8x8, Inc. provides cloud-based, enterprise-class software solutions. The Company's solutions are delivered through Software as a Service (SaaS) business model. Its segments include Americas and Europe. Its software platform brings together cloud, mobile, collaboration, video and data science technologies. Through a combination of open application program interface (API) and pre-built integrations, its solutions leverage critical customer context from internal data systems and customer relationship management (CRM) systems. Its software product, branded as 8x8 Virtual Office, delivers voice as a service across the world. 8x8 Virtual Office enables a customer to use a single business phone number to place and receive calls from any supported device. It provides software to enable a multi-channel contact center under the 8x8 Virtual Contact Center brand. Its Virtual Office Meetings software solution is a tool for teams within the enterprise to meet and collaborate on a shared project.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Trailing P/E RatioN/A
Forward P/E RatioN/A
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$253.39 million
Price / Sales7.38
Cash Flow$0.1662 per share
Price / Cash120.92
Book Value$3.17 per share
Price / Book6.34
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)N/A
Return on Equity0.03%
Return on Assets0.03%
8X8 (NASDAQ:EGHT) Frequently Asked Questions
What is 8X8's stock symbol?
8X8 trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "EGHT."
How will 8X8's stock buyback program work?
8X8 declared that its Board of Directors has initiated a stock repurchase program on Sunday, June 4th 2017, which authorizes the company to buyback $25,000,000.00 in shares, according to EventVestor. This buyback authorization authorizes the company to purchase up to 28% of its stock through open market purchases. Stock buyback programs are usually a sign that the company's board believes its shares are undervalued.
How were 8X8's earnings last quarter?
8x8, Inc. (NASDAQ:EGHT) issued its earnings results on Thursday, May, 24th. The technology company reported ($0.03) earnings per share for the quarter, topping the Zacks' consensus estimate of ($0.05) by $0.02. The technology company had revenue of $79.30 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $76.97 million. 8X8 had a negative net margin of 2.56% and a positive return on equity of 0.03%. The firm's quarterly revenue was up 19.2% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter in the prior year, the company earned $0.05 EPS. View 8X8's Earnings History.
When is 8X8's next earnings date?
What price target have analysts set for EGHT?
11 brokerages have issued twelve-month price targets for 8X8's shares. Their predictions range from $15.00 to $25.00. On average, they anticipate 8X8's share price to reach $20.50 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for 8X8.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about 8X8 stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about 8X8 stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "8x8, Inc. is the provider of the world's first Communications Cloud that combines unified communications, team collaboration interoperability, contact center and real-time analytics in a single open platform that integrates across clouds, applications and devices, eliminating information silos to expose vital, real-time intelligence. 8x8, Inc. reduces complexity, cost, improve individual, team productivity, performance, and enhance the overall customer experience. 8x8 ensures high reliability and business continuity by delivering its cloud-based communications through the use of secure, fully redundant data centers. 8x8 communications are designed with built-in redundancy and no single point of failure. This highly secure, top-tier data centers are located in geographically dispersed sites across the globe. These data centers are SSAE 16 audited and provide automatic and transparent failover to prevent disruptions in service. " (6/1/2018)
- 2. William Blair analysts commented, "We like the acquisition as it brings key automation and “customer journey” technology to 8×8 and its single platform for communications and customer engagement (contact center), pegs 8×8’s platform right alongside other cloud-based marketing and sales automation tools (an interesting direction for the company), and likely enhances the long-term value of the company . Single cloud platform for customer engagement. 8×8’s CTO and chairman of the board, Bryan Martin, gave a motivating speech at the Channel Partners conference last month, stating that “data is the new IT currency” and labeling 8×8 as a “big data company ." (5/16/2018)
Who are 8X8's key executives?
8X8's management team includes the folowing people:
- Bryan R. Martin, Chairman of the Board, Chief Technology Officer (Age 49)
- Vikram Verma, Chief Executive Officer, Director (Age 52)
- Mary Ellen P. Genovese, Chief Financial Officer (Age 58)
- Amelia Generalis, Senior Vice President - Human Resources (Age 46)
- Darren J. Hakeman, Senior Vice President - Product & Strategy (Age 47)
- Rani Hublou, Chief Marketing Officer
- Guy L. Hecker Jr., Lead Independent Director (Age 85)
- Vladimir Jacimovic, Independent Director (Age 53)
- Ian Potter, Independent Director (Age 52)
- Jaswinder Pal Singh, Independent Director (Age 51)
Has 8X8 been receiving favorable news coverage?
Press coverage about EGHT stock has trended somewhat positive on Monday, Accern Sentiment reports. The research firm rates the sentiment of news coverage by analyzing more than twenty million news and blog sources. Accern ranks coverage of publicly-traded companies on a scale of -1 to 1, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. 8X8 earned a daily sentiment score of 0.01 on Accern's scale. They also assigned news coverage about the technology company an impact score of 44.86 out of 100, indicating that recent news coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the company's share price in the next several days.
Who are 8X8's major shareholders?
8X8's stock is owned by many different of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include BlackRock Inc. (12.45%), Point72 Asset Management L.P. (2.51%), Stephens Investment Management Group LLC (2.08%), Massachusetts Financial Services Co. MA (1.91%), Kornitzer Capital Management Inc. KS (1.75%) and FIL Ltd (1.49%). Company insiders that own 8X8 stock include Bryan R Martin, Darren J Hakeman, Dejan Deklich, Eric Salzman, Mary Ellen P Genovese and Vikram Verma. View Institutional Ownership Trends for 8X8.
Which institutional investors are selling 8X8 stock?
EGHT stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including State of Wisconsin Investment Board, Stephens Investment Management Group LLC, A.R.T. Advisors LLC, GSA Capital Partners LLP, FIL Ltd, Profund Advisors LLC, American International Group Inc. and California Public Employees Retirement System. Company insiders that have sold 8X8 company stock in the last year include Bryan R Martin, Darren J Hakeman and Dejan Deklich. View Insider Buying and Selling for 8X8.
Which institutional investors are buying 8X8 stock?
EGHT stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Massachusetts Financial Services Co. MA, Alkeon Capital Management LLC, Park West Asset Management LLC, Point72 Asset Management L.P., Intrinsic Edge Capital Management LLC, Westfield Capital Management Co. LP, BlackRock Inc. and Segall Bryant & Hamill LLC. Company insiders that have bought 8X8 stock in the last two years include Mary Ellen P Genovese and Vikram Verma. View Insider Buying and Selling for 8X8.
How do I buy shares of 8X8?
Shares of EGHT can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is 8X8's stock price today?
One share of EGHT stock can currently be purchased for approximately $20.10.
How big of a company is 8X8?
8X8 has a market capitalization of $1.78 billion and generates $253.39 million in revenue each year. 8X8 employs 1,019 workers across the globe.
How can I contact 8X8?
8X8's mailing address is 2125 Onel Dr, SAN JOSE, CA 95131-2032, United States. The technology company can be reached via phone at +1-408-7271885 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for 8X8 (EGHT)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about 8X8 and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe EGHT will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe EGHT will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.