Waters Corporation is an analytical instrument manufacturer. The Company operates through two segments: Waters and TA. It designs, manufactures, sells and services high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), ultra performance liquid chromatography (UPLC and together with HPLC, referred to as LC) and mass spectrometry (MS) technology systems and support products, including chromatography columns, other consumable products and post-warranty service plans. It also designs, manufactures, sells and services thermal analysis, rheometry and calorimetry instruments through its TA product line. It is also a developer and supplier of software-based products that interface with the Company's instruments, as well as other suppliers' instruments. Its LC and LC-MS instruments are utilized in a range of industries to detect, identify, monitor and measure the chemical, physical and biological composition of materials, and to purify a range of compounds.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Advanced Medical Equipment & Technology
- Sub-Industry: Life Sciences Tools & Services
- Symbol: NYSE:WAT
- CUSIP: 94184810
- Web: www.waters.com
- Market Cap: $14.7474 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 79,823,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $181.80
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $174.21
- 52 Week Range: $133.35 - $190.39
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 27.84
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 22.90
- P/E Growth: 2.69
- Annual Revenue: $2.21 billion
- Price / Sales: 6.64
- Book Value: $31.56 per share
- Price / Book: 5.83
- EBIDTA: $766.04 million
- Net Margins: 24.26%
- Return on Equity: 23.91%
- Return on Assets: 11.89%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.67%
- Current Ratio: 6.04%
- Quick Ratio: 5.60%
- Average Volume: 470,795 shs.
- Beta: 0.83
- Short Ratio: 4.68
Frequently Asked Questions for Waters Corporation (NYSE:WAT)
What is Waters Corporation's stock symbol?
Waters Corporation trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "WAT."
How will Waters Corporation's stock buyback program work?
Waters Corporation declared that its Board of Directors has approved a stock buyback program on Sunday, June 4th 2017, which allows the company to buyback $1,000,000,000.00 in shares, according to EventVestor. This buyback authorization allows the company to reacquire up to 7.3% of its stock through open market purchases. Stock buyback programs are typically a sign that the company's management believes its stock is undervalued.
How were Waters Corporation's earnings last quarter?
Waters Corporation (NYSE:WAT) posted its quarterly earnings data on Tuesday, July, 25th. The company reported $1.76 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the Zacks' consensus estimate of $1.71 by $0.05. The firm earned $558.30 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $553.22 million. Waters Corporation had a return on equity of 23.91% and a net margin of 24.26%. The firm's revenue for the quarter was up 4.0% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the prior year, the company earned $1.58 EPS. View Waters Corporation's Earnings History.
When will Waters Corporation make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Waters Corporation's stock going? Where will Waters Corporation's stock price be in 2017?
12 brokerages have issued 12 month price objectives for Waters Corporation's shares. Their predictions range from $160.00 to $205.00. On average, they expect Waters Corporation's share price to reach $185.20 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Waters Corporation.
What are analysts saying about Waters Corporation stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Waters Corporation stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Waters Corp. continued its brilliant earnings beat streak, as its second-quarter 2017 earnings trumped the Zacks Consensus Estimate by 2.3%, and grew an impressive 11.4% from the prior-year quarter figure. Going forward, the company believes that strength in end markets, stable demand from pharmaceutical business, steady growth in recurring revenue and modest recovery in industrial markets will accelerate its growth momentum. Further, the high-performance liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry markets has acted as a strong revenue driver for the past few quarters. Despite the strong earnings, shares of Water Corp. have underperformed the Zacks classified Instruments-Scientific industry over the past six months. Softness in the company’s academic and government businesses are expected to thwart growth; and higher R&D outlay will push expenses higher and hurt immediate profits. " (7/28/2017)
- 2. Deutsche Bank AG analysts commented, "needle-movers" that could generate growth for the next year.Finally, the increase in Leonard's price target merely reflects an expansion in the peer multiple and a six-month roll-forward of his valuation period.Related Links:Benzinga's Top Upgrades, Downgrades For July 10, 2017Pressure Biosciences CEO On Its Beaten Down Stock: 'We Can Now Begin To Focus On The Area That Is Most Important'______Image Credit: By NASA [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons Posted-In: Dan Leonard Deutsche Bank ToolsAnalyst Color Downgrades Price Target Analyst Ratings Tech Best of Benzinga © 2017 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved. Related Articles (WAT) Benzinga's Top Upgrades, Downgrades For July 10, 2017 View Comments and Join the Discussion! View the discussion thread. document.write('') Newsletter & Alerts