About 8x8 (NASDAQ:EGHT)
8x8, Inc. provides cloud-based, enterprise-class software solutions. The Company's solutions are delivered through Software as a Service (SaaS) business model. Its segments include Americas and Europe. Its software platform brings together cloud, mobile, collaboration, video and data science technologies. Through a combination of open application program interface (API) and pre-built integrations, its solutions leverage critical customer context from internal data systems and customer relationship management (CRM) systems. Its software product, branded as 8x8 Virtual Office, delivers voice as a service across the world. 8x8 Virtual Office enables a customer to use a single business phone number to place and receive calls from any supported device. It provides software to enable a multi-channel contact center under the 8x8 Virtual Contact Center brand. Its Virtual Office Meetings software solution is a tool for teams within the enterprise to meet and collaborate on a shared project.
Industry, Sector and Symbol:
- Sector: Computer and Technology
- Industry: Integrated Telecommunications Services
- Sub-Industry: Alternative Carriers
- Symbol: NASDAQ:EGHT
- CUSIP: 28291410
- Web: www.8x8.com
- Market Cap: $1.13868 billion
- Outstanding Shares: 91,829,000
- 50 Day Moving Avg: $13.60
- 200 Day Moving Avg: $13.86
- 52 Week Range: $10.30 - $16.80
Sales & Book Value:
- Trailing P/E Ratio: N/A
- Foreward P/E Ratio: -137.78
- P/E Growth: -9.07
- Annual Revenue: $262.45 million
- Price / Sales: 4.34
- Book Value: $3.40 per share
- Price / Book: 3.65
- EBITDA: ($391,000.00)
- Net Margins: -2.44%
- Return on Equity: 1.38%
- Return on Assets: 1.20%
- Current Ratio: 4.35%
- Quick Ratio: 4.35%
- Average Volume: 714,869 shs.
- Beta: 0.37
- Short Ratio: 2.72
Frequently Asked Questions for 8x8 (NASDAQ:EGHT)
What is 8x8's stock symbol?
8x8 trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "EGHT."
How will 8x8's stock buyback program work?
8x8 announced that its Board of Directors has approved a share buyback plan on Sunday, June 4th 2017, which allows the company to buyback $25,000,000.00 in shares, according to EventVestor. This buyback authorization allows the company to reacquire up to 28% of its stock through open market purchases. Stock buyback plans are generally a sign that the company's management believes its stock is undervalued.
How were 8x8's earnings last quarter?
8x8 Inc (NASDAQ:EGHT) posted its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, July, 27th. The company reported $0.02 earnings per share for the quarter, missing the Zacks' consensus estimate of $0.03 by $0.01. The firm had revenue of $69.10 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $68.65 million. 8x8 had a positive return on equity of 1.38% and a negative net margin of 2.44%. 8x8's revenue for the quarter was up 15.1% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the prior year, the business posted $0.04 earnings per share. View 8x8's Earnings History.
When will 8x8 make its next earnings announcement?
Where is 8x8's stock going? Where will 8x8's stock price be in 2017?
10 equities research analysts have issued 12 month target prices for 8x8's stock. Their predictions range from $14.00 to $24.00. On average, they anticipate 8x8's share price to reach $17.44 in the next twelve months. View Analyst Ratings for 8x8.
