About US Foods Holding Corp. (NYSE:USFD)
US Foods Holding Corp. is a holding company. The Company is a foodservice distributor in the United States. The Company, through US Foods, Inc. (USF), markets and primarily distributes fresh, frozen and dry food and non-food products to foodservice customers throughout the United States. These customers include independently owned single and multi-unit restaurants, regional concepts, national restaurant chains, hospitals, nursing homes, hotels and motels, country clubs, government and military organizations, colleges and universities, and retail locations. As of December 31, 2016, the Company provided approximately 400,000 fresh, frozen, and dry food stock-keeping units (SKUs), as well as non-food items, sourced from over 5,000 suppliers. As of January 31, 2017, it maintained 75 primary operating facilities, consisting of its 60 distribution centers and other supporting facilities.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Industry: Food Retail & Distribution
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Sector: Food Retail & Distribution - NEC
- Symbol: NYSE:USFD
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.usfoods.com
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 1.31%
- Current Ratio: 1.40%
- Quick Ratio: 0.81%
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 18.36
- Forward P/E Ratio: 23.87
- P/E Growth: 1.54
- Annual Sales: $22.919 billion
- Price / Sales: 0.27
- Cash Flow: $3.38 per share
- Price / Cash: 8.12
- Book Value: $12.22 per share
- Price / Book: 2.25
- Trailing EPS: $1.17
- Net Income: $209.79 million
- Net Margins: 1.11%
- Return on Equity: 12.64%
- Return on Assets: 3.61%
- Employees: 25,000
- Outstanding Shares: 224,610,000
Frequently Asked Questions for US Foods Holding Corp. (NYSE:USFD)
What is US Foods Holding Corp.'s stock symbol?
US Foods Holding Corp. trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "USFD."
How were US Foods Holding Corp.'s earnings last quarter?
US Foods Holding Corp. (NYSE:USFD) released its earnings results on Tuesday, August, 9th. The company reported ($0.07) EPS for the quarter, missing the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of $0.35 by $0.42. The company had revenue of $5.81 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $5.84 million. US Foods Holding Corp. had a net margin of 1.11% and a return on equity of 12.64%. US Foods Holding Corp.'s revenue for the quarter was down .6% on a year-over-year basis. View US Foods Holding Corp.'s Earnings History.
When will US Foods Holding Corp. make its next earnings announcement?
Where is US Foods Holding Corp.'s stock going? Where will US Foods Holding Corp.'s stock price be in 2017?
10 Wall Street analysts have issued 1-year target prices for US Foods Holding Corp.'s stock. Their forecasts range from $29.00 to $35.00. On average, they anticipate US Foods Holding Corp.'s share price to reach $31.67 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for US Foods Holding Corp..
What are Wall Street analysts saying about US Foods Holding Corp. stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about US Foods Holding Corp. stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "US Foods Holding Corp. is a foodservice distributor. The company serves independent and multi-unit restaurants, healthcare and hospitality entities, government and educational institutions. US Foods Holding Corp. is headquartered in Rosemont, Ill. " (11/10/2017)
- 2. Pivotal Research analysts commented, "After the market close yesterday, Bohai announced that its Board of Directors have approved the deal to purchase C2, which is CIT’s aircraft leasing company, and released the Significant Asset Purchase Report." The company will hold a shareholders meeting at 2:30 p.m. on March 6, 2017 (Shenzhen, China time) to vote for the deal." (2/16/2017)
- 3. Guggenheim analysts commented, "We remain Buy-rated with a $30 PT and an expectation of 10-15% annual returns over the next several years. Our moderate growth thesis revolves around the 'triangle of value creation,' which is alive and well. With EBITDA growing $90-100M a year and debt reduction approximating $200M annually, we believe the shares could appreciate 10-15% per year even with modest multiple compression. As detailed in Exhibit 1, our $30 PT is predicated on a 10x EBITDA multiple on our 2017E EBITDA, a reasonable expectation for a business operating with a favorable competitive backdrop and no e-commerce vulnerability." (2/16/2017)
- 4. Wells Fargo & Company analysts commented, "We reiterate our Outperform rating, and continue to see favorable risk/reward with long-term opportunities intact and shares trading at a -16% valuation gap vs. SYY. Q4 caps a strong FY16. USFD wrapped up its first FY as a newly public company with a strong FY16 and Q4 results that largely matched USFD’s preannounced results on January 13 th . Highlights include: 1) FY16 Adjusted EBITDA growth of +11%, or +12.5% normalized for a 53 rd week in FY15; 2) Accelerating Q4 independent case growth of +6.1%, with an organic contribution of +3.8% suggesting underlying trends (on a 2-year basis) improved +60bps; 3) Annual gross margin improvement of +60bps owing to improved customer mix (more independents, fewer chains), merchandising/procurement initiatives and pricing benefits from deflation; and 4) FY16 gross profit dollar growth exceeding operating expense growth by 180bps. Looking ahead to FY17, we anticipate this spread to widen to +300bps as gross margin drivers continue and the benefits from recent field reorganization and restructuring initiatives are expected to drive +25bps of Adj. EBITDA margin improvement." (2/15/2017)
- 5. Royal Bank Of Canada analysts commented, "We are initiating on US Foods with an Outperform rating and $32 price target. With a gross margin profile that has more closely mirrored the industry's top-line deceleration and increasing wage pressure, US Foods is appropriately positioned to gain market share. With less wage increase exposure, greater e-commerce retention, and greater value-added product offerings, we believe the EV/NTM EBITDA valuation discount to peers is unwarranted." (1/24/2017)
Who are some of US Foods Holding Corp.'s key competitors?
