Sunoco LP is engaged in the retail sale of motor fuels and merchandise through its Company-operated convenience stores and retail fuel sites, as well as the wholesale distribution of motor fuels to convenience stores, independent dealers, commercial customers and distributors. The Company operates through two segments: wholesale and retail. The Wholesale segment sells motor fuel to its retail segment and external customers. The Retail segment operates convenience stores selling a range of merchandise, food items, services and motor fuel. As of December 31, 2016, the Company operated approximately 1,345 convenience stores and fuel outlets in over 20 states, offering merchandise, food service, motor fuel and other services.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Oils/Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas Refining & Marketing
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Symbol: NYSE:SUN
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.sunocolp.com
- Market Cap: $3.52 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 115,879,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $30.20
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $26.83
- 52 Week Range: $21.01 - $34.28
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 13.86
- P/E Growth: -454.93
- Annual Revenue: $16.88 billion
- Price / Sales: 0.21
- Book Value: $18.38 per share
- Price / Book: 1.65
- Annual Dividend: $3.30
- Dividend Yield: 10.8%
- EBIDTA: $722 million
- Net Margins: 1.24%
- Return on Equity: 6.30%
- Return on Assets: 2.27%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 1.59%
- Current Ratio: 1.23%
- Quick Ratio: 0.67%
- Average Volume: 938,414 shs.
- Beta: 0.61
- Short Ratio: 4.55
Frequently Asked Questions for Sunoco LP (NYSE:SUN)
What is Sunoco LP's stock symbol?
Sunoco LP trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "SUN."
How often does Sunoco LP pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Sunoco LP?
Sunoco LP declared a quarterly dividend on Thursday, April 27th. Shareholders of record on Tuesday, May 9th will be given a dividend of $0.8255 per share on Tuesday, May 16th. This represents a $3.30 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 10.88%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Friday, May 5th. View Sunoco LP's Dividend History.
How were Sunoco LP's earnings last quarter?
Sunoco LP (NYSE:SUN) announced its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, May, 5th. The company reported $0.47 EPS for the quarter, missing the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of $0.58 by $0.11. The company had revenue of $3.20 billion for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $3.83 billion. Sunoco LP had a net margin of 1.24% and a return on equity of 6.30%. View Sunoco LP's Earnings History.
When will Sunoco LP make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Sunoco LP's stock going? Where will Sunoco LP's stock price be in 2017?
14 brokers have issued 1 year price objectives for Sunoco LP's shares. Their forecasts range from $21.00 to $37.00. On average, they expect Sunoco LP's share price to reach $30.58 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Sunoco LP.
What are analysts saying about Sunoco LP stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Sunoco LP stock:
- 1. Citigroup Inc analysts commented, "art of the deal."Faisel referenced a deal Sunoco struck with the convenience store chain Seven-11 in which Sunoco agreed to sell 1,110 of its retail stores. In fact, the analyst believes that Sunoco's management is the "best deal team in the game."According to Faisel, Sunoco's management team has proven to be among the best in its space in terms of deal execution. Prior to the deal with Seven-11, Sunoco was not only "significantly" overlevered but unable to cover its distributions and "headed for capitulation."With this sale, that narrative appears to have changed dramatically," the analyst wrote.Why Just A Neutral Rating?The analyst reiterated that while the asset sale is a "game changing" move, it doesn't fully erase the case against owning the stock. Specifically, the company's management didn't provide answers to key questions around the deal, including the tax implications of the transaction and plans to address an apparent hole in coverage.Faisel also argued that similar "aggressive deal making" in the past is responsible for Sunoco's unit prices to tumble for a multi-year high of $37.25 to a low of $21.01 before the Seven-11 deal prompted a sharp rebound."As we ponder all the qualitative and quantitative analysis we have done to date on SUN, we have decided that the most practical advice we can give investors who choose to invest in SUN is to follow the smart money," the analyst concluded. "The smartest money here is inside money. If SUN's GP required a 10 percent yield on preferred securities, which are senior to SUN LP units. We would not recommend investors bid the LP units above a 10 percent yield." (4/25/2017)
