The Dow Chemical Company manufactures and supplies products used primarily as raw materials in the manufacture of customer products and services. The Company's segments include Agricultural Sciences, which is engaged in providing crop protection and seed/plant biotechnology products and technologies, urban pest management solutions and healthy oils; Consumer Solutions, which consists of Consumer Care, Dow Automotive Systems, Dow Electronic Materials and Consumer Solutions-Silicones businesses; Infrastructure Solutions, which consists of Dow Building & Construction, Dow Coating Materials, Energy & Water Solutions, Performance Monomers and Infrastructure Solutions-Silicones businesses; Performance Materials & Chemicals, which consists of Chlor-Alkali and Vinyl, Industrial Solutions and Polyurethanes businesses, and Performance Plastics, which consists of Dow Elastomers, Dow Electrical and Telecommunications, Dow Packaging and Specialty Plastics, Energy and Hydrocarbons businesses.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Basic Materials
- Industry: Diversified Chemicals
- Sub-Industry: Diversified Chemicals
- Symbol: NYSE:DOW
- CUSIP: 26054310
- Web: www.dow.com
- Market Cap: $80.80344 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 1,221,702,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $64.34
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $62.32
- 52 Week Range: $51.57 - $66.89
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 16.29
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 15.53
- P/E Growth: 2.35
- Annual Revenue: $50.69 billion
- Price / Sales: 1.59
- Book Value: $22.15 per share
- Price / Book: 2.99
- Annual Dividend: $1.84
- Dividend Yield: 2.8%
- EBIDTA: $8.98 billion
- Net Margins: 9.77%
- Return on Equity: 16.65%
- Return on Assets: 5.58%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.72%
- Current Ratio: 1.87%
- Quick Ratio: 1.25%
- Average Volume: 5.40 million shs.
- Beta: 1.13
- Short Ratio: 2.43
Frequently Asked Questions for Dow Chemical Company (The) (NYSE:DOW)
What is Dow Chemical Company (The)'s stock symbol?
Dow Chemical Company (The) trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "DOW."
How often does Dow Chemical Company (The) pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Dow Chemical Company (The)?
Dow Chemical Company (The) declared a quarterly dividend on Thursday, July 13th. Stockholders of record on Monday, July 31st will be paid a dividend of $0.46 per share on Monday, October 2nd. This represents a $1.84 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 2.78%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Thursday, July 27th. View Dow Chemical Company (The)'s Dividend History.
How were Dow Chemical Company (The)'s earnings last quarter?
Dow Chemical Company (The) (NYSE:DOW) released its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, April, 27th. The company reported $1.04 EPS for the quarter, topping analysts' consensus estimates of $0.99 by $0.05. The firm had revenue of $13.23 billion for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $12.46 billion. Dow Chemical Company (The) had a net margin of 9.77% and a return on equity of 16.65%. The company's revenue was up 23.6% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter in the previous year, the company earned $0.89 EPS. View Dow Chemical Company (The)'s Earnings History.
Where is Dow Chemical Company (The)'s stock going? Where will Dow Chemical Company (The)'s stock price be in 2017?
11 analysts have issued 12 month target prices for Dow Chemical Company (The)'s shares. Their forecasts range from $60.00 to $85.00. On average, they anticipate Dow Chemical Company (The)'s stock price to reach $69.44 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Dow Chemical Company (The).
What are analysts saying about Dow Chemical Company (The) stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Dow Chemical Company (The) stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Estimates for Dow for second-quarter 2017 have been going down of late. Dow’s agriculture business remains affected by weak crop commodity prices and depressed demand in North America. The company also faces feedstock cost pressure which may continue to affect margins in its downstream businesses in the second quarter. It is also exposed to headwinds associated with higher maintenance costs as well as currency translation. However, Dow has outperformed the Zacks categorized Chemicals-Diversified industry over a year." (7/4/2017)
- 2. Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "Following the recent market rally, emphasizing self-help and EPS growth prospects less chained to the industrial cycle will likely improve both absolute returns and risk/reward in the chemical sector. With this in mind, and with the merger likely to close in the near future, we are upgrading Dow and DuPont to Buy from Hold." (3/6/2017)
- 3. J P Morgan Chase & Co analysts commented, "The reports of our chemical companies concerning order patterns and business conditions in July suggest that European recessionary conditions are not a base case, and that global demand is holding up generally well," analyst Jeffrey Zekauskas wrote in a note.The analyst still believes Dow Chemical/E I Du Pont De Nemours And Co (NYSE: DD) could be "a large free cash generator over a longer period of time as Dow's capital expenditures move substantially lower." Further, the company is expected to benefit from significant capacity expansions and efforts to achieve cost reduction in the consolidation of the companies.Related Link: Du Pont's Beat Doesn't Take Barclays' Focus Off Dow DealZekauskas noted that Dow was able to maintain a level EBITDA year-over-year in the second quarter significantly due to its cost reduction efforts and by running capacity of ethylene and derivatives at reasonable rates.The analyst added, "Should Dow meet its target of an incremental $400 million in equity income from Sadara, the benefit would be an additional $0.35 per share."It may be the case that Dow's earnings can easily rise above $4.00 annually from a reasonable functioning of Sadara. It is easy to forget that Performance Materials and Performance Plastics equity income combined were $579 million in 2014 and are likely to be $75 million in 2016," (7/29/2016)
Who are some of Dow Chemical Company (The)'s key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Dow Chemical Company (The) include BASF SE (BASFY), E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company (DD), BHP Billiton plc (BLT), BHP Billiton Limited (BHP), Rio Tinto PLC (RIO), Rio Tinto plc (RIO), Glencore PLC (GLNCY), Monsanto Company (MON), Air Liquide SA (AIQUY), VALE S.A. (VALE), Syngenta AG (SYT), Shin-Etsu Chemical (SHECY), Ecolab (ECL), Praxair (PX), Linde AG (LNEGY), BHP Billiton PLC (BBL), LyondellBasell Industries NV (LYB) and Air Products and Chemicals (APD).
