Deere & Company is engaged in equipment operations. The Company is engaged in providing financial services. The Company operates through three business segments: agriculture and turf, construction and forestry, and financial services. The agriculture and turf segment manufactures and distributes a line of agriculture and turf equipment and related service parts. The construction and forestry segment provides a line of construction equipment, and forestry machines and attachments available in the world. The construction and forestry segment is also engaged in providing fleet management telematics solutions. The financial services segment primarily finances sales and leases by the Company dealers of new and used agriculture and turf equipment and construction and forestry equipment. The financial services segment also provides wholesale financing to dealers of the foregoing equipment, finances retail revolving charge accounts and offers extended equipment warranties.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Industrial Products
- Industry: Heavy Machinery & Vehicles - NEC
- Sub-Industry: Construction & Farm Machinery & Heavy Trucks
- Symbol: NYSE:DE
- CUSIP: 24419910
- Web: www.deere.com
- Market Cap: $39.33978 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 319,862,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $120.24
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $110.84
- 52 Week Range: $76.73 - $128.37
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 22.21
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 18.09
- P/E Growth: 0.97
- Annual Revenue: $26.78 billion
- Price / Sales: 1.47
- Book Value: $24.02 per share
- Price / Book: 5.14
- Annual Dividend: $2.40
- Dividend Yield: 1.9%
- EBIDTA: $3.98 billion
- Net Margins: 6.52%
- Return on Equity: 24.85%
- Return on Assets: 3.05%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 3.02%
- Current Ratio: 2.16%
- Quick Ratio: 1.95%
- Average Volume: 2.40 million shs.
- Beta: 0.71
- Short Ratio: 5.32
Frequently Asked Questions for Deere & Company (NYSE:DE)
What is Deere & Company's stock symbol?
Deere & Company trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "DE."
How often does Deere & Company pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Deere & Company?
Deere & Company declared a quarterly dividend on Wednesday, May 31st. Investors of record on Friday, June 30th will be given a dividend of $0.60 per share on Tuesday, August 1st. This represents a $2.40 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 1.95%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Wednesday, June 28th. View Deere & Company's Dividend History.
How were Deere & Company's earnings last quarter?
Deere & Company (NYSE:DE) posted its quarterly earnings data on Friday, May, 19th. The company reported $2.49 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of $1.70 by $0.79. The firm earned $7.26 billion during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $7.27 billion. Deere & Company had a return on equity of 24.85% and a net margin of 6.52%. The company's quarterly revenue was up 2.2% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the prior year, the company earned $1.56 earnings per share. View Deere & Company's Earnings History.
When will Deere & Company make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Deere & Company's stock going? Where will Deere & Company's stock price be in 2017?
24 analysts have issued 1 year price objectives for Deere & Company's shares. Their forecasts range from $76.00 to $151.00. On average, they anticipate Deere & Company's stock price to reach $121.18 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Deere & Company.
What are analysts saying about Deere & Company stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Deere & Company stock:
- 1. Citigroup Inc. analysts commented, "The overall mood from our time with the CEO and CFO of DE was a bit more positive than we expected and supportive of our view that positive estimate revisions can continue. Management noted increased optimism amongst its NA ag dealers, due in part to continued progress on reducing used HHP inventories. DE is producing to retail for large ag for the first time since early 2014. The CEO noted a positive mood among farmers and ag dealers during a recent visit to Brazil and Argentina. DE remains optimistic that its 5-year stretch of net share gains can continue. Commentary on Argentina was equally positive Optimism amongst its NA construction dealers and customers remains high, supported by a strong order rebound. Our sense is DE is taking a more measured approach to build rates We maintain our Buy rating with 3:1 upside trade-off." (3/28/2017)
- 2. Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "DE reported F1Q17 EPS of $0.61, above our $0.55 estimate and Consensus of $0.56. Despite the company's optimistic tone regarding overall demand and middling declines in the retail environment compared to the past two fiscal years, we remain cautious on NA Ag as farmer fundamentals have yet to significantly improve. 2017 guidance was tweaked higher which now calls for up sales of 4% (prior: down ~1%) and $1.5bn (prior: $1.4bn) in income' Our $105 PT assumes 145% EV/Sales and 13.5x EV/EBITDA on FY2017E, above the midpoint of DE's historical averages, which clearly prices in some recovery, in our view. Risks are primarily sudden changes in crop prices, the ability to execute on cost plans and potential distress in the finance business." (2/23/2017)
- 3. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Deere’s both top-line and bottom-line registered year-over-year decline in first-quarter fiscal 2017, while surpassing the Zacks Consensus Estimate on both counts. Further, the company’s performance will be driven by ongoing success of developing a more durable business model and a wider range of revenue sources. Moreover, it will benefit from the execution of its operating plans and disciplined cost management as well as a broad product portfolio. In the long term, the company stands to gain from favorable trends, supported by increasing population and rising living standards. Further, focusing on investments in new products and geographies remain tailwinds. The company’s stock performed in line with the Zacks sub industry, in the past one year. However, low commodity prices and stagnant farm income will continue to dent Deere’s equipment sales in 2017." (2/22/2017)
Who are some of Deere & Company's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Deere & Company include Caterpillar (CAT), PACCAR (PCAR), CNH Industrial NV (CNHI), Wabco Holdings (WBC), Allison Transmission Holdings (ALSN), AGCO Corporation (AGCO), Melrose Industries PLC (MRO), Terex Corporation (TEX), Navistar International Corporation (NAV), Meritor (MTOR), Federal Signal Corporation (FSS), Hyster-Yale Materials Handling (HY), Manitowoc Company, Inc. (The) (MTW) and Douglas Dynamics (PLOW).
