About Senseonics Holdings (NYSEAMERICAN:SENS)
Senseonics Holdings, Inc. is a medical technology company. The Company focuses on the design, development and commercialization of glucose monitoring systems. The Company operates through glucose monitoring systems segment. It offers a continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) system, Eversense, which is designed an implantable CGM system designed to continually measure glucose levels in people with diabetes. The Company's Eversense system consists of components, such as a sensor, which is inserted subcutaneously in the upper arm by a healthcare provider; an external removable smart transmitter that receives, assesses and relays the data from the sensor and also provides vibratory alerts, and a mobile application that receives data from the transmitter and provides real-time glucose readings, alerts and other data on the user's mobile device, such as a smartphone, Apple Watch or tablet.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Industry: Bio Medical Devices
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Sector: N/A
- Symbol: NYSEAMERICAN:SENS
- Previous Symbol: NASDAQ:SENS
- CUSIP: N/A
- Web: www.senseonics.com
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 0.76%
- Current Ratio: 2.93%
- Quick Ratio: 2.81%
Sales & Book Value:
- Annual Sales: $330,000.00
- Price / Sales: 1,143.81
- Book Value: ($0.05) per share
- Price / Book: -55.20
- Trailing EPS: ($0.50)
- Net Income: ($43,930,000.00)
- Net Margins: -1,411.55%
- Return on Equity: -1,681.27%
- Return on Assets: -144.86%
- Employees: 58
- Outstanding Shares: 136,760,000
Frequently Asked Questions for Senseonics Holdings (NYSEAMERICAN:SENS)
What is Senseonics Holdings' stock symbol?
Senseonics Holdings trades on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)AMERICAN under the ticker symbol "SENS."
How were Senseonics Holdings' earnings last quarter?
Senseonics Holdings Inc (NYSEAMERICAN:SENS) issued its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday, October, 31st. The company reported ($0.13) EPS for the quarter, hitting the Zacks' consensus estimate of ($0.13). The company had revenue of $2.10 million for the quarter, compared to analysts' expectations of $1.51 million. Senseonics Holdings had a negative return on equity of 1,681.27% and a negative net margin of 1,411.55%. The company's revenue was up 425.0% compared to the same quarter last year. View Senseonics Holdings' Earnings History.
Where is Senseonics Holdings' stock going? Where will Senseonics Holdings' stock price be in 2017?
3 equities research analysts have issued 1-year price objectives for Senseonics Holdings' stock. Their forecasts range from $4.00 to $5.00. On average, they anticipate Senseonics Holdings' share price to reach $4.50 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Senseonics Holdings.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Senseonics Holdings stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Senseonics Holdings stock:
- 1. Canaccord Genuity analysts commented, "We maintain our BUY rating following Q3/17 results that demonstrated continued strong commercial momentum of Eversense in Europe. Q3/17 revenues of $2.1M were well ahead of our Street-high estimate of $1.7M and consensus of $1.5M. As anticipated, Senseonics benefited from a meaningful acceleration in OUS sales as Senseonics continued to execute in its core markets (Germany, Italy, Sweden), had 4 additional countries transition from pilot to full commercial launch, and added an additional 6 geographies. Offsetting strong OUS execution was the announcement that the timelines for US regulatory approval have slipped and the company now expects a PMA panel in the Q1/18, which likely delays US market entry to mid-2018." (11/1/2017)
- 2. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Senseonics Holdings, Inc. is a medical technology company which focused on the design, development and commercialization of glucose monitoring systems. Senseonics Holdings, Inc. is based in Germantown, United States. " (8/15/2017)
- 3. BTIG Research analysts commented, "Significant Positive SENS this morning announced that they raised $41M (29M shares @ $1.41), which in our opinion has been a key focus for potential investors for some time. We see it as a positive that they were able to raise at the current share price without warrants and that Roche (RHHBY, Not Rated), one of their key distributors, decided to participate. We expect shares to trade up post this raise and into the FDA approval anticipated later this year." (5/28/2017)
Are investors shorting Senseonics Holdings?
Senseonics Holdings saw a increase in short interest in October. As of October 31st, there was short interest totalling 4,017,774 shares, an increase of 12.4% from the October 13th total of 3,574,804 shares. Based on an average daily volume of 629,024 shares, the days-to-cover ratio is presently 6.4 days. Currently, 8.9% of the company's shares are short sold.
Who are some of Senseonics Holdings' key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Senseonics Holdings include Nevsun Resources (NSU), Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services (LTS), Northern Dynasty Minerals (NAK), Taseko Mines Limited (TGB), Transenterix (TRXC), Klondex Mines Ltd (KLDX), Gossan Resources Limited (GSS), Silvercorp Metals (SVM), Sierra Metals (SMTS), Spark Networks (LOV), Gold Standard Ventures Corp (GSV), Consolidated-Tomoka Land (CTO), Denison Mines Corp (DNN), Protalix Biotherapeutics (PLX), BioTime (BTX), Envirostar (EVI), 22nd Century Group (XXII) and Lilis Energy (LLEX).
