About Baxter International (NYSE:BAX)
Baxter International Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides renal and hospital products. The Company operates through two segments: Hospital Products and Renal. Its Hospital Products business manufactures sterile intravenous (IV) solutions and administration sets, premixed drugs and drug-reconstitution systems, pre-filled vials and syringes for injectable drugs, IV nutrition products, parenteral nutrition therapies, infusion pumps, inhalation anesthetics and biosurgery products. The Renal business offers a portfolio to meet the needs of patients with end-stage renal disease, or irreversible kidney disease and acute kidney injuries, including technologies and therapies for peritoneal dialysis (PD), hemodialysis (HD), continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT) and additional dialysis services. Its products are used by hospitals, kidney dialysis centers, nursing homes, rehabilitation centers, doctors' offices and by patients at home under physician supervision.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Medical Equipment, Supplies & Distribution
- Sub-Industry: Health Care Equipment
- Symbol: NYSE:BAX
- CUSIP: 07181310
- Web: www.baxter.com
- Market Cap: $34.94 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 544,870,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $63.14
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $59.72
- 52 Week Range: $43.13 - $64.75
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 38.91
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 24.01
- P/E Growth: 2.00
- Annual Revenue: $10.28 billion
- Price / Sales: 3.40
- Book Value: $16.85 per share
- Price / Book: 3.81
- Annual Dividend: $0.64
- Dividend Yield: 1.0%
- EBITDA: $2.23 billion
- Net Margins: 8.85%
- Return on Equity: 14.82%
- Return on Assets: 8.06%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.38%
- Current Ratio: 3.01%
- Quick Ratio: 2.42%
- Average Volume: 2.26 million shs.
- Beta: 0.65
- Short Ratio: 2.48
Frequently Asked Questions for Baxter International (NYSE:BAX)
What is Baxter International's stock symbol?
Baxter International trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "BAX."
How often does Baxter International pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Baxter International?
Baxter International declared a quarterly dividend on Tuesday, July 18th. Investors of record on Friday, September 1st will be paid a dividend of $0.16 per share on Monday, October 2nd. This represents a $0.64 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 1.00%. The ex-dividend date is Wednesday, August 30th. View Baxter International's Dividend History.
How were Baxter International's earnings last quarter?
Baxter International Inc. (NYSE:BAX) issued its quarterly earnings data on Wednesday, July, 26th. The company reported $0.63 earnings per share for the quarter, topping the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of $0.57 by $0.06. The firm had revenue of $2.61 billion for the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $2.59 billion. Baxter International had a return on equity of 14.82% and a net margin of 8.85%. The company's revenue was up .8% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the prior year, the firm earned $0.46 earnings per share. View Baxter International's Earnings History.
When will Baxter International make its next earnings announcement?
What guidance has Baxter International issued on next quarter's earnings?
Baxter International updated its FY17 earnings guidance on Wednesday, July, 26th. The company provided earnings per share (EPS) guidance of $2.34-2.40 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus estimate of $2.27. The company issued revenue guidance of $10.67 billion, compared to the consensus revenue estimate of $10.37 billion.Baxter International also updated its Q3 guidance to $0.58-0.60 EPS.
Where is Baxter International's stock going? Where will Baxter International's stock price be in 2017?
11 equities research analysts have issued twelve-month target prices for Baxter International's stock. Their forecasts range from $55.00 to $75.00. On average, they expect Baxter International's share price to reach $65.73 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Baxter International.