Who are Deere & Company's key executives?
Deere & Company's management team includes the folowing people:
- Samuel R. Allen, Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer
- Rajesh Kalathur, Chief Financial Officer, Senior Vice President
- James M. Field, President - Agriculture & Turf Division-Global Harvesting & Turf Platforms, Americas and Australia
- Max A. Guinn, President - Worldwide Construction & Forestry
- Cory J. Reed, President, John Deere Financial
- Markwart von Pentz, President - Agriculture & Turf Division-Europe, Asia, Africa, and Global Tractor Platform
- Marc A. Howze, Senior Vice President, Chief Administrative Officer
- Mary K. W. Jones, Senior Vice President, General Counsel
- Jean H. Gilles, Senior Vice President - John Deere Power Systems, Worldwide Parts Services, Advanced Technology & Engineering, Global Supply Management and Logistics
- John C. May, President - Agricultural Solutions, Chief Information Officer
Who owns Deere & Company stock?
Deere & Company's stock is owned by many different of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include Vanguard Group Inc. (6.42%), BlackRock Inc. (5.25%), State Street Corp (3.85%), First Eagle Investment Management LLC (2.09%), Loomis Sayles & Co. L P (1.84%) and Primecap Management Co. CA (1.73%). Company insiders that own Deere & Company stock include Cory J Reed, James M Field, Jean H Gilles, John C May II, Marc A Howze, Max A Guinn, Rajesh Kalathur and Samuel R Allen. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Deere & Company.
Who sold Deere & Company stock? Who is selling Deere & Company stock?
Deere & Company's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including FMR LLC, Renaissance Technologies LLC, OppenheimerFunds Inc., Aristotle Capital Management LLC, Parnassus Investments CA, Barrow Hanley Mewhinney & Strauss LLC, Mackenzie Financial Corp and Neuberger Berman Group LLC. Company insiders that have sold Deere & Company stock in the last year include Cory J Reed, James M Field, John C May II, Marc A Howze, Max A Guinn and Samuel R Allen. View Insider Buying and Selling for Deere & Company.
Who bought Deere & Company stock? Who is buying Deere & Company stock?
Deere & Company's stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including BlackRock Inc., Vanguard Group Inc., SG Americas Securities LLC, First Eagle Investment Management LLC, Geode Capital Management LLC, PGGM Investments, Prudential Financial Inc. and Swiss National Bank. View Insider Buying and Selling for Deere & Company.
How do I buy Deere & Company stock?
Shares of Deere & Company can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Deere & Company's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Deere & Company (NYSE DE)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Deere & Company and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Deere & Company stock can currently be purchased for approximately $123.35.
