ArcelorMittal S.A. (ArcelorMittal) is a holding company. The Company, together with its subsidiaries, owns and operates steel manufacturing and mining facilities in Europe, North and South America, Asia and Africa. ArcelorMittal operates through five segments, which include NAFTA; Europe; Brazil; Africa and Commonwealth of Independent States (ACIS), and Mining. The NAFTA segment produces flat, long and tubular products. The Brazil segment includes the flat operations of Brazil, and the long and tubular operations of Brazil and neighboring countries. The Europe segment is the flat steel producer in Europe. The ACIS segment produces a combination of flat, long products and tubular products. The Mining segment comprises all mines owned by ArcelorMittal in the Americas, Asia, Europe and Africa. It produces a range of finished and semi-finished steel products (semis).
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Basic Materials
- Industry: Steel
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NYSE:MT
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.arcelormittal.com
- Market Cap: $27.41074 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 1,020,000,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $26.50
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $24.31
- 52 Week Range: $16.65 - $28.11
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 8.47
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 8.77
- P/E Growth: 0.79
- Annual Revenue: $61.98 billion
- Price / Sales: 0.44
- Book Value: $33.36 per share
- Price / Book: 0.80
- EBIDTA: $7.47 billion
- Net Margins: 5.50%
- Return on Equity: 10.52%
- Return on Assets: 4.58%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.28%
- Current Ratio: 1.23%
- Quick Ratio: 0.42%
- Average Volume: 5.97 million shs.
- Beta: 2.1
- Short Ratio: 1.43
Frequently Asked Questions for ArcelorMittal (NYSE:MT)
What is ArcelorMittal's stock symbol?
ArcelorMittal trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "MT."
When did ArcelorMittal's stock split? How did ArcelorMittal's stock split work?
ArcelorMittal's stock reverse split on the morning of Monday, May 22nd 2017. The 1-3 reverse split was announced on Thursday, May 11th 2017. The number of shares owned by shareholders was adjusted after the closing bell on Friday, May 19th 2017. An investor that had 100 shares of ArcelorMittal stock prior to the reverse split would have 33 shares after the split.
How were ArcelorMittal's earnings last quarter?
ArcelorMittal (NYSE:MT) issued its earnings results on Thursday, July, 27th. The company reported $1.33 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating analysts' consensus estimates of $0.78 by $0.55. The company had revenue of $17.24 billion for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $16.88 billion. ArcelorMittal had a net margin of 5.50% and a return on equity of 10.52%. The firm's revenue was up 17.0% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the previous year, the business earned $0.38 EPS. View ArcelorMittal's Earnings History.
When will ArcelorMittal make its next earnings announcement?
Where is ArcelorMittal's stock going? Where will ArcelorMittal's stock price be in 2017?
13 analysts have issued 1-year price targets for ArcelorMittal's shares. Their predictions range from $23.10 to $45.00. On average, they anticipate ArcelorMittal's stock price to reach $31.90 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for ArcelorMittal.
What are analysts saying about ArcelorMittal stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about ArcelorMittal stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "ArcelorMittal saw higher profits in second-quarter 2017. Earnings for the quarter topped the Zacks Consensus Estimate. Revenues rose by double digits on higher metals pricing, and surpassed expectations. The company raised its steel demand outlook for 2017. ArcelorMittal outperformed the industry it belongs to over the past one year. ArcelorMittal should gain from its efforts to reduce debt, expand capacity and improve efficiency. It is also making a significant progress in reducing costs and expanding its advanced high strength steel product line under the Action 2020 program. The proposed acquisition of Ilva represents another attractive growth opportunity for the company. However, ArcelorMittal continues to contend with challenging steel market conditions in Europe. Demand for steel remains weak in Europe and Brazil. Moreover, cheap steel exports from China is still causing a problem." (8/7/2017)
- 2. Cowen and Company analysts commented, "We are upgrading shares of MT to Outperform, from Market Perform, as we think shares are undervalued due to the efficiency and cost cutting initiatives, leverage to rising global metal prices, and attractive relative valuation. We are raising our price target to $11, from $10." (3/23/2017)
- 3. Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "This week, we hosted a roadshow with MT Head of Finance Genuino Christino and Head of IR Daniel Fairclough to discuss the firm's outlook following solid Q4 results. Steel industry conditions are improving, driven by Chinese supply reform, rising trade protection and growing Western demand. But, MT's confidence stems from effective self-help measures, driving strong earnings and FCF momentum and improving the co's long-term prospects. Reiterate Buy." (2/10/2017)
Who are some of ArcelorMittal's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to ArcelorMittal include POSCO (PKX), Nucor Corporation (NUE), Steel Dynamics (STLD), Gerdau S.A. (GGB), National Steel Company (SID), United States Steel Corporation (X), Cliffs Natural Resources (CLF), Commercial Metals Company (CMC), Carpenter Technology Corporation (CRS), Grupo Simec SAB de CV (SIM), Mechel PAO (MTL), Gibraltar Industries (ROCK), SunCoke Energy Partners, L.P. (SXCP), SunCoke Energy (SXC), Dynamic Materials Corp. (BOOM), Olympic Steel (ZEUS), L.B. Foster Company (FSTR) and Northwest Pipe Company (NWPX).