- 2. FBR & Co analysts commented, "ASNA hosted an investor day on January 18, 2017, where management provided updated enterprise transformation initiatives, which include leveraging ASNA’s centers of excellence within brand services and corporate. ASNA gave details on its new $150M transformational cost savings goal, which it believes is achievable by FY19 and likely beatable. ASNA also gave an update on each brand’s strategy and reiterated guidance provided last week at ICR for EPS of ($0.11)–($0.08)/$0.37– $0.42 in F2Q17/FY17. We are lowering our F2Q17 EPS estimate to ($0.10) from ($0.03) and our FY17 EPS estimate to $0.40 from $0.56." (1/19/2017)
- 3. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Sunoco LP operates as a wholesale fuel distributor. It engages in distributing motor fuel to convenience stores, independent dealers, commercial customers and distributors. The Company also operates convenience stores and retail fuel sites. Sunoco LP, formerly known as Susser Petroleum Partners LP, is based in Houston, Texas. " (10/13/2016)
- 4. Robert W. Baird analysts commented, "This implies equity issuance or another solution – distribution cuts have been the weapon of choice for overlevered MLPs. In our view, copious leverage that dangles its toes over the covenant edge adds distribution risk and warrants a cautious approach," analyst Ethan Bellamy wrote in a note.Bellamy cut 2016 EBITDA and DCF/unit by 12 percent and 22 percent, respectively, on a 10 percent volume reduction somewhat offset by a 1 percent margin increase.Related Link: Sunoco's Newest Acquisition Could Be A Good Deal After All"We had previously defended SUN on the premise that margins would improve, which they did (+8 percent vs. estimates). But a 13 percent disconnect from our volume forecast ultimately drove a 23 percent miss vs. our DCF/unit, netting to uninspiring 0.95x coverage," (8/4/2016)
Who are some of Sunoco LP's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Sunoco LP include Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical (SHI), Phillips 66 Partners LP (PSXP), HollyFrontier Corp (HFC), Western Refining (WNR), World Fuel Services Corp (INT), PBF Energy (PBF), CVR Energy (CVI), NGL Energy Partners LP (NGL), Delek US Holdings (DK), CVR Refining LP (CVRR), Alon USA Energy (ALJ), Crossamerica Partners LP (CAPL), Par Pacific Holdings (PARR), Alon USA Partners LP (ALDW), Sprague Resources LP (SRLP), Ferrellgas Partners, L.P. (FGP), Renewable Energy Group (REGI) and Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P (CLMT).
Who are Sunoco LP's key executives?
Sunoco LP's management team includes the folowing people:
- Matthew S. Ramsey J.D.,, Chairman of the Board of the General Partner
- Thomas R. Miller, Chief Financial Officer of the General Partner
- Cynthia A. Archer, Executive Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer of the General Partner
- Christopher P. Curia, Executive Vice President - Human Resources, Director of the General Partner
- Blake Heinemann, Executive Vice President - Retail Operations East of the General Partner
- R. Bradley Williams, Executive Vice President - Operations West and Real Estate of the General Partner
- Robert W. Owens, President, Chief Executive Officer, Director of the General Partner
- Thomas E. Long, Director of the General Partner
- James W. Bryant, Independent Director of the General Partner
- W. Brett Smith, Independent Director of the General Partner
Who owns Sunoco LP stock?
Sunoco LP's stock is owned by a number of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include OppenheimerFunds Inc. (11.65%), Bank of America Corp DE (1.60%), Goldman Sachs Group Inc. (1.14%), Morgan Stanley (0.88%), Duff & Phelps Investment Management Co. (0.66%) and UBS Group AG (0.45%). View Institutional Ownership Trends for Sunoco LP.
Who sold Sunoco LP stock? Who is selling Sunoco LP stock?
Sunoco LP's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs Group Inc., BP Capital Fund Advisors LLC, UBS Group AG, Advisors Capital Management LLC, State of New Jersey Common Pension Fund D, Samson Capital Management LLC and Investment Centers of America Inc.. View Insider Buying and Selling for Sunoco LP.
Who bought Sunoco LP stock? Who is buying Sunoco LP stock?
Sunoco LP's stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Bank of America Corp DE, JPMorgan Chase & Co., OppenheimerFunds Inc., Van ECK Associates Corp, Wells Fargo & Company MN, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Public School Empls Retrmt SYS, Creative Planning and Clinton Group Inc.. View Insider Buying and Selling for Sunoco LP.
How do I buy Sunoco LP stock?
