About Super Micro Computer
Super Micro Computer, Inc. is engaged in developing and providing end-to-end green computing solutions to the cloud computing, data center, enterprise information technology (IT), big data, high performance computing (HPC) and Internet of Things (IoT)/embedded markets. The Company's solutions range from server, storage, blade and workstations to full racks, networking devices, server management software and technology support and services. The Company sells its server systems and server subsystems and accessories through a combination of distributors, including value added resellers and system integrators, and other equipment manufacturers (OEMs). As of June 30, 2016, the Company offered over 4,950 stock keeping units (SKUs), including SKUs for server and storage systems, serverboards, chassis, power supplies and other system accessories. The Company develops and manufactures server solutions based upon a modular and open architecture.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Networking & Communication Devices
- Sub-Industry: Computer Hardware
- Exchange: NASDAQ
- Symbol: SMCI
- CUSIP: 86800U10
- Previous Close: $27.00
- 50 Day Moving Average: $27.10
- 200 Day Moving Average: $24.84
- 52-Week Range: $18.60 - $34.69
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 23.64
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 13.04
- P/E Growth: 1.12
- Market Cap: $1.30B
- Outstanding Shares: 48,295,000
- Beta: 0.27
- Net Margins: 2.64%
- Return on Equity: 8.14%
- Return on Assets: 4.81%
Companies Related to Super Micro Computer:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.05%
- Current Ratio: 2.18%
- Quick Ratio: 1.01%
What is Super Micro Computer's stock symbol?
Super Micro Computer trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "SMCI."
Where is Super Micro Computer's stock going? Where will Super Micro Computer's stock price be in 2017?
7 brokers have issued 12 month price targets for Super Micro Computer's stock. Their forecasts range from $24.00 to $40.00. On average, they anticipate Super Micro Computer's share price to reach $32.43 in the next year.
When will Super Micro Computer announce their earnings?
Super Micro Computer is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Wednesday, April, 26th 2017.
What are analysts saying about Super Micro Computer stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Super Micro Computer stock:
- Needham & Company LLC analysts commented, "On Thursday, an article appeared on a tech blog highlighting a situation that arose in early 2016 between a data center customer (in this case Apple) and Super Micro. According to the article, this customer discovered what it believed was a security flaw in one of its servers provided from SMCI, returned some servers and subsequently severed its supply relationship. Given the gravity of the allegations, Super Micro published a formal response this morning. SMCI indicated that during the period in question, to the extent a security concern was raised, it was fully investigated and determined that there was 'no valid security concern' related to the Super Micro product. Why bring up this situation, which was apparently resolved and occurred over a year ago, at this time? Clearly, Apple was never a top ten customer, and with no actual issue we don't believe any disclosure would have been required nor expected. In our view, the proper response for investors is to capitalize on any downdraft that could occur from such 'reporting' and buy the dip. We reiterate our Buy and $33 target." (2/24/2017)
- Susquehanna Bancshares Inc analysts commented, "SMCI is executing well on its Enterprise strategy, and we are encouraged with the strong Mar Q guide ahead of a meaningful product cycle in 2HCY17 as well as continued growth in its next-gen storage business." (1/27/2017)
According to Zacks Investment Research, "Super Micro Computer, Inc. designs, develops, manufactures and sells energy-efficient, application optimized server solutions based on the x86 architecture. The Company's solutions include a range of rack mount and blade server systems, as well as components. Supermicro emphasizes superior product design and uncompromising quality control to produce industry-leading serverboards, chassis and server systems. These Server Building Block Solutions provide benefits across many environments, including data center deployment, high-performance computing, high-end workstations, storage networks and standalone server installations. Super Micro Computer sells its server systems and components primarily through distributors, which include value-added resellers and system integrators, and to a lesser extent, to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). Super Micro Computer, Inc. is headquartered in San Jose, California. " (12/28/2016)
Who owns Super Micro Computer stock?
Super Micro Computer's stock is owned by a variety of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include FMR LLC (9.74%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (5.07%), Disciplined Growth Investors Inc. MN (4.92%), Alyeska Investment Group L.P. (2.11%), State Street Corp (1.70%) and Royce & Associates LP (1.27%). Company insiders that own Super Micro Computer stock include Cheng-Hsien Phidias Chou, Howard Hideshima, Hwei-Ming Fred Tsai, Liang Chiu-Chu Sara Liu and Yih-Shyan Wally Liaw.
Who sold Super Micro Computer stock? Who is selling Super Micro Computer stock?
Super Micro Computer's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Royce & Associates LP, AQR Capital Management LLC, Pinnacle Associates Ltd., Fiera Capital Corp, GRT Capital Partners L.L.C., Envestnet Asset Management Inc. and Teachers Retirement System of The State of Kentucky. Company insiders that have sold Super Micro Computer stock in the last year include Cheng-Hsien Phidias Chou, Howard Hideshima, Hwei-Ming Fred Tsai and Yih-Shyan Wally Liaw.
Who bought Super Micro Computer stock? Who is buying Super Micro Computer stock?
Super Micro Computer's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Alyeska Investment Group L.P., Artemis Investment Management LLP, Dimensional Fund Advisors LP, FMR LLC, State Street Corp, Two Sigma Investments LP, Disciplined Growth Investors Inc. MN and Russell Investments Group Ltd..
How do I buy Super Micro Computer stock?
Shares of Super Micro Computer can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Super Micro Computer stock cost?
One share of Super Micro Computer stock can currently be purchased for approximately $27.00.