About Kemet Corporation (NYSE:KEM)
KEMET Corporation (KEMET) is a manufacturer of passive electronic components. The Company operates in two segments: Solid Capacitors, and Film and Electrolytic. The Solid Capacitors segment primarily produces tantalum, aluminum, polymer and ceramic capacitors. Solid Capacitors also produces tantalum powder used in the production of tantalum capacitors. The Film and Electrolytic Business Group produces film, paper and wet aluminum electrolytic capacitors. It also designs and produces EMI Filters. The Company's product offerings include surface mount, which are attached directly to the circuit board; leaded capacitors, which are attached to the circuit board using lead wires, and chassis-mount and other pin-through-hole board-mount capacitors, which utilize attachment methods, such as screw terminal and snap-in. The Company sells its products to a range of original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and electronics manufacturing services (EMS) providers.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Electronic Component
- Sub-Industry: Electronic Manufacturing Services
- Symbol: NYSE:KEM
- CUSIP: 48836020
- Web: www.kemet.com
- Market Cap: $1.25 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 47,694,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $22.61
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $16.72
- 52 Week Range: $3.45 - $27.35
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 5.47
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 15.55
- P/E Growth: 1.33
- Annual Revenue: $846.86 million
- Price / Sales: 1.47
- Book Value: $8.10 per share
- Price / Book: 3.22
- EBITDA: $110.1 million
- Net Margins: 33.25%
- Return on Equity: 20.21%
- Return on Assets: 4.53%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.82%
- Current Ratio: 2.47%
- Quick Ratio: 1.69%
- Average Volume: 2.13 million shs.
- Beta: 3.56
- Short Ratio: 1.49
Frequently Asked Questions for Kemet Corporation (NYSE:KEM)
What is Kemet Corporation's stock symbol?
Kemet Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "KEM."
How were Kemet Corporation's earnings last quarter?
Kemet Corporation (NYSE:KEM) posted its earnings results on Wednesday, August, 2nd. The company reported $0.33 earnings per share for the quarter, topping the Zacks' consensus estimate of $0.18 by $0.15. The business had revenue of $274 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $282.52 million. Kemet Corporation had a net margin of 33.25% and a return on equity of 20.21%. Kemet Corporation's revenue was up 48.2% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the prior year, the firm posted $0.06 EPS. View Kemet Corporation's Earnings History.
When will Kemet Corporation make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Kemet Corporation's stock going? Where will Kemet Corporation's stock price be in 2017?
2 equities research analysts have issued 12 month target prices for Kemet Corporation's stock. Their predictions range from $12.00 to $24.25. On average, they expect Kemet Corporation's share price to reach $18.13 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Kemet Corporation.
What are analysts saying about Kemet Corporation stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Kemet Corporation stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "KEMET Corporation and its subsidiaries is the world's largest manufacturer of solid tantalum capacitors and and one of the world's largest manufacturer of multilayer ceramic capacitors. According to industry sources, tantalum and ceramic capacitors are the two fastest growing sectors of the United States capacitor industry. Capacitors are electronic components that store, filter and regulate electrical energy and current flow and are one of the essential passive components used on circuit boards. " (10/6/2017)
- 2. Stifel Nicolaus analysts commented, "As we contemplated potentially favorable terms of Kemet's acquisition of NEC Tokin, following indications earlier this month that it hoped to close the deal by the June quarter under a different structure than originally designed, we didn't come close to calculating a transaction as favorable as the one announced this morning. Indeed, under terms of the agreement with NEC Corp., Kemet is buying the passive-component portion of NEC Tokin for $197mn, but nearly all of that price is coming out of Tokin through a sale of a division. The net of this is that Kemet will add ~$26mn in EBITDA from Tokin (on a trailing basis) and decrease its net debt from $281mn to $207mn (or even lower if you exclude $86mn in accruals for legal liabilities). In addition, Kemet believes it can take an additional $20mn in costs out of Tokin in the next two years. Thus we see earnings and EBITDA increasing significantly in FY18 and FY19, potentially to $1 in adjusted earnings. So how to value the stock now? To be sure, there are still risks associated with further restructuring in Japan. Still, the company is in a much stronger position today than it has been in years, with a broader product offering and a more solid balance sheet. We move our PT to $10, which is roughly 12x estimated pro forma FY18 EPS of $0.80, and is in line it peers in the passive-component space." (2/24/2017)
Who are some of Kemet Corporation's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Kemet Corporation include Methode Electronics (MEI), CTS Corporation (CTS), Electro Scientific Industries (ESIO), NVE Corporation (NVEC), Bel Fuse (BELFB), Maxwell Technologies (MXWL), Active Energy Group PLC (AEG), Digital Power (DPW), DragonWave, Inc.(USA) (DRWI), E2V Technologies PLC (E2V), Novanta (GSIG) and Teliti International Ltd (TEL).
