About RCI Hospitality Holdings (NASDAQ:RICK)
With more than 40 units, RCI Hospitality Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiaries, is the country's leading company in gentlemen's clubs and sports bars/restaurants. Clubs in New York City, Miami, Philadelphia, Charlotte, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Houston, Minneapolis, and other cities operate under brand names, such as “Rick's Cabaret,” “XTC,” “Club Onyx,” “Vivid Cabaret,” “Jaguars” and “Tootsie's Cabaret.” Sports bars/restaurants operate under the brand name “Bombshells Restaurant & Bar.” Investors are attracted by RCI's strong cash flow, operating margins and local laws that create high barriers to entry in the gentlemen's club business.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Consumer Discretionary
- Industry: Restaurants
- Sub-Industry: Restaurants
- Symbol: NASDAQ:RICK
- CUSIP: 74934Q108
- Web: www.rcihospitality.com
- Market Cap: $273.01 million
- Outstanding Shares: 9,718,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $25.26
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $22.30
- 52 Week Range: $11.09 - $28.22
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 25.40
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 14.71
- P/E Growth: 0.47
- Annual Revenue: $138.72 million
- Price / Sales: 1.97
- Book Value: $14.00 per share
- Price / Book: 2.01
- Annual Dividend: $0.12
- Dividend Yield: 0.4%
- EBITDA: $35.64 million
- Net Margins: 7.84%
- Return on Equity: 10.75%
- Return on Assets: 5.08%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.79%
- Current Ratio: 0.96%
- Quick Ratio: 0.88%
- Average Volume: 65,632 shs.
- Beta: 0.27
- Short Ratio: 5.42
Frequently Asked Questions for RCI Hospitality Holdings (NASDAQ:RICK)
What is RCI Hospitality Holdings' stock symbol?
RCI Hospitality Holdings trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "RICK."
How often does RCI Hospitality Holdings pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for RCI Hospitality Holdings?
RCI Hospitality Holdings announced a quarterly dividend on Wednesday, August 16th. Investors of record on Monday, September 11th will be given a dividend of $0.03 per share on Monday, September 25th. This represents a $0.12 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 0.43%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Friday, September 8th. View RCI Hospitality Holdings' Dividend History.
How were RCI Hospitality Holdings' earnings last quarter?
RCI Hospitality Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ:RICK) announced its earnings results on Wednesday, August, 9th. The company reported $0.47 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the Zacks' consensus estimate of $0.43 by $0.04. The firm earned $37.43 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $37.64 million. RCI Hospitality Holdings had a return on equity of 10.75% and a net margin of 7.84%. During the same period in the prior year, the company earned $0.34 EPS. View RCI Hospitality Holdings' Earnings History.
Where is RCI Hospitality Holdings' stock going? Where will RCI Hospitality Holdings' stock price be in 2017?
2 brokerages have issued 1-year price objectives for RCI Hospitality Holdings' stock. Their predictions range from $27.00 to $30.00. On average, they expect RCI Hospitality Holdings' stock price to reach $28.50 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for RCI Hospitality Holdings.
What are analysts saying about RCI Hospitality Holdings stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about RCI Hospitality Holdings stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "RCI Hospitality Holdings, Inc. owns and/or operates adult nightclubs that offer live adult entertainment, restaurant, and bar services. It operates adult nightclubs under the name Rick's Cabaret, Club Onyx, XTC Cabaret, Tootsie's Cabaret, Cabaret North, Jaguars and Cabaret East. The Company also owns and operates adult Internet Websites. RCI Hospitality Holdings, Inc., formerly known as Rick's Cabaret International, Inc., is based in Houston, Texas. " (10/11/2017)
- 2. Westpark Capital analysts commented, "We saw press reports highlighting New York State’s win on a legal fight that places restrictions on the parameters of adult entertainment establishments. This development will negatively impact smaller players in the space that have been operating under a loophole. We believe RICK and some other established players will benefit from this regulatory development, as they have special licenses. New York State is the company’s 3 rd biggest market and will position RICK to grow in the region. Our estimates remain unchanged, but we are already expecting the company’s earnings to grow 40% in F’18. In our view, this de-risks the investment profile of RICK. Thus, we raise our PT to $30 from $29. New Restrictions in New York market. We have been seeing reports in the media that New York State prevailed on a legal fight that places restrictions on adult entertainment establishments from operating within 500 feet from a church, school, park in most commercial and residential neighborhoods. This ban will affect smaller adult entertainment establishments that have been operating under a loophole called the “60/40” rule, which allowed adult stores to keep operating so long as less than 40% of their floor space was dedicated to adult material. However, several bigger adult entertainment establishments including RICK, will remain unaffected by the court ruling because they possess special adult entertainment licenses." (6/8/2017)
Who are some of RCI Hospitality Holdings' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to RCI Hospitality Holdings include Marine Products Corporation (MPX), Hemisphere Media Group (HMTV), GP Strategies Corporation (GPX), Essendant (ESND), Lindblad Expeditions Holdings (LIND), Entravision Communications Corporation (EVC), Care.com (CRCM), 500.com Limited (WBAI), Entercom Communications Corporation (ETM), MCBC Holdings (MCFT), Phoenix New Media Limited (FENG), Bassett Furniture Industries, Incorporated (BSET), Culp (CULP), Reading International (RDI), Perry Ellis International (PERY), American Public Education (APEI), Civeo Corporation (CVEO) and FTD Companies (FTD).
How do I buy RCI Hospitality Holdings stock?
Shares of RCI Hospitality Holdings can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is RCI Hospitality Holdings' stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for RCI Hospitality Holdings (NASDAQ RICK)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about RCI Hospitality Holdings and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of RCI Hospitality Holdings stock can currently be purchased for approximately $28.09.