Who are Senseonics Holdings' key executives?
Senseonics Holdings' management team includes the folowing people:
- Stephen P. DeFalco, Independent Chairman of the Board (Age 56)
- Timothy T. Goodnow Ph.D., President, Chief Executive Officer, Director (Age 55)
- Raymond Donald Elsey, Chief Financial Officer, Treasurer, Secretary (Age 63)
- Mukul Jain Ph.D., Chief Operating Officer (Age 44)
- Mirasol Panlilio, Vice President - Global Sales and Marketing (Age 52)
- Lynne Kelley M.D., Chief Medical Officer (Age 53)
- M. James E. Barrett Ph.D., Independent Director (Age 74)
- Steven Edelman M.D., Independent Director (Age 61)
- Edward J. Fiorentino, Independent Director (Age 58)
- Peter Justin Klein M.D., J.D., Independent Director (Age 39)
Who owns Senseonics Holdings stock?
Senseonics Holdings' stock is owned by a variety of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include Raymond James Financial Services Advisors Inc. (0.28%), Citadel Advisors LLC (0.04%), Perceptive Advisors LLC (0.04%) and Bank of New York Mellon Corp (0.03%). Company insiders that own Senseonics Holdings stock include Enterprise Associates 10 L New and Mukul Jain. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Senseonics Holdings.
Who bought Senseonics Holdings stock? Who is buying Senseonics Holdings stock?
Senseonics Holdings' stock was acquired by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Raymond James Financial Services Advisors Inc., Citadel Advisors LLC, Perceptive Advisors LLC and Bank of New York Mellon Corp. View Insider Buying and Selling for Senseonics Holdings.
How do I buy Senseonics Holdings stock?
Shares of Senseonics Holdings can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Senseonics Holdings' stock price today?
One share of Senseonics Holdings stock can currently be purchased for approximately $2.76.
How big of a company is Senseonics Holdings?
Senseonics Holdings has a market capitalization of $358.48 million and generates $330,000.00 in revenue each year. The company earns ($43,930,000.00) in net income (profit) each year or ($0.50) on an earnings per share basis. Senseonics Holdings employs 58 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Senseonics Holdings?
Senseonics Holdings' mailing address is 20451 Seneca Meadows Pkwy, GERMANTOWN, MD 20876-7005, United States. The company can be reached via phone at +1-301-5157260.
MarketBeat Community Rating for Senseonics Holdings (NYSEAMERICAN SENS)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Senseonics Holdings and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
Analysts' Consensus Rating for Senseonics Holdings (NYSEAMERICAN:SENS) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus analyst ratings for company stocks using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Analyst consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings from Wall Street analysts. Each stock's consensus analyst rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||0 Sell Ratings, 0 Hold Ratings, 3 Buy Ratings, 0 Strong Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 3.00)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$4.50|
Consensus Price Target History for Senseonics Holdings (NYSEAMERICAN:SENS)
Analysts' Ratings History for Senseonics Holdings (NYSEAMERICAN:SENS)
(Data available from 11/20/2015 forward)
|11/1/2017||Canaccord Genuity||Reiterated Rating||Buy|
|5/28/2017||BTIG Research||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$4.50|
|5/10/2017||B. Riley||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$4.00|
Earnings History and Estimates Chart for Senseonics Holdings (NYSEAMERICAN:SENS)
Earnings History by Quarter for Senseonics Holdings (NYSEAMERICAN SENS)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|10/31/2017||Q3 2017||($0.13)||($0.13)||$1.51 million||$2.10 million||View||N/A|
|8/9/2017||Q2 2017||($0.13)||($0.12)||$0.81 million||$0.81 million||View||Listen|
|5/4/2017||Q1||($0.12)||($0.14)||$0.57 million||$0.55 million||View||Listen|
Earnings Estimates for Senseonics Holdings (NYSEAMERICAN:SENS)
Current Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-0.54 EPS
Next Year EPS Consensus Estimate: $-0.57 EPS
Dividend History for Senseonics Holdings (NYSEAMERICAN:SENS)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Senseonics Holdings (NYSEAMERICAN SENS)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 34.10%
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 30.66%
Insider Trades by Quarter for Senseonics Holdings (NYSEAMERICAN SENS)
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|10/2/2017||Mukul Jain||COO||Sell||11,885||$3.25||$38,626.25|| |
|9/11/2017||Mukul Jain||COO||Sell||13,115||$3.25||$42,623.75|| |
|6/1/2017||Enterprise Associates 10 L New||Major Shareholder||Buy||7,092,198||$1.41||$9,999,999.18|| |
Latest Headlines for Senseonics Holdings (NYSEAMERICAN SENS)
No headlines for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Senseonics Holdings (NYSEAMERICAN SENS) Chart for Monday, November, 20, 2017