About DENTSPLY SIRONA (NASDAQ:XRAY)
DENTSPLY SIRONA Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, and markets various dental and oral health products, and other consumable healthcare products primarily for the professional dental market worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Technologies & Equipment; and Consumables. Its dental supplies include endodontic instruments and materials, dental anesthetics, prophylaxis pastes, dental sealants, impression materials, restorative materials, tooth whiteners, and topical fluoride products; and small equipment products comprise dental hand pieces, intraoral curing light systems, dental diagnostic systems, and ultrasonic scalers and polishers. The company also offers dental laboratory products, such as dental prosthetics that include artificial teeth, precious metal dental alloys, dental ceramics, and crown and bridge materials. In addition, it provides dental technology products, including dental implants and related scanning equipment, treatment software, and orthodontic appliances for dental practitioners and specialist, and dental laboratories; and dental equipment, such as treatment centers, imaging equipment, and computer aided design and machining systems for dental practitioners and laboratories. Further, the company offers healthcare consumable products, such as urology catheters, various surgical products, medical drills, and other non-medical products. It markets and sells dental products through distributors, dealers, and importers to dentists, dental hygienists, dental assistants, dental laboratories, and dental schools; and urology products directly to patients, as well as through distributors to urologists, urology nurses, and general practitioners. The company was formerly known as DENTSPLY International Inc. and changed its name to DENTSPLY SIRONA Inc. in February 2016. DENTSPLY SIRONA Inc. was founded in 1899 and is headquartered in York, Pennsylvania.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Dental equipment & supplies
Sub-IndustryHealth Care Supplies
Trailing P/E Ratio16.81
Forward P/E Ratio17.27
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$3.99 billion
Price / Sales2.55
Cash Flow$11.18 per share
Price / Cash4.00
Book Value$28.86 per share
Price / Book1.55
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)$2.66
Return on Equity8.63%
Return on Assets5.67%
DENTSPLY SIRONA (NASDAQ:XRAY) Frequently Asked Questions
What is DENTSPLY SIRONA's stock symbol?
DENTSPLY SIRONA trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "XRAY."
How often does DENTSPLY SIRONA pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for DENTSPLY SIRONA?
DENTSPLY SIRONA declared a quarterly dividend on Wednesday, April 25th. Shareholders of record on Friday, June 29th will be given a dividend of $0.0875 per share on Friday, July 13th. This represents a $0.35 annualized dividend and a yield of 0.78%. The ex-dividend date is Thursday, June 28th. View DENTSPLY SIRONA's Dividend History.
How were DENTSPLY SIRONA's earnings last quarter?
DENTSPLY SIRONA Inc (NASDAQ:XRAY) issued its quarterly earnings data on Sunday, May, 6th. The medical instruments supplier reported $0.45 EPS for the quarter, topping the Zacks' consensus estimate of $0.42 by $0.03. The medical instruments supplier earned $956.10 million during the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $942.20 million. DENTSPLY SIRONA had a positive return on equity of 8.63% and a negative net margin of 38.32%. The company's revenue was up 6.2% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter last year, the business posted $0.49 EPS. View DENTSPLY SIRONA's Earnings History.
When is DENTSPLY SIRONA's next earnings date?
What guidance has DENTSPLY SIRONA issued on next quarter's earnings?
DENTSPLY SIRONA updated its FY18 earnings guidance on Monday, May, 7th. The company provided earnings per share guidance of $2.55-2.65 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus estimate of $2.70.
What price target have analysts set for XRAY?
14 analysts have issued 12-month price objectives for DENTSPLY SIRONA's stock. Their forecasts range from $52.00 to $75.00. On average, they anticipate DENTSPLY SIRONA's stock price to reach $61.4167 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for DENTSPLY SIRONA.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about DENTSPLY SIRONA stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about DENTSPLY SIRONA stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "DENTSPLY is likely to gain from robust performance in the flagship dental implants, CAD/CAM systems, imaging systems, treatment centers and orthodontic product platforms. Emerging markets like Asia-Pacific & the Middle East offer healthy growth opportunities, as they remain vastly untapped with low dental products penetration. The company’s agreements with MedTech bigwig Patterson Companies in Canada are likely to drive sales. DENTSPLY recently witnessed a rebound in sales in Asia, particularly Japan, and strong growth in Russia. On the flip side, DENTSPLY underperformed the industry in a year’s time. A lowered guidance is discouraging. The company's higher capital expenditure on product development and tough competition are expected to exert pressure on margins. Unfavorable foreign exchange rate and integration risks are major headwinds for the near term. " (6/6/2018)
- 2. Jefferies Financial Group Inc analysts commented, "Dynavax provided Phase 1b/2 updates on TLR9 agonist, SD-101 in combination with Keytruda, for head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC) and metastatic melanoma at AACR." (4/16/2018)
- 3. Barrington Research analysts commented, "We are currently modeling adjusted EPS of $2.70 and this is unchanged versus our previous modeling. We suspect that the company will be able to overcome whatever modest dilution comes with this deal over the balance of 2018. That said, we have made some modest adjustments to our quarterly modeling and have attached a model, which is a bit more back-end loaded than previously. We are doing this in part to account for any additional costs associated with the efforts to put this transaction together as well as general conservatism associated with prior disclosures by management relative to the company’s ongoing efforts to work down its inventory levels with certain key distribution channels." (3/27/2018)
Who are some of DENTSPLY SIRONA's key competitors?
