About Equinix (NASDAQ:EQIX)
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX) connects the world's leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most-interconnected data centers. In 48 markets across five continents, Equinix is where companies come together to realize new opportunities and accelerate their business, IT and cloud strategies.
Industry, Sector and Symbol
Industry Real estate investment trusts
Sub-IndustryInternet Software & Services
Trailing P/E Ratio21.54
Forward P/E Ratio21.25
Sales & Book Value
Annual Sales$4.37 billion
Price / Sales7.31
Cash Flow$16.7371 per share
Price / Cash24.00
Book Value$87.56 per share
Price / Book4.59
EPS (Most Recent Fiscal Year)$18.53
Net Income$232.98 million
Return on Equity7.00%
Return on Assets2.55%
Equinix (NASDAQ:EQIX) Frequently Asked Questions
What is Equinix's stock symbol?
Equinix trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "EQIX."
How often does Equinix pay dividends? What is the dividend yield for Equinix?
Equinix announced a quarterly dividend on Thursday, May 3rd. Investors of record on Wednesday, May 23rd will be paid a dividend of $2.28 per share on Wednesday, June 20th. This represents a $9.12 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 2.27%. The ex-dividend date is Tuesday, May 22nd. View Equinix's Dividend History.
How were Equinix's earnings last quarter?
Equinix Inc (NASDAQ:EQIX) released its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, May, 2nd. The financial services provider reported $0.79 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing analysts' consensus estimates of $3.70 by $2.91. The financial services provider had revenue of $1.22 billion for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $1.21 billion. Equinix had a return on equity of 7.00% and a net margin of 5.48%. The business's revenue was up 28.1% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the prior year, the business earned $4.14 EPS. View Equinix's Earnings History.
What price target have analysts set for EQIX?
20 brokers have issued 1-year price objectives for Equinix's shares. Their forecasts range from $435.00 to $550.00. On average, they anticipate Equinix's stock price to reach $506.70 in the next year. View Analyst Ratings for Equinix.
What are Wall Street analysts saying about Equinix stock?
Here are some recent quotes from research analysts about Equinix stock:
- 1. According to Zacks Investment Research, "Equinix recently reported better than expected first-quarter 2018 results, primarily driven by robust top-line growth and strong operating performance. Further, in April 2018, the company completed the acquisition of Infomart Dallas in Latin America and Metronode in Australia. Notably, Equinix has been witnessing strong year-over-year revenue growth for the past several quarters, mainly driven by high demand for its cloud services by corporations. Additionally, the company’s recurring revenue model and current expansion plans are encouraging. In April 2017, it announced a billion-dollar aggressive expansion plan, which includes unveiling data centers, acquisitions and expansion of existing facilities. Nonetheless, we are concerned about the company’s growing debt burden, which will adversely affect the operating results as interest expenses would go up. Also, shares of Equinix have underperformed the industry in the past three months." (5/8/2018)
- 2. Credit Suisse Group AG analysts commented, "We met with EQIX executives Keith Taylor (CFO) and Lance Weaver (VP of Platform Strategy and Emerging Services) at the EQIX headquarters in Redwood City, CA." (2/25/2018)
- 3. Barclays PLC analysts commented, "The Beach Boys wished they all could be California girls," and we wish that all BDCs could report steady and strong results like Santa Monica-based TCPC. Second- quarter 2017 was another strong quarter, such that TCPC easily covered its $0.36 per share regular dividend—just like the 20 quarters that preceded it. The company reported core net investment income of $0.43 per share versus our $0.39 estimate. While the quarter benefited from unusually strong prepayment fees, there are some of these virtually every quarter. TCPC trades at a premium to other BDCs at 110% of NAV vs. the group average of 95%, and with an 8.7% yield vs. an average of 9.5%." (8/3/2017)
Who are some of Equinix's key competitors?
Some companies that are related to Equinix include American Tower (AMT), Simon Property Group (SPG), CROWN CASTLE In/SH SH (CCI), Public Storage (PSA), Prologis (PLD), Weyerhaeuser (WY), Equity Residential (EQR), AvalonBay Communities (AVB), DIGITAL Rlty Tr/SH SH (DLR), UNIBAIL-RODAMCO/ADR (UNRDY), Welltower (WELL), GGP (GGP), Ventas (VTR), Boston Properties (BXP) and SBA Communications (SBAC).
