About Kemet Corporation
KEMET Corporation (KEMET) is a manufacturer of passive electronic components. The Company operates in two segments: Solid Capacitors, and Film and Electrolytic. The Solid Capacitors segment primarily produces tantalum, aluminum, polymer and ceramic capacitors. Solid Capacitors also produces tantalum powder used in the production of tantalum capacitors. The Film and Electrolytic Business Group produces film, paper and wet aluminum electrolytic capacitors. It also designs and produces EMI Filters. The Company's product offerings include surface mount, which are attached directly to the circuit board; leaded capacitors, which are attached to the circuit board using lead wires, and chassis-mount and other pin-through-hole board-mount capacitors, which utilize attachment methods, such as screw terminal and snap-in. The Company sells its products to a range of original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and electronics manufacturing services (EMS) providers.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Diversified Electronics
- Sub-Industry: Electronic Manufacturing Services
- Exchange: NYSE
- Symbol: KEM
- CUSIP: 48836020
- Previous Close: $11.00
- 50 Day Moving Average: $7.42
- 200 Day Moving Average: $5.07
- 52-Week Range: $1.71 - $11.83
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 25.58
- P/E Growth: 2.17
- Market Cap: $510.85M
- Outstanding Shares: 46,441,000
- Beta: 3.29
- Net Margins: -2.70%
- Return on Equity: 15.21%
- Return on Assets: 2.10%
Companies Related to Kemet Corporation:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 4.27%
- Current Ratio: 3.17%
- Quick Ratio: 1.77%
What is Kemet Corporation's stock symbol?
Kemet Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "KEM."
Where is Kemet Corporation's stock going? Where will Kemet Corporation's stock price be in 2017?
1 brokerages have issued twelve-month target prices for Kemet Corporation's shares. Their forecasts range from $10.00 to $13.50. On average, they anticipate Kemet Corporation's stock price to reach $11.75 in the next year.
When will Kemet Corporation announce their earnings?
Kemet Corporation is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Monday, May, 1st 2017.
What are analysts saying about Kemet Corporation stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Kemet Corporation stock:
- Stifel Nicolaus analysts commented, "As we contemplated potentially favorable terms of Kemet's acquisition of NEC Tokin, following indications earlier this month that it hoped to close the deal by the June quarter under a different structure than originally designed, we didn't come close to calculating a transaction as favorable as the one announced this morning. Indeed, under terms of the agreement with NEC Corp., Kemet is buying the passive-component portion of NEC Tokin for $197mn, but nearly all of that price is coming out of Tokin through a sale of a division. The net of this is that Kemet will add ~$26mn in EBITDA from Tokin (on a trailing basis) and decrease its net debt from $281mn to $207mn (or even lower if you exclude $86mn in accruals for legal liabilities). In addition, Kemet believes it can take an additional $20mn in costs out of Tokin in the next two years. Thus we see earnings and EBITDA increasing significantly in FY18 and FY19, potentially to $1 in adjusted earnings. So how to value the stock now? To be sure, there are still risks associated with further restructuring in Japan. Still, the company is in a much stronger position today than it has been in years, with a broader product offering and a more solid balance sheet. We move our PT to $10, which is roughly 12x estimated pro forma FY18 EPS of $0.80, and is in line it peers in the passive-component space." (2/24/2017)
According to Zacks Investment Research, "KEMET Corporation and its subsidiaries is the world's largest manufacturer of solid tantalum capacitors and and one of the world's largest manufacturer of multilayer ceramic capacitors. According to industry sources, tantalum and ceramic capacitors are the two fastest growing sectors of the United States capacitor industry. Capacitors are electronic components that store, filter and regulate electrical energy and current flow and are one of the essential passive components used on circuit boards. " (1/4/2017)
Who owns Kemet Corporation stock?
Kemet Corporation's stock is owned by a variety of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include Royce & Associates LP (8.01%), Rama S Marda (7.26%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (5.24%), Renaissance Technologies LLC (3.65%), Two Sigma Investments LP (1.35%) and Oxford Asset Management (0.35%). Company insiders that own Kemet Corporation stock include Joseph Vincent Borruso, Susan Berish Barkal, Wilfried Backes and William M Lowe Jr.
Who sold Kemet Corporation stock? Who is selling Kemet Corporation stock?
Kemet Corporation's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including State Street Corp.
Who bought Kemet Corporation stock? Who is buying Kemet Corporation stock?
Kemet Corporation's stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Renaissance Technologies LLC, Two Sigma Investments LP, Dimensional Fund Advisors LP, Oxford Asset Management, Royce & Associates LP, Russell Investments Group Ltd., Bogle Investment Management L P DE and Dynamic Technology Lab Private Ltd. Company insiders that have bought Kemet Corporation stock in the last two years include Joseph Vincent Borruso, Susan Berish Barkal, Wilfried Backes and William M Lowe Jr.
How do I buy Kemet Corporation stock?
Shares of Kemet Corporation can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Kemet Corporation stock cost?
One share of Kemet Corporation stock can currently be purchased for approximately $11.00.