Some companies that are related to US Foods Holding Corp. include Delhaize Group SA (DEG), Safeway (SWY), Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao (CBD), WM Morrison Supermarkets PLC (MRW), Booker Group PLC (BOK), Performance Food Group Company (PFGC), Sprouts Farmers Market (SFM), United Natural Foods (UNFI), Krispy Kreme Doughnuts (KKD), Weis Markets (WMK), SuperValu (SVU), GNC Holdings (GNC), McColl's Retail Group PLC (MCLS), DAVIDsTEA (DTEA) and Fishing Republic plc (FISH).
Who are US Foods Holding Corp.'s key executives?
US Foods Holding Corp.'s management team includes the folowing people:
- John C. Compton, Independent Chairman of the Board (Age 55)
- Pietro Satriano, President, Chief Executive Officer, Director (Age 53)
- Dirk J. Locascio, Chief Financial Officer (Age 45)
- Tiffany Monroe, Chief Human Resource Officer (Age 43)
- Kristin M. Coleman, Executive Vice President, Chief Compliance Officer, General Counsel (Age 48)
- Steve Guberman, Executive Vice President, Nationally Managed Business (Age 52)
- Jay A. Kvasnicka, Executive Vice President, Locally-Managed Business and Field Operations (Age 49)
- David Rickard, Executive Vice President, Strategy and Revenue Management (Age 46)
- Keith D. Rohland, Chief Information Officer (Age 49)
- Andrew Iacobucci, Chief Merchandising Officer (Age 50)
When did US Foods Holding Corp. IPO?
(USFD) raised $999 million in an IPO on Thursday, May 26th 2016. The company issued 44,400,000 shares at a price of $21.00-$24.00 per share. Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and J.P. Morgan acted as the underwriters for the IPO and BofA Merrill Lynch, Citigroup, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank Securities, Wells Fargo Securities, KKR, BMO Capital Markets, Guggenheim Securities, ING, Rabo Securities and Natixis were co-managers.
Who owns US Foods Holding Corp. stock?
US Foods Holding Corp.'s stock is owned by a variety of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include Neuberger Berman Group LLC (2.52%), Thornburg Investment Management Inc. (0.93%), Alyeska Investment Group L.P. (0.39%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (0.32%), Marathon Partners Equity Management LLC (0.28%) and Schwab Charles Investment Management Inc. (0.21%). Company insiders that own US Foods Holding Corp. stock include Dubilier & Rice Fund V Clayton, Fund Holdings Gp Ltd Kkr, Jay Kvasnicka, John Anthony Lederer, Keith D Rohland, Pietro Satriano, Steven Guberman and Usf Co-Investor No 2 LP Cdr. View Institutional Ownership Trends for US Foods Holding Corp..
Who sold US Foods Holding Corp. stock? Who is selling US Foods Holding Corp. stock?
US Foods Holding Corp.'s stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Alyeska Investment Group L.P., Cubist Systematic Strategies LLC, Pacific Grove Capital LP, Cornerstone Capital Management Holdings LLC., OxFORD Asset Management LLP and Colony Group LLC. Company insiders that have sold US Foods Holding Corp. company stock in the last year include Dubilier & Rice Fund V Clayton, Fund Holdings Gp Ltd Kkr, Jay Kvasnicka, John Anthony Lederer, Keith D Rohland, Pietro Satriano, Steven Guberman and Usf Co-Investor No 2 LP Cdr. View Insider Buying and Selling for US Foods Holding Corp..
Who bought US Foods Holding Corp. stock? Who is buying US Foods Holding Corp. stock?
US Foods Holding Corp.'s stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Thornburg Investment Management Inc., Dimensional Fund Advisors LP, Janus Henderson Group PLC, Neuberger Berman Group LLC, Spitfire Capital LLC, Magnetar Financial LLC, Marathon Partners Equity Management LLC and Schwab Charles Investment Management Inc.. View Insider Buying and Selling for US Foods Holding Corp..