Consensus Ratings for Deere & Company (NYSE:DE) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||3 Sell Ratings, 12 Hold Ratings, 9 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Hold (Score: 2.25)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$121.18 (1.76% downside)|
Analysts' Ratings History for Deere & Company (NYSE:DE)
(Data available from 6/27/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|6/9/2017||Citigroup Inc.||Boost Price Target||Buy||$145.00 -> $150.00||Low|
|6/4/2017||Barclays PLC||Set Price Target||Sell||$100.00||Low|
|6/3/2017||Credit Suisse Group||Set Price Target||Buy||$151.00||Low|
|6/2/2017||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Upgrade||Underweight -> Neutral||$103.00 -> $122.00||Medium|
|6/1/2017||William Blair||Upgrade||Underperform -> Market Perform||Low|
|5/31/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$105.00||Low|
|5/30/2017||BMO Capital Markets||Boost Price Target||Outperform||$128.00 -> $140.00||Low|
|5/24/2017||Bank of America Corporation||Boost Price Target||Buy||$130.00 -> $145.00||Low|
|5/23/2017||Wells Fargo & Company||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$125.00 -> $140.00||Low|
|5/23/2017||Royal Bank Of Canada||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$133.00||Low|
|5/22/2017||Robert W. Baird||Boost Price Target||Outperform||$125.00 -> $130.00||Medium|
|5/22/2017||Deutsche Bank AG||Boost Price Target||Hold||$122.00 -> $135.00||Medium|
|5/22/2017||Stifel Nicolaus||Boost Price Target||Buy -> Buy||$126.00 -> $135.00||Medium|
|1/24/2017||Berenberg Bank||Initiated Coverage||Sell||$90.00||N/A|
|1/6/2017||Vertical Research||Upgrade||Sell -> Hold||N/A|
|11/28/2016||Piper Jaffray Companies||Upgrade||Underweight -> Neutral||$70.00 -> $100.00||N/A|
|11/25/2016||Macquarie||Upgrade||Underperform -> Neutral||N/A|
|11/25/2016||Longbow Research||Upgrade||Underperform -> Neutral||N/A|
|11/9/2016||Mizuho||Downgrade||Buy -> Neutral||N/A|
|10/27/2016||Oppenheimer Holdings, Inc.||Downgrade||Outperform -> Market Perform||N/A|
|10/18/2016||Clarkson Capital||Upgrade||Neutral -> Buy||N/A|
|8/23/2016||Argus||Boost Price Target||Buy||$90.00 -> $98.00||N/A|
|8/22/2016||Morgan Stanley||Boost Price Target||Underweight||$70.00 -> $76.00||N/A|
|6/2/2016||Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The)||Upgrade||Neutral -> Buy||$87.00 -> $105.00||N/A|
|5/24/2016||Cowen and Company||Upgrade||Market Perform -> Outperform||$50.50||N/A|
|2/22/2016||Societe Generale||Lower Price Target||Hold||$82.00 -> $81.00||N/A|
|11/25/2015||S&P Equity Research||Reiterated Rating||Sell||N/A|
|10/15/2015||Avondale Partners||Initiated Coverage||Outperform||$90.00||N/A|
|7/18/2015||Seaport Global Securities||Boost Price Target||$88.00 -> $94.00||N/A|
Earnings History for Deere & Company (NYSE:DE)Earnings History by Quarter for Deere & Company (NYSE DE)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/18/2017|| || || || || || || || |
|5/19/2017||Q2 17||$1.70||$2.49||$7.27 billion||$7.26 billion||View||N/A|
|2/17/2017||Q1 2017||$0.50||$0.61||$4.59 billion||$4.70 billion||View||N/A|
|11/23/2016||Q416||$0.40||$0.90||$5.35 billion||$5.65 billion||View||N/A|
|8/19/2016||Q316||$0.94||$1.55||$6.00 billion||$5.86 billion||View||N/A|
|5/20/2016||Q216||$1.48||$1.56||$6.70 billion||$7.11 billion||View||Listen|
|2/19/2016||Q116||$0.70||$0.80||$4.94 billion||$5.53 billion||View||Listen|
|11/25/2015||Q415||$0.75||$1.08||$6.13 billion||$5.93 billion||View||N/A|
|8/21/2015||Q315||$1.44||$1.53||$7.11 billion||$6.84 billion||View||N/A|
|5/22/2015||Q215||$1.57||$2.03||$7.60 billion||$7.40 billion||View||Listen|
|2/20/2015||Q115||$0.83||$1.12||$5.54 billion||$5.61 billion||View||N/A|