What are analysts saying about Baxter International stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Baxter International stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Over the past year, Baxter has outperformed the broader industry in terms of price performance. The company rides on the recent launch of DeviceVue, a comprehensive asset tracking solution available exclusively to hospitals. However, lower cyclophosphamide sales in the coming quarters might mar the Baxter’s bottom line. Of the major positives, a favorable product mix, stringent cost control and expanding operating margin are notable. Baxter reported impressive results in the second quarter, driven by favorable tidings on the regulatory front, strategic partnerships and product launches. The company recently completed the acquisition of Claris Injectables. Solid U.S. sales of IV therapies, IV access sets, select anesthesia and critical care products are key catalysts at the moment. On the flipside, a strong U.S. dollar, intensifying competition and lackluster sales growth are key concerns at the moment." (10/16/2017)
- 2. UBS AG analysts commented, "Management delivered a solid 7c beat to our EPS estimate (+5c to consensus) driven by Fluid Systems (+$32 mil) and roughly in-line revenues across other major business lines. On the earnings line, higher sales net of COGS (+2c), lower SG&A spend (+8c) and higher non-op income (+2c) were partially offset by higher R&D (-2c) and a higher tax rate (-3c) to deliver a 7c beat to our EPS estimate. We continue to view the Claris deal as a positive, and expect continued solid operating performance, backed up with patient and prudent strategic investment. We remain Neutral on BAX." (2/2/2017)
- 3. Evercore ISI analysts commented, "BAX reported a solid finish to the year, beating consensus EPS estimates by double digits and initiating above ST EPS guidance. There were several highlights in the 4Q print, both on the topline and operating metrics that made us incrementally more positive on our 'turnaround + long term EPS power underappreciated by Street' thesis. From a revenue perspective, Renal came in above, and management highlighted continued strong adoption of AMIA PD with patient volumes doubling past few Qs (AMIA will be a key long term driver, and these trends bode well). While management guided to 3-4% growth for Renal in FY17, we think the low end of the guidance seems conservative given strength in underlying business + AMIA uptake. Within Fluid Systems, yet another strong high single digit showing highlighted the strength of Sigma Spectrum pump uptake. We found it interesting that guidance assumes 'flattening of Sigma pump in 2017', which we think is a conservative assumption (competitor BDX still expects pump share gains in FY17). Overall, the constant currency growth of ~2% seems conservative, with potential upside in the event of lack of competitive entrants for cyclo business. On the margin front, while FY17 OM of ~15% seems optically below the ~15.7% seen in 2H'16 levels (but equates to an expansion of ~150 bps over FY16), we note that it contemplates about 150 bps of headwinds related to cyclo competition, Fx & TSA rolling off. As such, the ~15% OM guidance seems prudent to us, with possible upside tied to lack of competitive cyclo entrants. Finally, the EPS guide of $2.10-2.18 does not assume any share repo and no contribution from Claris. In light of the impressive free cash increase (FY16 FCF came in 80% above original guidance; FY17 guide of >$1 Bn) and ~$1 Bn of repatriation, we see upside potential to EPS upside tied to capital deployment. All in, this was a solid print, and current levels provide a good entry point for long term holders (we note BAX repurchased $250 MM worth of shares at an avg. of $47.50 in 4Q, which is around current trading levels)." (2/1/2017)
Who are some of Baxter International's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Baxter International include Zimmer Biomet Holdings (ZBH), C.R. Bard (BCR), Align Technology (ALGN), DENTSPLY SIRONA (XRAY), Steris Plc (STE), West Pharmaceutical Services (WST), Bio-Rad Laboratories (BIO), Hill-Rom Holdings (HRC), VWR Corporation (VWR), Integra Lifesciences Holdings Corp (IART), DexCom (DXCM), ICU Medical (ICUI), LivaNova PLC (LIVN), Neogen Corporation (NEOG), NuVasive (NUVA), Nevro Corp. (NVRO), Haemonetics Corporation (HAE) and Halyard Health (HYH).
Who are Baxter International's key executives?
Baxter International's management team includes the folowing people:
- Jose E. Almeida, Chairman of the Board, President, Chief Executive Officer
- James K. Saccaro, Corporate Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Giuseppe Accogli, Senior Vice President, President - Global Businesses
- Brik V. Eyre, Senior Vice President, President - Americas
- Marcus Schabacker M.D. Ph.D., Chief Scientific Officer, Corporate Vice President
- Scott Pleau, Corporate Vice President - Operations
- Sean Martin, Corporate Vice President, General Counsel
- Jeanne K. Mason Ph.D., Corporate Vice President - Human Resources
- Paul Vibert, Corporate Vice President, President - International
- Thomas T. Stallkamp, Lead Independent Director
Who owns Baxter International stock?
Baxter International's stock is owned by a number of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include Nationwide Fund Advisors (0.15%), Bartlett & Co. LLC (0.10%), PGGM Investments (0.08%), Meeder Asset Management Inc. (0.02%), Mutual of America Capital Management LLC (0.01%) and Oakbrook Investments LLC (0.01%). Company insiders that own Baxter International stock include Albert P L Stroucken, Brik V Eyre, Carole J Shapazian, Giuseppe Accogli, James R Gavin III, John D Forsyth, Jose E Almeida, Kornelis J Storm, Peter S Hellman and Thomas T Stallkamp. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Baxter International.
Who sold Baxter International stock? Who is selling Baxter International stock?
Baxter International's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Nationwide Fund Advisors, Quantitative Systematic Strategies LLC, Meeder Asset Management Inc. and Bartlett & Co. LLC. Company insiders that have sold Baxter International stock in the last year include Albert P L Stroucken, Brik V Eyre, Carole J Shapazian, Giuseppe Accogli, James R Gavin III, John D Forsyth, Peter S Hellman and Thomas T Stallkamp. View Insider Buying and Selling for Baxter International.
Who bought Baxter International stock? Who is buying Baxter International stock?
