About Paycom Software (NYSE:PAYC)
Paycom Software, Inc. provides cloud-based human capital management (HCM) software service for small to mid-sized companies in the United States. It provides functionality and data analytics that businesses need to manage the employment life cycle from recruitment to retirement. The company's HCM solution offers a suite of applications in the areas of talent acquisition, including applicant tracking, candidate tracker, background checks, on-boarding, e-verify, and tax credit services; and time and labor management, such as time and attendance, scheduling/schedule exchange, time-off requests, labor allocation, labor management reports/push reporting, and geofencing/geotracking. Its HCM solution also provides payroll applications comprising payroll and tax management, Paycom pay, expense management, garnishment management, and GL Concierge applications; and talent management applications that include employee self-service, compensation budgeting, performance management, executive dashboard, and Paycom learning and course content. In addition, the company's HCM solution offers HR management applications, which comprise document and task management, government and compliance, benefits administration/benefits to carrier, COBRA administration, personnel action forms, surveys, and affordable care act applications. Paycom Software, Inc. was founded in 1998 and is headquartered in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Prepackaged software
SectorComputer and Technology
Trailing P/E Ratio129.60
Forward P/E Ratio62.32
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$433.05 million
Price / Sales15.55
Cash Flow$1.2364 per share
Price / Cash92.24
Book Value$2.32 per share
Price / Book49.16
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)$0.88
Net Income$66.80 million
Return on Equity42.85%
Return on Assets6.50%
Paycom Software (NYSE:PAYC) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Paycom Software's stock symbol?
Paycom Software trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "PAYC."
How will Paycom Software's stock buyback program work?
Paycom Software declared that its board has authorized a stock repurchase program on Thursday, February 15th 2018, which permits the company to buyback $100,000,000.00 in outstanding shares, according to EventVestor. This buyback authorization permits the company to purchase shares of its stock through open market purchases. Stock buyback programs are often a sign that the company's board of directors believes its shares are undervalued.
How were Paycom Software's earnings last quarter?
Paycom Software Inc (NYSE:PAYC) announced its quarterly earnings data on Tuesday, May, 1st. The software maker reported $0.95 EPS for the quarter, beating the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of $0.90 by $0.05. The software maker earned $153.92 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $151.42 million. Paycom Software had a net margin of 17.62% and a return on equity of 42.85%. The business's revenue for the quarter was up 28.8% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the prior year, the company posted $0.47 EPS. View Paycom Software's Earnings History.
When is Paycom Software's next earnings date?
What price target have analysts set for PAYC?
16 equities research analysts have issued 12 month price targets for Paycom Software's stock. Their forecasts range from $74.00 to $127.00. On average, they expect Paycom Software's stock price to reach $102.6250 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Paycom Software.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Paycom Software stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Paycom Software stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Provider of cloud-based HCM software as a service solution, Paycom has outperformed the broader market over the last one year. The company reported strong first-quarter 2018 results and raised full year revenue guidance. Revenue growth seems to be steady and was positively impacted by higher recurring revenues and higher traction in cloud-based offerings. Better-than-expected demand for advanced human capital management and payroll software solutions during the reported quarter were the other positives. Going ahead, Paycom might witness long-term growth by successfully cross-selling newer products to the existing client base, which will boost revenues. Nevertheless, competition from companies likes Paylocity Holding Corporation, Intuit Inc. and Paychex, Inc. remains a headwind." (5/4/2018)
- 2. KeyCorp analysts commented, "We view Paycom as a high-quality SaaS name and upgrade our rating to Overweight based on (1) a proven direct sales strategy that could sustain 20% + revenue growth via share gains irrespective of economic cycles, (2) a best- in-class efficiency model with >40% EBITDA margins, (3) low penetration of a large $26B+ TAM, (4) little to no ACA risk that has been tabled through 2019, and (5) a favorable risk/reward at 18x EV/EBITDA on 2019. We are establishing a PT of $105 and raising estimates on lower taxes and our new ASC 606 model. Key Investment Points The organic driven growth model is proven, consistent, and resilient. We have been impressed by Paycom’s ability to deliver steady and consistent organic growth leveraging a proven, direct sales strategy into 45 office locations at the end of last year. Revenue growth per location has consistently grown 20% in each of the last four years. An acceleration in new office locations this year (modeling 5 vs. 3 last year) gives us." (2/12/2018)
- 3. Bank of America Corp analysts commented, "CSLT continues to face churn headwinds from legacy transparency customers. Management readily admits the market for standalone transparency solutions has eroded. Transparency-only customers now account for 23% of annualized recurring revenue (ARR). Management’s goal is to reduce that to less than 15% of total ARR by 4Q18. ARR stands at $157 million as of the end of 3Q17 and probably needs to reach about $165 million by the end of 4Q17 in order for the company to achieve our revised 2018 revenue estimate. In 3Q17, CSLT added 26 new customer logos, but lost 11 customers. More than half of new logos came from the Anthem Engage partnership. The company now has over 255 customers, including 80 Fortune 500 customers. Also, Engage is to become available next year to Anthem’s full-risk customers in California and Colorado, as well as to its national accounts business segment." (11/6/2017)
Who are some of Paycom Software's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Paycom Software include Square (SQ), Shopify (SHOP), Splunk (SPLK), Check Point Software Technologies (CHKP), CA Technologies (CA), Dropbox (DBX), ANSYS (ANSS), Citrix Systems (CTXS), Mobileye (MBBYF), TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE SOFTWARE, INC Common Stock (TTWO), Synopsys (SNPS), Symantec (SYMC), UBISOFT Entmt S/ADR (UBSFY), SS&C Technologies (SSNC) and Cadence Design Systems (CDNS).
