About Check Point Software Technologies (CHKP)
Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. (Check point) develops, markets and supports a range of products and services for information technology (IT) security. The Company's products and services are sold to enterprises, service providers, small and medium sized businesses and consumers. It offers enterprises a platform to deploy independent, modular and interoperable security applications (Software Blades), such as firewall, virtual private network (VPN), intrusion prevention system (IPS), Application Control, Anti-Bot, antivirus, data loss prevention (DLP), policy management, event analysis or multi-domain management. The Company offers Software Blades grouped into functional packages to address specific security issues. It has product offerings under these packages, which include Next Generation Firewall, Next Generation Threat Prevention, Next Generation Secure Web Gateway and Next Generation Data Protection.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Security Software & Services
- Sub-Industry: N/A
- Exchange: NASDAQ
- Symbol: CHKP
- CUSIP: N/A
- Previous Close: $104.01
- 50 Day Moving Average: $102.82
- 200 Day Moving Average: $92.33
- 52-Week Range: $74.34 - $105.73
- Trailing P/E Ratio: 24.12
- Foreward P/E Ratio: 18.38
- P/E Growth: 2.01
- Market Cap: $17.17B
- Outstanding Shares: 167,220,000
- Beta: 0.87
- Net Margins: 41.63%
- Return on Equity: 21.19%
- Return on Assets: 14.57%
- Current Ratio: 1.62%
- Quick Ratio: 1.53%
Companies Related to Check Point Software Technologies:
Earnings History for Check Point Software Technologies (NASDAQ:CHKP)Earnings History by Quarter for Check Point Software Technologies (NASDAQ:CHKP)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|4/18/2017|| || || || || || || || |
|4/27/2017||3/31/2017||$1.07||$1.10||$432.41 million||$435.50 million||View||N/A|
|1/19/2017||Q416||$1.25||$1.46||$478.07 million||$487.00 million||View||Listen|
|10/31/2016||Q316||$0.97||$1.13||$422.79 million||$428.00 million||View||Listen|
|7/26/2016||Q216||$1.07||$1.09||$422.19 million||$423.00 million||View||Listen|
|4/20/2016||Q116||$1.03||$1.06||$404.37 million||$404.00 million||View||Listen|
|1/28/2016||Q415||$1.15||$1.20||$457.08 million||$458.00 million||View||Listen|
|10/26/2015||Q315||$0.98||$0.94||$402.96 million||$404.00 million||View||Listen|
|7/22/2015||Q215||$0.87||$0.99||$392.55 million||$395.00 million||View||Listen|
|4/20/2015||Q115||$0.91||$0.95||$370.28 million||$372.58 million||View||N/A|
|1/29/2015||Q414||$0.98||$0.98||$416.13 million||$420.60 million||View||N/A|
|10/23/2014||Q314||$0.83||$0.93||$367.10 million||$370.00 million||View||Listen|
|7/23/2014||Q214||$0.87||$0.89||$359.37 million||$363.00 million||View||N/A|
|4/29/2014||Q114||$0.78||$0.84||$341.92 million||$342.00 million||View||N/A|
|1/28/2014||Q413||$0.95||$0.98||$383.43 million||$387.10 million||View||Listen|
|10/21/2013||Q313||$0.84||$0.85||$343.62 million||$344.10 million||View||Listen|
|7/18/2013||Q2 2013||$0.81||$0.83||$337.22 million||$340.20 million||View||Listen|
|4/22/2013||Q1 2013||$0.78||$0.79||$328.20 million||$322.70 million||View||N/A|
|1/23/2013||Q4 2012||$0.88||$0.91||$373.66 million||$368.60 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for Check Point Software Technologies (NASDAQ:CHKP)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: $4.49
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for Check Point Software Technologies (NASDAQ:CHKP)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading History for Check Point Software Technologies (NASDAQ:CHKP)
No insider trades for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Headline Trends for Check Point Software Technologies (NASDAQ:CHKP)
Latest Headlines for Check Point Software Technologies (NASDAQ:CHKP)
Frequently Asked Questions for Check Point Software Technologies (NASDAQ:CHKP)
What is Check Point Software Technologies' stock symbol?
Check Point Software Technologies trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "CHKP."
How were Check Point Software Technologies' earnings last quarter?
Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. (NASDAQ:CHKP) released its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, April, 27th. The company reported $1.10 EPS for the quarter, topping the consensus estimate of $1.07 by $0.03. The business earned $435.50 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $432.41 million. Check Point Software Technologies had a net margin of 41.63% and a return on equity of 21.19%. The company's quarterly revenue was up 7.7% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the prior year, the firm earned $1.06 earnings per share.
When will Check Point Software Technologies make its next earnings announcement?
Check Point Software Technologies is scheduled to release their next quarterly earnings announcement on Tuesday, April, 18th 2017.
What guidance has Check Point Software Technologies issued on next quarter's earnings?
