About Bio-Rad Laboratories (NYSE:BIO)
Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. (Bio-Rad) is a manufacturer and distributor of its life science research and clinical diagnostics products. The Company operates through two segments: Life Science and Clinical Diagnostics. It manufactures and supplies the life science research, healthcare, analytical chemistry and other markets with a range of products and systems used to separate complex chemical and biological materials and to identify, analyze and purify their components. The Life Science segment develops, manufactures, sells and services reagents, apparatus and instruments used for biological research. The Clinical Diagnostics segment develops, manufactures, sells and services automated test systems, informatics systems, test kits and specialized quality controls for the healthcare market. As of December 31, 2016, Bio-Rad sold more than 8,000 products and services to a client base, including scientific research, healthcare, education and government customers around the world.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Medical Equipment, Supplies & Distribution
- Sub-Industry: Life Sciences Tools & Services
- Symbol: NYSE:BIO
- CUSIP: 09057220
- Web: www.bio-rad.com
- Market Cap: $6.58 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 29,637,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $223.03
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $221.75
- 52 Week Range: $154.89 - $242.79
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 438.62
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 49.32
- P/E Growth: 5.40
- Annual Revenue: $2.08 billion
- Price / Sales: 3.16
- Book Value: $94.90 per share
- Price / Book: 2.34
- EBITDA: $233.59 million
- Net Margins: 0.73%
- Return on Equity: 3.15%
- Return on Assets: 2.13%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.15%
- Current Ratio: 4.01%
- Quick Ratio: 2.74%
- Average Volume: 169,762 shs.
- Beta: 0.91
- Short Ratio: 4.52
Frequently Asked Questions for Bio-Rad Laboratories (NYSE:BIO)
What is Bio-Rad Laboratories' stock symbol?
Bio-Rad Laboratories trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "BIO."
How were Bio-Rad Laboratories' earnings last quarter?
Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. (NYSE:BIO) released its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, February, 23rd. The company reported ($0.70) EPS for the quarter, missing analysts' consensus estimates of $1.03 by $1.73. The business had revenue of $571.45 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $574.40 million. Bio-Rad Laboratories had a return on equity of 3.15% and a net margin of 0.73%. Bio-Rad Laboratories's revenue was up .1% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the previous year, the business posted $1.68 earnings per share. View Bio-Rad Laboratories' Earnings History.
When will Bio-Rad Laboratories make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Bio-Rad Laboratories' stock going? Where will Bio-Rad Laboratories' stock price be in 2017?
3 brokers have issued 1-year price targets for Bio-Rad Laboratories' shares. Their forecasts range from $250.00 to $275.00. On average, they expect Bio-Rad Laboratories' share price to reach $260.00 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Bio-Rad Laboratories.
What are analysts saying about Bio-Rad Laboratories stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Bio-Rad Laboratories stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the manufacture and supply of products and systems for the life science research, healthcare, analytical chemistry, and other markets worldwide. The company's products are used to separate complex chemical and biological materials, and to identify, analyze, and purify their components. It operates in two segments, Life Science and Clinical Diagnostics. The Life Science segment offers electrophoresis, image analysis, molecular detection, chromatography, gene transfer, sample preparation, and amplification products and services. The Clinical Diagnostics segment provides control, autoimmune, diabetes, and blood virus testing products. Bio-Rad is renowned worldwide among hospitals, universities, major research institutions, as well as biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies for its commitment to quality and customer service. The company is headquartered in Hercules, California. " (10/12/2017)
- 2. Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "Time to forget everything you thought you knew about BIO -- as two separate updates y'day included several "firsts" that add conviction to our bullish thesis: 1) 2020 rev & margin goals; 2) capital allocation plan opens the door for buybacks; 3) board shuffle / quality upgrade. Bottom line: the pathway to $300+ in 2-3 yrs just got a lot clearer & BIO's new shareholder-friendly behavior eliminates the rationale for a structural valuation discount, in our view." (3/14/2017)
Who are some of Bio-Rad Laboratories' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Bio-Rad Laboratories include STERIS PLC (STE), West Pharmaceutical Services (WST), Hill-Rom Holdings (HRC), VWR Corporation (VWR), Integra Lifesciences Holdings Corp (IART), DexCom (DXCM), ICU Medical (ICUI), LivaNova PLC (LIVN), Neogen Corporation (NEOG), NuVasive (NUVA), Nevro Corp. (NVRO), Haemonetics Corporation (HAE), Halyard Health (HYH), Inogen (INGN), MiMedx Group (MDXG), CONMED (CNMD), Asante Solutions (PUMP) and OraSure Technologies (OSUR).
Who are Bio-Rad Laboratories' key executives?