What are analysts saying about 8x8 stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about 8x8 stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "8x8, Inc. provides cloud-based, enterprise-class software solutions. The Company's solutions are delivered through Software as a Service (SaaS) business model. Its software platform brings together cloud, mobile, collaboration, video and data science technologies. It provides 8x8 Virtual Office, a voice as a service with a robust business feature set; 8x8 Virtual Office Pro software that enables employees and workgroups to communicate with each other using chat or text messages sent via the short message service; and 8x8 Virtual Contact Center, a voice, chat, voicemail, and email call center. The company integrates its services with third-party applications and platforms, including enterprise resource planning, customer relations management, human capital management, and other proprietary application suites. It markets its services to end users through direct sales force, Website, and channel partners. " (10/17/2017)
- 2. William Blair analysts commented, "We argued (with our recent downgrade) that based on tough comps and slowing bookings growth from the midmarket/enterprise segment, the company will either need to lower its service revenue growth projections or step up its operating expenses to achieve the magic number (investor expectations) of 20% growth for fiscal 2018. 8×8 has chosen the latter by planning to significantly ratchet up R&D and sales and marketing spending over the next three quarters. It appears the company is attempting to augment its go-to-market strategy amid what we believe is growing competition from both public and small private UCaaS players. According to management, channel is the fastest growing segment at roughly 80%, with 6 out of the top 10 deals in the quarter coming from it. Most of the incremental spending will focus on building out the channel. Management will need to grapple, however, with high channel acquisition costs and sales commissions, which according to our field surveys continue to rise. Case in point, sales commissions to the channel exceeded management expectations this quarter. Given new guidance, we are modeling operating expenses to grow 28% year-over-year in fiscal 2018 and 17% in 2019, while we model revenue to grow 16% in both years." (7/30/2017)
- 3. Needham & Company LLC analysts commented, "We continue to like EGHT's position as a pure-play, onestop UCaaS/CCaaS/Analytics player, shifting toward the higher-ARPU, lower-churn mid-market/enterprise and building out a global footrprint. In its F3Q17, EGHT delivered strong Service revenue growth and bottom line upside reflecting strong underlying business momentum and success in its mid-market push. We think the broadening of the company's portfolio with class leading, cloud-based products, and the buildout of a global service delivery and support platform provides the company with a compelling growth opportunity, enhanced by the recent challenges of erstwhile industry leader Avaya. We maintain our Buy rating while bumping up our PT to $18 (was $17), or 4.6x EV/C2018 as we initiate our F19 estimates and shift out our base year" (1/26/2017)
Who are some of 8x8's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to 8x8 include Talktalk Telecom Group PLC (TALK), Frontier Communications Corporation (FTR), ATN International (ATNI), Cincinnati Bell (CBB), KCOM Group PLC (KCOM), IDT Corporation (IDT), Manx Telecom PLC (MANX), Maintel Holdings plc (MAI), Black Box Corporation (BBOX), Satellite Solutions Worldwide Group PLC (SAT), BT Group plc (BT.A), Cable and Wireless Communications Plc (CWC), Colt Group SA (COLT), FairPoint Communications (FRP), Inteliquent (IQNT), Neustar (NSR), NTS (NTS) and Oi SA (OIBR).
Who are 8x8's key executives?
8x8's management team includes the folowing people:
- Bryan R. Martin, Chairman of the Board, Chief Technology Officer
- Vikram Verma, Chief Executive Officer, Director
- Mary Ellen P. Genovese, Chief Financial Officer
- Puneet Arora, Senior Vice President - Global Sales
- Darren J. Hakeman, Senior Vice President - Product & Strategy
- Rani Hublou, Chief Marketing Officer
- Guy L. Hecker Jr., Lead Independent Director
- Vladimir Jacimovic, Independent Director
- Ian Potter, Independent Director
- Jaswinder Pal Singh, Independent Director
Who owns 8x8 stock?
8x8's stock is owned by a variety of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional shareholders include Fisher Asset Management LLC (0.29%). Company insiders that own 8x8 stock include Bryan R Martin, Eric Salzman, Mary Ellen P Genovese and Vikram Verma. View Institutional Ownership Trends for 8x8.
Who bought 8x8 stock? Who is buying 8x8 stock?
8x8's stock was bought by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Fisher Asset Management LLC. Company insiders that have bought 8x8 stock in the last two years include Mary Ellen P Genovese and Vikram Verma. View Insider Buying and Selling for 8x8.
How do I buy 8x8 stock?
Shares of 8x8 can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is 8x8's stock price today?
MarketBeat Community Rating for 8x8 (NASDAQ EGHT)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about 8x8 and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe the stock will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe the stock will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.
One share of 8x8 stock can currently be purchased for approximately $12.40.
Consensus Ratings for 8x8 (NASDAQ:EGHT) (How are Consensus Ratings Calculated?)
