About Wingstop (NASDAQ:WING)
Wingstop Inc. is franchisor and operator of restaurants that specializes in cooked-to-order, hand-sauced and tossed chicken wings. The Company operates through two segments: Franchise and Company. As of December 31, 2016, the Company offers its guests 11 flavors on bone-in and boneless chicken wings paired with hand-cut, seasoned fries and sides. It is a casual chicken wings-focused restaurant chain with various concepts, which include wings as add-on menu items or focus on wings in a bar or sports-centric setting. The flavors include Atomic, Mango Habanero, Cajun, Original Hot, Louisiana Rub, Mild, Hickory Smoked BBQ, Lemon Pepper, Garlic Parmesan, Hawaiian and Teriyaki. It offers various order options, including eat-in, to go, individual, combo meals and family packs. The Company maintains Website hosting, and manages the development and maintenance of the mobile Wingstop application. It markets Wingstop products, services and restaurants through the Website, www.wingstop.com.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Industry: Quick Service Restaurants
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Sector: Quick Service Restaurants
- Symbol: NASDAQ:WING
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.wingstop.com
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: -2.37%
- Current Ratio: 0.89%
- Quick Ratio: 0.89%
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 55.13
- Forward P/E Ratio: 52.58
- P/E Growth: 2.8
- Annual Sales: $91.36 million
- Price / Sales: 12.22
- Cash Flow: $0.63 per share
- Price / Cash: 60.45
- Book Value: ($1.98) per share
- Price / Book: -19.38
- Annual Dividend: $0.07
- Dividend Yield: 0.2%
- Trailing EPS: $0.72
- Net Income: $15.43 million
- Net Margins: 20.70%
- Return on Equity: -32.39%
- Return on Assets: 18.34%
- Employees: 479
- Outstanding Shares: 29,090,000
Frequently Asked Questions for Wingstop (NASDAQ:WING)
What is Wingstop's stock symbol?
Wingstop trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "WING."
How often does Wingstop pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Wingstop?
Wingstop declared a None dividend on Thursday, November 2nd. Stockholders of record on Monday, December 4th will be paid a dividend of $0.07 per share on Tuesday, December 19th. This represents a dividend yield of 0.77%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Friday, December 1st. View Wingstop's Dividend History.
How were Wingstop's earnings last quarter?
Wingstop Inc. (NASDAQ:WING) announced its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, November, 2nd. The restaurant operator reported $0.17 earnings per share for the quarter, topping analysts' consensus estimates of $0.15 by $0.02. The restaurant operator earned $26.03 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $25.13 million. Wingstop had a negative return on equity of 32.39% and a net margin of 20.70%. The business's revenue for the quarter was up 19.4% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter last year, the company posted $0.13 EPS. View Wingstop's Earnings History.
When will Wingstop make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Wingstop's stock going? Where will Wingstop's stock price be in 2017?