Who are ArcelorMittal's key executives?
ArcelorMittal's management team includes the folowing people:
- Lakshmi Narayan Mittal, Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer, Member of the Executive Board
- Aditya Mittal, Group Chief Financial Officer, Member of the Executive Board, Chief Executive Officer ArcelorMittal Europe
- Henri Blaffart, Executive Vice President, Member of the Executive Board, Group Head of Human Resources and Corporate Services
- Brian Aranha, Executive Vice President, Member of the Executive Board, Head of Strategy, CTO, R&D, CCM, and Global Automotive
- Jefferson de Paula, Executive Vice President, Member of the Executive Board, Chief Executive Officer ArcelorMittal South America Long
- Robrecht Himpe, Executive Vice President, Member of the Executive Board, President and CEO AM/NS Calvert, CEO ArcelorMittal North America
- Kleber Silva, Executive Vice President, Member of Management Committee, Head of Iron Ore, ArcelorMittal Mining
- Geert Maurice Van Poelvoorde, Executive Vice President, Member of the Executive Board, Chief Executive Officer ArcelorMittal Europe Flat
- Simon C. Wandke, Executive Vice President, Member of the Executive Board, Chief Executive Officer of ArcelorMittal Mining
- David Clarke, Vice President, Member of the Management Committee, Head of Strategy and Chief Technology Officer
Who owns ArcelorMittal stock?
ArcelorMittal's stock is owned by a variety of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include Cambiar Investors LLC (0.49%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (0.17%), Northern Trust Corp (0.13%), Parametric Portfolio Associates LLC (0.08%), TIAA CREF Investment Management LLC (0.06%) and UBS Oconnor LLC (0.05%). View Institutional Ownership Trends for ArcelorMittal.
Who sold ArcelorMittal stock? Who is selling ArcelorMittal stock?
ArcelorMittal's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Arrowstreet Capital Limited Partnership, FMR LLC, Dimensional Fund Advisors LP, Parametric Portfolio Associates LLC, JPMorgan Chase & Co., Northern Trust Corp, TD Asset Management Inc. and Alpine Woods Capital Investors LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for ArcelorMittal.
Who bought ArcelorMittal stock? Who is buying ArcelorMittal stock?
ArcelorMittal's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Cambiar Investors LLC, TIAA CREF Investment Management LLC, State Street Corp, Quantitative Investment Management LLC, Cetera Investment Advisers, Exane Derivatives, M&T Bank Corp and People s United Financial Inc.. View Insider Buying and Selling for ArcelorMittal.
How do I buy ArcelorMittal stock?
Shares of ArcelorMittal can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is ArcelorMittal's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for ArcelorMittal (NYSE MT)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about ArcelorMittal and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of ArcelorMittal stock can currently be purchased for approximately $26.85.