Bio-Rad Laboratories' management team includes the folowing people:
- Norman D. Schwartz, Chairman of the Board, President, Chief Executive Officer
- Christine A. Tsingos, Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice President
- John P. Goetz, Chief Operating Officer, Executive Vice President
- Timothy Scott Ernst, Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary
- Michael Crowley, Executive Vice President, Global Commercial Operations
- Shannon Hall, Executive Vice President, President, Life Science Group
- John Hertia, Executive Vice President, President, Clinical Diagnostics Group
- Giovanni Magni, Executive Vice President, Chief Strategy Officer
- Ronald W. Hutton, Vice President, Treasurer
- Alice N. Schwartz, Director
Who owns Bio-Rad Laboratories stock?
Bio-Rad Laboratories' stock is owned by many different of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include Fisher Asset Management LLC (0.94%), Hermes Investment Management Ltd. (0.65%), Mutual of America Capital Management LLC (0.06%), State Treasurer State of Michigan (0.03%), Quantitative Systematic Strategies LLC (0.01%) and Meeder Asset Management Inc. (0.00%). Company insiders that own Bio-Rad Laboratories stock include James R Stark and Michael Crowley. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Bio-Rad Laboratories.
Who sold Bio-Rad Laboratories stock? Who is selling Bio-Rad Laboratories stock?
Bio-Rad Laboratories' stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Hermes Investment Management Ltd., Fisher Asset Management LLC, State Treasurer State of Michigan, Quantitative Systematic Strategies LLC and Mutual of America Capital Management LLC. Company insiders that have sold Bio-Rad Laboratories stock in the last year include James R Stark and Michael Crowley. View Insider Buying and Selling for Bio-Rad Laboratories.
Who bought Bio-Rad Laboratories stock? Who is buying Bio-Rad Laboratories stock?
How do I buy Bio-Rad Laboratories stock?
Shares of Bio-Rad Laboratories can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Bio-Rad Laboratories' stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Bio-Rad Laboratories (NYSE BIO)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Bio-Rad Laboratories and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Bio-Rad Laboratories stock can currently be purchased for approximately $221.94.
Earnings History for Bio-Rad Laboratories (NYSE:BIO)Earnings History by Quarter for Bio-Rad Laboratories (NYSE BIO)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|5/4/2017||Q1 2017||$0.27||$0.41||$477.76 million||$500.05 million||View||Listen|
|2/23/2017||Q416||$1.03||($0.70)||$574.40 million||$571.45 million||View||N/A|
|11/1/2016||Q316||$0.51||$0.62||$480.60 million||$508.75 million||View||N/A|
|8/3/2016||Q2||$1.13||$0.61||$497.80 million||$516.80 million||View||N/A|
|5/5/2016||Q1||$0.60||$0.42||$463.90 million||$471.20 million||View||N/A|
|2/25/2016||Q415||$1.27||$1.68||$570.80 million||$570.56 million||View||Listen|
|11/3/2015||Q315||$0.54||$0.59||$495.55 million||$469.96 million||View||N/A|
|8/6/2015||Q215||$0.78||$0.97||$494.85 million||$506.10 million||View||N/A|
|5/5/2015||Q115||$0.33||$0.61||$474.60 million||$472.80 million||View||N/A|
|2/26/2015||Q414||$1.18||$1.34||$593.41 million||$598.20 million||View||N/A|
|11/4/2014||Q314||$0.86||$0.39||$525.40 million||$530.64 million||View||N/A|
|8/5/2014||Q214||$0.95||$1.09||$537.58 million||$536.80 million||View||N/A|
|5/6/2014||Q114||$0.80||$0.23||$515.00 million||$509.30 million||View||N/A|
|2/27/2014||Q413||$1.42||$1.04||$586.67 million||$602.60 million||View||Listen|
|11/7/2013||Q313||$0.91||($0.25)||$529.02 million||$505.10 million||View||Listen|
|8/6/2013||Q2 2013||$1.25||$1.20||$532.60 million||$525.30 million||View||Listen|
|5/7/2013||Q1 2013||$1.03||$0.68||$506.34 million||$499.70 million||View||N/A|
|2/26/2013||Q4 2012||$1.33||$1.65||$558.68 million||$573.80 million||View||N/A|
|11/6/2012||Q312||$1.14||$1.48||$507.79 million||$498.70 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Bio-Rad Laboratories (NYSE:BIO)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $3.22
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $4.76
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Bio-Rad Laboratories (NYSE:BIO)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Bio-Rad Laboratories (NYSE:BIO)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 28.29%Insider Trades by Quarter for Bio-Rad Laboratories (NYSE:BIO)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 62.84%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|8/11/2017||Michael Crowley||EVP||Sell||700||$215.91||$151,137.00|| |
|3/7/2017||Michael Crowley||EVP||Sell||300||$196.13||$58,839.00|| |
|11/9/2016||James R. Stark||VP||Sell||1,299||$171.42||$222,674.58|| |
Headline Trends for Bio-Rad Laboratories (NYSE:BIO)
Latest Headlines for Bio-Rad Laboratories (NYSE:BIO)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Bio-Rad Laboratories (BIO) Chart for Sunday, October, 22, 2017