About Trex Company
Trex Company, Inc. is a manufacturer of wood-alternative decking and railing products. The Company markets its products under the brand name Trex. The Company offers a set of outdoor living products in the decking, railing, porch, fencing, trim, steel deck framing and outdoor lighting categories. Its decking products include Trex Transcend, Trex Enhance and Trex Select. The Company's railing products include Trex Transcend Railing, Trex Select Railing and Trex Reveal aluminum railing. It offers Trex Transcend Porch Flooring and Railing System, a porch product, and a fencing product called Trex Seclusions. The Company offers TrexTrim product, which is a cellular polyvinyl chloride residential exterior trim product. It offers a triple-coated steel deck framing system called Trex Elevations. The Company offers outdoor lighting systems, including Trex DeckLighting and Trex Landscape Lighting. It also offers Trex Hideaway, which a hidden fastening system for grooved boards.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Construction
- Industry: General Building Materials
- Sub-Industry: Building Products
- Exchange: NYSE
- Symbol: TREX
- CUSIP: 89531P10
- Previous Close: $71.15
- 50 Day Moving Average: $68.43
- 200 Day Moving Average: $63.23
- 52-Week Range: $39.74 - $78.16
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 31.87
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 21.16
- P/E Growth: 1.03
- Market Cap: $1.93B
- Outstanding Shares: 29,295,000
- Beta: 2.33
- Net Margins: 13.02%
- Return on Equity: 65.45%
- Return on Assets: 29.25%
Companies Related to Trex Company:
- Current Ratio: 2.03%
- Quick Ratio: 1.69%
What is Trex Company's stock symbol?
Trex Company trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "TREX."
When did Trex Company's stock split? How did Trex Company's stock split work?
Trex Company shares split on Thursday, May 8th 2014. The 2-1 split was announced on Monday, February 24th 2014. The newly created shares were issued to shareholders after the closing bell on Wednesday, May 7th 2014. An investor that had 100 shares of Trex Company stock prior to the split would have 200 shares after the split.
Where is Trex Company's stock going? Where will Trex Company's stock price be in 2017?
6 brokers have issued 12 month price objectives for Trex Company's stock. Their predictions range from $58.00 to $70.00. On average, they anticipate Trex Company's stock price to reach $63.00 in the next year.
When will Trex Company announce their earnings?
Trex Company is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Monday, May, 8th 2017.
What are analysts saying about Trex Company stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Trex Company stock:
- Stifel Nicolaus analysts commented, "Trex reported Q4'16 EPS of $0.43, which was above consensus of $0.41. Revenue was $95.3 million coming in better than guidance and consensus. Included in this number was a $1.3 million capital commitment charge (management had to be vague about the deal for competitive reasons) with a customer that is expected to boost future sales. Gross margin was 40.0% making gross profit about $38.1 million (also reduced by the $1.3 million) compared to $32.0 million a year ago. The company adopted a stock compensation FASB pronouncement that provided a $1.6 million tax benefit spread over the first three quarters thus restating those results. No benefit occurred in the fourth and we estimate the tax rate was 36% vs. our 30% estimate thus making the 4Q EPS look even more impressive (we estimate the difference to EPS was about $0.03)." (2/22/2017)
According to Zacks Investment Research, "Trex Company, Inc. is a manufacturer of wood-alternative decking and railing. Trex Company, Inc. is based in Winchester, United States. " (2/15/2017)
- Wedbush analysts commented, "We maintain our NEUTRAL rating on shares of Trex Co. (TREX) as we believe the benefits from operational improvements, sales mix and raw material tailwinds have been fully captured in the share price. While management continues to work to improve incremental gross margin (IGM) guiding CY17 in the range of 40-50% (vs. 40-45% exiting 3Q), due primarily to bringing inhouse the manufacturing of certain outdoor living products that were previously manufactured by a third-party. Over the mid-term, we expect TREX to continue to add to its leading market share in the decking and rail (D&R) segment of the Outdoor Living market (ODLM), expand its product offerings in ODLM as well as outside of North America, and longer-term benefit from the secular change from wood to wood-alternative materials." (1/17/2017)
Who owns Trex Company stock?
Trex Company's stock is owned by a variety of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include Barrow Hanley Mewhinney & Strauss LLC (4.12%), Janus Capital Management LLC (3.99%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (3.38%), State Street Corp (2.19%), Disciplined Growth Investors Inc. MN (1.37%) and Loomis Sayles & Co. L P (1.12%). Company insiders that own Trex Company stock include Adam Dante Zambanini, Christopher Paul Gerhard, F Timothy Reese, Frank H Merlotti Jr, Frank H Merlotti, Jr, James E Cline, Jay M Gratz, Patricia B Robinson, Richard E Posey, Ronald W Kaplan and William R Gupp.
Who sold Trex Company stock? Who is selling Trex Company stock?
Trex Company's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Barrow Hanley Mewhinney & Strauss LLC, Janus Capital Management LLC, Fiera Capital Corp, Loomis Sayles & Co. L P, Dimensional Fund Advisors LP, Westwood Holdings Group Inc., Frontier Capital Management Co. LLC and Raymond James Financial Services Advisors Inc.. Company insiders that have sold Trex Company stock in the last year include Adam Dante Zambanini, Christopher Paul Gerhard, Frank H Merlotti Jr, James E Cline, Jay M Gratz, Patricia B Robinson, Richard E Posey and William R Gupp.
Who bought Trex Company stock? Who is buying Trex Company stock?
Trex Company's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Bogle Investment Management L P DE, Allianz Asset Management AG, Elkfork Partners LLC, State Street Corp, Oxford Asset Management, Disciplined Growth Investors Inc. MN, Flinton Capital Management LLC and AQR Capital Management LLC.
How do I buy Trex Company stock?
Shares of Trex Company can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Trex Company stock cost?
One share of Trex Company stock can currently be purchased for approximately $65.81.