Who are Kemet Corporation's key executives?
Kemet Corporation's management team includes the folowing people:
- Frank G. Brandenberg, Independent Chairman of the Board
- Per-Olof Loof, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Stefano Vetralla, Chief Human Resource Officer, Vice President of Human Resources
- Charles C. Meeks JR, Executive Vice President - Solid Capacitor Business Group
- Philip Michael Lessner, Senior Vice President, Chief Technology Officer
- Susan Berish Barkal, Senior Vice President, Chief Compliance Officer
- R. James Assaf, Senior Vice President, General Counsel, Secretary
- Claudio Lollini, Senior Vice President of Global Sales and Marketing
- John C. Powers, Senior Vice President, Global Supply Chain; Chief Procurement Officer.
- Brian Wesley Burch, Chief Information Officer, Vice President
Who owns Kemet Corporation stock?
Kemet Corporation's stock is owned by many different of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include Robeco Institutional Asset Management B.V. (0.44%). Company insiders that own Kemet Corporation stock include Charles C Meeks Jr, Claudio Lollini, Frank G Brandenberg, Joseph Vincent Borruso, Per Olof Loof, Ronald James Assaf, Stefano Vetralla, Susan Berish Barkal, Wilfried Backes and William M Lowe Jr. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Kemet Corporation.
Who bought Kemet Corporation stock? Who is buying Kemet Corporation stock?
How do I buy Kemet Corporation stock?
Shares of Kemet Corporation can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Kemet Corporation's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Kemet Corporation (NYSE KEM)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Kemet Corporation and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Kemet Corporation stock can currently be purchased for approximately $26.12.
Consensus Ratings for Kemet Corporation (NYSE:KEM) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||1 Hold Rating, 1 Buy Rating|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.50)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$18.13 (30.61% downside)|Consensus Price Target History for Kemet Corporation (NYSE:KEM)
Analysts' Ratings History for Kemet Corporation (NYSE:KEM)
(Data available from 10/21/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|8/8/2017||B. Riley||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$24.25||Medium|
|8/7/2017||Stifel Nicolaus||Reiterated Rating||Hold||Low|
Earnings History for Kemet Corporation (NYSE:KEM)Earnings History by Quarter for Kemet Corporation (NYSE KEM)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/2/2017||Q1 2018||$0.18||$0.33||$282.52 million||$274.00 million||View||Listen|
|5/10/2017||Q4 2017||$0.10||$0.14||$191.73 million||$197.52 million||View||N/A|
|2/2/2017||Q317||$0.09||$0.11||$183.85 million||$188.00 million||View||Listen|
|11/1/2016||Q217||$0.04||$0.11||$187.99 million||$187.30 million||View||Listen|
|7/28/2016||Q117||$0.05||$0.06||$183.13 million||$184.90 million||View||Listen|
|5/3/2016||Q416||$0.07||$0.04||$180.81 million||$183.90 million||View||Listen|
|1/28/2016||Q316||$0.09||$0.04||$183.85 million||$177.20 million||View||Listen|
|10/29/2015||Q2||($0.01)||$0.09||$186.81 million||$186.12 million||View||Listen|