Shares of Sunoco LP can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Sunoco LP's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Sunoco LP (NYSE SUN)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Sunoco LP and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Sunoco LP stock can currently be purchased for approximately $30.35.
Earnings History for Sunoco LP (NYSE:SUN)Earnings History by Quarter for Sunoco LP (NYSE:SUN)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/1/2017|| || || || || || || || |
|5/5/2016||Q116||$0.58||$0.47||$3.83 billion||$3.20 billion||View||N/A|
|11/4/2015||Q315||$0.56||$0.30||$4.01 billion||$4.49 billion||View||N/A|
|8/5/2015||Q215||$0.55||$0.87||$1.40 billion||$4.20 billion||View||N/A|
|5/6/2015||Q115||$0.78||$0.44||$1.16 billion||$1.13 billion||View||N/A|
|2/18/2015||Q414||$0.61||$1.00||$1.23 billion||$1.34 billion||View||N/A|
|11/6/2014||$0.51||$0.27||$1.41 billion||$1.30 billion||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Sunoco LP (NYSE:SUN)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.48
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Current Dividend Information for Sunoco LP (NYSE:SUN)
|Most Recent Dividend:||5/16/2017|
|Dividend Growth:||0.00% (3 Year Average)|
|Payout Ratio:||297.30% (Trailing 12 Months of Earnings) |
-33,000.00% (Based on This Year's Estimates)
150.68% (Based on Next Year's Estimates)
Dividend History by Quarter for Sunoco LP (NYSE:SUN)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Announced||Period||Amount||Yield||Ex-Dividend Date||Record Date||Payable Date|
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Sunoco LP (NYSE:SUN)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 37.50%Insider Trades by Quarter for Sunoco LP (NYSE:SUN)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|8/18/2015||K Rick Turner||Director||Buy||3,000||$40.08||$120,240.00|| |
|8/17/2015||K Rick Turner||Director||Buy||800||$39.96||$31,968.00|| |
Headline Trends for Sunoco LP (NYSE:SUN)
Latest Headlines for Sunoco LP (NYSE:SUN)
|Wildflower Marijuana Gains Access to California Market with Acquisition of King Extracts- Video News Alert on Investmentpitch.com|
finance.yahoo.com - May 26 at 7:27 AM
|Sunoco LP :SUN-US: Earnings Analysis: Q1, 2017 By the Numbers : May 22, 2017|
finance.yahoo.com - May 22 at 7:04 PM
|Why Sunoco LP Stock (SUN) Is a Top 10 Energy Dividend Stock|
investorplace.com - May 16 at 5:20 PM
|Edited Transcript of SUN earnings conference call or presentation 4-May-17 2:30pm GMT|
finance.yahoo.com - May 7 at 8:13 AM
|Sunoco's Q1 Earnings Seem Less Important With a Major Sale Still in the Works|
finance.yahoo.com - May 6 at 7:48 PM
|Sunoco's (SUN) CEO Robert Owens on Q1 2017 Results - Earnings Call Transcript|
seekingalpha.com - May 5 at 11:14 PM
|Sunoco (SUN) Getting Somewhat Favorable Media Coverage, Analysis Finds|
www.americanbankingnews.com - May 5 at 10:56 PM
|Sunoco LP (SUN) Expected to Post Quarterly Sales of $3.92 Billion|
www.americanbankingnews.com - May 5 at 1:18 PM
|Here's Why Sunoco LP Rose 25.8% in April|
finance.yahoo.com - May 4 at 10:39 AM
|Here's Why Sunoco LP Rose 25.8% in April|
www.fool.com - May 4 at 9:49 AM
|Vetr Inc. Upgrades Sunoco LP (SUN) to "Buy"|
www.americanbankingnews.com - May 4 at 1:17 AM
|Sunoco LP (SUN) Stock Rating Upgraded by Vetr Inc.|
www.americanbankingnews.com - May 4 at 1:17 AM
|BRIEF-Sunoco LP announces first quarter financial and operating results|
www.reuters.com - May 3 at 11:21 PM
|EARNINGS SUMMARY: Details of Sunoco LP Q1 Earnings Report|
www.rttnews.com - May 3 at 11:20 PM
|$0.10 EPS Expected for Sunoco LP (SUN) This Quarter|
www.americanbankingnews.com - May 3 at 10:20 PM
|Sunoco LP EPS of -$0.22|
seekingalpha.com - May 3 at 6:17 PM
|Sunoco LP Announces First Quarter Financial and Operating Results|
finance.yahoo.com - May 3 at 6:17 PM
|Sunoco (SUN) Given Daily News Sentiment Rating of 0.22|
www.americanbankingnews.com - May 2 at 8:16 PM
|Sunoco LP (SUN) Given Consensus Recommendation of "Hold" by Analysts|