Baxter International's stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Oxbow Advisors LLC, PGGM Investments, Oakbrook Investments LLC, Balasa Dinverno & Foltz LLC, Park National Corp OH and Mutual of America Capital Management LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for Baxter International.
How do I buy Baxter International stock?
Shares of Baxter International can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Baxter International's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Baxter International (NYSE BAX)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Baxter International and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Baxter International stock can currently be purchased for approximately $64.12.
Consensus Ratings for Baxter International (NYSE:BAX) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||1 Sell Rating, 4 Hold Ratings, 5 Buy Ratings, 1 Strong Buy Rating|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.55)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$65.73 (2.51% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for Baxter International (NYSE:BAX)
Analysts' Ratings History for Baxter International (NYSE:BAX)
(Data available from 10/23/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|10/15/2017||Cowen and Company||Set Price Target||Hold||$68.00||N/A|
|10/13/2017||BMO Capital Markets||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$70.00||N/A|
|10/3/2017||Royal Bank Of Canada||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$60.00||Low|
|8/17/2017||Citigroup Inc.||Initiated Coverage||Neutral -> Neutral||$63.00||Low|
|7/27/2017||Leerink Swann||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$67.00 -> $75.00||Low|
|7/27/2017||Barclays PLC||Boost Price Target||Overweight||$64.00 -> $70.00||Low|
|7/26/2017||Cantor Fitzgerald||Set Price Target||Buy||$70.00||Medium|
|7/25/2017||Morgan Stanley||Reiterated Rating||Underweight||$52.00 -> $55.00||Medium|
|5/31/2017||Stifel Nicolaus||Boost Price Target||Hold||$58.00 -> $61.00||Low|
|5/16/2017||Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The)||Reiterated Rating||Conviction-Buy||$71.00||High|
|4/29/2017||Evercore ISI||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$57.00 -> $60.00||Low|
|10/13/2016||Wells Fargo & Company||Initiated Coverage||Outperform||N/A|
|7/27/2016||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Boost Price Target||Neutral||$45.00 -> $48.00||N/A|
|6/13/2016||Piper Jaffray Companies||Reiterated Rating||Overweight||$60.00||N/A|
|5/10/2016||Credit Suisse Group||Reiterated Rating||Hold||N/A|
Earnings History for Baxter International (NYSE:BAX)Earnings History by Quarter for Baxter International (NYSE BAX)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|7/26/2017||Q2 2017||$0.57||$0.63||$2.59 billion||$2.61 billion||View||N/A|
|4/26/2017||Q1 2017||$0.51||$0.58||$2.43 billion||$2.48 billion||View||N/A|
|2/1/2017||Q416||$0.52||$0.57||$2.65 billion||$2.65 billion||View||Listen|
|10/25/2016||Q316||$0.45||$0.56||$2.67 billion||$2.56 billion||View||Listen|
|7/26/2016||Q216||$0.40||$0.46||$2.51 billion||$2.60 billion||View||Listen|
|4/26/2016||Q116||$0.29||$0.36||$2.35 billion||$2.40 billion||View||Listen|
|2/2/2016||Q415||$0.32||$0.43||$2.55 billion||$2.60 billion||View||Listen|
|10/27/2015||Q315||$0.29||$0.41||$2.46 billion||$2.49 billion||View||Listen|
|7/29/2015||Q215||$0.94||$1.00||$2.40 billion||$3.90 billion||View||Listen|
|4/23/2015||Q115||$0.88||$1.00||$3.70 billion||$3.76 billion||View||Listen|
|1/29/2015||Q414||$1.31||$1.34||$4.37 billion||$4.47 billion||View||Listen|
|10/16/2014||Q314||$1.31||$1.31||$4.21 billion||$4.20 billion||View||Listen|
|7/17/2014||Q214||$1.21||$1.26||$4.12 billion||$4.30 billion||View||Listen|
|4/17/2014||Q114||$1.10||$1.19||$3.88 billion||$3.95 billion||View||Listen|
|1/23/2014||Q413||$1.25||$1.26||$4.25 billion||$4.40 billion||View||Listen|
|10/17/2013||Q313||$1.19||$1.19||$3.82 billion||$3.80 billion||View||Listen|
|7/18/2013||Q2 2013||$1.13||$1.16||$3.70 billion||$3.67 billion||View||Listen|