|11/26/2014||Q414||$1.57||$1.83||$7.80 billion||$8.04 billion||View||N/A|
|8/13/2014||Q3||$2.19||$2.33||$8.75 million||$9.50 billion||View||Listen|
|5/14/2014||Q214||$2.48||$2.65||$9.65 billion||$9.95 billion||View||N/A|
|2/11/2014||Q114||$1.52||$1.81||$6.62 billion||$7.65 billion||View||N/A|
|11/20/2013||Q413||$1.89||$2.11||$8.68 billion||$8.62 billion||View||Listen|
|8/14/2013||Q3 2013||$2.17||$2.56||$9.28 billion||$10.01 billion||View||N/A|
|5/15/2013||Q2 2013||$2.72||$2.76||$9.81 billion||$10.91 billion||View||Listen|
|2/13/2013||Q1 2013||$1.40||$1.65||$6.72 billion||$7.42 billion||View||Listen|
Earnings Estimates for Deere & Company (NYSE:DE)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $5.28
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $6.50
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Current Dividend Information for Deere & Company (NYSE:DE)
|Dividend Growth:||6.40% (3 Year Average)|
|Payout Ratio:||43.24% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
38.03% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
35.19% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Dividend History by Quarter for Deere & Company (NYSE DE)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Deere & Company (NYSE:DE)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 0.75%Insider Trades by Quarter for Deere & Company (NYSE:DE)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 67.37%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|6/16/2017||Cory J Reed||Insider||Sell||4,936||$128.00||$631,808.00|| |
|6/6/2017||John C May II||Insider||Sell||19,907||$125.57||$2,499,721.99|| |
|6/1/2017||Samuel R Allen||CEO||Sell||62,704||$125.00||$7,838,000.00|| |
|5/25/2017||Cory J Reed||Insider||Sell||5,601||$123.00||$688,923.00|| |
|5/19/2017||Cory J Reed||Insider||Sell||5,840||$119.59||$698,405.60|| |
|5/19/2017||Marc A Howze||VP||Sell||6,624||$119.59||$792,164.16|| |
|2/28/2017||Cory J Reed||Insider||Sell||3,665||$110.00||$403,150.00|| |
|2/22/2017||Cory J Reed||Insider||Sell||1,829||$108.78||$198,958.62|| |
|2/22/2017||Samuel R Allen||CEO||Sell||28,808||$109.40||$3,151,595.20|| |
|12/1/2016||James M Field||Insider||Sell||49,964||$101.67||$5,079,839.88|| |
|11/25/2016||Max A Guinn||Insider||Sell||36,402||$102.94||$3,747,221.88|| |
|11/23/2016||John C May II||Insider||Sell||18,614||$96.46||$1,795,506.44|| |
|12/2/2015||Rajesh Kalathur||CFO||Sell||4,366||$79.52||$347,184.32|| |
|6/30/2015||Jean H Gilles||SVP||Sell||4,463||$98.21||$438,311.23|| |
|6/30/2015||Max A Guinn||Insider||Sell||14,374||$97.32||$1,398,877.68|| |
|6/26/2015||James M Field||Insider||Sell||28,228||$95.07||$2,683,635.96|| |
|6/11/2015||Max A Guinn||Insider||Sell||12,251||$93.00||$1,139,343.00|| |
|3/23/2015||Mary K.W. Jones||VP||Sell||7,000||$90.00||$630,000.00|| |
|3/16/2015||Mary K.W. Jones||VP||Sell||3,484||$89.44||$311,608.96|| |
|2/24/2015||Pentz Markwart Von||Insider||Sell||13,911||$90.94||$1,265,066.34|| |
|5/29/2014||Rajesh Kalathur||CFO||Sell||4,860||$90.96||$442,065.60|| |
|5/19/2014||John May II||Insider||Sell||4,571||$90.75||$414,818.25|| |
|4/8/2014||Jean Gilles||SVP||Sell||13,100||$92.74||$1,214,894.00|| |
|4/4/2014||James Field||Insider||Sell||13,380||$92.56||$1,238,452.80|| |
|4/4/2014||Jean Gilles||SVP||Sell||9,550||$92.72||$885,476.00|| |
|4/3/2014||Samuel Allen||CEO||Sell||32,371||$92.02||$2,978,779.42|| |
|8/23/2013||Rajesh Kalathur||CFO||Sell||4,672||$82.99||$387,729.28|| |
|1/22/2013||James R Jenkins||SVP||Sell||17,257||$91.91||$1,586,090.87|| |
Headline Trends for Deere & Company (NYSE:DE)
Latest Headlines for Deere & Company (NYSE:DE)
Deere & Company (DE) Chart for Tuesday, June, 27, 2017