Check Point Software Technologies issued an update on its FY17 earnings guidance on Thursday, April, 27th. The company provided earnings per share (EPS) guidance of $5.05-5.25 for the period, compared to the Thomson Reuters consensus earnings per share estimate of $5.18. The company issued revenue guidance of $1.85-1.90 billion, compared to the consensus revenue estimate of $1.87 billion.Check Point Software Technologies also updated its Q2 guidance to $1.17-1.25 EPS.
Where is Check Point Software Technologies' stock going? Where will Check Point Software Technologies' stock price be in 2017?
29 brokers have issued 12-month price targets for Check Point Software Technologies' stock. Their forecasts range from $83.00 to $118.00. On average, they expect Check Point Software Technologies' stock price to reach $104.41 in the next year.
What are analysts saying about Check Point Software Technologies stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Check Point Software Technologies stock:
- 1. Robert W. Baird analysts commented, "We view the recent product updates as a positive and would look for increased traction to get more constructive on the shares. FQ1 results. Revenue of $435 million was up 8% YoY and slightly above consensus of $432 million. Non-GAAP EPS of $1.20 was also modestly above consensus of $1.18. Non-GAAP operating profit of 53.5% was down 120bps QoQ and 180 bps YoY due to increases in R&D and, more so, S&M. FQ2 guidance. Management expects FQ2 revenue/non-GAAP EPS in the range of $440-$465 million/$1.17-$1.25; roughly in line with consensus of $454 million/$1.23." (4/27/2017)
- 2. Stifel Nicolaus analysts commented, "Prior to the market open on Thursday, January 19, Check Point Software Technologies released 4Q16 results that came in meaningfully ahead of Street expectations across all major financial metrics. Strong demand for Check Point's new family of appliances (which now makes up >85% of appliance revenue) persisted through Q4, driving a sequential acceleration in software blades revenue growth and a sequential re-acceleration in appliance revenue growth, a metric that both we and the Street expected to decelerate during the period. However, it remains unclear the degree to which new customer acquisitions have contributed to this growth (the company has not provided any specific data regarding this), leading us to conservatively conclude that this growth in newer appliances is being sourced primarily from existing customers transitioning away from legacy deployments. Additionally, management noted that while its utilization of discounting on maintenance contracts slowed to a degree during the period, it did continue through year-end, a trend that we believe could limit growth in maintenance revenues through 1H17, at a minimum. We reiterate our Hold rating but are raising our target price to $94 on common shares of Check Point." (1/20/2017)
- 3. Instinet analysts commented, "Check Point announced 4Q'16 results, with billings growth of 12% yoy, above our estimate and above the 7% growth in the September quarter on a tougher yoy compare. We continue to have longer-term concerns about competitive pressures in the network security market, but we believe Check Point will be able to continue to report yoy billings growth in the mid- to high-single-digit range given its large and sticky installed base as well as its ability to be a fast follower of new security trends. We maintain our Buy rating on an attractive uFCF yield of near 9% on CY'18E numbers. FY17E EPS from $5.01 to $5.25; FY18E EPS from $5.55 to $5.85." (1/20/2017)
- 4. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Check Point is a provider of information technology (IT) security solutions across the world. The stock price has outperformed the broader market over the last six months. The outperformance can be attributed to upward estimate revisions. Going forward, we believe that the rapid adoption of Check Point’s data center appliances and continuous enhancements in data center product lines will provide ample support to its top line. The company’s focus on enhancing mobile capabilities will aid it to tap greater larger opportunities. Furthermore, Check Point’s strategy of growing through acquisitions is praiseworthy." (1/12/2017)
Are investors shorting Check Point Software Technologies?
Check Point Software Technologies saw a increase in short interest in March. As of March 31st, there was short interest totalling 6,548,869 shares, an increase of 3.6% from the March 15th total of 6,318,519 shares. Based on an average daily volume of 1,027,084 shares, the days-to-cover ratio is presently 6.4 days.
Who owns Check Point Software Technologies stock?
Check Point Software Technologies' stock is owned by a number of of retail and institutional investors. Top institutional investors include Harding Loevner LP (3.33%), Wells Fargo & Company MN (0.87%), Jennison Associates LLC (0.58%), Acadian Asset Management LLC (0.42%), PGGM Investments (0.21%) and Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (0.17%).
Who sold Check Point Software Technologies stock? Who is selling Check Point Software Technologies stock?
Check Point Software Technologies' stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Russell Investments Group Ltd., Greenleaf Trust, Intermede Investment Partners Ltd, Jennison Associates LLC, Wells Fargo & Company MN, PGGM Investments, Penn Davis Mcfarland Inc. and BTIM Corp..
Who bought Check Point Software Technologies stock? Who is buying Check Point Software Technologies stock?
Check Point Software Technologies' stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Harding Loevner LP, Acadian Asset Management LLC, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, Welch & Forbes LLC, Capital Advisors Inc. OK, Nepsis Capital Management Inc., State of Alaska Department of Revenue and Baldwin Brothers Inc. MA.
How do I buy Check Point Software Technologies stock?
Shares of Check Point Software Technologies can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
How much does a share of Check Point Software Technologies stock cost?
One share of Check Point Software Technologies stock can currently be purchased for approximately $104.01.
Check Point Software Technologies (CHKP) Chart for Saturday, April, 29, 2017