The Buckle, Inc. is a retailer of casual apparel, footwear and accessories for young men and women. As of January 28, 2017, the Company operated 467 retail stores in 44 states throughout the United States under the names Buckle and The Buckle. The Company markets a selection of brand name casual apparel, including denims, other casual bottoms, tops, sportswear, outerwear, accessories and footwear. The Company provides customer services, such as free hemming, free gift-wrapping, easy layaways, the Buckle private label credit card, and a guest loyalty program. The Company offers denims from brands, such as Miss Me, Rock Revival, Big Star Vintage, Buffalo Jeans, KanCan, Flying Monkey and Levi's. Its other brands include Hurley, Billabong, Affliction, American Fighter, Fast & Furious, Oakley, Fox, Puma, Obey, RVCA, Salvage, 7 Diamonds, Nixon, Amuse Society, Free People, White Crow, Corral, Reef, Kustom, Timberland, UGG, TOMS, SAXX, Stance, Lokai, Ray-Ban, and Fossil.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Retail/Wholesale
- Industry: Apparel Stores
- Sub-Industry: Apparel Retail
- Symbol: NYSE:BKE
- CUSIP: 11844010
- Web: www.buckle.com
- Market Cap: $805.22 million
- Outstanding Shares: 48,177,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $18.37
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $20.78
- 52 Week Range: $16.00 - $28.67
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 8.849
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 9.60
- P/E Growth: 51.500
- Annual Revenue: $943.58 million
- Price / Sales: 0.85
- Book Value: $9.05 per share
- Price / Book: 1.85
- Annual Dividend: $1.00
- Dividend Yield: 5.9%
- EBIDTA: $174.42 million
- Net Margins: 11.32%
- Return on Equity: 27.17%
- Return on Assets: 20.24%
- Current Ratio: 4.38%
- Quick Ratio: 2.68%
- Average Volume: 633,406 shs.
- Beta: 1.08
- Short Ratio: 13.19
Frequently Asked Questions for Buckle (NYSE:BKE)
What is Buckle's stock symbol?
Buckle trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "BKE."
How often does Buckle pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Buckle?
Buckle announced a quarterly dividend on Tuesday, March 21st. Shareholders of record on Thursday, April 13th will be paid a dividend of $0.25 per share on Tuesday, April 25th. This represents a $1.00 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 5.99%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Tuesday, April 11th. View Buckle's Dividend History.
How were Buckle's earnings last quarter?
Buckle Inc (NYSE:BKE) released its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, May, 18th. The company reported $0.34 earnings per share for the quarter, beating the Zacks' consensus estimate of $0.32 by $0.02. The company had revenue of $212.20 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $216.42 million. Buckle had a net margin of 11.32% and a return on equity of 27.17%. Buckle's revenue for the quarter was down 12.9% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter last year, the firm earned $0.48 EPS. View Buckle's Earnings History.
Where is Buckle's stock going? Where will Buckle's stock price be in 2017?
4 equities research analysts have issued twelve-month price targets for Buckle's shares. Their forecasts range from $16.00 to $21.00. On average, they anticipate Buckle's stock price to reach $18.50 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Buckle.
What are analysts saying about Buckle stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Buckle stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Buckle, Inc. is a retailer of medium to better-priced casual apparel for young men and women. The company markets a wide selection of mostly brand name casual apparel, including denims, other casual bottoms, tops, sportswear, outerwear, accessories, and footwear. They emphasize personalized attention to their customers and provides individual customer services such as free alterations, free gift-wrapping, easy layaways and a frequent shopper program. Most stores are located in regional, high-traffic shopping malls, and this is their strategy for future expansion. " (5/19/2017)
- 2. Deutsche Bank AG analysts commented, "Under such earnings pressure, we forecast FCF levels to dip below the ~$85 million annual dividend payout necessary to sustain the special dividend at 75c, and continue to see the special dividend as at risk for reduction or elimination," the analysts said.March Comps, Down, But BeatsDeutsche Bank noted that Buckle's March same-stores sales were down 10.1 percent year-over-year, not as worse as its forecast for a 15 percent drop and the consensus estimate for a 10.8 percent decline. This, according to the firm, has come despite dismal Prodco traffic trends, unfavorable weather and a promotional backdrop."We were pleased to see the 2-year stack accelerate to its best level since December, and anticipate further improvement in April given the Easter shift which has added an average of ~400 bps in prior instances," (4/7/2017)
How were Buckle's same store sales last quarter?
Buckle same-store sales fell 3.5% during the month of April. Buckle stock rose by 1.8% in the first full-day of trading following the report.
Who are some of Buckle's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Buckle include Chico's FAS (CHS), DSW (DSW), Genesco (GCO), Guess? (GES), Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (ANF), Express (EXPR), Francesca's Holdings Corp (FRAN), Tailored Brands (TLRD), Ascena Retail Group (ASNA), Shoe Carnival (SCVL), Citi Trends (CTRN), Tilly's (TLYS), Boot Barn Holdings (BOOT), Cherokee (CHKE), Destination XL Group (DXLG), New York & Company (NWY), Stein Mart (SMRT) and Stage Stores (SSI).
Who owns Buckle stock?
Buckle's stock is owned by a number of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include FMR LLC (15.14%), Vanguard Group Inc. (5.73%), Royce & Associates LP (3.08%), State Street Corp (2.17%), Wells Fargo & Company MN (1.88%) and Advisors Asset Management Inc. (1.83%). Company insiders that own Buckle stock include Bill L Fairfield, Kelli D Molczyk, Kyle Hanson, Michael E Huss and Michelle Hoffman. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Buckle.
Who sold Buckle stock? Who is selling Buckle stock?
Buckle's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Royce & Associates LP, Crawford Investment Counsel Inc., Baird Financial Group Inc., Advisors Asset Management Inc., TIAA CREF Investment Management LLC, Morgan Stanley, Wells Fargo & Company MN and AXA. Company insiders that have sold Buckle stock in the last year include Kelli D Molczyk, Kyle Hanson and Michael E Huss. View Insider Buying and Selling for Buckle.
Who bought Buckle stock? Who is buying Buckle stock?
Buckle's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including State Street Corp, Vanguard Group Inc., Shufro Rose & Co. LLC, Gotham Asset Management LLC, Sprucegrove Investment Management Ltd., Scout Investments Inc., Alambic Investment Management L.P. and HighTower Advisors LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for Buckle.
How do I buy Buckle stock?
Shares of Buckle can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Buckle stock cost?
One share of Buckle stock can currently be purchased for approximately $16.70.