About Accuray Incorporated (NASDAQ:ARAY)
Accuray Incorporated is a radiation oncology company. The Company develops, manufactures and markets medical devices used in radiation therapy for the treatment of cancer patients. Its products include the CyberKnife Systems, the TomoTherapy Systems, and the Radixact Delivery Treatment Platform. Its technologies, the CyberKnife and TomoTherapy Systems, are designed to deliver treatments, including stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS), stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT), intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT), image guided radiation therapy (IGRT) and adaptive radiation therapy. The CyberKnife Systems are robotic systems that are used to treat various types of cancer and tumors throughout the body. The CyberKnife Systems track, detect and correct for tumor and patient movement in real-time during the procedure. The TomoTherapy Systems include the TomoTherapy H Series with configuration options of TomoH, TomoHD and TomoHDA.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Medical
- Industry: Advanced Medical Equipment & Technology
- Sub-Industry: Health Care Equipment
- Symbol: NASDAQ:ARAY
- CUSIP: 00439710
- Web: www.accuray.com
- Market Cap: $360.15 million
- Outstanding Shares: 83,179,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $4.25
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $4.33
- 52 Week Range: $3.60 - $6.00
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -86.00
- P/E Growth: 0.08
- Annual Revenue: $383.41 million
- Price / Sales: 0.93
- Book Value: $0.56 per share
- Price / Book: 7.68
- EBITDA: $640,996.00
- Net Margins: -7.71%
- Return on Equity: -61.62%
- Return on Assets: -7.12%
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: 1.11%
- Current Ratio: 1.09%
- Quick Ratio: 0.72%
- Average Volume: 560,692 shs.
- Beta: 1.21
- Short Ratio: 11.88
Frequently Asked Questions for Accuray Incorporated (NASDAQ:ARAY)
What is Accuray Incorporated's stock symbol?
Accuray Incorporated trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "ARAY."
How were Accuray Incorporated's earnings last quarter?
Accuray Incorporated (NASDAQ:ARAY) posted its earnings results on Tuesday, August, 22nd. The company reported ($0.06) EPS for the quarter, missing the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of ($0.01) by $0.05. The business had revenue of $112.09 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $112 million. Accuray Incorporated had a negative return on equity of 61.62% and a negative net margin of 7.71%. The company's quarterly revenue was up 18.0% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the previous year, the company earned ($0.09) earnings per share. View Accuray Incorporated's Earnings History.
When will Accuray Incorporated make its next earnings announcement?
Where is Accuray Incorporated's stock going? Where will Accuray Incorporated's stock price be in 2017?
5 brokers have issued twelve-month price objectives for Accuray Incorporated's shares. Their predictions range from $5.00 to $7.00. On average, they anticipate Accuray Incorporated's share price to reach $6.00 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for Accuray Incorporated.
What are analysts saying about Accuray Incorporated stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Accuray Incorporated stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Over the past year, Accuray has underperformed the broader industry with respect to price. Accuray reported wider-than-expected loss in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2017, primarily due to lackluster performance in the service revenue segment. The company issued solid fiscal 2018 guidance. Of the recent developments, orders for the latest Radixact System, solid revenue performance in APAC and Japanese regulatory approval for Radixact are key positives in our view. However, unfavorable product mix, declining service revenues, sluggish macro economic conditions and pricing headwinds are major concerns. Notably, China and Europe saw sluggish revenues in the fourth quarter. Accuray’s significant international presence helps broaden its customer base. However, fluctuations in currency exchange rates, particularly with a strong dollar, will continue to adversely impact the company’s backlog and top line." (9/19/2017)