|4/18/2013||Q1 2013||$1.04||$1.05||$3.49 billion||$3.45 billion||View||Listen|
|1/24/2013||Q4 2012||$1.26||$1.26||$3.72 billion||$3.75 billion||View||Listen|
Earnings Estimates for Baxter International (NYSE:BAX)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $2.24
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $2.62
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Current Dividend Information for Baxter International (NYSE:BAX)
|Most Recent Dividend:||10/2/2017|
|Dividend Growth:||-36.10% (3 Year Average)|
|Payout Ratio:||38.79% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
26.78% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
23.97% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Dividend History by Quarter for Baxter International (NYSE BAX)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Baxter International (NYSE:BAX)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 0.05%Insider Trades by Quarter for Baxter International (NYSE:BAX)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 83.60%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|9/5/2017||Thomas T Stallkamp||Director||Sell||8,920||$62.28||$555,537.60|| |
|8/25/2017||John D Forsyth||Director||Sell||9,440||$61.76||$583,014.40|| |
|8/24/2017||Carole J Shapazian||Director||Sell||4,020||$61.61||$247,672.20|| |
|8/17/2017||Giuseppe Accogli||SVP||Sell||12,670||$60.96||$772,363.20|| |
|5/23/2017||Carole J Shapazian||Director||Sell||2,618||$57.92||$151,634.56|| |
|5/9/2017||Carole J Shapazian||Director||Sell||3,760||$55.89||$210,146.40|| |
|5/8/2017||Brik V Eyre||SVP||Sell||130,732||$55.69||$7,280,465.08|| |
|4/10/2017||Albert P L Stroucken||Director||Sell||4,280||$52.80||$225,984.00|| |
|3/29/2017||James R Gavin III||Director||Sell||4,280||$51.72||$221,361.60|| |
|2/22/2017||Peter S Hellman||Director||Sell||4,280||$49.81||$213,186.80|| |
|2/8/2017||John D Forsyth||Director||Sell||4,280||$48.35||$206,938.00|| |
|5/23/2016||Jose E Almeida||CEO||Buy||11,691||$42.75||$499,790.25|| |
|5/2/2016||John D Forsyth||Director||Sell||1,887||$44.38||$83,745.06|| |
|4/4/2016||John D Forsyth||Director||Sell||1,887||$41.75||$78,782.25|| |
|3/14/2016||James R Gavin III||Director||Sell||5,660||$40.34||$228,324.40|| |
|2/17/2016||Peter S. Hellman||Director||Sell||5,660||$38.35||$217,061.00|| |
|2/11/2016||Kornelis J. Storm||Director||Sell||5,660||$35.98||$203,646.80|| |
|5/22/2015||Carole J Shapazian||Director||Sell||1,533||$67.68||$103,753.44|| |
|4/27/2015||James R Gavin III||Director||Sell||4,830||$71.06||$343,219.80|| |
|7/25/2014||Carole J Shapazian||Director||Sell||1,645||$76.98||$126,632.10|| |
|7/24/2014||Thomas T Stallkamp||Director||Sell||8,300||$76.82||$637,606.00|| |
|7/9/2014||Ludwig Hantson||VP||Sell||24,693||$76.00||$1,876,668.00|| |
|5/2/2014||Carole Shapazian||Director||Sell||5,680||$75.28||$427,590.40|| |
|4/23/2014||Kees Storm||Director||Sell||5,760||$72.45||$417,312.00|| |
|4/21/2014||Blake Devitt||Director||Sell||4,334||$73.12||$316,902.08|| |
|3/27/2014||Sebastian Bufalino||VP||Sell||21,600||$75.10||$1,622,160.00|| |
|9/12/2013||Carole Shapazian||Director||Sell||1,941||$71.58||$138,936.78|| |
|8/1/2013||Robert L Parkinson Jr||CEO||Sell||725,750||$73.33||$53,219,247.50|| |
|7/26/2013||David P Scharf||VP||Sell||55,438||$73.79||$4,090,770.02|| |
|7/25/2013||James R Gavin III||Director||Sell||5,760||$72.82||$419,443.20|| |
|7/24/2013||Carole J Shapazian||Director||Sell||4,320||$73.58||$317,865.60|| |
|7/22/2013||Robert J Hombach||CFO||Sell||47,452||$73.95||$3,509,075.40|| |
|7/16/2013||Phillip L Batchelor||VP||Sell||5,850||$73.00||$427,050.00|| |
|5/22/2013||Blake E Devitt||Director||Sell||1,000||$72.34||$72,340.00|| |
|5/20/2013||Sebastian J Bufalino||VP||Sell||24,000||$73.75||$1,770,000.00|| |
|5/17/2013||Robert M Davis||VP||Sell||130,800||$73.00||$9,548,400.00|| |
|9/13/2012||Michael J Baughman||VP||Sell||11,500||$61.00||$701,500.00|| |
Headline Trends for Baxter International (NYSE:BAX)
Latest Headlines for Baxter International (NYSE:BAX)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Baxter International (BAX) Chart for Monday, October, 23, 2017