www.americanbankingnews.com - May 2 at 9:40 AM
|Sunoco LP (SUN) Set to Announce Quarterly Earnings on Wednesday|
www.americanbankingnews.com - May 1 at 7:42 PM
|Energy Transfer Equity Announces Dividend|
finance.yahoo.com - May 1 at 7:15 PM
|Sunoco (SUN) Given Media Impact Rating of 0.24|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 29 at 8:00 PM
|Sunoco LP (SUN) Upgraded at TheStreet|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 29 at 11:04 AM
|TheStreet Upgrades Sunoco LP (SUN) to "C-"|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 28 at 8:52 PM
|Sunoco LP (SUN) Upgraded to "C-" at TheStreet|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 28 at 7:58 PM
|Sunoco Logistics Partners and Energy Transfer Partners Announce Successful Completion of Merger|
finance.yahoo.com - April 28 at 3:51 PM
|Sunoco LP to Issue Quarterly Dividend of $0.83 (SUN)|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 27 at 10:14 PM
|BRIEF-Sunoco LP maintains quarterly distribution|
www.reuters.com - April 27 at 8:33 PM
|Sunoco LP Maintains Quarterly Distribution|
finance.yahoo.com - April 27 at 8:32 PM
|Sunoco (SUN) Receiving Somewhat Positive News Coverage, Analysis Shows|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 26 at 7:38 PM
|Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. Unitholders Approve Merger with Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P.|
finance.yahoo.com - April 26 at 4:30 PM
|Sunoco upgraded at Citi on "best deal team in the game"|
seekingalpha.com - April 25 at 7:03 PM
|Sunoco (SUN) Getting Somewhat Favorable Press Coverage, Study Shows|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 23 at 5:51 PM
|Sunoco (SUN) Getting Positive Press Coverage, Analysis Shows|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 17 at 4:40 PM
|Think You've Seen Crazy Valuations? Wait Till You See These 3 Stocks|
finance.yahoo.com - April 15 at 11:58 AM
|Sunoco (SUN) Earning Somewhat Favorable News Coverage, Report Finds|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 14 at 7:09 PM
|Institutional Shareholder Services Recommends Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. Unitholders Vote for Merger with Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P.|
finance.yahoo.com - April 14 at 3:47 PM
|Sunoco LP (SUN) Given "Neutral" Rating at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 14 at 7:20 AM
|Sunoco LP (SUN) Rating Increased to Outperform at Robert W. Baird|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 14 at 7:08 AM
|Sunoco LP (SUN) Downgraded by Vetr Inc. to Sell|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 14 at 7:02 AM
|Sunoco LP (SUN) Given New $29.00 Price Target at FBR & Co|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 13 at 11:52 PM
|Glass Lewis and Egan-Jones Recommend Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. Unitholders Vote for the Proposed Merger with Sunoco Logistics Partners L.P.|
finance.yahoo.com - April 13 at 7:54 PM
| Analysts Anticipate Sunoco LP (SUN) to Announce $0.12 Earnings Per Share|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 12 at 4:09 PM
|Q1 2017 EPS Estimates for Sunoco LP (SUN) Cut by Jefferies Group|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 12 at 8:00 AM
|Sunoco LP (SUN) Stock Rating Lowered by Vetr Inc.|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 11 at 12:50 AM
|Sunoco LP (SUN) Presents On Divestiture of Retail Operations in Continental U.S.|
seekingalpha.com - April 10 at 7:34 PM
|IIROC Trade Resumption - SUN|
finance.yahoo.com - April 10 at 7:34 PM
|Sunoco LP (SUN) Upgraded by Robert W. Baird to Outperform|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 10 at 5:49 PM
|Sunoco LP (SUN) Given Neutral Rating at Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 10 at 3:17 PM
|Sunoco LP (SUN) Stock Rating Upgraded by Jefferies Group LLC|
www.americanbankingnews.com - April 10 at 11:19 AM
Sunoco LP (SUN) Chart for Monday, May, 29, 2017