MarketBeat calculates consensus ratings using the most recent rating from each brokerage that has rated a stock within the last twelve months. Since brokers often use different ratings systems, each rating is normalized to a standardized rating score of 1 (sell), 2 (hold), 3 (buy) or 4 (strong buy). Consensus ratings scores are calculated using the mean average of the number of normalized sell, hold, buy and strong buy ratings. Each stock's consensus rating is derived from its calculated consensus ratings score (0-1.5 = Sell, 1.5-2.5 = Hold, 2.5-3.5 = Buy, >3.5 = Strong Buy). MarketBeat's consensus price targets are a mean average of the most recent available price targets set by each analyst that has set a price target for the stock in the last twelve months.
MarketBeat will no longer include ratings and price target data in its consensus calculation if a broker drops coverage and MarketBeat has received a report that coverage was dropped. Ratings from certain research firms that issue ratings using purely quantitative methods (such as Zacks, Vetr and ValuEngine) are not included in consensus calculations. MarketBeat's consensus ratings and consensus price targets may differ from those calculated by other firms due to differences in methodology and available data.
|Ratings Breakdown: ||4 Hold Ratings, 6 Buy Ratings|
|Consensus Rating:||Buy (Score: 2.60)|
|Consensus Price Target: ||$17.44 (40.68% upside)|Consensus Price Target History for 8x8 (NASDAQ:EGHT)
Analysts' Ratings History for 8x8 (NASDAQ:EGHT)
(Data available from 10/22/2015 forward)
|Date||Firm||Action||Rating||Price Target||Impact on Share Price||Details|
|7/30/2017||William Blair||Reiterated Rating||Hold||Low|
|7/29/2017||B. Riley||Reiterated Rating||Neutral||$14.00||Low|
|7/28/2017||Craig Hallum||Downgrade||Buy -> Hold||$19.00 -> $15.00||High|
|7/28/2017||Northland Securities||Set Price Target||Buy||$18.00||High|
|5/30/2017||Deutsche Bank AG||Boost Price Target||Buy||$23.00 -> $24.00||Low|
|5/23/2017||Dougherty & Co||Lower Price Target||Buy -> Buy||$18.00 -> $16.00||High|
|4/11/2017||Morgan Stanley||Initiated Coverage||Equal -> Equal Weight||$17.00||Low|
|1/26/2017||Barclays PLC||Boost Price Target||Overweight||$17.00 -> $18.00||N/A|
|1/26/2017||Needham & Company LLC||Boost Price Target||Buy||$17.00 -> $18.00||N/A|
|12/12/2016||Robert W. Baird||Upgrade||Neutral -> Outperform||$15.00 -> $17.00||N/A|
|6/30/2016||Summit Redstone||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$17.00||N/A|
|5/22/2016||Bank of America Corporation||Reiterated Rating||Buy||N/A|
|5/22/2016||Summit Research||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$16.00||N/A|
|10/23/2015||Canaccord Genuity||Reiterated Rating||Buy||$9.75 -> $11.50||N/A|
Earnings History for 8x8 (NASDAQ:EGHT)Earnings History by Quarter for 8x8 (NASDAQ EGHT)
(Data available from 1/1/2011 forward)
|Date||Quarter||Consensus Estimate||Actual EPS||Revenue Estimate||Actual Revenue||Release Link||Conference Call||Details|
|7/27/2017||Q1 2018||$0.03||$0.02||$68.65 million||$69.10 million||View||N/A|
|5/25/2017||Q4 2017||$0.03||$0.05||$65.54 million||$66.49 million||View||N/A|
|1/25/2017||Q317||$0.04||$0.06||$63.51 million||$63.68 million||View||N/A|
|10/26/2016||Q217||$0.03||$0.06||$14.39 million||$63.20 million||View||Listen|
|7/21/2016||Q117||$0.03||$0.06||$57.97 million||$60.00 million||View||Listen|
|5/19/2016||Q416||$0.02||$0.03||$54.41 million||$57.33 million||View||Listen|
