bank's share price to reach $65.00 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Preferred Bank.
What are analysts saying about Preferred Bank stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Preferred Bank stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Preferred Bank is one of the largest independent commercial banks in California focusing on the Chinese-American market. The bank is chartered by the State of California, and its deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, or FDIC, to the maximum extent permitted by law. The Company conducts its banking business from its main office in Los Angeles, California, and through ten full-service branch banking offices in Alhambra, Century City, Chino Hills, City of Industry, Torrance, Arcadia, Irvine, Diamond Bar, Santa Monica and Valencia, California. Preferred Bank offers a broad range of deposit and loan products and services to both commercial and consumer customers. The bank provides personalized deposit services as well as real estate finance, commercial loans and trade finance to small and mid- sized businesses, entrepreneurs, real estate developers, professionals and high net worth individuals. Preferred Bank continues to benefit from the significant migration to Southern California of " (9/20/2017)
- 2. FBR & Co analysts commented, "We reiterate our Outperform rating on Preferred Bank following strong 4Q16 results. Our estimates for PFBC are high on the Street, and given the strong 4Q trends, we are raising our estimates and expect consensus to rise, as well. EPS for 4Q16 grew 24.4% on a year-over-year basis, and Preferred continues to generate best-in-class profitability (1.28% ROAA, 13.8% ROTCE, 38.4% efficiency). PFBC is the most assetsensitive name we cover, and we consider it a very attractively priced growth bank with significant further upside potential from rising rates. To reflect a wider NIM, we raise our 2017 EPS estimate to $3.10 (from $3.05) and our 2018 operating EPS estimate to $3.65 (from $3.50). Given higher estimates, we raise our price target to $65 (from $60), which equals 17.8x our 2018 EPS estimate and 2.8x 2017E TBV." (1/23/2017)
Who are some of Preferred Bank's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Preferred Bank include Westamerica Bancorporation (WABC), Union Bankshares Corporation (UBSH), First Busey Corporation (BUSE), First Commonwealth Financial Corporation (FCF), Bgeo Group PLC (BGEO), Tompkins Financial (TMP), Lakeland Financial Corporation (LKFN), Brookline Bancorp (BRKL), FB Financial Corporation (FBK), State Bank Financial Corporation. (STBZ), City Holding Company (CHCO), Seacoast Banking Corporation of Florida (SBCF), Southside Bancshares (SBSI), Aldermore Group PLC (ALD), First BanCorp. (FBP), Hanmi Financial Corporation (HAFC), Sandy Spring Bancorp (SASR) and Customers Bancorp (CUBI).
Who are Preferred Bank's key executives?
Preferred Bank's management team includes the folowing people:
- Li Yu, Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer
- Wellington Chen, President, Chief Operating Officer
- Edward J. Czajka, Chief Financial Officer, Senior Vice President
- Frederick B. Denitz, Executive Vice President
- Thomas Lo, Executive Vice President - Orange County
- Nick Pi, Executive Vice President, Chief Credit Officer
- Robert J. Kosof, Head - Commercial Lending and Regional Manager - West Los Angeles Operations
- J. Richard Belliston, Director
- William Cheng, Director
- Clark Hsu, Director
How do I buy Preferred Bank stock?
Shares of Preferred Bank can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Preferred Bank's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Preferred Bank (NASDAQ PFBC)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Preferred Bank and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Preferred Bank stock can currently be purchased for approximately $58.96.
Consensus Ratings for Preferred Bank (NASDAQ:PFBC) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||2 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 3.00)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$65.00 (10.24% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for Preferred Bank (NASDAQ:PFBC)
Analysts' Ratings History for Preferred Bank (NASDAQ:PFBC)
(Data available from 10/22/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|7/19/2017||FBR & Co||Reiterated Rating||Buy||Low|
|7/10/2017||Stephens||Upgrade||Equal Weight -> Overweight||Medium|
|8/25/2016||Raymond James Financial, Inc.||Upgrade||Outperform -> Strong-Buy||$15.00||N/A|
Earnings History for Preferred Bank (NASDAQ:PFBC)Earnings History by Quarter for Preferred Bank (NASDAQ PFBC)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|7/18/2017||Q2 2017||$0.75||$0.80||$31.78 million||$32.55 million||View||N/A|
|4/19/2017||Q1 2017||$0.70||$0.71||$30.00 million||$30.53 million||View||N/A|
|1/19/2017||Q4 2016||$0.65||$0.71||$28.08 million||$29.35 million||View||N/A|
|10/19/2016||Q3||$0.62||$0.69||$27.53 million||$27.85 million||View||N/A|
|7/20/2016||Q2||$0.58||$0.61||$26.18 million||$27.40 million||View||N/A|
|4/20/2016||Q1||$0.56||$0.56||$24.20 million||$25.04 million||View||N/A|
|1/21/2016||Q4||$0.54||$0.57||$23.17 million||$23.27 million||View||Listen|
|10/19/2015||Q315||$0.53||$0.57||$21.93 million||$22.54 million||View||Listen|
|7/20/2015||Q215||$0.50||$0.55||$20.90 million||$21.70 million||View||Listen|
|4/20/2015||Q115||$0.48||$0.48||$20.33 million||$20.23 million||View||N/A|
|1/20/2015||Q414||$0.47||$0.50||$19.43 million||$20.13 million||View||N/A|
|10/16/2014||Q3 14||$0.43||$0.46||$18.53 million||$18.96 million||View||Listen|
|7/23/2014||Q412||$0.39||$0.43||$18.13 million||$17.98 million||View||N/A|
|4/22/2014||Q1||$0.37||$0.38||$17.70 million||$17.53 million||View||Listen|
Earnings Estimates for Preferred Bank (NASDAQ:PFBC)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $3.23
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $3.96
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Current Dividend Information for Preferred Bank (NASDAQ:PFBC)
|Most Recent Dividend:||10/20/2017|
|Payout Ratio:||27.49% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
24.77% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
21.62% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Dividend History by Quarter for Preferred Bank (NASDAQ PFBC)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading History for Preferred Bank (NASDAQ:PFBC)
No insider trades for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Headline Trends for Preferred Bank (NASDAQ:PFBC)
Latest Headlines for Preferred Bank (NASDAQ:PFBC)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Preferred Bank (PFBC) Chart for Sunday, October, 22, 2017