- 2. BTIG Research analysts commented, "Results: In-Line Revenue with Soft Net Orders; Neutral ARAY’s results the past few years seem to reflect a company hampered by its positioning with low market share, missed guidance, delays by the Chinese government and a tough capital structure that is trying to do all that it can to reaccelerate growth. Our concern is that continued single digit growth with lumpy orders and some quarterly revenue misses just doesn’t excite investors and we are not sure what will accelerate growth meaningfully. We applaud new product innovation and focus on consistent results. With guidance reset earlier in the year, ARAY reported in-line rev but the conversion from orders has taken longer than expected with some geographic softness. ARAY is attempting to increase growth through multiple new products such as Radixact, OnRad, Precision Treatment Planning, and iDMS Data Management. We believe this may help but at the end of the day past execution keeps us at Neutral. FY18 guidance calls for revenue of $390M – $400M (2% – 4%) and gross order growth of 5%. Both seem reasonable but also not layups. We will continue to watch for more consistency and stronger growth that would bring investors back into the story." (8/24/2017)
- 3. Aegis analysts commented, "The company has been successful in shifting gears to the smaller vault centers, re-positioning TomoTherapy as a work horse machine. Accuray has moved outside of the niche high-end large academic centers into the broader single- and dual-vault centers, with single- and dual-vault centers now accounting for 50% of new TomoTherapy orders (up from 0% in 2012).He added, "Radixact, the next-generation TomoTherapy platform, was approved for 510k in June (CE Mark in Aug) and brings ARAY up to par with Varian's TrueBeam and Elekta's Axesse machines. Radixact adds higher output dosing along with integrated treatment planning (Precision') and data management (iDMS') systems that will increase the ease and speed of systems, and should have its full launch in time for ARAYs first major replacement cycle. The reliability issues previously associated with TomoTherapy are now behind them, and Tomo is consistantly ranked #1 in overall system performance by ServiceTrak." (2/6/2017)
Who are some of Accuray Incorporated's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Accuray Incorporated include Pacific Biosciences of California (PACB), GenMark Diagnostics (GNMK), ViewRay (VRAY), Corindus Vascular Robotics (CVRS), Cogentix Medical (CGNT), Cytosorbents Corporation (CTSO), Harvard Bioscience (HBIO), Neovasc (NVCN), IRIDEX Corporation (IRIX), Viveve Medical (VIVE), Edap Tms S.A. (EDAP), Presbia PLC (LENS), Fulgent Genetic (FLGT), Electromed (ELMD), Biolase (BIOL), Invivo Therapeutics Holdings Corp (NVIV), Digirad Corporation (DRAD) and Luna Innovations Incorporated (LUNA).
Who are Accuray Incorporated's key executives?
Accuray Incorporated's management team includes the folowing people:
- Louis J. Lavigne Jr., Independent Chairperson of the Board
- Joshua H. Levine, President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Elizabeth H. Davila, Independent Vice Chairperson of the Board
- Kevin Waters, Chief Financial Officer, Senior Vice President
- Alaleh Nouri, Senior Vice President, General Counsel, Corporate Secretary
- Lionel Hadjadjeba, Senior Vice President, Chief Commercial Officer
- Andy Kirkpatrick, Senior Vice President - Global Operations
- Shig Hamamatsu, Vice President, Finance and Chief Accounting Officer, Principal Accounting Officer
- Jack Goldstein Ph.D., Independent Director
- Richard R. Pettingill, Independent Director
How do I buy Accuray Incorporated stock?
Shares of Accuray Incorporated can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Accuray Incorporated's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for Accuray Incorporated (NASDAQ ARAY)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Accuray Incorporated and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of Accuray Incorporated stock can currently be purchased for approximately $4.30.
Consensus Ratings for Accuray Incorporated (NASDAQ:ARAY) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||3 Hold Ratings, 2 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Hold (Score: 2.40)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$6.00 (39.53% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for Accuray Incorporated (NASDAQ:ARAY)