Earnings History for RCI Hospitality Holdings (NASDAQ:RICK)Earnings History by Quarter for RCI Hospitality Holdings (NASDAQ RICK)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/9/2017||Q3 17||$0.43||$0.47||$37.64 million||$37.43 million||View||Listen|
|5/9/2017||Q2 2017||$0.38||$0.41||$35.26 million||$34.52 million||View||Listen|
|2/9/2017||Q117||$0.34||$0.31||$33.85 million||$33.70 million||View||Listen|
|12/13/2016||Q4 2016||$0.28||$0.31||$33.00 million||View||N/A|
|5/10/2016||Q2||$0.26||$0.40||$33.70 million||$34.40 million||View||Listen|
|5/11/2015||Q215||$0.50||$32.90 million||$37.40 million||View||Listen|
|2/9/2015||Q115||$0.47||$29.40 million||$36.50 million||View||N/A|
|5/12/2014||Q214||$0.45||$28.73 million||$32.87 million||View||N/A|
|12/16/2013||Q4||$0.15||$0.27||$28.57 million||$28.00 million||View||Listen|
|8/8/2013||Q3 2013||$0.26||$0.23||$28.01 million||$28.30 million||View||N/A|
|5/9/2013||Q2 2013||$0.26||$0.29||$29.61 million||$28.70 million||View||N/A|
|2/11/2013||Q1 2013||$0.27||$0.28||$22.02 million||$27.14 million||View||N/A|
|12/14/2012||Q4 2012||$0.22||$0.15||$20.72 million||$23.90 million||View||N/A|
|12/15/2010||$0.14||($1.23)||$18.96 million||$20.50 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for RCI Hospitality Holdings (NASDAQ:RICK)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.49 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.91 EPS
Current Dividend Information for RCI Hospitality Holdings (NASDAQ:RICK)
|Most Recent Dividend:||9/25/2017|
|Payout Ratio:||10.62% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
8.05% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
6.28% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Dividend History by Quarter for RCI Hospitality Holdings (NASDAQ RICK)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for RCI Hospitality Holdings (NASDAQ:RICK)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 7.58%Insider Trades by Quarter for RCI Hospitality Holdings (NASDAQ:RICK)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 48.47%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|5/12/2017||Eric Scott Langan||Insider||Buy||3,000||$18.74||$56,220.00|| |
|5/12/2017||Travis Reese||Director||Buy||200||$18.61||$3,722.00|| |
|5/13/2016||Eric Scott Langan||CEO||Buy||4,626||$10.78||$49,868.28|| |
|5/13/2016||Travis Reese||Director||Buy||135||$10.77||$1,453.95|| |
|3/17/2016||Eric Scott Langan||CEO||Buy||1,474||$9.26||$13,649.24|| |
|2/26/2016||Eric Scott Langan||CEO||Buy||566||$8.90||$5,037.40|| |
|2/23/2016||Travis Reese||Director||Buy||140||$8.52||$1,192.80|| |
|2/18/2016||Eric Scott Langan||CEO||Buy||910||$8.50||$7,735.00|| |
|2/18/2016||Luke Charles Lirot||Director||Buy||517||$8.60||$4,446.20|| |
|2/12/2016||Phillip Kent Marshall||CFO||Buy||250||$8.20||$2,050.00|| |
|1/8/2016||Eric Scott Langan||CEO||Buy||4,000||$9.28||$37,120.00|| |
|1/7/2016||Phillip Kent Marshall||CFO||Buy||780||$9.62||$7,503.60|| |
|2/13/2015||Phillip Kent Marshall||CFO||Buy||1,000||$10.55||$10,550.00|| |
|7/10/2014||Eric Scott Langan||CEO||Buy||3,450||$11.01||$37,984.50|| |
|6/5/2014||Robert L Watters||Director||Sell||11,443||$10.74||$122,897.82|| |
|6/2/2014||Nour-Dean Anakar||Director||Sell||21,300||$10.51||$223,863.00|| |
|5/30/2014||Phillip Kent Marshall||CFO||Sell||22,224||$10.46||$232,463.04|| |
|5/28/2014||Luke Charles Lirot||Director||Sell||30,000||$10.51||$315,300.00|| |
|5/23/2014||Robert L Watters||Director||Sell||18,557||$10.53||$195,405.21|| |
|5/19/2014||Phillip Kent Marshall||CFO||Sell||17,776||$10.84||$192,691.84|| |
|5/15/2014||Travis Reese||Director||Sell||25,000||$10.93||$273,250.00|| |
|2/18/2014||Travis Reese||Director||Sell||25,000||$11.59||$289,750.00|| |
|2/14/2014||Steven Jenkins||Director||Sell||30,000||$11.56||$346,800.00|| |
|6/5/2013||Eric Scott Langan||CEO||Buy||3,578||$8.54||$30,556.12|| |
|5/14/2013||Travis Reese||Director||Sell||4,000||$8.58||$34,320.00|| |
|12/31/2012||Eric Scott Langan||CEO||Buy||2,203||$8.04||$17,712.12|| |
|11/13/2012||Eric Scott Langan||CEO||Buy||3,099||$7.90||$24,482.10|| |
|9/4/2012||Eric Scott Langan||CEO||Buy||3,300||$7.69||$25,377.00|| |
Headline Trends for RCI Hospitality Holdings (NASDAQ:RICK)
Latest Headlines for RCI Hospitality Holdings (NASDAQ:RICK)
Loading headlines, please wait.
RCI Hospitality Holdings (RICK) Chart for Sunday, October, 22, 2017