|7/28/2015||Q116||($0.02)||$0.01||$194.26 million||$187.60 million||View||Listen|
|5/5/2015||Q415||$0.07||($0.06)||$204.49 million||$193.70 million||View||N/A|
|1/29/2015||Q315||$0.07||$0.11||$208.12 million||$201.30 million||View||N/A|
|10/30/2014||Q215||$0.03||$0.07||$208.88 million||$215.30 million||View||N/A|
|7/24/2014||Q414||$0.02||($0.07)||$215.60 million||$212.90 million||View||N/A|
|5/8/2014||Q4||$0.02||$0.01||$207.07 million||$215.82 million||View||Listen|
|1/30/2014||Q314||($0.06)||$0.02||$213.60 million||$207.30 million||View||Listen|
|10/31/2013||Q214||($0.27)||($0.13)||$206.10 million||$212.70 million||View||Listen|
|7/25/2013||Q1 2014||($0.22)||($0.38)||$205.35 million||$202.72 million||View||Listen|
|5/9/2013||Q4 2013||($0.08)||($0.22)||$201.57 million||$203.50 million||View||Listen|
|1/31/2013||Q3 2013||($0.19)||($0.05)||$200.63 million||$200.30 million||View||Listen|
|11/1/2012||Q213||($0.09)||($0.14)||$223.88 million||$216.00 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Kemet Corporation (NYSE:KEM)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.24
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.75
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Kemet Corporation (NYSE:KEM)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Kemet Corporation (NYSE:KEM)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 3.88%Insider Trades by Quarter for Kemet Corporation (NYSE:KEM)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 67.27%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|9/7/2017||Joseph Vincent Borruso||Director||Sell||1,000||$22.31||$22,310.00|| |
|8/30/2017||Frank G Brandenberg||Director||Sell||11,525||$23.12||$266,458.00|| |
|8/14/2017||Wilfried Backes||Director||Sell||20,000||$20.47||$409,400.00|| |
|8/9/2017||Stefano Vetralla||VP||Sell||9,000||$18.70||$168,300.00|| |
|8/7/2017||Charles C Meeks Jr||Insider||Sell||30,000||$18.89||$566,700.00|| |
|8/4/2017||Ronald James Assaf||SVP||Sell||9,334||$17.73||$165,491.82|| |
|5/22/2017||Per Olof Loof||CEO||Sell||133,334||$13.13||$1,750,675.42|| |
|5/16/2017||Claudio Lollini||VP||Sell||9,500||$14.20||$134,900.00|| |
|5/15/2017||Charles C Meeks Jr||Insider||Sell||115,000||$14.33||$1,647,950.00|| |
|5/15/2017||William M Lowe Jr||CFO||Sell||68,422||$14.36||$982,539.92|| |
|2/27/2017||Ronald James Assaf||SVP||Sell||9,000||$10.92||$98,280.00|| |
|2/27/2017||Susan Berish Barkal||VP||Sell||4,000||$11.03||$44,120.00|| |
|2/1/2016||William M Lowe Jr||CFO||Buy||10,000||$1.51||$15,100.00|| |
|8/24/2015||Joseph Vincent Borruso||Director||Buy||5,000||$1.63||$8,150.00|| |
|7/31/2015||Susan Berish Barkal||VP||Buy||1,000||$2.35||$2,350.00|| |
|7/31/2015||Wilfried Backes||Director||Buy||10,000||$2.33||$23,300.00|| |
|6/8/2015||Joseph Vincent Borruso||Director||Buy||1,000||$3.13||$3,130.00|| |
|2/2/2015||Joseph Vincent Borruso||Director||Buy||1,000||$3.78||$3,780.00|| |
|6/7/2013||Joseph Vincent Borruso||Director||Buy||1,000||$4.39||$4,390.00|| |
|5/24/2013||Robert G Paul||Director||Buy||7,500||$4.45||$33,375.00|| |
|11/29/2012||Wilfried Backes||Director||Buy||5,000||$4.18||$20,900.00|| |
|11/12/2012||Joseph Vincent Borruso||Director||Buy||1,000||$4.40||$4,400.00|| |
Headline Trends for Kemet Corporation (NYSE:KEM)
Latest Headlines for Kemet Corporation (NYSE:KEM)
Kemet Corporation (KEM) Chart for Saturday, October, 21, 2017