How do I buy US Foods Holding Corp. stock?
Shares of US Foods Holding Corp. can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is US Foods Holding Corp.'s stock price today?
One share of US Foods Holding Corp. stock can currently be purchased for approximately $27.45.
How big of a company is US Foods Holding Corp.?
US Foods Holding Corp. has a market capitalization of $6.28 billion and generates $22.919 billion in revenue each year. The company earns $209.79 million in net income (profit) each year or $1.17 on an earnings per share basis. US Foods Holding Corp. employs 25,000 workers across the globe.
How can I contact US Foods Holding Corp.?
US Foods Holding Corp.'s mailing address is 9399 W Higgins Rd Ste 500, ROSEMONT, IL 60018-4992, United States. The company can be reached via phone at +1-847-7208000 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for US Foods Holding Corp. (NYSE USFD)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about US Foods Holding Corp. and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
Analysts' Consensus Rating for US Foods Holding Corp. (NYSE:USFD) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus analyst ratings for company stocks using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Analyst consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings from Wall Street analysts. Each stock's consensus analyst rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||0 Sell Ratings, 3 Hold Ratings, 7 Buy Ratings, 0 Strong Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.70)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$31.67 (15.36% upside)|
Consensus Price Target History for US Foods Holding Corp. (NYSE:USFD)
Analysts' Ratings History for US Foods Holding Corp. (NYSE:USFD)
(Data available from 11/19/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|9/13/2017||Barclays PLC||Upgrade||Equal Weight -> Overweight||$30.00 -> $32.00||N/A|
|8/10/2017||Deutsche Bank AG||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$33.00||Low|
|8/10/2017||Royal Bank Of Canada||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$32.00||Low|
|8/9/2017||Wells Fargo & Company||Reiterated Rating||Buy||High|
|8/9/2017||Pivotal Research||Set Price Target||Hold||$29.00||High|
|8/4/2017||BMO Capital Markets||Set Price Target||Hold||$29.00||Low|
|5/17/2017||Credit Suisse Group||Reiterated Rating||Outperform||$32.00 -> $35.00||Low|
|5/15/2017||Loop Capital||Initiated Coverage||Hold -> Hold||$31.00||Low|
|12/9/2016||The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc.||Upgrade||Neutral -> Buy||$31.00||N/A|
|10/10/2016||Citigroup Inc.||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$30.00 -> $27.00||N/A|
|6/20/2016||Bank of America Corporation||Initiated Coverage||Buy||$29.00||N/A|
|6/20/2016||Morgan Stanley||Initiated Coverage||Equal -> Equal Weight||$28.00||N/A|
|6/20/2016||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Initiated Coverage||Overweight||$27.50||N/A|
Earnings History and Estimates Chart for US Foods Holding Corp. (NYSE:USFD)
Earnings History by Quarter for US Foods Holding Corp. (NYSE USFD)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/9/2017||Q2 2017||$0.35||$0.37||$6.03 billion||$6.16 billion||View||Listen|
|5/9/2017||Q1 2017||$0.20||$0.18||$5.78 billion||$5.78 billion||View||Listen|
|2/15/2017||Q416||$0.43||$0.53||$5.68 billion||$5.66 billion||View||Listen|
|11/8/2016||Q316||$0.36||$0.39||$5.91 billion||$5.80 billion||View||Listen|
|8/9/2016||Q216||$0.35||($0.07)||$5.84 million||$5.81 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for US Foods Holding Corp. (NYSE:USFD)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.15 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $1.62 EPS
Dividend History for US Foods Holding Corp. (NYSE:USFD)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for US Foods Holding Corp. (NYSE USFD)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 1.56%
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 98.89%
Insider Trades by Quarter for US Foods Holding Corp. (NYSE USFD)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|9/18/2017||Fund Holdings Gp Ltd Kkr||Major Shareholder||Sell||20,000,000||$27.34||$546,800,000.00|| |
|9/14/2017||Jay Kvasnicka||Insider||Sell||23,572||$27.30||$643,515.60|| |
|8/22/2017||Keith D Rohland||Insider||Sell||35,451||$27.12||$961,431.12|| |
|5/17/2017||John Anthony Lederer||Director||Sell||598,950||$28.25||$16,920,337.50|| |
|5/17/2017||Pietro Satriano||Insider||Sell||89,932||$28.25||$2,540,579.00|| |
|5/17/2017||Usf Co-Investor No. 2 L.P Cdr||Major Shareholder||Sell||22,655,559||$28.25||$640,019,541.75|| |
|1/31/2017||Dubilier & Rice Fund V Clayton||Major Shareholder||Sell||20,700,000||$26.00||$538,200,000.00|| |
Latest Headlines for US Foods Holding Corp. (NYSE USFD)
US Foods Holding Corp. (NYSE USFD) Chart for Sunday, November, 19, 2017