Who are DENTSPLY SIRONA's key executives?
DENTSPLY SIRONA's management team includes the folowing people:
- Mr. Nicholas William Alexos, Exec. VP & CFO (Age 54)
- Mr. Keith John Ebling, EVP, Gen. Counsel & Sec. (Age 49)
- Ms. Maureen J. MacInnis, Sr. VP, Chief HR Officer & Communications (Age 57)
- Mr. Robert J. Size, Interim Pres & COO (Age 59)
- Mr. Donald M. Casey Jr., CEO & Director (Age 58)
Has DENTSPLY SIRONA been receiving favorable news coverage?
News articles about XRAY stock have trended somewhat positive on Monday, according to Accern. Accern identifies negative and positive media coverage by monitoring more than 20 million news and blog sources. Accern ranks coverage of publicly-traded companies on a scale of negative one to one, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. DENTSPLY SIRONA earned a news sentiment score of 0.13 on Accern's scale. They also gave media headlines about the medical instruments supplier an impact score of 46.85 out of 100, meaning that recent media coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the company's share price in the near future.
Who are DENTSPLY SIRONA's major shareholders?
DENTSPLY SIRONA's stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include BlackRock Inc. (6.28%), GENERATION INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT LLP (5.20%), Veritas Asset Management LLP (3.70%), Principal Financial Group Inc. (3.02%), Massachusetts Financial Services Co. MA (2.34%) and Atlanta Capital Management Co. L L C (2.09%). Company insiders that own DENTSPLY SIRONA stock include Arthur D Kowaloff, Bret W Wise, Christopher T Clark, Donald M Jr Casey, Eric Brandt, Francis J Lunger, James G Mosch, Mark Thierer, Maureen J Macinnis, Michael C Alfano, Michael J Coleman, Nicholas W Alexos, Rainer Berthan and Ulrich Michel. View Institutional Ownership Trends for DENTSPLY SIRONA.
Which institutional investors are selling DENTSPLY SIRONA stock?
XRAY stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Select Equity Group L.P., JPMorgan Chase & Co., Amundi Pioneer Asset Management Inc., Atlantic Trust Group LLC, Frontier Capital Management Co. LLC, Neuberger Berman Group LLC, Sei Investments Co. and Independent Franchise Partners LLP. Company insiders that have sold DENTSPLY SIRONA company stock in the last year include Eric Brandt, Francis J Lunger, Michael C Alfano and Michael J Coleman. View Insider Buying and Selling for DENTSPLY SIRONA.
Which institutional investors are buying DENTSPLY SIRONA stock?
XRAY stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Veritas Asset Management LLP, SG Americas Securities LLC, Champlain Investment Partners LLC, Thompson Siegel & Walmsley LLC, Polar Asset Management Partners Inc., Honeywell International Inc., Citigroup Inc. and Prudential Financial Inc.. Company insiders that have bought DENTSPLY SIRONA stock in the last two years include Donald M Jr Casey, Mark Thierer and Nicholas W Alexos. View Insider Buying and Selling for DENTSPLY SIRONA.
How do I buy shares of DENTSPLY SIRONA?
Shares of XRAY can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is DENTSPLY SIRONA's stock price today?
One share of XRAY stock can currently be purchased for approximately $44.72.
How big of a company is DENTSPLY SIRONA?
DENTSPLY SIRONA has a market capitalization of $10.22 billion and generates $3.99 billion in revenue each year. The medical instruments supplier earns $-1,550,000,000.00 in net income (profit) each year or $2.66 on an earnings per share basis. DENTSPLY SIRONA employs 16,100 workers across the globe.
How can I contact DENTSPLY SIRONA?
DENTSPLY SIRONA's mailing address is 221 WEST PHILADELPHIA STREET, YORK PA, 17401. The medical instruments supplier can be reached via phone at 717-845-7511 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for DENTSPLY SIRONA (XRAY)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about DENTSPLY SIRONA and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe XRAY will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe XRAY will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.