About Ingevity (NYSE:NGVT)
Ingevity Corporation is a manufacturer of specialty chemicals and high performance carbon materials. The Company is also a manufacturer of activated carbon used in gasoline vapor emission control systems in cars, trucks, motorcycles and boats. The Company operates through two segments: Performance Materials and Performance Chemicals. The Performance Materials segment primarily produces automotive carbon products used in gasoline vapor emission control systems in cars, trucks, motorcycles and boats. The Performance Chemicals segment develops, manufactures and sells a range of specialty chemicals primarily derived from co-products of the Kraft pulping process. Its products are used in a range of applications, including asphalt paving, oil exploration and production, agrochemicals, adhesives, lubricants, publication inks and automotive components that reduce gasoline vapor emissions.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Commodity Chemicals
Trailing P/E Ratio26.0505050505051
Forward P/E Ratio26.68
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$972.40 million
Price / Sales3.35
Cash Flow$3.22 per share
Price / Cash24.00
Book Value$3.20 per share
Price / Book24.18
Net Income$35.20 million
Return on Equity56.02%
Return on Assets12.46%
Ingevity (NYSE:NGVT) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Ingevity's stock symbol?
Ingevity trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "NGVT."
How were Ingevity's earnings last quarter?
Ingevity Corp (NYSE:NGVT) announced its earnings results on Tuesday, February, 20th. The company reported $0.45 EPS for the quarter, beating the Zacks' consensus estimate of $0.36 by $0.09. The firm had revenue of $229.50 million for the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $214.94 million. Ingevity had a net margin of 12.99% and a return on equity of 56.02%. The company's quarterly revenue was up 8.8% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the previous year, the business posted $0.34 EPS. View Ingevity's Earnings History.
When will Ingevity make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Ingevity's stock going? Where will Ingevity's stock price be in 2018?
5 brokerages have issued 12-month price objectives for Ingevity's stock. Their forecasts range from $67.00 to $90.00. On average, they anticipate Ingevity's share price to reach $79.20 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Ingevity.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Ingevity stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Ingevity stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Ingevity Corporation provides specialty chemicals, carbon materials and technologies. The Company's operating segments consists of Performance Materials and Performance Chemicals. Performance Chemicals segment products consists of asphalt paving, adhesives, agrochemical dispersants, printing inks, lubricants, petroleum and other diverse industries. Performance Materials segment engineers, manufactures and sells wood-based chemically activated carbon products. Ingevity Corporation is based in North Charleston, SC. " (1/3/2018)
- 2. Jefferies Group LLC analysts commented, "The introduction of a tighter fuel vapor emission standard by the European Union, and the likely tightening of standards in China, should accelerate activated carbon in 2019-2020. Near-term, the US shift to a near-zero standard will support Performance Materials revenue. Industrial specialties pricing remains weak, but a rebound in energy sales and strength in pavement technologies should support Performance Chemicals sales. Q4 results: Q4 EPS of $0.34 was $0.04 above consensus but $0.02 below our projections." (2/25/2017)
Who are some of Ingevity's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Ingevity include Olin (OLN), NewMarket (NEU), Methanex (MEOH), Quaker Chemical (KWR), PQ Group (PQG), Taminco (TAM), A Schulman (SHLM), Calgon Carbon (CCC), Koppers (KOP), Innophos (IPHS), CSW Industrials (CSWI), Westlake Chemical Partners (WLKP), Trecora Resources (TREC), Enzymotec (ENZY), UFP Technologies (UFPT), Verenium (VRNM), Axiall (AXLL) and PetroLogistics (PDH).
Who are Ingevity's key executives?
