About Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical (NASDAQ:RARE)
Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company. The Company is focused on the identification, acquisition, development, and commercialization of products for the treatment of genetic diseases. Its clinical-stage pipeline consists of two product categories: biologics (including a monoclonal antibody and an enzyme replacement therapy), and small-molecule substrate replacement therapies. Its product candidates under biologics category include KRN23 (UX023) and recombinant human beta-glucuronidase (rhGUS) (UX003). Its product candidates under small-molecule category include UX007 and aceneuramic acid extended-release (Ace-ER) (UX001). It is also developing recombinant human protective protein cathepsin-A (rhPPCA). KRN23 is a fully human monoclonal antibody. rhGUS is an intravenous (IV) enzyme replacement therapy. UX007 is a substrate replacement therapy. It is developing Ace-ER for the treatment of GNE myopathy. rhPPCA is in preclinical development.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Bio Therapeutic Drugs
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NASDAQ:RARE
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.ultragenyx.com
- Market Cap: $2.31483 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 42,458,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $53.62
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $59.53
- 52 Week Range: $49.56 - $91.35
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -7.91
- P/E Growth: -0.25
- Annual Revenue: $115,999.00
- Price / Sales: 19,567.45
- Book Value: $10.12 per share
- Price / Book: 5.28
- EBITDA: ($280,320,000.00)
- Return on Equity: -60.04%
- Return on Assets: -52.85%
- Current Ratio: 6.70%
- Quick Ratio: 6.70%
- Average Volume: 310,466 shs.
- Beta: 1.88
- Short Ratio: 21.74
Frequently Asked Questions for Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical (NASDAQ:RARE)
What is Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical's stock symbol?
Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "RARE."
How were Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical's earnings last quarter?
Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical Inc. (NASDAQ:RARE) posted its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, July, 27th. The company reported ($1.72) earnings per share for the quarter, topping the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of ($1.73) by $0.01. During the same quarter in the previous year, the company earned ($1.46) earnings per share. View Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical's Earnings History.
When will Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical's stock going? Where will Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical's stock price be in 2017?
17 analysts have issued twelve-month price objectives for Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical's stock. Their forecasts range from $55.00 to $90.00. On average, they expect Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical's stock price to reach $71.94 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical.
What are analysts saying about Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical Inc. is involved in the identification, acquisition, development and commercialization of products for the treatment of rare and ultra-rare diseases, with an initial focus on serious, debilitating metabolic genetic diseases. The Company's product pipeline include KRN23 (UX023) for the treatment of XLH, rhGUS (UX003) for the treatment of MPS 7, rhPPCA (UX004) for the treatment of galactosialidosis, Triheptanoin (UX007) for the treatment of LC-FAOD, Triheptanoin (UX007) for the treatment of Glut1 DS and SA-ER (UX001) for the treatment of HIBM which are in different clinical phases. Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical Inc. is headquartered in Novato, California. " (7/18/2017)
- 2. Cowen and Company analysts commented, "We continue to see Pacira’s Exparel franchise as one of the most durable in specialty pharma and we believe that, over time, Exparel will continue to gain acceptance in the ortho community." (6/29/2017)
- 3. Canaccord Genuity analysts commented, "INSM’s Ph3 Arikayce NTM CONVERT trial data is due ~September of this year." (5/8/2017)
- 4. Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "uneventful" 2016 fourth quarter earnings call, as the company is expecting first commercial product by the end of 2017.Wang comments, "RARE 4Q16 EC was largely uneventful. Mgmt highlighted recent clinical progress in multiple programs and potentially first commercial product by YE17. We see overall favorable risk/reward heading into multiple data and regulatory catalysts in 2017, including KRN23 Ph3 data in adult XLH (1H17), BLA filing in the US, CHMP opinion in EU (2H17), Ace-ER Ph3 data in GNE myopathy (2H17)' RARE reported 4Q16 OpEx of $70.6M vs. our/consensus est of $74.8/69.9M. EPS was ($1.75) vs. our/consensus est of ($1.86/1.72). The company ended the quarter with $498.1M cash and guided that the cash should be sufficient to fund all clinical programs through Ph3 studies and potential launch. Mgmt guided to a continual increase in OpEx with a gradually slower YoY growth. Our $109 target is based on probability adjusted DCF. Risks include delay in EU conditional approval, less robust data, toxicity." (2/17/2017)
Who are some of Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical include Clovis Oncology (CLVS), BeiGene (BGNE), Agios Pharmaceuticals (AGIO), Sarepta Therapeutics (SRPT), AveXis (AVXS), Spark Therapeutics (ONCE), GW Pharmaceuticals PLC (GWPH), Halozyme Therapeutics (HALO), Array BioPharma (ARRY), Loxo Oncology (LOXO), Aerie Pharmaceuticals (AERI), Prothena Corporation PLC (PRTA), China Biologic Products (CBPO), Insmed (INSM), Intercept Pharmaceuticals (ICPT), Acceleron Pharma (XLRN), NovoCure Limited (NVCR) and Radius Health (RDUS).