Who are Equinix's key executives?
Equinix's management team includes the folowing people:
- Mr. Keith D. Taylor, Chief Financial Officer (Age 56)
- Mr. Eric Schwartz, Pres of EMEA (Age 51)
- Mr. Charles J. Meyers, Pres of Strategy, Services & Innovation (Age 52)
- Mr. Karl Strohmeyer, Pres of Americas (Age 46)
- Mr. Peter F. Van Camp, Interim CEO, Pres & Exec. Chairman (Age 62)
Has Equinix been receiving favorable news coverage?
Media coverage about EQIX stock has trended somewhat positive recently, Accern Sentiment Analysis reports. The research group identifies positive and negative press coverage by reviewing more than twenty million blog and news sources in real time. Accern ranks coverage of companies on a scale of negative one to positive one, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. Equinix earned a news sentiment score of 0.10 on Accern's scale. They also gave media coverage about the financial services provider an impact score of 46.34 out of 100, meaning that recent press coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the stock's share price in the immediate future.
Who are Equinix's major shareholders?
Equinix's stock is owned by a variety of of institutional and retail investors. Top institutional investors include BlackRock Inc. (7.45%), Edgewood Management LLC (2.78%), Principal Financial Group Inc. (2.62%), Dimensional Fund Advisors LP (1.45%), Daiwa Securities Group Inc. (1.44%) and JPMorgan Chase & Co. (1.44%). Company insiders that own Equinix stock include Camp Peter Van, Charles J Meyers, Christopher B Paisley, Crosslink Capital Inc, Eric Schwartz, Irving F Lyons III, Karl Strohmeyer, Keith D Taylor, Michael Earl Campbell, Sara Baack, Stephen M Smith and Yau Tat Lee. View Institutional Ownership Trends for Equinix.
Which major investors are selling Equinix stock?
EQIX stock was sold by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Daiwa Securities Group Inc., BlackRock Inc., Heitman Real Estate Securities LLC, Zimmer Partners LP, Royal Bank of Canada, Victory Capital Management Inc., AGF Investments Inc. and Atlantic Trust Group LLC. Company insiders that have sold Equinix company stock in the last year include Camp Peter Van, Charles J Meyers, Christopher B Paisley, Irving F Lyons III, Karl Strohmeyer, Keith D Taylor, Michael Earl Campbell, Stephen M Smith and Yau Tat Lee. View Insider Buying and Selling for Equinix.
Which major investors are buying Equinix stock?
EQIX stock was purchased by a variety of institutional investors in the last quarter, including Centersquare Investment Management LLC, Summit Trail Advisors LLC, Edgewood Management LLC, USS Investment Management Ltd, Principal Financial Group Inc., Criterion Capital Management LLC, Sustainable Growth Advisers LP and Franklin Resources Inc.. View Insider Buying and Selling for Equinix.
How do I buy shares of Equinix?
Shares of EQIX can be purchased through any online brokerage account. Popular online brokerages with access to the U.S. stock market include Vanguard Brokerage Services, TD Ameritrade, E*TRADE, Scottrade, Fidelity and Charles Schwab.
What is Equinix's stock price today?
One share of EQIX stock can currently be purchased for approximately $401.69.
How big of a company is Equinix?
Equinix has a market capitalization of $31.68 billion and generates $4.37 billion in revenue each year. The financial services provider earns $232.98 million in net income (profit) each year or $18.53 on an earnings per share basis. Equinix employs 7,273 workers across the globe.
How can I contact Equinix?
Equinix's mailing address is ONE LAGOON DRIVE, REDWOOD CITY CA, 94065. The financial services provider can be reached via phone at 650-598-6000 or via email at [email protected]
MarketBeat Community Rating for Equinix (EQIX)MarketBeat's community ratings are surveys of what our community members think about Equinix and other stocks. Vote "Outperform" if you believe EQIX will outperform the S&P 500 over the long term. Vote "Underperform" if you believe EQIX will underperform the S&P 500 over the long term. You may vote once every thirty days.