Analysts' Ratings History for Accuray Incorporated (NASDAQ:ARAY)
(Data available from 10/22/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|8/24/2017||BTIG Research||Reiterated Rating||Hold||Medium|
|8/24/2017||Royal Bank Of Canada||Reiterated Rating||Hold||$5.00||Low|
|8/23/2017||Jefferies Group LLC||Lower Price Target||Buy||$7.00 -> $6.00||Low|
|12/14/2016||J P Morgan Chase & Co||Downgrade||Overweight -> Neutral||$8.00 -> $6.00||N/A|
|9/13/2016||Cowen and Company||Initiated Coverage||Outperform||$9.00||N/A|
|8/18/2016||Morgan Stanley||Set Price Target||Hold||$8.00||N/A|
|5/22/2016||Brean Capital||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$12.00||N/A|
|11/12/2015||Citigroup Inc.||Initiated Coverage||Sell||N/A|
Earnings History for Accuray Incorporated (NASDAQ:ARAY)Earnings History by Quarter for Accuray Incorporated (NASDAQ ARAY)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|8/22/2017||6/30/2017||($0.01)||($0.06)||$112.00 million||$112.09 million||View||N/A|
|4/27/2017||Q3 2017||$0.01||($0.06)||$110.23 million||$97.31 million||View||N/A|
|1/31/2017||Q217||($0.09)||($0.11)||$93.74 million||$87.50 million||View||Listen|
|10/27/2016||Q117||($0.10)||($0.12)||$37.34 million||$86.50 million||View||Listen|
|8/17/2016||Q316||($0.07)||($0.09)||$98.97 million||$95.00 million||View||Listen|
|4/26/2016||Q316||($0.06)||$0.01||$102.79 million||$105.30 million||View||Listen|
|1/28/2016||Q216||($0.08)||($0.08)||$101.15 million||$108.90 million||View||Listen|
|10/29/2015||Q116||($0.14)||($0.12)||$88.60 million||$89.60 million||View||Listen|
|8/20/2015||Q415||($0.04)||($0.07)||$102.41 million||$101.80 million||View||Listen|
|4/30/2015||Q315||($0.06)||($0.04)||$102.72 million||$97.50 million||View||Listen|
|1/27/2015||Q215||($0.08)||($0.13)||$98.87 million||$98.20 million||View||Listen|
|10/29/2014||Q115||($0.13)||($0.28)||$88.90 million||$82.40 million||View||Listen|
|8/21/2014||Q414||($0.07)||($0.13)||$92.23 million||$102.00 million||View||Listen|
|4/30/2014||Q314||($0.16)||($0.06)||$82.00 million||$97.10 million||View||Listen|
|1/30/2014||Q214||($0.20)||($0.07)||$80.20 million||$93.60 million||View||Listen|
|11/7/2013||Q114||($0.20)||($0.21)||$79.67 million||$76.60 million||View||Listen|
|8/27/2013||Q4 2013||($0.20)||($0.20)||$82.29 million||$84.90 million||View||Listen|
|5/7/2013||Q3 2013||($0.22)||($0.37)||$77.97 million||$70.55 million||View||Listen|
|2/6/2013||Q2 2013||($0.33)||($0.30)||$74.23 million||$77.80 million||View||Listen|
|11/7/2012||Q113||($0.22)||($0.23)||$85.41 million||$83.00 million||View||N/A|
|9/6/2012||Q412||($0.12)||($0.20)||$106.92 million||$100.50 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Accuray Incorporated (NASDAQ:ARAY)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($0.12)
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($0.19)
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Accuray Incorporated (NASDAQ:ARAY)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for Accuray Incorporated (NASDAQ:ARAY)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 3.90%Insider Trades by Quarter for Accuray Incorporated (NASDAQ:ARAY)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 76.66%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|10/4/2017||Kelly Londy||COO||Sell||99,136||$4.24||$420,336.64|| |
|11/9/2015||Joshua Levine||CEO||Buy||50,000||$7.12||$356,000.00|| |
|2/2/2015||Alaleh Nouri||SVP||Sell||5,164||$7.38||$38,110.32|| |
|11/30/2014||Alaleh Nouri||SVP||Sell||268||$6.62||$1,774.16|| |
|11/30/2014||Kelly Londy||EVP||Sell||2,273||$6.62||$15,047.26|| |
|11/3/2014||Joshua Levine||CEO||Buy||100,000||$6.34||$634,000.00|| |
|5/6/2014||Joshua Levine||CEO||Buy||50,000||$8.15||$407,500.00|| |
|2/4/2014||Richard Pettingill||Director||Buy||9,795||$10.33||$101,182.35|| |
|12/4/2013||Jack Goldstein||Director||Sell||7,000||$7.70||$53,900.00|| |
|12/3/2013||Elizabeth Davila||Director||Sell||8,000||$7.74||$61,920.00|| |
|9/4/2013||Darren J Milliken||SVP||Sell||11,002||$6.53||$71,843.06|| |
|3/5/2013||Dennis L Winger||Director||Buy||20,000||$4.30||$86,000.00|| |
|2/13/2013||Joshua Levine||CEO||Buy||100,000||$4.38||$438,000.00|| |
Headline Trends for Accuray Incorporated (NASDAQ:ARAY)
Latest Headlines for Accuray Incorporated (NASDAQ:ARAY)
Loading headlines, please wait.
Accuray Incorporated (ARAY) Chart for Sunday, October, 22, 2017