Ingevity's management team includes the folowing people:
- Richard B. Kelson, Independent Chairman of the Board (Age 70)
- D. Michael Wilson, President, Chief Executive Officer, Director (Age 54)
- John C. Fortson, Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice President, Treasurer (Age 49)
- Katherine Pryor Burgeson J.D., Executive Vice President, General Counsel, Secretary (Age 59)
- Michael P, Smith, Executive Vice President and President, Performance Chemicals, Strategy and Business Development (Age 56)
- S. Edward Woodcock Jr., Senior Vice President and President of Performance Materials (Age 51)
- Dan Gallagher, Vice President, Financial Planning & Analysis and Investor Relations
- Jean S. Blackwell, Independent Director (Age 62)
- Luis Fernandez-Moreno, Independent Director (Age 54)
- J. Michael Fitzpatrick, Independent Director (Age 70)
Who owns Ingevity stock?
Ingevity's stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include BlackRock Inc. (12.86%), Franklin Resources Inc. (4.73%), Channing Capital Management LLC (2.47%), Chilton Investment Co. LLC (2.45%), London Co. of Virginia (1.64%) and Bank of New York Mellon Corp (1.63%). View Institutional Ownership Trends for Ingevity.
Who sold Ingevity stock? Who is selling Ingevity stock?
Ingevity's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Franklin Resources Inc., American Century Companies Inc., Wells Fargo & Company MN, London Co. of Virginia, Millennium Management LLC, Bank of Montreal Can, Kennedy Capital Management Inc. and Cortina Asset Management LLC. View Insider Buying and Selling for Ingevity.
Who bought Ingevity stock? Who is buying Ingevity stock?
Ingevity's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including BlackRock Inc., Goldman Sachs Group Inc., Two Sigma Investments LP, WINTON GROUP Ltd, Renaissance Technologies LLC, Channing Capital Management LLC, Copper Rock Capital Partners LLC and Arrowstreet Capital Limited Partnership. View Insider Buying and Selling for Ingevity.
How do I buy Ingevity stock?
Shares of Ingevity can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Ingevity's stock price today?
One share of Ingevity stock can currently be purchased for approximately $77.37.
How big of a company is Ingevity?
Ingevity has a market capitalization of $3.04 billion and generates $972.40 million in revenue each year. The company earns $35.20 million in net income (profit) each year or $2.97 on an earnings per share basis. Ingevity employs 1,500 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Ingevity?
Ingevity's mailing address is 5255 VIRGINIA AVENUE, NORTH CHARLESTON SC, 29406. The company can be reached via phone at 843-740-2300 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Ingevity (NGVT)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Ingevity and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
Ingevity (NYSE:NGVT) Earnings History and Estimates Chart
Ingevity (NYSE NGVT) Earnings History by Quarter
(Earnings results data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|2/20/2018||Q4 2017||$0.36||$0.45||$214.94 million||$229.50 million||View||Listen|
|11/1/2017||Q3 2017||$0.75||$0.86||$260.88 million||$264.10 million||View||N/A|
|8/2/2017||Q2 2017||$0.70||$0.78||$259.56 million||$260.30 million||View||N/A|
|5/3/2017||Q1 2017||$0.47||$0.49||$206.90 million||$218.50 million||View||Listen|
|2/22/2017||Q416||$0.30||$0.34||$201.96 million||$210.90 million||View||N/A|
|11/2/2016||Q316||$0.61||$0.64||$247.60 million||$252.00 million||View||N/A|
|8/3/2016||Q216||$0.49||$0.66||$246.70 million||$248.70 million||View||N/A|
|5/31/2016||Q1 2016||$0.19||$203.90 million||View||N/A|
Ingevity (NYSE:NGVT) Earnings Estimates
(Earnings estimates data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Ingevity (NYSE:NGVT)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Ingevity (NYSE NGVT) Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History
Insider Ownership Percentage: 0.06%
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 91.55%
Ingevity (NYSE NGVT) Insider Trades by Quarter
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Shares Held After Transaction||Details|
|5/15/2017||Jean S Blackwell||Director||Buy||1,500||$58.38||$87,570.00||4,711|| |
Ingevity (NYSE NGVT) News Headlines
Ingevity (NYSE:NGVT) SEC Filings
This page is loading this company's SEC Filings. Please wait...
Ingevity (NYSE:NGVT) Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement
Ingevity (NYSE NGVT) Stock Chart for Friday, February, 23, 2018