About Baxter International
Baxter International Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides a portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile intravenous (IV) solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; biosurgery products and anesthetics, and pharmacy automation, software and services. The Company operates through two segments: Hospital Products and Renal. Its Hospital Products business manufactures IV solutions and administration sets, premixed drugs and drug-reconstitution systems, pre-filled vials and syringes for injectable drugs, IV nutrition products, infusion pumps, inhalation anesthetics, and biosurgery products. The business also provides products and services related to pharmacy compounding, and drug formulation. The Renal business provides products and services to treat end-stage renal disease, or irreversible kidney failure and acute kidney injuries.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Medical Instruments & Supplies
- Sub-Industry: Health Care Equipment
- Exchange: NYSE
- Symbol: BAX
- CUSIP: 07181310
- Previous Close: $50.39
- 50 Day Moving Average: $47.82
- 200 Day Moving Average: $46.87
- 52-Week Range: $38.99 - $50.76
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 5.61
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 20.61
- P/E Growth: 1.66
- Market Cap: $27.46B
- Outstanding Shares: 543,919,000
- Beta: 0.77
- Net Margins: 48.85%
- Return on Equity: 12.35%
- Return on Assets: 6.58%
Companies Related to Baxter International:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.33%
- Current Ratio: 2.53%
- Quick Ratio: 1.93%
What is Baxter International's stock symbol?
Baxter International trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "BAX."
How often does Baxter International pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Baxter International?
Baxter International declared a quarterly dividend on Tuesday, February 21st. Shareholders of record on Friday, March 3rd will be given a dividend of $0.13 per share on Monday, April 3rd. This represents a $0.52 annualized dividend and a yield of 1.03%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Wednesday, March 1st.
Where is Baxter International's stock going? Where will Baxter International's stock price be in 2017?
13 brokers have issued 12-month price targets for Baxter International's shares. Their predictions range from $43.00 to $60.00. On average, they expect Baxter International's stock price to reach $52.19 in the next twelve months.
When will Baxter International announce their earnings?
Baxter International is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Monday, April, 24th 2017.
What are analysts saying about Baxter International stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Baxter International stock:
- Evercore ISI analysts commented, "BAX reported a solid finish to the year, beating consensus EPS estimates by double digits and initiating above ST EPS guidance. There were several highlights in the 4Q print, both on the topline and operating metrics that made us incrementally more positive on our 'turnaround + long term EPS power underappreciated by Street' thesis. From a revenue perspective, Renal came in above, and management highlighted continued strong adoption of AMIA PD with patient volumes doubling past few Qs (AMIA will be a key long term driver, and these trends bode well). While management guided to 3-4% growth for Renal in FY17, we think the low end of the guidance seems conservative given strength in underlying business + AMIA uptake. Within Fluid Systems, yet another strong high single digit showing highlighted the strength of Sigma Spectrum pump uptake. We found it interesting that guidance assumes 'flattening of Sigma pump in 2017', which we think is a conservative assumption (competitor BDX still expects pump share gains in FY17). Overall, the constant currency growth of ~2% seems conservative, with potential upside in the event of lack of competitive entrants for cyclo business. On the margin front, while FY17 OM of ~15% seems optically below the ~15.7% seen in 2H'16 levels (but equates to an expansion of ~150 bps over FY16), we note that it contemplates about 150 bps of headwinds related to cyclo competition, Fx & TSA rolling off. As such, the ~15% OM guidance seems prudent to us, with possible upside tied to lack of competitive cyclo entrants. Finally, the EPS guide of $2.10-2.18 does not assume any share repo and no contribution from Claris. In light of the impressive free cash increase (FY16 FCF came in 80% above original guidance; FY17 guide of >$1 Bn) and ~$1 Bn of repatriation, we see upside potential to EPS upside tied to capital deployment. All in, this was a solid print, and current levels provide a good entry point for long term holders (we note BAX repurchased $250 MM worth of shares at an avg. of $47.50 in 4Q, which is around current trading levels)." (2/1/2017)
According to Zacks Investment Research, "Over the past one year Baxter has outperformed the broader industry in terms of price performance. Additionally, a favorable estimate revision trend for the current year instills our confidence on the stock. Of the major concerns, lower sales in the cyclophosphamide platform are expected to negatively impact the company’s top line. Additionally, foreign currency volatility, intense competition in the medical products segment and lackluster hospital spending are the major concerns for the near-term. Baxter depends on the European Union for about a third of its sales. This is a cause for concern, given the sluggish macro-environment, a glum outlook for hospital spending and tightening of reimbursement. However, on the positive side, management provided positive guidance for the rest of 2016. Both sales and earnings are forecasted to improve driven by the company’s robust portfolio and growing addressable market." (1/17/2017)
Who owns Baxter International stock?
Baxter International's stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include State Street Corp (0.00%), Janus Capital Management LLC (0.63%), Numeric Investors LLC (0.40%), Tweedy Browne Co. LLC (0.00%), Russell Investments Group Ltd. (0.34%) and Bessemer Group Inc. (0.00%). Company insiders that own Baxter International stock include Carole J Shapazian, James R Gavin III, John D Forsyth, Jose E Almeida, Kornelis J Storm and Peter S Hellman.
Who sold Baxter International stock? Who is selling Baxter International stock?
Baxter International's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including I.G. Investment Management LTD., BP PLC, Teachers Retirement System of The State of Kentucky, Fred Alger Management Inc., Tweedy Browne Co. LLC, Metropolitan Life Insurance Co. NY, Barings LLC and Harfst & Associates Inc.. Company insiders that have sold Baxter International stock in the last year include James R Gavin III, John D Forsyth and Peter S Hellman.
Who bought Baxter International stock? Who is buying Baxter International stock?
Baxter International's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Numeric Investors LLC, Russell Investments Group Ltd., Janus Capital Management LLC, State Street Corp, Bogle Investment Management L P DE, Putnam Investments LLC, Elkfork Partners LLC and New York State Teachers Retirement System.
How do I buy Baxter International stock?
Shares of Baxter International can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Baxter International stock cost?
One share of Baxter International stock can currently be purchased for approximately $50.49.