About Wal-Mart Stores
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. is engaged in the operation of retail, wholesale and other units in various formats around the world. The Company operates through three segments: Walmart U.S., Walmart International and Sam's Club. The Walmart U.S. segment includes its mass merchant concept in the United States operating under the Walmart or Wal-Mart brands, as well as digital retail. The Walmart International segment consists of the Company's operations outside of the United States, including various retail Websites. The Walmart International segment includes various formats divided into three categories: retail, wholesale and other. These categories consist of various formats, including supercenters, supermarkets, and warehouse clubs, such as Sam's Clubs, cash and carry, home improvement, specialty electronics, apparel stores, drug stores and convenience stores, as well as digital retail. The Sam's Club segment includes the warehouse membership clubs in the United States, as well as samsclub.com.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Retail/Wholesale
- Industry: Discount, Variety Stores
- Sub-Industry: Hypermarkets & Super Centers
- Exchange: NYSE
- Symbol: WMT
- CUSIP: 93114210
- Previous Close: $68.87
- 50 Day Moving Average: $67.82
- 200 Day Moving Average: $70.38
- 52-Week Range: $3,073,190,000.00 - $62.35
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 15.05
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 16.02
- P/E Growth: 6.25
- Market Cap: $213.19B
- Outstanding Shares: 3,073,190,000
- Beta: 0.09
- Net Margins: 2.98%
- Return on Equity: 17.71%
- Return on Assets: 7.08%
Companies Related to Wal-Mart Stores:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.52%
- Current Ratio: 0.86%
- Quick Ratio: 0.18%
What is Wal-Mart Stores' stock symbol?
Wal-Mart Stores trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "WMT."
Where is Wal-Mart Stores' stock going? Where will Wal-Mart Stores' stock price be in 2017?
33 brokers have issued 1-year price targets for Wal-Mart Stores' shares. Their forecasts range from $61.00 to $90.00. On average, they anticipate Wal-Mart Stores' stock price to reach $74.47 in the next twelve months.
When will Wal-Mart Stores announce their earnings?
Wal-Mart Stores is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Tuesday, February, 21st 2017.
What are analysts saying about Wal-Mart Stores stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Wal-Mart Stores stock:
- BMO Capital Markets analysts commented, "Our assessment of U.S. Walmart Store's pricing actions (items on price rollback, clearance, and reduced price) among its six major business units (more granular 24 subcategory data available upon request). We see a price reduction reset in the subcategories of food, baby, and electronics emerging. From mid-January to February, Food average price reductions increased to 24% from 18%, but Baby decreased to 25% from 55%, and Electronics decreased to 23% from 41%. The increase in food leaves us wondering if traffic has slowed." (2/15/2017)
- Stifel Nicolaus analysts commented, "We are resuming coverage of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. with a Hold rating and $70 target price, 7.8x F2018E EBITDA. We anticipate U.S. comparable store sales growth of 1%-2% and low single-digit international sales growth to continue through F2019, though we also anticipate overall sales growth below longer-term 3%-4% expectations. We also expect investment levels to remain heightened, including spend on associates, competitive price adjustments, expanding e-commerce, and remodels, constraining EPS and resulting in growth modestly below company expectations in F2018 and F2019. We believe WMT shares trade near fair value, with current valuation not providing adequate risk/reward to overweight, in our view." (1/19/2017)
According to Zacks Investment Research, "Though share price of Wal-Mart has been rising since past one year, the company is facing a number of headwinds currently. While Wal-Mart posted positive earnings streak for the fifth consecutive quarter, top-line remains sluggish possibly due to deflationary pressure hurting comparable store sales. We are encouraged that the company is focusing on building its e-commerce capabilities, foraying into new markets, expanding product assortments and implementing innovative ways to drive traffic. The recent acquisition of ShoeBuy is in-line with the company’s efforts to grow its online activities. However, unfavorable currency and higher investments in wages and e-commerce activities are also taking a toll on the profits. Decline in international revenues, stiff competition from both brick & mortar and online retailers also poses concern." (1/11/2017)
Barclays PLC analysts commented, "Given that Walmart exhibits all of the traits of a Stable Staple (positive traffic, 2.8 percent dividend yield, 7.5 percent FCF yield, respectable lease-adjusted ROIC, positive traffic), yet is trading at a significant discount, we are assuming coverage with an Overweight rating and an $87 price target (32 percent upside)." (9/22/2016)
Who owns Wal-Mart Stores stock?
Wal-Mart Stores' stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include State Street Corp (2.37%), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Trust (0.38%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (0.37%), FMR LLC (0.37%), AQR Capital Management LLC (0.29%) and Barrow Hanley Mewhinney & Strauss LLC (0.14%). Company insiders that own Wal-Mart Stores stock include Alice L Walton, C Douglas Mcmillon, Jim C Walton, Rollin L Ford, Rosalind G Brewer, S Robson Walton, Steven P Whaley and Timothy Patrick Flynn.
Who sold Wal-Mart Stores stock? Who is selling Wal-Mart Stores stock?
Wal-Mart Stores' stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including FMR LLC, Letko Brosseau & Associates Inc., GLG Partners LP, Martingale Asset Management L P, Hotchkis & Wiley Capital Management LLC, New York State Teachers Retirement System, O Shaughnessy Asset Management LLC and Employees Retirement System of Texas. Company insiders that have sold Wal-Mart Stores stock in the last year include Alice L Walton, C Douglas Mcmillon, Jim C Walton, Rollin L Ford, Rosalind G Brewer, S Robson Walton and Steven P Whaley.
Who bought Wal-Mart Stores stock? Who is buying Wal-Mart Stores stock?
Wal-Mart Stores' stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including DZ BANK AG Deutsche Zentral Genossenschafts Bank Frankfurt am Main, Russell Investments Group Ltd., Dimensional Fund Advisors LP, Asset Management One Co. Ltd., Equity Investment Corp Acquisition Inc, State Street Corp, AQR Capital Management LLC and Renaissance Technologies LLC.
How do I buy Wal-Mart Stores stock?
Shares of Wal-Mart Stores can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Wal-Mart Stores stock cost?
One share of Wal-Mart Stores stock can currently be purchased for approximately $69.37.