10 brokerages have issued 1 year price objectives for Wingstop's shares. Their predictions range from $29.00 to $40.00. On average, they expect Wingstop's stock price to reach $35.56 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Wingstop.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Wingstop stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Wingstop stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Wingstop Inc. franchises and operates restaurants. The Company's operating segment consists of Franchise segment and Company segment. It offers cooked-to-order, hand-sauced and tossed chicken wings. Wingstop Inc. is headquartered in Dallas, Texas. " (11/14/2017)
- 2. Wedbush analysts commented, "The Wedbush View: We expect upside to lowered expectations, driven by both SSS growth and margin outperformance. Moreover, we believe a growing understanding of WING’s recurring special dividends is poised to drive increased appreciation of Wingstop’s unique business model, and a rising premium to peers. Checks indicate Q1 SSS growth above consensus. Our recent checks point to SSS growth in the range of -1.5% to flat relative to consensus of -1.5% in Q1. SSS growth through February was -2.6%. A more conservative quantification of qualitative responses results in a 1% run rate in March, with a more aggressive quantification resulting in a 3% run rate." (4/7/2017)
- 3. Wells Fargo & Company analysts commented, "A thesis-testing quarter, but a return to positive same-store sales in recent weeks; we are sticking with our thinking that WING will continue to deliver sizable market share gains, high-quality double-digit % unit growth and 90%+ free cash flow conversion over the LT. WING reported 4Q16 EPS of $0.15, outpacing our & the Street estimate by $0.01, as weaker-than-expected domestic SSS (+1.0%) were offset by lower-than-expected SG&A costs. 2017 guidance metrics were generally in line with the company's long-term (LT) model, but SSS have started off 1Q weaker (down 2.6% QTD) and the 2017 EPS range ($0.63-$0.64) failed to bracket the Street ($0.65), which may hit the stock in the near term. However, we think the SSS softness will be ephemeral as evidenced by the return to positive territory over the past 2 weeks with national TV advertising launched and tax refunds accelerating. We believe that WING's valuation premium is both merited and sustainable driven by the company's unrivaled unit development momentum, our expectation for accelerating market share gains in 2017 (with national TV advertising) and potential for a biennial dividend equal to 10%+ of current market cap. Lowering our 2017E EPS to $0.64 from $0.66. Our 2018E EPS is $0.80 and we are modestly lowering our valuation range to $30-$32 from $32-$34." (3/3/2017)
- 4. Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "EPS of $0.15 beat Jef/Cons. of $0.13/$0.14 on a lower tax rate and SG&A, which offset lower than expected SSS of +1% vs. Jef/Cons. of +3%. SSS 1QTD is -2.6%, but improving with tax refunds coming through and national advertising. '17 guide calls for low single digit SSS and 13-15% unit growth. We're choosing to be conservative so our '17/18E EPS go to $0.61/$0.72 from $0.58/$0.70 and we lower our PT to $28 from $30." (3/3/2017)
Who are some of Wingstop's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Wingstop include Arcos Dorados Holdings (ARCO), Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen (PLKI), Domino's Pizza Group plc (DOM), Sonic Corp. (SONC), CEC Entertainment (CEC), Red Robin Gourmet Burgers (RRGB), Del Taco Restaurants (TACO), Carrols Restaurant Group (TAST), Fogo de Chao (FOGO), Noodles & Company (NDLS), Country Syl Ckng Restaurant Chain Co Ltd (CCSC), Jamba (JMBA) and Papa Murphy's Holdings (FRSH).
Who are Wingstop's key executives?
Wingstop's management team includes the folowing people:
- Charles Richard Morrison, Chairman of the Board, President, Chief Executive Officer (Age 48)
- Michael J. Skipworth, Chief Financial Officer (Age 39)
- Larry D. Kruger, President - International (Age 51)
- Darryl R. Marsch, Senior Vice President, General Counsel, Secretary (Age 51)
- Stacy Peterson, Chief Information Officer (Age 41)
- Flynn K. Dekker, Chief Marketing Officer (Age 47)
- Madison A. Jobe, Chief Development Officer (Age 62)
- Lynn Crump-Caine, Lead Independent Director (Age 60)
- Sidney J. Feltenstein, Independent Director (Age 76)
- David L. Goebel, Independent Director (Age 66)
When did Wingstop IPO?
(WING) raised $75 million in an IPO on Friday, June 12th 2015. The company issued 5,800,000 shares at $12.00-$14.00 per share. Morgan Stanley, Jefferies and Baird acted as the underwriters for the IPO and Goldman Sachs, Barclays and Wells Fargo Securities were co-managers.
Who owns Wingstop stock?
Wingstop's stock is owned by many different of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include Wells Fargo & Company MN (6.51%), Stephens Investment Management Group LLC (4.65%), Bamco Inc. NY (3.47%), Jennison Associates LLC (2.82%), Cortina Asset Management LLC (2.12%) and Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (1.88%). Company insiders that own Wingstop stock include Charles R Morrison, David A Vernon, Flynn Dekker, Lawrence Kruguer, Michael Mravle, Michael Skipworth, Neal K Aronson, Sidney J Feltenstein, Stacy Peterson and William Engen. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Wingstop.
