Watsco, Inc. (Watsco) is a distributor of air conditioning, heating and refrigeration equipment, and related parts and supplies (HVAC/R). The Company operates in the HVAC/R distribution industry in North America. The Company operates at approximately 570 locations in over 40 United States' states, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. The Company sells a line of products and maintains a mix of inventory to meet its customers' needs. The Company distributes a range of products, such as equipment, including residential ducted and ductless air conditioners, gas, electric and oil furnaces, commercial air conditioning and heating equipment and systems and other specialized equipment; parts, including replacement compressors, evaporator coils, motors and other component parts, and supplies, including thermostats, insulation material, refrigerants, ductwork, grills, registers, sheet metal, tools, copper tubing, concrete pads, tape, adhesives and other ancillary supplies.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Construction
- Industry: Electronics Wholesale
- Sub-Industry: Trading Companies & Distributors
- Exchange: NYSE
- Symbol: WSO
- CUSIP: 94262220
- Previous Close: $153.94
- 50 Day Moving Average: $151.52
- 200 Day Moving Average: $146.37
- 52-Week Range: $123.64 - $159.55
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 29.82
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 24.02
- P/E Growth: 2.21
- Market Cap: $5.02B
- Outstanding Shares: 32,662,000
- Beta: 0.76
- Net Margins: 4.10%
- Return on Equity: 13.79%
- Return on Assets: 9.03%
Companies Related to Watsco:
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.17%
- Current Ratio: 3.77%
- Quick Ratio: 1.70%
What is Watsco's stock symbol?
Watsco trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol "WSO."
How often does Watsco pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Watsco?
Watsco declared a quarterly dividend on Tuesday, January 3rd. Stockholders of record on Tuesday, January 17th will be paid a dividend of $1.05 per share on Tuesday, January 31st. This represents a $4.20 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 2.73%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Thursday, January 12th.
Where is Watsco's stock going? Where will Watsco's stock price be in 2017?
11 brokerages have issued 12 month price objectives for Watsco's shares. Their predictions range from $113.00 to $175.00. On average, they expect Watsco's share price to reach $145.40 in the next year.
When will Watsco announce their earnings?
Watsco is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Tuesday, April, 18th 2017.
What are analysts saying about Watsco stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Watsco stock:
According to Zacks Investment Research, "Watsco’s top-line and bottom–line in the fourth quarter both improved year over year and achieved record levels but missed the respective Zacks Consensus Estimate. Watsco remains focused to achieve another record year in 2017, while driving the adoption and advancement of its technologies with customers. The company will benefit from the expansion of product offering, growth potential in the replacement market and efforts to reduce infrastructure costs. Watsco has raised stake by 10% in Carrier Enterprise Northeast LLC, a joint venture (JV) with Carrier Corporation for about $43 million. The JV will add new products to Watsco's portfolio. Further, the company is actively transforming business in compliance to the digital age. The stock has outperformed the broader industry in the past six months. However, Watsco’s performance will be hurt by foreign currency headwinds, lack of acquisitions and seasonal factors." (2/18/2017)
- Stifel Nicolaus analysts commented, "Headline miss a tad surprising given strong 4Q results for most HVAC names, with other HVAC products negative. High expectation stock, as reflected in the underperformance today (down ~4% vs. +40 bps for the S&P 500). That said, we don't think underperformance will last for long. Under the hood, decent performance on GM and continued investment and return on technology investments. Waving in more of the Carrier JV is common sense to us. Given the increased income (net the increased interest expense) as a result of the Carrier JV (we are dialing ~$0.15 benefit for 2017E). We take our 2017E EPS estimate to $5.85 (from $5.70) and our 2018E EPS remains at $6.60, which could readily have upside due to Trump tax benefits or incremental M&A, for which management was quite bullish on the prospects. We are also introducing 2017 quarterly estimates. Reiterate Buy, $175 target price based on 26.5x our 2018E EPS of $6.60." (2/15/2017)
Who owns Watsco stock?
Watsco's stock is owned by a variety of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include FMR LLC (2.69%), Baillie Gifford & Co. (2.18%), State Street Corp (2.05%), Frontier Capital Management Co. LLC (1.32%), Baird Financial Group Inc. (1.10%) and Columbia Wanger Asset Management LLC (1.02%).
Who sold Watsco stock? Who is selling Watsco stock?
Watsco's stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including FMR LLC, Frontier Capital Management Co. LLC, Columbia Wanger Asset Management LLC, Baird Financial Group Inc., Renaissance Technologies LLC, Two Sigma Investments LP, William Blair Investment Management LLC and State Street Corp.
Who bought Watsco stock? Who is buying Watsco stock?
Watsco's stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Russell Investments Group Ltd., First Republic Investment Management Inc., Marshall Wace LLP, AQR Capital Management LLC, Motley Fool Wealth Management LLC, GSA Capital Partners LLP, Pacad Investment Ltd. and A.R.T. Advisors LLC.
How do I buy Watsco stock?
Shares of Watsco can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Watsco stock cost?
One share of Watsco stock can currently be purchased for approximately $153.94.