|1/21/2016||Q316||$0.03||$0.05||$52.00 million||$53.20 million||View||Listen|
|10/22/2015||Q216||$0.03||$0.03||$49.87 million||$50.94 million||View||Listen|
|7/22/2015||Q116||$0.03||$0.05||$46.31 million||$46.70 million||View||Listen|
|5/20/2015||Q415||$0.04||$0.05||$43.13 million||$43.50 million||View||Listen|
|1/22/2015||Q315||$0.02||$0.01||$41.41 million||$41.40 million||View||N/A|
|10/22/2014||Q215||$0.03||$0.05||$39.50 million||$39.60 million||View||Listen|
|7/23/2014||Q115||$0.03||$0.03||$37.46 million||$37.90 million||View||Listen|
|5/21/2014||Q414||$0.03||$0.04||$35.80 million||$35.80 million||View||Listen|
|1/22/2014||Q314||$0.04||$0.03||$32.41 million||$32.70 million||View||N/A|
|10/23/2013||Q214||$0.06||$0.05||$31.10 million||$30.82 million||View||N/A|
|7/24/2013||Q1 2014||$0.06||$0.06||$29.57 million||$30.00 million||View||N/A|
|5/22/2013||Q4 2014||$0.06||$0.05||$28.28 million||$28.70 million||View||N/A|
|1/24/2013||Q3 2013||$0.05||$0.05||$27.30 million||$27.34 million||View||N/A|
Earnings Estimates for 8x8 (NASDAQ:EGHT)
2017 EPS Consensus Estimate: ($0.02)
2018 EPS Consensus Estimate: $0.01
(Data provided by Zacks Investment Research)
|Quarter||Number of Estimates||Low Estimate||High Estimate||Average Estimate|
Dividend History for 8x8 (NASDAQ:EGHT)
No dividend announcements for this company have been tracked by MarketBeat.com
Insider Trading and Institutional Ownership History for 8x8 (NASDAQ:EGHT)
Insider Ownership Percentage: 4.40%Insider Trades by Quarter for 8x8 (NASDAQ:EGHT)
Institutional Ownership Percentage: 69.48%
(Data available from 1/1/2013 forward)
|Transaction Date||Insider Name||Title||Buy/Sell||Number of Shares||Average Share Price||Total Transaction||Details|
|8/1/2017||Mary Ellen P Genovese||CFO||Buy||11,625||$12.78||$148,567.50|| |
|8/1/2017||Vikram Verma||CEO||Buy||11,700||$12.80||$149,760.00|| |
|2/10/2017||Bryan R Martin||Insider||Sell||100,000||$15.61||$1,561,000.00|| |
|2/9/2017||Eric Salzman||Director||Sell||25,000||$15.41||$385,250.00|| |
|5/24/2016||Bryan R Martin||CTO||Sell||43,142||$12.45||$537,117.90|| |
|2/12/2016||Bryan R. Martin||CTO||Sell||56,758||$10.81||$613,553.98|| |
|2/5/2016||Bryan R. Martin||CTO||Sell||100||$12.27||$1,227.00|| |
|10/30/2014||Bryan R Martin||CTO||Sell||50,000||$7.81||$390,500.00|| |
|5/27/2014||Vikram Verma||CEO||Buy||38,000||$7.42||$281,960.00|| |
|11/22/2013||Vikram Verma||CEO||Buy||25,000||$9.49||$237,250.00|| |
|11/20/2013||Ian Potter||Director||Buy||30,000||$9.25||$277,500.00|| |
|6/28/2013||Mansour Salame||Director||Sell||15,093||$8.23||$124,215.39|| |
|6/26/2013||Mansour Salame||Director||Sell||40,000||$8.15||$326,000.00|| |
|6/24/2013||Mansour Salame||Director||Sell||50,000||$8.14||$407,000.00|| |
|6/20/2013||Mansour Salame||Director||Sell||55,000||$8.21||$451,550.00|| |
|6/18/2013||Mansour Salame||Director||Sell||60,000||$8.11||$486,600.00|| |
|6/14/2013||Mansour Salame||Director||Sell||19,000||$7.86||$149,340.00|| |
|6/10/2013||Mansour Salame||Director||Sell||42,700||$8.12||$346,724.00|| |
|5/30/2013||Bryan R Martin||CEO||Sell||6,200||$7.81||$48,422.00|| |
|5/30/2013||Mansour Salame||Director||Sell||48,000||$7.99||$383,520.00|| |
|5/28/2013||Mansour Salame||Director||Sell||36,000||$7.83||$281,880.00|| |
Headline Trends for 8x8 (NASDAQ:EGHT)
Latest Headlines for 8x8 (NASDAQ:EGHT)
Loading headlines, please wait.
8x8 (EGHT) Chart for Sunday, October, 22, 2017