Who sold Wingstop stock? Who is selling Wingstop stock?
Wingstop's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Ameriprise Financial Inc., Pier Capital LLC, Wells Fargo & Company MN, Elk Creek Partners LLC, Nicholas Investment Partners LP, Jennison Associates LLC, Victory Capital Management Inc. and Russell Investments Group Ltd.. Company insiders that have sold Wingstop company stock in the last year include Charles R Morrison, Flynn Dekker, Lawrence Kruguer, Michael Mravle, Sidney J Feltenstein and Stacy Peterson. View Insider Buying and Selling for Wingstop.
Who bought Wingstop stock? Who is buying Wingstop stock?
Wingstop's stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including CI Investments Inc., Dimensional Fund Advisors LP, Cortina Asset Management LLC, Stephens Investment Management Group LLC, Bamco Inc. NY, Engineers Gate Manager LP, Schwab Charles Investment Management Inc. and Fox Run Management L.L.C.. View Insider Buying and Selling for Wingstop.
How do I buy Wingstop stock?
Shares of Wingstop can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Wingstop's stock price today?
One share of Wingstop stock can currently be purchased for approximately $38.38.
How big of a company is Wingstop?
Wingstop has a market capitalization of $1.13 billion and generates $91.36 million in revenue each year. The restaurant operator earns $15.43 million in net income (profit) each year or $0.72 on an earnings per share basis. Wingstop employs 479 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Wingstop?
Wingstop's mailing address is 5501 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy Fl 5, DALLAS, TX 75240-6225, United States. The restaurant operator can be reached via phone at +1-972-3318484.
MarketBeat Community Rating for Wingstop (NASDAQ WING)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Wingstop and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
Analysts' Consensus Rating for Wingstop (NASDAQ:WING) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus analyst ratings for company stocks using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Analyst consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings from Wall Street analysts. Each stock's consensus analyst rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||0 Sell Ratings, 3 Hold Ratings, 6 Buy Ratings, 1 Strong Buy Rating|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.80)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$35.56 (7.36% downside)|
Consensus Price Target History for Wingstop (NASDAQ:WING)
Analysts' Ratings History for Wingstop (NASDAQ:WING)
(Data available from 11/18/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|11/10/2017||Robert W. Baird||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$39.00||N/A|
|11/3/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Boost Price Target||Hold||$28.00 -> $29.00||N/A|
|11/3/2017||Stifel Nicolaus||Upgrade||Hold -> Buy||$35.00 -> $40.00||N/A|
|10/13/2017||Longbow Research||Initiated Coverage||Neutral||N/A|
|9/16/2017||Cowen and Company||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$37.00||Low|
|8/4/2017||Barclays PLC||Reiterated Rating||Equal Weight||$32.00 -> $34.00||Low|
|8/4/2017||Wedbush||Boost Price Target||Outperform -> Outperform||$35.00 -> $36.00||Medium|
|5/23/2017||The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc.||Upgrade||Buy -> Conviction-Buy||$36.00||Low|
|5/8/2017||Stephens||Boost Price Target||Overweight||$32.00 -> $34.00||Low|
|5/8/2017||Wells Fargo & Company||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$31.00 -> $35.00||Low|