Who are Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical's key executives?
Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical's management team includes the folowing people:
- Daniel G. Welch, Independent Chairman of the Board
- Emil D. Kakkis M.D. Ph.D., President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Shalini Sharp, Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice President
- Sunil Agarwal M.D., President - Research and Development
- Karah Parschauer, Executive Vice President, General Counsel
- Jayson Dallas M.D., Chief Commercial Officer and Executive Vice President
- Dennis Karl Huang, Chief Technical Operations Officer, Executive Vice President
- Thomas Kassberg, Chief Business Officer, Executive Vice President
- John R. Pinion II, Chief Quality Operations Officer and Executive Vice President Analytical Sciences and Research
- William E. Aliski, Independent Director
How do I buy Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical stock?
Shares of Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical (NASDAQ RARE)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical stock can currently be purchased for approximately $53.46.
Consensus Ratings for Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical (NASDAQ:RARE) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||1 Sell Rating, 8 Hold Ratings, 8 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Hold (Score: 2.41)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$71.94 (34.56% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical (NASDAQ:RARE)
Analysts' Ratings History for Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical (NASDAQ:RARE)
(Data available from 10/18/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|10/6/2017||Morgan Stanley||Reiterated Rating||Equal Weight||$69.00 -> $71.00||N/A|
|9/19/2017||Robert W. Baird||Reiterated Rating||Buy||Low|
|9/14/2017||Wedbush||Upgrade||Neutral -> Outperform||$62.00||High|
|9/12/2017||Canaccord Genuity||Reiterated Rating||Buy||Low|
|9/6/2017||Barclays PLC||Initiated Coverage||Equal Weight||$60.00||High|
|8/23/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Set Price Target||Hold||$62.00||Low|
|8/23/2017||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Set Price Target||Buy||$87.00 -> $76.00||Low|
|8/23/2017||JMP Securities||Lower Price Target||Market Outperform||$90.00 -> $80.00||Low|
|8/23/2017||Stifel Nicolaus||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$95.00 -> $85.00||High|
|8/23/2017||Leerink Swann||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$89.00 -> $83.00||High|
|8/23/2017||Cowen and Company||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||High|
|8/23/2017||SunTrust Banks, Inc.||Downgrade||Buy -> Hold||$105.00 -> $55.00||High|
|8/16/2017||Evercore ISI||Initiated Coverage||In -> In-Line||$63.00||High|
|8/8/2017||HC Wainwright||Reiterated Rating||Neutral -> Neutral||$72.00 -> $75.00||Low|
|7/27/2017||Sanford C. Bernstein||Initiated Coverage||Market Perform||$72.00||High|
|3/23/2017||Piper Jaffray Companies||Reiterated Rating||Overweight -> Neutral||High|
|11/30/2016||Citigroup Inc.||Downgrade||Neutral -> Sell||N/A|
|9/14/2016||Credit Suisse Group||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$101.00||N/A|
|6/28/2016||Bank of America Corporation||Initiated Coverage||Buy||$72.00||N/A|
|2/9/2016||Sterne Agee CRT||Initiated Coverage||Buy||N/A|
Earnings History for Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical (NASDAQ:RARE)Earnings History by Quarter for Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical (NASDAQ RARE)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|7/27/2017||Q2 2017||($1.73)||($1.72)||$0.01 million||View||N/A|
|5/4/2017||Q1 2017||($1.71)||($1.63)||$0.05 million||View||Listen|
|2/16/2017||Q4 2016||($1.72)||($1.75)||$0.05 million||$0.01 million||View||N/A|
|11/7/2016||Q3||($1.53)||($1.64)||$7.60 million||$0.11 million||View||Listen|
Earnings Estimates for Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical (NASDAQ:RARE)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($7.23)
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($5.95)