Who are Dow Chemical Company (The)'s key executives?
Dow Chemical Company (The)'s management team includes the folowing people:
- Andrew N. Liveris, Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer
- James R. Fitterling, President, Chief Operating Officer
- Howard I. Ungerleider, Vice Chairman, Chief Financial Officer
- Joe E. Harlan, Vice Chairman, Chief Commercial Officer
- Johanna Soderstrom, Chief Human Resource Officer, Corporate Vice President - Human Resources and Aviation
- Charles J. Kalil, Executive Vice President, General Counsel
- Heinz Haller, Executive Vice President and President, Dow Europe, Middle East, Africa and India
- Attiganal N. Sreeram, Senior Vice President - Research and Development, Chief Technology Officer
- Peter Holicki, Senior Vice President - Operations, Manufacturing and Engineering, Environment, Health and Safety Operations, and Emergency Services and Security
- Ronald C. Edmonds, Vice President - Controllers and Tax, Controller
Who owns Dow Chemical Company (The) stock?
Dow Chemical Company (The)'s stock is owned by many different of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include RE Advisers Corp (0.23%), APG Asset Management N.V. (0.18%), Bank of Montreal Can (0.11%), Chevy Chase Trust Holdings Inc. (0.11%), US Bancorp DE (0.08%) and National Pension Service (0.07%). View Institutional Ownership Trends for Dow Chemical Company (The).
Who sold Dow Chemical Company (The) stock? Who is selling Dow Chemical Company (The) stock?
Dow Chemical Company (The)'s stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Barometer Capital Management Inc., Armstrong Shaw Associates Inc. CT, APG Asset Management N.V., Exxonmobil Investment Management Inc. TX, NN Investment Partners Holdings N.V., Eqis Capital Management Inc., Atalanta Sosnoff Capital LLC and US Bancorp DE. View Insider Buying and Selling for Dow Chemical Company (The).
Who bought Dow Chemical Company (The) stock? Who is buying Dow Chemical Company (The) stock?
Dow Chemical Company (The)'s stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Mn Services Vermogensbeheer B.V., Handelsbanken Fonder AB, Sit Investment Associates Inc., Bank of Montreal Can, Pennsylvania Trust Co, National Pension Service, Gateway Investment Advisers LLC and James Investment Research Inc.. View Insider Buying and Selling for Dow Chemical Company (The).
How do I buy Dow Chemical Company (The) stock?
Shares of Dow Chemical Company (The) can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Dow Chemical Company (The)'s stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Dow Chemical Company (The) (NYSE DOW)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Dow Chemical Company (The) and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Dow Chemical Company (The) stock can currently be purchased for approximately $66.14.