|8/5/2016||Morgan Stanley||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$38.00||N/A|
Earnings History and Estimates Chart for Wingstop (NASDAQ:WING)
Earnings History by Quarter for Wingstop (NASDAQ WING)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|3/1/2018|| || || || || || || || |
|11/2/2017||Q3 2017||$0.15||$0.17||$25.13 million||$26.03 million||View||N/A|
|8/3/2017||Q2 2017||$0.15||$0.18||$24.61 million||$24.70 million||View||Listen|
|5/4/2017||Q1 2017||$0.16||$0.22||$24.22 million||$26.57 million||View||Listen|
|3/2/2017||Q4 2016||$0.14||$0.15||$25.04 million||$24.80 million||View||Listen|
|11/1/2016||Q3||$0.12||$0.13||$21.59 million||$21.81 million||View||N/A|
|8/4/2016||Q2||$0.14||$0.15||$22.05 million||$22.70 million||View||N/A|
|5/5/2016||Q1||$0.14||$0.16||$21.46 million||$22.10 million||View||Listen|
|3/3/2016||Q415||$0.11||$0.13||$20.20 million||$20.60 million||View||Listen|
|11/5/2015||Q315||$0.09||$0.11||$18.61 million||$19.10 million||View||N/A|
|8/6/2015||Q215||$0.09||$0.11||$18.37 million||$19.20 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Wingstop (NASDAQ:WING)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.62
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.81
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Current Dividend Information for Wingstop (NASDAQ:WING)
|Payout Ratio:||9.72% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
9.59% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
8.75% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Dividend History by Quarter for Wingstop (NASDAQ WING)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Wingstop (NASDAQ WING)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 1.76%
Insider Trades by Quarter for Wingstop (NASDAQ WING)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|11/7/2017||Flynn Dekker||Insider||Sell||16,350||$35.77||$584,839.50|| |
|9/14/2017||Lawrence Kruguer||Insider||Sell||10,526||$33.67||$354,410.42|| |
|8/24/2017||Stacy Peterson||Insider||Sell||11,557||$34.60||$399,872.20|| |
|8/21/2017||Charles R. Morrison||Chairman||Sell||25,000||$34.71||$867,750.00|| |
|5/24/2017||Sidney J Feltenstein||Director||Sell||26,000||$30.06||$781,560.00|| |
|5/23/2017||Sidney J Feltenstein||Director||Sell||15,401||$30.08||$463,262.08|| |
|5/19/2017||Lawrence Kruguer||Insider||Sell||402||$30.12||$12,108.24|| |
|5/15/2017||Flynn Dekker||Insider||Sell||4,102||$30.59||$125,480.18|| |
|5/10/2017||Michael Mravle||CFO||Sell||34,605||$30.82||$1,066,526.10|| |
|11/8/2016||Neal K Aronson||Director||Sell||6,765,858||$26.28||$177,806,748.24|| |
|9/29/2016||David A Vernon||Insider||Sell||6,540||$28.70||$187,698.00|| |
|8/12/2016||Neal K Aronson||Director||Sell||6,000,000||$28.50||$171,000,000.00|| |
|6/27/2016||Stacy Peterson||Insider||Sell||6,268||$25.85||$162,027.80|| |
|6/27/2016||William Engen||COO||Sell||4,340||$25.85||$112,189.00|| |
|6/22/2016||Michael Skipworth||Insider||Sell||5,000||$27.42||$137,100.00|| |
|6/20/2016||David A Vernon||Insider||Sell||17,206||$27.57||$474,369.42|| |
|3/14/2016||Charles R Morrison||CEO||Sell||47,150||$22.86||$1,077,849.00|| |
|3/14/2016||Neal K Aronson||Director||Sell||6,354,532||$22.86||$145,264,601.52|| |
|6/17/2015||Jay Young||General Counsel||Buy||12,000||$19.00||$228,000.00|| |
|6/17/2015||Michael Mravle||CFO||Buy||10,000||$19.00||$190,000.00|| |
|6/17/2015||Michael Skipworth||Insider||Buy||4,200||$19.00||$79,800.00|| |
|6/17/2015||Neal K Aronson||Director||Sell||3,224,610||$19.00||$61,267,590.00|| |
Headline Trends for Wingstop (NASDAQ:WING)
Latest Headlines for Wingstop (NASDAQ WING)
Wingstop (NASDAQ WING) Chart for Saturday, November, 18, 2017