Who are Paycom Software's key executives?
Paycom Software's management team includes the folowing people:
- Mr. Chad Richison, Founder, Chairman, Pres & CEO (Age 48)
- Mr. Craig E. Boelte, CFO, Treasurer & Corp. Sec. (Age 55)
- Mr. Jeffrey D. York, Chief Sales Officer (Age 51)
- Ms. Stacey M. Pezold, Chief Learning Officer (Age 38)
- Ms. Kathy Oden-Hall, Chief Marketing Officer
Has Paycom Software been receiving favorable news coverage?
News articles about PAYC stock have trended somewhat positive on Monday, according to Accern. Accern identifies positive and negative press coverage by analyzing more than twenty million news and blog sources in real-time. Accern ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. Paycom Software earned a media sentiment score of 0.13 on Accern's scale. They also gave news articles about the software maker an impact score of 41.45 out of 100, indicating that recent press coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an impact on the stock's share price in the near future.
Who are Paycom Software's major shareholders?
Paycom Software's stock is owned by a number of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional shareholders include BlackRock Inc. (5.29%), JPMorgan Chase & Co. (1.90%), Allianz Asset Management GmbH (1.76%), Allianz Asset Management GmbH (1.76%), Kayne Anderson Rudnick Investment Management LLC (1.38%) and Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (1.25%). Company insiders that own Paycom Software stock include Chad R Richison, Craig E Boelte, Frederick C Peters II, Jason D Clark, Jeffrey D York, Larry V Parman, Robert J Levenson, Stacey M Pezold and William X Kerber III. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Paycom Software.
Which major investors are selling Paycom Software stock?
PAYC stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Wells Fargo & Company MN, JPMorgan Chase & Co., New York State Common Retirement Fund, Victory Capital Management Inc., Eagle Asset Management Inc., Allianz Asset Management GmbH, Allianz Asset Management GmbH and Lord Abbett & CO. LLC. Company insiders that have sold Paycom Software company stock in the last year include Craig E Boelte, Jason D Clark, Jeffrey D York, Robert J Levenson and Stacey M Pezold. View Insider Buying and Selling for Paycom Software.
Which major investors are buying Paycom Software stock?
PAYC stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Kayne Anderson Rudnick Investment Management LLC, Eventide Asset Management LLC, Prudential Financial Inc., Echo Street Capital Management LLC, Federated Investors Inc. PA, DE Burlo Group Inc., Seven Eight Capital LP and Penserra Capital Management LLC. Company insiders that have bought Paycom Software stock in the last two years include Chad R Richison, Frederick C Peters II and Larry V Parman. View Insider Buying and Selling for Paycom Software.
How do I buy shares of Paycom Software?
Shares of PAYC can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Paycom Software's stock price today?
One share of PAYC stock can currently be purchased for approximately $113.79.
How big of a company is Paycom Software?
Paycom Software has a market capitalization of $6.65 billion and generates $433.05 million in revenue each year. The software maker earns $66.80 million in net income (profit) each year or $0.88 on an earnings per share basis. Paycom Software employs 2,548 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Paycom Software?
Paycom Software's mailing address is 7501 W. MEMORIAL ROAD, OKLAHOMA CITY OK, 73142. The software maker can be reached via phone at 405-722-6900 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Paycom Software (PAYC)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Paycom Software and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe PAYC will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe PAYC will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.