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical (NASDAQ:RARE)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical (NASDAQ:RARE)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 9.20%Insider Trades by Quarter for Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical (NASDAQ:RARE)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 96.07%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|8/28/2017||Emil D Kakkis||CEO||Buy||7,500||$52.52||$393,900.00|| |
|5/26/2017||Theodore Alan Huizenga||VP||Sell||480||$57.46||$27,580.80|| |
|3/9/2017||Theodore Alan Huizenga||Insider||Sell||2,500||$86.34||$215,850.00|| |
|3/2/2017||Shalini Sharp||CFO||Sell||12,000||$90.10||$1,081,200.00|| |
|2/27/2017||Shalini Sharp||CFO||Sell||12,000||$80.14||$961,680.00|| |
|12/5/2016||William Aliski||Director||Sell||6,000||$78.19||$469,140.00|| |
|11/9/2016||Shalini Sharp||CFO||Sell||24,000||$71.20||$1,708,800.00|| |
|10/19/2016||Shalini Sharp||CFO||Sell||12,000||$61.40||$736,800.00|| |
|10/14/2016||Emil D Kakkis||CEO||Sell||20,000||$63.02||$1,260,400.00|| |
|8/15/2016||Emil D Kakkis||CEO||Sell||20,000||$67.61||$1,352,200.00|| |
|7/21/2016||Sunil Agarwal||Insider||Sell||649||$52.68||$34,189.32|| |
|7/15/2016||Emil D Kakkis||CEO||Sell||20,000||$50.85||$1,017,000.00|| |
|6/20/2016||Sunil Agarwal||Insider||Sell||650||$54.16||$35,204.00|| |
|5/24/2016||Sunil Agarwal||Insider||Sell||650||$66.00||$42,900.00|| |
|5/16/2016||Emil D Kakkis||CEO||Sell||20,000||$59.95||$1,199,000.00|| |
|4/20/2016||Sunil Agarwal||Insider||Sell||649||$70.53||$45,773.97|| |
|4/15/2016||Emil D Kakkis||CEO||Sell||20,000||$70.33||$1,406,600.00|| |
|3/22/2016||Sunil Agarwal||Insider||Sell||650||$61.45||$39,942.50|| |
|2/22/2016||Sunil Agarwal||Insider||Sell||658||$63.48||$41,769.84|| |
|1/20/2016||Sunil Agarwal||insider||Sell||585||$72.83||$42,605.55|| |
|12/31/2015||Emil D. Kakkis||CEO||Sell||20,000||$114.52||$2,290,400.00|| |
|12/22/2015||Sunil Agarwal||Insider||Sell||498||$114.81||$57,175.38|| |
|12/18/2015||Theodore Alan Huizenga||insider||Sell||1,500||$110.55||$165,825.00|| |
|8/20/2015||Sunil Agarwal||insider||Sell||17,020||$111.18||$1,892,283.60|| |
|8/12/2015||Thomas Richard Kassberg||SVP||Sell||3,334||$109.70||$365,739.80|| |
|7/20/2015||Shalini Sharp||CFO||Sell||3,854||$131.95||$508,535.30|| |
|7/8/2015||Thomas Richard Kassberg||SVP||Sell||3,334||$102.12||$340,468.08|| |
|6/18/2015||Shalini Sharp||CFO||Sell||4,000||$96.08||$384,320.00|| |
|6/17/2015||Theodore Alan Huizenga||Insider||Sell||1,500||$94.80||$142,200.00|| |
|6/10/2015||Thomas Richard Kassberg||SVP||Sell||3,334||$88.19||$294,025.46|| |
|4/20/2015||Shalini Sharp||CFO||Sell||4,000||$62.23||$248,920.00|| |
|4/8/2015||Thomas Richard Kassberg||SVP||Sell||3,333||$58.02||$193,380.66|| |
|1/20/2015||Shalini Sharp||CFO||Sell||4,000||$51.24||$204,960.00|| |
|12/18/2014||Shalini Sharp||CFO||Sell||4,000||$44.82||$179,280.00|| |
|12/10/2014||Thomas Richard Kassberg||SVP||Sell||3,333||$40.22||$134,053.26|| |
|12/4/2014||William Aliski||Director||Sell||6,000||$42.16||$252,960.00|| |
|11/20/2014||Shalini Sharp||CFO||Sell||4,000||$44.07||$176,280.00|| |
|11/12/2014||Thomas Richard Kassberg||SVP||Sell||3,333||$41.85||$139,486.05|| |
|10/8/2014||Thomas Richard Kassberg||SVP||Sell||3,333||$53.26||$177,515.58|| |
|9/18/2014||Shalini Sharp||CFO||Sell||4,000||$56.00||$224,000.00|| |
|9/10/2014||Thomas Richard Kassberg||SVP||Sell||3,333||$54.82||$182,715.06|| |
|9/3/2014||Thomas Richard Kassberg||SVP||Sell||20,000||$53.91||$1,078,200.00|| |
|8/18/2014||Shalini Sharp||CFO||Sell||4,000||$53.97||$215,880.00|| |
|7/14/2014||Group Holdings (Sbs) Advis Tpg||Insider||Sell||488,820||$37.60||$18,379,632.00|| |
|1/31/2014||Fmr Llc||Insider||Buy||175,000||$21.00||$3,675,000.00|| |
|1/30/2014||Shalini Sharp||CFO||Buy||4,500||$21.00||$94,500.00|| |
|1/30/2014||Thomas Richard Kassberg||SVP||Buy||1,500||$21.00||$31,500.00|| |
|1/30/2014||William Aliski||Director||Buy||5,000||$21.00||$105,000.00|| |
Headline Trends for Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical (NASDAQ:RARE)
Latest Headlines for Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical (NASDAQ:RARE)
Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical (RARE) Chart for Wednesday, October, 18, 2017