Consensus Ratings for ArcelorMittal (NYSE:MT) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||1 Sell Rating, 1 Hold Rating, 11 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.77)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$31.90 (18.82% upside)|
Analysts' Ratings History for ArcelorMittal (NYSE:MT)
(Data available from 9/21/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|9/18/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Reiterated Rating||Buy||Low|
|8/23/2017||Cowen and Company||Set Price Target||Buy||$32.00||Medium|
|8/17/2017||Deutsche Bank AG||Reiterated Rating||Buy||Medium|
|7/30/2017||SBG Securities||Downgrade||Buy -> Hold||Medium|
|7/14/2017||ING Group||Upgrade||Hold -> Buy||Low|
|6/6/2017||Bank of America Corporation||Downgrade||Buy -> Underperform||Medium|
|5/25/2017||Macquarie||Upgrade||Neutral -> Outperform||Low|
|3/31/2017||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Upgrade||Neutral -> Overweight||$25.20 -> $25.32||Low|
|3/25/2017||Credit Suisse Group||Set Price Target||Buy||$45.00||Medium|
|2/17/2017||Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The)||Reiterated Rating||Buy||N/A|
|1/18/2017||Commerzbank Ag||Upgrade||Hold -> Buy||N/A|
|11/25/2016||Royal Bank Of Canada||Upgrade||Sector Perform -> Outperform||N/A|
|11/15/2016||Citigroup Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Buy||N/A|
|8/9/2016||Clarkson Capital||Upgrade||Neutral -> Buy||N/A|
|5/29/2016||Berenberg Bank||Reiterated Rating||Buy||N/A|
|5/19/2016||Nord/LB||Set Price Target||Neutral||€12.00||N/A|
|5/11/2016||Independent Research GmbH||Set Price Target||Neutral||€13.50||N/A|
|5/10/2016||Barclays PLC||Set Price Target||Neutral||€13.50||N/A|
|3/29/2016||Morgan Stanley||Set Price Target||Buy||€13.20||N/A|
|2/8/2016||BNP Paribas||Set Price Target||Neutral||€10.50||N/A|
|2/5/2016||S&P Equity Research||Set Price Target||Sell||€9.60||N/A|
|2/5/2016||Societe Generale||Set Price Target||Buy||€27.00||N/A|
|1/28/2016||HSBC Holdings plc||Set Price Target||Neutral||€11.10||N/A|
Earnings History for ArcelorMittal (NYSE:MT)Earnings History by Quarter for ArcelorMittal (NYSE MT)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|11/14/2017|| || || || || || || || |
|7/27/2017||6/30/2017||$0.78||$1.33||$16.88 billion||$17.24 billion||View||N/A|
|5/12/2017||3/31/2017||$0.81||$0.99||$16.81 billion||$16.09 billion||View||N/A|
|2/10/2017||Q416||$0.39||$0.48||$14.03 million||$14.13 billion||View||N/A|
|11/8/2016||Q316||$0.54||$0.66||$15.59 million||$14.52 billion||View||N/A|
|7/29/2016||Q2||$0.24||$1.14||$15.23 billion||$14.74 billion||View||N/A|
|5/6/2016||Q1 2016||($0.60)||($0.30)||$14.25 billion||$13.40 billion||View||N/A|
|11/6/2015||Q315||($0.06)||($0.63)||$15.71 billion||$15.60 billion||View||N/A|
|7/31/2015||Q215||($0.75)||$0.30||$17.39 billion||$16.90 billion||View||N/A|
|5/7/2015||Q1 15||($0.21)||($1.23)||$16.95 billion||$17.12 billion||View||N/A|
|11/7/2014||Q114||$0.33||$0.03||$20.37 billion||$20.07 billion||View||N/A|
|8/1/2014||Q2 2014||$0.60||$0.09||$20.42 billion||$10.70 billion||View||N/A|
|2/7/2014||Q413||$1.17||($2.07)||$19.31 billion||$19.85 billion||View||N/A|
|11/7/2013||Q313||($0.03)||($0.36)||$19.84 billion||$19.64 billion||View||N/A|
|8/1/2013||Q213||$0.27||($1.32)||$20.70 million||$20.20 billion||View||N/A|
|5/10/2013||Q113||($0.15)||($0.63)||$20.86 billion||$19.75 billion||View||N/A|
|2/6/2013||Q412||($8.34)||($1.74)||$19.74 billion||$19.31 billion||View||N/A|
|10/31/2012||Q312||$0.45||($1.38)||$21.19 billion||$19.72 billion||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for ArcelorMittal (NYSE:MT)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $3.29 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $3.06 EPS
Current Dividend Information for ArcelorMittal (NYSE:MT)
|Most Recent Dividend:||3/15/2016|
|Dividend Growth:||0.00% (3 Year Average)|
|Payout Ratio:||0.00% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
0.00% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
0.00% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Dividend History by Quarter for ArcelorMittal (NYSE MT)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading History for ArcelorMittal (NYSE:MT)
No insider trades for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Headline Trends for ArcelorMittal (NYSE:MT)
Latest Headlines for ArcelorMittal (NYSE:MT)
ArcelorMittal (MT) Chart for Thursday, September, 21, 2017