Consensus Ratings for Dow Chemical Company (The) (NYSE:DOW) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||3 Hold Ratings, 8 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.73)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$69.44 (5.00% upside)|
Analysts' Ratings History for Dow Chemical Company (The) (NYSE:DOW)
(Data available from 7/24/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|7/14/2017||Cowen and Company||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$60.00||Low|
|7/6/2017||Royal Bank Of Canada||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$76.00||Low|
|4/30/2017||Credit Suisse Group||Set Price Target||Buy||$66.00||Medium|
|5/1/2017||Citigroup Inc.||Boost Price Target||Buy||$73.00 -> $74.00||Low|
|5/1/2017||Barclays PLC||Boost Price Target||Equal Weight||$65.00 -> $67.00||Low|
|4/25/2017||Erste Group||Initiated Coverage||Hold||Low|
|3/20/2017||Alembic Global Advisors||Set Price Target||Buy||$85.00||Medium|
|3/6/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Upgrade||Hold -> Buy||$65.00 -> $75.00||N/A|
|12/23/2016||Sanford C. Bernstein||Reiterated Rating||Overweight||N/A|
|7/29/2016||Nomura||Boost Price Target||Buy||$59.00 -> $62.00||N/A|
|7/29/2016||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Upgrade||Neutral -> Overweight||$50.00 -> $60.00||N/A|
|4/4/2016||Deutsche Bank AG||Reiterated Rating||Buy||N/A|
|2/8/2016||Susquehanna Bancshares Inc||Upgrade||Neutral -> Positive||$54.00||N/A|
|10/23/2015||S&P Equity Research||Downgrade||Hold||$54.00 -> $51.00||N/A|
|9/8/2015||Bank of America Corporation||Initiated Coverage||Buy||$55.00 -> $42.08||N/A|
|9/4/2015||Piper Jaffray Companies||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$52.00 -> $48.00||N/A|
Earnings History for Dow Chemical Company (The) (NYSE:DOW)Earnings History by Quarter for Dow Chemical Company (The) (NYSE DOW)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|4/27/2017||Q1 17||$0.99||$1.04||$12.46 billion||$13.23 billion||View||N/A|
|1/26/2017||Q416||$0.88||$0.99||$12.36 billion||$13.00 billion||View||Listen|
|10/27/2016||Q316||$0.80||$0.91||$12.01 billion||$12.48 billion||View||Listen|
|7/28/2016||Q216||$0.86||$0.95||$11.24 billion||$12.00 billion||View||Listen|
|4/28/2016||Q116||$0.83||$0.89||$10.66 billion||$10.70 billion||View||Listen|
|2/2/2016||Q415||$0.70||$0.93||$11.20 billion||$11.50 billion||View||Listen|
|10/22/2015||Q315||$0.68||$0.82||$12.38 billion||$12.04 billion||View||Listen|
|7/23/2015||Q215||$0.81||$0.91||$12.96 billion||$12.90 billion||View||Listen|
|4/23/2015||Q115||$0.76||$0.84||$13.04 billion||$12.40 billion||View||Listen|
|1/29/2015||Q4||$0.68||$0.85||$14.50 billion||$14.38 billion||View||Listen|
|10/22/2014||Q314||$0.67||$0.72||$14.31 billion||$14.40 billion||View||Listen|
|7/23/2014||Q214||$0.72||$0.74||$14.82 billion||$14.92 billion||View||Listen|
|4/23/2014||Q114||$0.71||$0.79||$14.72 billion||$14.50 billion||View||Listen|
|1/29/2014||Q413||$0.43||$0.65||$14.13 billion||$14.40 billion||View||Listen|
|10/24/2013||Q313||$0.54||$0.50||$14.00 million||$13.73 million||View||Listen|
|7/25/2013||Q2 2013||$0.63||$0.64||$14.48 billion||$14.60 billion||View||Listen|
|4/25/2013||Q1 2013||$0.61||$0.69||$14.88 billion||$14.40 billion||View||Listen|
|1/31/2013||Q4 2012||$0.34||$0.33||$13.70 billion||$13.92 billion||View||Listen|
Earnings Estimates for Dow Chemical Company (The) (NYSE:DOW)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $4.05
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Current Dividend Information for Dow Chemical Company (The) (NYSE:DOW)
|Dividend Growth:||24.20% (3 Year Average)|
|Payout Ratio:||46.82% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
45.77% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
43.19% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
|Track Record:||6 Years of Consecutive Dividend Growth|
Dividend History by Quarter for Dow Chemical Company (The) (NYSE DOW)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Dow Chemical Company (The) (NYSE:DOW)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 0.89%Insider Trades by Quarter for Dow Chemical Company (The) (NYSE:DOW)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 69.03%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|11/3/2015||Fernando Ruiz||VP||Sell||20,000||$52.35||$1,047,000.00|| |
|2/11/2015||Ruth G Shaw||Director||Buy||4,154||$48.19||$200,181.26|| |
|2/6/2015||Mark Loughridge||Director||Buy||2,074||$48.23||$100,029.02|| |
|10/27/2014||Paul Polman||Director||Buy||21,500||$46.56||$1,001,040.00|| |
|8/7/2014||Fernando Ruiz||VP||Sell||35,000||$52.00||$1,820,000.00|| |
|5/19/2014||James Fitterling||EVP||Sell||72,000||$49.41||$3,557,520.00|| |
|8/12/2013||Arnold Allemang||Director||Sell||50,028||$37.49||$1,875,549.72|| |
|8/9/2013||James Fitterling||EVP||Sell||30,000||$38.00||$1,140,000.00|| |
|8/5/2013||Carol Dudley-Williams||EVP||Sell||25,000||$36.26||$906,500.00|| |
|5/21/2013||James R Fitterling||EVP||Sell||46,720||$35.90||$1,677,248.00|| |
|5/20/2013||Fernando Ruiz||VP||Sell||2,007||$35.56||$71,368.92|| |
|2/25/2013||Arnold A Allemang||Director||Sell||33,000||$31.39||$1,035,870.00|| |
Headline Trends for Dow Chemical Company (The) (NYSE:DOW)
Latest Headlines for Dow Chemical Company (The) (NYSE:DOW)
Dow Chemical Company (The) (DOW) Chart for Monday, July, 24, 2017