About Waters (NYSE:WAT)
Waters Corporation is an analytical instrument manufacturer. The Company operates through two segments: Waters and TA. It designs, manufactures, sells and services high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), ultra performance liquid chromatography (UPLC and together with HPLC, referred to as LC) and mass spectrometry (MS) technology systems and support products, including chromatography columns, other consumable products and post-warranty service plans. It also designs, manufactures, sells and services thermal analysis, rheometry and calorimetry instruments through its TA product line. It is also a developer and supplier of software-based products that interface with the Company's instruments, as well as other suppliers' instruments. Its LC and LC-MS instruments are utilized in a range of industries to detect, identify, monitor and measure the chemical, physical and biological composition of materials, and to purify a range of compounds.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Healthcare
- Industry: Advanced Medical Equipment & Technology
- Sub-Industry: Life Sciences Tools & Services
- Symbol: NYSE:WAT
- CUSIP: 94184810
- Web: www.waters.com
- Market Cap: $14.80328 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 79,823,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $184.25
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $178.42
- 52 Week Range: $133.35 - $190.39
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 28.36
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 23.40
- P/E Growth: 2.64
- Annual Revenue: $2.21 billion
- Price / Sales: 6.80
- Book Value: $31.56 per share
- Price / Book: 5.96
- EBITDA: $766.04 million
- Net Margins: 23.61%
- Return on Equity: 21.52%
- Return on Assets: 10.78%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.67%
- Current Ratio: 6.04%
- Quick Ratio: 5.60%
- Average Volume: 480,777 shs.
- Beta: 0.81
- Short Ratio: 4.68
Frequently Asked Questions for Waters (NYSE:WAT)
What is Waters' stock symbol?
Waters trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "WAT."
How will Waters' stock buyback program work?
Waters declared that its board has approved a stock buyback program on Sunday, June 4th 2017, which authorizes the company to buyback $1,000,000,000.00 in shares, according to EventVestor. This buyback authorization authorizes the company to reacquire up to 7.3% of its stock through open market purchases. Stock buyback programs are generally a sign that the company's board of directors believes its shares are undervalued.
How were Waters' earnings last quarter?
Waters Co. (NYSE:WAT) released its earnings results on Tuesday, July, 25th. The company reported $1.76 earnings per share for the quarter, topping analysts' consensus estimates of $1.71 by $0.05. The company had revenue of $558.30 million for the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $553.22 million. Waters had a return on equity of 21.52% and a net margin of 23.61%. The firm's quarterly revenue was up 4.0% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter last year, the company posted $1.58 earnings per share. View Waters' Earnings History.
When will Waters make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Waters' stock going? Where will Waters' stock price be in 2017?
14 analysts have issued 1 year price targets for Waters' shares. Their forecasts range from $160.00 to $205.00. On average, they expect Waters' stock price to reach $185.55 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Waters.
What are analysts saying about Waters stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Waters stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Waters Corp. continued its brilliant earnings beat streak, as its second-quarter 2017 earnings trumped the Zacks Consensus Estimate by 2.3%, and grew an impressive 11.4% from the prior-year quarter figure. Going forward, the company believes that strength in end markets, stable demand from pharmaceutical business, steady growth in recurring revenue and modest recovery in industrial markets will accelerate its growth momentum. Further, the high-performance liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry markets has acted as a strong revenue driver for the past few quarters. Despite the strong earnings, shares of Water Corp. have underperformed the Zacks classified Instruments-Scientific industry over the past six months. Softness in the company’s academic and government businesses are expected to thwart growth; and higher R&D outlay will push expenses higher and hurt immediate profits. " (7/28/2017)
- 2. Deutsche Bank AG analysts commented, "needle-movers" that could generate growth for the next year.Finally, the increase in Leonard's price target merely reflects an expansion in the peer multiple and a six-month roll-forward of his valuation period.Related Links:Benzinga's Top Upgrades, Downgrades For July 10, 2017Pressure Biosciences CEO On Its Beaten Down Stock: 'We Can Now Begin To Focus On The Area That Is Most Important'______Image Credit: By NASA [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons Posted-In: Dan Leonard Deutsche Bank ToolsAnalyst Color Downgrades Price Target Analyst Ratings Tech Best of Benzinga © 2017 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved. Related Articles (WAT) Benzinga's Top Upgrades, Downgrades For July 10, 2017 View Comments and Join the Discussion! View the discussion thread. document.write('') Newsletter & Alerts